2024 PGA Championship at Valhalla Discussion

Personally, I have just one future so far.

I played Aberg a few hours after The Masters concluded.

My number is +1600.

My guy @HUNT can confirm this.

That # is slightly lower at BOL now (1400).

I found a 1800 on a PPH just a few minutes ago.

So, my start.

Aberg +1600
Aberg +1800

My reasoning initially was I expected him to become a public darling. I wanted the #. Now, I just want a bit more.

I'll get into a few more futures in the coming 10 days or so.

We're used to seeing Valhalla in August, in the heat of the summer. Add in September for that Ryder Cup. I'm curious how playing in May will change things. I don't think we'll see much of a difference. Mid May Kentucky weather is generally pretty warm.

My target non futures wise will be over/unders. I'd expect this will be a scoring course.

One last note for now -- I'm not going crazy with futures during this Scottie streak. I'll simply look for in tournament futures more as the picture becomes clearer. The best we can hope for is to find guys that might be there on Sunday with Scottie. We did a good job of that at Augusta.

He's just on a different plane right now.

Anyways, start discussing -- we'll have a contest posted next week as well!

Fun fact: Aaron Flener played in my club's member-guest 8 or 9 years ago with a buddy he played college golf with. At that point he was just getting into caddying on tour and was on Colt Knost's bag. Heard some great stories about life on tour, good good dude

Looks like Brooks won on LIV your this week.

He had been struggling quite a bit.

Defending champ, might be worth a look!

I didn't realize that the Sheffler family had yet to have the birth of their child.

This could get interesting next week.

Scottie not playing the Wells Fargo and not just because of his kid has me a bit on pause to bet on him

I've eliminated Rory and X, yesterday was their day and one made the most of it

Has the feel of a Tom Kim or Willy Z type but I'd bet Brooks if he was playing

She gave birth on Saturday. Glad we don’t have to hear about that storyline anymore!
Not gonna lie, I don't know of anyone in my last 30 years on Earth that hasn't scheduled that shit. Good on them for the mystery of it I guess but the story ran its course over a month ago

Everyone wants to talk about Meredith Scheffler, meanwhile, nobody wants to talk about poor Sam Burns’ wife who just gave birth to a child this week….whom they named Bear. I certainly hope it was a boy!

Everyone wants to talk about Meredith Scheffler, meanwhile, nobody wants to talk about poor Sam Burns’ wife who just gave birth to a child this week….whom they named Bear. I certainly hope it was a boy!
Named after Brunson?

Just some quick thoughts on PGA Championship-

Haven't looked at the usual suspects to win but will likely be on them in match-ups or over/under rounds to some degree.

JT has played decent last 2 rounds, consistent as least.
Spieth can turn it on but very prone to a few bad holes, per round, turning a good round to a sub-par round.
Day, X and Homa been playing well.
Cantlay, Willie Zed, Young looks off to me

I'm eyeing the following for top 20's (ties paid)- McCarthy, Hughes, Niemann, Koepkha, all are at plus money w/ Brooksie at -135

Probably no outrights but did put in below lotto ticket at FD this morning.

Lotto.png

Weather looks good for first and final rounds. Rain expected Friday and Saturday. Hope there aren't delays as it always throws off line availability and options.

This weekend for PGA blows. There are a bunch of other stuff going on...Preakness, last week of Premier League, NBA playoffs

I'm not even sure I watch one shot of this tournament. PGA really has ruined this major

So Rory filed for divorce on Monday after his win in Charlotte? He and Tiger are going to tear it up in Jupiter over the coming weeks

This weekend for PGA blows. There are a bunch of other stuff going on...Preakness, last week of Premier League, NBA playoffs

I'm not even sure I watch one shot of this tournament. PGA really has ruined this major
We talked off-line about this but I'd really like the PGA back into August for a multitude of reasons.

We talked off-line about this but I'd really like the PGA back into August for a multitude of reasons.
Very strange Tuesday of a major weekend and I haven't thought about it

Crazy that WNBA is front and center right now and that's only because City won today

It's mind boggling that there is a golf trophy being handed out on Sunday when a real trophy is gonna be handed out in Manchester. The PGA really has failed.

Very strange Tuesday of a major weekend and I haven't thought about it

Crazy that WNBA is front and center right now and that's only because City won today

It's mind boggling that there is a golf trophy being handed out on Sunday when a real trophy is gonna be handed out in Manchester. The PGA really has failed.
I had no idea wnba started till this morning.

They used to start Memorial weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
I had no idea wnba started till this morning.

They used to start Memorial weekend.
I'm not sure I've ever actually typed WNBA before

Aunts and fem friends are already texting me #FEVER and this can't last

Two plays so far.......prolly only thing I will do pre-tourney

Brooks +151 over Xander..........2 units
Brooks to win +1600.....1 unit
I like that matchup.

Makes sense.

I do like that Blake won recently. He also won at Doral last year right before the Masters. That helps. He had looked pretty bad before that.

Good luck.

I love Cam Smith Top 30 (-110).

This guy seems to fly under the radar these days (post LIV move). He’s always quietly in the mix, has played pretty well at the PGA Champ in the past, and is coming off a 2nd place finish in Singapore. I doubt a course in Singapore is going to compare to Valhalla, but he doesn’t ever seem to blow up. Great short game. I just feel like top 30 is very doable for this guy.

I love Cam Smith Top 30 (-110).

This guy seems to fly under the radar these days (post LIV move). He’s always quietly in the mix, has played pretty well at the PGA Champ in the past, and is coming off a 2nd place finish in Singapore. I doubt a course in Singapore is going to compare to Valhalla, but he doesn’t ever seem to blow up. Great short game. I just feel like top 30 is very doable for this guy.
That's a steal imo

How fucking retarded is this shit. No one is remotely talking about it around here. PGA done fucked up again

Rd.1 top 10 (ties paid), all 1unit at MGM.

Deschambro +320
Day +450
Pendrith +800
KH Lee +1200

GL this week

Full tourney match ups:

Cole -115 vs Pavon

Hatton -120 vs Fitzpatrick

Good luck with your wagers this week fellas…

Rahm +160 vs Scheffler. I know the perception is Rahm isn't as good anymore now that he's on LIV and Scottie is blazing hot. But this line looks almost too good to pass up on Rahmbo. What are you guys thoughts?

Rahm +160 vs Scheffler. I know the perception is Rahm isn't as good anymore now that he's on LIV and Scottie is blazing hot. But this line looks almost too good to pass up on Rahmbo. What are you guys thoughts?
There will probably be an opportunity to hedge it if needed

I still put Rahm as 1a compared to Scottie. +160 is serious disrespect

There will probably be an opportunity to hedge it if needed

I still put Rahm as 1a compared to Scottie. +160 is serious disrespect
Plus it's only 1st round. I know the playing 54/72 is somewhat valid with Koepka fading at the Masters last year. We will see. GL on your bets 🤞

Back