• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

**********2024 Playoffs in game**********

Under a minute is the typical shift. Anything over a minute and 1/2 and they need to get off (because their legs are probably killing em), over 2 minutes and they’re dragging ass just hoping for a whistle.

I would guess the average is 45-50 seconds, maybe a few ticks more for a top defenseman or top forward.
Oh damn, really? I’ve never ice skates so I wouldn’t know how taxing it is. But I guess with how physical it is, the pads etc…

So if a typical shift is under a minute, how long typically between shifts for a player? Sounds like maybe 5 minutes or so?

Oh damn, really? I’ve never ice skates so I wouldn’t know how taxing it is. But I guess with how physical it is, the pads etc…

So if a typical shift is under a minute, how long typically between shifts for a player? Sounds like maybe 5 minutes or so?

There are 4 lines, with 3 of them being played more minutes than the 4th, so every 2-3.5 minutes you're back on the ice if you're on the top 3 lines.

Depends on the player and team, also position

So teams have 4 forward lines and 3 d pairs

But the first line plays more, and some d play almost half the game, like larry said they are less taxing position most shifts. John carlson played almost 26 minutes a game this season, he was tops in league

Playoffs everyone goes up

Mcdavids offseason workouts with gary Robert's are legendary for his conditioning

So he will play 25 mins a night some playoff games

Its taxing, I know it looks like they are guiding but its huge leg muscles workinh, we used to do suicides which is skate from the goal line and stop at every line and come back and go to next one

blue line back
Res line back
Blue oine back
Opposite goal line back

Your deas after that

Also you have to fill on stop, which makes it more taxing, cant just half stop at line and glide back to start

Depends on the player and team, also position

So teams have 4 forward lines and 3 d pairs

But the first line plays more, and some d play almost half the game, like larry said they are less taxing position most shifts. John carlson played almost 26 minutes a game this season, he was tops in league
Got it. Thank you. Still trying to learn the ins and outs of hockey

There are 4 lines, with 3 of them being played more minutes than the 4th, so every 2-3.5 minutes you're back on the ice if you're on the top 3 lines.
Ok. Got it. So basically quick intense shifts, short breaks, then back. What’s the longest shift you remember a player ever doing?

Its taxing, I know it looks like they are guiding but its huge leg muscles workinh, we used to do suicides which is skate from the goal line and stop at every line and come back and go to next one

blue line back
Res line back
Blue oine back
Opposite goal line back

Your deas after that

Also you have to fill on stop, which makes it more taxing, cant just half stop at line and glide back to start
Terrible HS basketball flashbacks

Lines and stairs

Shooting free throws out of 5 for number of drills, every now the team would pick one guy to shoot for the whole team. Pressure situations.

Steps were worse though and the climb was work but going down negatives seemed dangerous. Perfect exercise for skiing.

Terrible HS basketball flashbacks

Lines and stairs

Shooting free throws out of 5 for number of drills, every now the team would pick one guy to shoot for the whole team. Pressure situations.

Steps were worse though and the climb was work but going down negatives seemed dangerous. Perfect exercise for skiing.
Shit, you should have been at the CTG Meat golf outing...

I missed a NET bogey putt on 17 and Teapot made me run backwards all the way back to the clubhouse.

Uphill.

Shit, you should have been at the CTG Meat golf outing...

I missed a NET bogey putt on 17 and Teapot made me run backwards all the way back to the clubhouse.

Uphill.
And you still have both Achilles?

So the Rangers beat the worst playoff team in the last 30 plus years, and followed that up by winning a series against a goalie that would struggle in the AHL. Now losing to Florida is far from embarrassing but the fact is this team has to be broken up.

Without Shesterkin who is unquestionably the best goalie in the league this team would have trouble beating anyone.

Edmonton, like the Mavs in the NBA last night, are going to put an ass-whooping on the Panthers tonight. Won't matter if they can't win one on the road though.

But if/when it gets to 3-0 tonight, taking a flyer on the Panters will be a wise idea at the crazy price it'll be.

McDavid now with the 4th highest playoff point total in league history, behind two Gretzky seasons and one from Mario.

This time of year sucks in South Florida though. Normally I'd say Edmonton should tank then spend the rest of the week on South Beach but that humidity is suffocating.

Back