2024 Off-Season Thread...

emkee

The Truth Is Out There
First cab off the rank...

Giddey traded to the Bulls for Caruso.

Other kids at OKC really didn't like the Giddler and I get why.

Dude will be in the Aussie League within the next 3 seasons, master of his own downfall...

First cab off the rank...

Giddey traded to the Bulls for Caruso.

Other kids at OKC really didn't like the Giddler and I get why.

Dude will be in the Aussie League within the next 3 seasons, master of his own downfall...
Think giddy sucks and huge win for okc. Caruso type of role player u need to win championship. Bulls a disaster

Knicks get the guy. The Nova project is complete.

Another guy the Sixers passed on a hometown hero for a guy not even in the league anymore. The process was abysmal.

All the guys they should have drafted now lead the 2 EC contenders for the next handful of years.

I hate rich paul and the James fanily

Exactly the right answer. The only answer really.

The Lakers just drafted a guy who by most/all accounts wasn’t and isn’t even an NBA prospect to appease the fakest dude who’s ever played while he’s well past his prime and they are nowhere near a serious contender. I get that it’s a 2nd round pick, and they’re not really a serious contender so who cares, but what kinda message does that send to everyone else?

That has to be one of the worst draft picks in Lakers history. Bron better get a few games in with him this year or next, because once he retires Bronny going to be out of the league (if he even makes the fucking team).

What a joke.

Exactly the right answer. The only answer really.

The Lakers just drafted a guy who by most/all accounts wasn’t and isn’t even an NBA prospect to appease the fakest dude who’s ever played while he’s well past his prime and they are nowhere near a serious contender. I get that it’s a 2nd round pick, and they’re not really a serious contender so who cares, but what kinda message does that send to everyone else?

That has to be one of the worst draft picks in Lakers history. Bron better get a few games in with him this year or next, because once he retires Bronny going to be out of the league (if he even makes the fucking team).

What a joke.
I don't know, most 50+ picks in the draft wash out of the league anyway and Lakers always love the attention and the drama. Who would pass away at making history and getting even more hype and money? Sometimes teams sell second round pick for pocket money and here they will make a lot more money.

I don't know, most 50+ picks in the draft wash out of the league anyway and Lakers always love the attention and the drama. Who would pass away at making history and getting even more hype and money? Sometimes teams sell second round pick for pocket money and here they will make a lot more money.

That's almost literally what I said about it being a second round pick and many people not even caring about it because most won't make it. He was ONLY drafted because his father plays for the Lakers. That's quite the nepotism going on there. The end.

Brunson Dante Hart Miles OG is the best 3D lineup outside of Boston
At least don't confuse Mikal with that baby mama beater that went to MSU, this Nova team will be an incredible watch at the Garden although everything I've seen is that OG is ready to hit the market, hard to pay them all.

At least don't confuse Mikal with that baby mama beater that went to MSU, this Nova team will be an incredible watch at the Garden although everything I've seen is that OG is ready to hit the market, hard to pay them all.
OG resigned with the Knicks on Wednesday.

OG resigned with the Knicks on Wednesday.
Shows how little I've paid attention. I didn't even realize the first round was Wednesday til yesterday lol. Barely recognize names anymore or the colleges they went to and I'm ok with that.

Second round picks are useless.

That's why teams trade them away.

Non guaranteed contracts.

NBA should go to 1 round for draft.

Second round picks are useless.

That's why teams trade them away.

Non guaranteed contracts.

NBA should go to 1 round for draft.
I wouldn't say useless. They have the two way contracts now equivalent to calling up a guy from the minors when injuries or whatnot happen. Two rounds is plenty safe for all involved. I think it used to be like 6 or 8 rounds at one point like maybe 30-40 years ago with less teams. Not to mention staying in college for 4 years was the way it was. Drafts were so much better back then as the first and second rounders were so much more polished.

I wouldn't say useless. They have the two way contracts now equivalent to calling up a guy from the minors when injuries or whatnot happen. Two rounds is plenty safe for all involved. I think it used to be like 6 or 8 rounds at one point like maybe 30-40 years ago with less teams. Not to mention staying in college for 4 years was the way it was. Drafts were so much better back then as the first and second rounders were so much more polished.
Yeah, back until the mid 80s there was over 2 rounds.

I say useless in the fact teams trade them away like they are nothing.

The non guaranteed contracts part is huge. I'd rather be a FA if I wasn't drafted in 1st round so I could pick my destination.

Yeah, I mean that was max contract not that long ago and now given to common starters and even efficient rotation players.
I'm reading all the new contracts and can't imagine how some of the not long ago retired players are feeling...
Remember, Magic signed a 25 years, 25 million dollar contract in 1990ish.

That was considered absurd lol.

Remember, Magic signed a 25 years, 25 million dollar contract in 1990ish.

That was considered absurd lol.
Yeah, but even looking few years back only. Just out of curiosity googled Matt Barnes, more or less same type of player as KCP. He made 35 mill his ENTIRE career!

Yeah, but even looking few years back only. Just out of curiosity googled Matt Barnes, more or less same type of player as KCP. He made 35 mill his ENTIRE career!
Wow. That's nuts.

The overseas markets are what keeps this going (China especially) because it certainly isn't some mega growth in the game via the states.

Back