49ers vs. Packers Discussion Thread

I'm not hating on SF. I want GB out because I don't like the potential matchup vs Bills in SB. I think if sf were healthy this would be a closer game. I just don't trust Jimmy.

I could see a situation where SF gets ahead early and they pound the run with eli/Deebo. I'm not saying I'd be shocked if SF wins. I just don't like it.

He is good when they behind and late game drives when they need it. Look what he did when they got down 17 to rams, that nothing new, i call him the opposite of cousins, he actually a lot better when they need him to come up big. He fucking terrible when they have chance to bury teams, just like the SB. That worries me for them winning but not ats,, the injury report worries me but I’m not sure how hurt the shoulder is.
ok so you're not worried. Then sf is the play for you!

Packers had a rather pedestrian scoring margin for that record and getting to play the crap in the north twice, niners the best ypp team in the league. I dunno why it matters what happened in Dallas really but fact is niners came out and took it to Dallas on both LOS and were clearly the better team, yes Jimmy g tried very hard to keep Dallas in it and forced the d to hold on for dear life in 2 drives at the end Dallas should have never got. Sure packers win if they do that but they don’t cover and the same thing is gonna happen at the LOS.

This is a good point that I was thinking about this morning. Feels like Dallas lost that game more so than SF won if that makes sense. Can’t see GB coming out as unprepared as Dallas did on Sunday
If nothing else, don’t see GB beating themselves like Dallas did. Dallas basically played one of their worst games of the year and had SO many penalty yards you could have played another game with just those yards. And they STILL almost won.

NIGHT​

3°Lo
RealFeel® -5°
1/22
Partly cloudy and very cold; hypothermia likely without protective clothing
WindWNW 7 mph
Wind Gusts18 mph
Probability of Precipitation8%
Probability of Thunderstorms0%
Precipitation0.00 in
Cloud Cover65%

If nothing else, don’t see GB beating themselves like Dallas did. Dallas basically played one of their worst games of the year and had SO many penalty yards you could have played another game with just those yards. And they STILL almost won.

i feel like we watched different games, not that it matters cause trying to cap a team by how they played the week prior is not a very good way to go about it in the nfl. dallas didnt beat themselves the niners came out and took it to them physically on both LOS (do we agree on that?),, if anyone tried to beat themselves is was jimmy g missing the wide open Aiyuk way down field where he woulda scored or been in scoring range and that would have put the game away, then jimmy throws a horrible int,, then shanny turns into a bitch on the 1st 4th and 1 with what 4 min to go i think and instead of just handing to Debo and letting him easily get a yard he punts!! then the last one niner drive needing 1st to salt game away jimmy g does the most inexplicable thing ever and apparently calls for the snap before his lineman set (im not sure sure that true but it what they called) that was the game. only a comedy of errors lead to dallas d having to hang on for dear life,, there no doubt packers would have won that game, they wouldnt have covered tho!! i dunno why we should expect jimmy to do all that again or for shanny to be such a pussy vs a offense im sure he respects more than dallas? sure jimmy prob make one mistake but im not worried he makes 3 or 4 tragic ones, that a lot for even bad qbs which he not.. there also the possibility packers get out to a lead, they did last time, jimmy doesnt usually make those kinds of mistakes when his team down and they need him to make plays.. he the anti cousins, when the pressure ramps up the better he plays!! dunno why that the case but we have a ton of evidence he bad when they have a lead often failing to put teams away (SB comes to mind!) but great when they have to have it or in the 2 min drill!!

i feel like we watched different games, not that it matters cause trying to cap a team by how they played the week prior is not a very good way to go about it in the nfl. dallas didnt beat themselves the niners came out and took it to them physically on both LOS (do we agree on that?),, if anyone tried to beat themselves is was jimmy g missing the wide open Aiyuk way down field where he woulda scored or been in scoring range and that would have put the game away, then jimmy throws a horrible int,, then shanny turns into a bitch on the 1st 4th and 1 with what 4 min to go i think and instead of just handing to Debo and letting him easily get a yard he punts!! then the last one niner drive needing 1st to salt game away jimmy g does the most inexplicable thing ever and apparently calls for the snap before his lineman set (im not sure sure that true but it what they called) that was the game. only a comedy of errors lead to dallas d having to hang on for dear life,, there no doubt packers would have won that game, they wouldnt have covered tho!! i dunno why we should expect jimmy to do all that again or for shanny to be such a pussy vs a offense im sure he respects more than dallas? sure jimmy prob make one mistake but im not worried he makes 3 or 4 tragic ones, that a lot for even bad qbs which he not.. there also the possibility packers get out to a lead, they did last time, jimmy doesnt usually make those kinds of mistakes when his team down and they need him to make plays.. he the anti cousins, when the pressure ramps up the better he plays!! dunno why that the case but we have a ton of evidence he bad when they have a lead often failing to put teams away (SB comes to mind!) but great when they have to have it or in the 2 min drill!!
I’m talking mostly about the penalties. If I’m remembering correctly they had a number of penalties on 3rd down that either extended SF drives, or took away big plays.

Warner was a full participant today and Bosa was limited. I would bet Bosa clears for the game.

Shanny knows LaFleur well and this team is built to win at Lambeau in January. 6 is definitely too many IMO

BIG if but if Jimmy plays flawless then the 49ers win outright. If he makes the classic 1-2 Jimmy bone head plays then I think they can still cover.

I’m talking mostly about the penalties. If I’m remembering correctly they had a number of penalties on 3rd down that either extended SF drives, or took away big plays.

Them and raiders were 2 of the most penalized teams, I think that def something that matters coming into playoffs, gotta think a team that commits penalties all year most likely won’t clean them up in playoffs when the stakes are higher., I wasn’t really paying close enough attention but I do think niners forced several the offensive penalties having to hold to get Dak time for a big play. They just couldn’t block them! I know they had a number of unforced penalties as well, just comes w the territory with a poorly coached undisciplined team.

I agree packers woulda/will win if niners allow them 2 extra drives they shouldn’t have like they did Dallas. Covering might be a different story tho, this number high for a team who almost certainly will get out physical-ed ar LOS.

Jimmy g was a full participant in practice, kinda tells me JayMac report was a bit exaggerated. Of course JayMac a degenerate gambler just like us and I’ve seen him do some mental gymnastics to convince himself of his side on the segment he does on the herd every week, as we all do, lol.

Cowboys beat them selfs awful play calling and time management and of course penalties. Dak played awful also the big game choker dont see arod and packers playing stupid

Cowboys beat them selfs awful play calling and time management and of course penalties. Dak played awful also the big game choker dont see arod and packers playing stupid

Here the thing, niners beat them and forced them to look bad cause they whipped them up front. Came out and took it right to them, the same way Dallas lost games to other teams this year. Denver rings a bell, they did the same thing far as coming out and jumping all over them by playing physical FB. It’s crazy not to give the niners the credit they deserve for that, cause we know when teams don’t do that Dallas capable of looking great. That why it was said niners were a terrible matchup for Dallas, cause they would come out and beat them at the LOS on both sides the ball. That wasn’t the product of penalties or mistakes, those were the result of what happens when you getting whipped up front!!

Of course packers not gonna come out and make bunch of mistakes but they very well could get beat at the point of attack up front. I don’t see them being able to stop the niners run game. We will see if they are able to protect Rodgers, that one I’m not as sure about as I am niners running the ball on offense.

Last edited:
Both Niiners and Packers have suspect special teams. Might be a wash or one side might try to take advantage of the other.

All boils down to Niners being able to run. Listening to Peter King this morning, Garoppolo's shoulder isn't in good shape. Combine that with his thumb and he's going to be very limited in the passing game. Or should I say even more limited.

All boils down to Niners being able to run. Listening to Peter King this morning, Garoppolo's shoulder isn't in good shape. Combine that with his thumb and he's going to be very limited in the passing game. Or should I say even more limited.

Is there any doubt they will be able to run on packers? They still gonna need him to be able to pick up 3rd downs to keep the run game going, he practiced already this week. I dunno what or who to believe, if it was in awful shape would he practice on wed? This is the same team that had lot of bobble heads convinced they were gonna pick mac Jones at 3!

Amazing to see opinions that Dallas beat themselves. Niners were waxing Dallas all game long until Kimmy G threw his unexplainable Int. It took a Hail Mary drive to even come close. That game was totally dominated by SF.

Both QBs can win the game with 2 mins left down 6 no problem.

Warner and Bosa will be 100%.

Jimmy likely will get some sort of shot in that arm and it won't be a problem.

Line down to 5.5 again.

Both QBs can win the game with 2 mins left down 6 no problem.

Warner and Bosa will be 100%.

Jimmy likely will get some sort of shot in that arm and it won't be a problem.

Line down to 5.5 again.

As long as the same medical staff who has been able to keep him playing with that finger is on the case I like his chances! Amazing they been able to inject in his throwing hand yet allow him to maintain feel of the ball! I bet Tyrod Taylor wish he had those guys rather than the incompetent twits that tried ruining his career!!

Warner was a full participant today and Bosa was limited. I would bet Bosa clears for the game.

Shanny knows LaFleur well and this team is built to win at Lambeau in January. 6 is definitely too many IMO

BIG if but if Jimmy plays flawless then the 49ers win outright. If he makes the classic 1-2 Jimmy bone head plays then I think they can still cover.
I probably said it up there but the bet is Bosa and Jimmy G not being a bonehead. That’ll get the cake.
IF, if he plays well I totally think the outright can be there

I probably said it up there but the bet is Bosa and Jimmy G not being a bonehead. That’ll get the cake.
IF, if he plays well I totally think the outright can be there

If Jimmy plays well I love the niners to win, if he plays like last week, pretty decent until niners were up a few scores in 2nd half, and they give Rodgers and co multiple chances to beat them late they will do it. Still don’t think packers cover even in that case. Jimmy have to be god awful for packers to win by more than 1 score imo. I wish I woulda bought to +7 when it was at +6 the other day, regardless I’m still taking any number higher than +4. Rather get a worse number than rushed to bet and find out guys wernt gonna play, I had enough of that during bowl season!

It really hard for me to understand ppl wanting to lay the points here when it seemed most were hesitant to do so in some the mismatches last week, this ain’t a mismatch by any stretch. Niners absolutely belong in this group!! Not like a few the teams who got in and got beat down last week!! Colts choking their spot away opened door for some ugly games. Guess it was inevitable in the nfc we were gonna get 1 or 2 cause nobody was deserving the 7 spot and cards played so well early they had to get in even though Seattle was better than them at the end the year!

Last edited:
Amazing to see opinions that Dallas beat themselves. Niners were waxing Dallas all game long until Kimmy G threw his unexplainable Int. It took a Hail Mary drive to even come close. That game was totally dominated by SF.
I am someone who has said that in relation to penalties in key situations. Don’t get me wrong, SF bullied them around the field, but if Dallas doesn’t commit some of those ridiculous penalties that either extended SF drives or negated big gains, it might be a different game. Might.

True both ways

I tend to go your way. SF controlled most of this game. The better team won.

True both ways

I tend to go your way. SF controlled most of this game. The better team won.
Dallas beat themselves some for sure. But SF came out and pounded them with the run and they were in Daks face rushing four from the jump. They made Dallas play their game. They probably should’ve won by 3 scores. It wasn’t as close as the final.

Dallas beat themselves some for sure. But SF came out and pounded them with the run and they were in Daks face rushing four from the jump. They made Dallas play their game. They probably should’ve won by 3 scores. It wasn’t as close as the final.
You pointed out the key aspect... They came out with their game right away.

What's nuts in reading this is that it's all about rehashing a game last week than means zilch this weak

Let's stay on topic folks...unless you really want to say Dallas and GB are the same teams, what does the Dallas game have to do with going to Lambeau on a Sat night at basically 0 degrees?

Water under the bridge. This week it's frozen.

They came with a way sharper number on Debo rushing yards this week. I think I still lean over 40.5 but I don’t love it. Imo Mitchell over 80.5 is a stronger play. Think I prefer debo to score at -105, that shorter than the -115ish he has been quite often.

I had a Niners ticket...Dallas coaching was probably the worst I’ve seen in a long time. Penalties, decisions, playcalling...ceedee had ONE RECEPTION. SF deserved to win no doubt but you’re obtuse if you thought Dallas played even averagely

At the same point, we all knew and capped that Dallas coaching.

I said it weeks ago, this was a supremely talented team that would lose due to their coach. You could tell he was gonna not use the run game enough.

Okay, on topic ... Same formula for SF, get control early on the ground.

What's nuts in reading this is that it's all about rehashing a game last week than means zilch this weak

Let's stay on topic folks...unless you really want to say Dallas and GB are the same teams, what does the Dallas game have to do with going to Lambeau on a Sat night at basically 0 degrees?

It’s the most recent game we have to look back on that involves either of the two teams, and oh btw it was a playoff game. I’d say it’s relevant.

Agree with Bar that SF runs the same game plan back (not sure they can win any other way actually). Can they run on GB? I’d say yeah probably. GB 3rd worst YPC against the run this year. SF ran the ball poorly and lost in September but they were using Trey Sermon as their lead back then and not running Deebo as much.

Im still flipping back and forth a lot on this game. Probably leaning towards the points, but it’s hard to put money against Rodgers (and thus, on Jimmy). If SF can get GB into a grind it out game, they probably cover. If Rodgers goes out and puts up a quick 7 on the first possession or something lookout.

It’s the most recent game we have to look back on that involves either of the two teams, and oh btw it was a playoff game. I’d say it’s relevant.

Agree with Bar that SF runs the same game plan back (not sure they can win any other way actually). Can they run on GB? I’d say yeah probably. GB 3rd worst YPC against the run this year. SF ran the ball poorly and lost in September but they were using Trey Sermon as their lead back then and not running Deebo as much.

Im still flipping back and forth a lot on this game. Probably leaning towards the points, but it’s hard to put money against Rodgers (and thus, on Jimmy). If SF can get GB into a grind it out game, they probably cover. If Rodgers goes out and puts up a quick 7 on the first possession or something lookout.
I've only put GB ML in a parlay

But I certainly don't like SF here. GB was my only non-fade team in the NFC and it was dicey at best but given the conditions, I'd prefer them if I had to bet the spread. MASSIVE coaching mismatch, not close.

I adjust my ratings each week. The point for me is I didn’t upgrade (or downgrade) SF after last week and it seems a lot of people are higher on SF due to that win

I adjust my ratings each week. The point for me is I didn’t upgrade (or downgrade) SF after last week and it seems a lot of people are higher on SF due to that win
I couldn't for the life of me know how to adjust during playoffs

It's matchup but it's so situational I couldn't remotely use the prior week as a predictor for the next one other than overly sexy lines (see Bills yet I'm still on them)

The relevance of the previous week barring injuries is nil to me

They came with a way sharper number on Debo rushing yards this week. I think I still lean over 40.5 but I don’t love it. Imo Mitchell over 80.5 is a stronger play. Think I prefer debo to score at -105, that shorter than the -115ish he has been quite often.
Hey Bank, do you have any opinion on D. Adams over Rec and Yards? Saw some numbers where in last 5 games vs SF he’s seen double digit targets and has gone over 130 yards 4/5 games. Thanks

Back