2023 Texas Rangers - Entire Season

That sweep of the Phillies in the first series of the year is what ended up getting the Rangers home field for the World Series. Tiebreaker on records for HF is head to head. Whether that HF is a good thing for the WS is certainly up for debate, least from the Rangers side.

We'll take it.

I can't believe this. Simply cannot. Wearing a Rangers hat around for years hasn't been the most pleasant thing, especially in this state.

Tonight, elation doesn't describe it.

2023 World Series Champions. Unbelievable.
I concur.
I've already ordered a new World Series Champs '23 cap to replace my tattered Rangers work hat. Plus a few t-shirts to commemorate this joyous occasion. I just wish Lefty was around to share in it.

I concur.
I've already ordered a new World Series Champs '23 cap to replace my tattered Rangers work hat. Plus a few t-shirts to commemorate this joyous occasion. I just wish Lefty was around to share in it.

Mark Holtz is smiling somewhere.

I haven't heard Nadel's call on the final out. I'm sure it's a memorable one.

I concur.

I didn’t realize or forgot you were a rangers fan also, congrats buddy. Although I had this evil thought that if snakes could somehow win gm 5 it would be pretty funny cause I thought they woulda had great chance to win 6-7 but now that I see how many rangers fans we have im glad they won and ya’ll didn’t have to go thru another traumatizing experience like what cards did to ya!

It was pretty good. I had the tv on, but muted...listened to the radio feed. Put in many years listening to the boys put the wraps on losing seasons, reckoned I'd like to hear them call a championship year.

Yes, indeed. I'm so glad Nadel made it back this season after his illness. He deserves this as much as anyone.

It's one thing to have a world championship team. Icing on the cake to have such a selfless, good bunch of guys that won it.

I didn’t realize or forgot you were a rangers fan also, congrats buddy. Although I had this evil thought that if snakes could somehow win gm 5 it would be pretty funny cause I thought they woulda had great chance to win 6-7 but now that I see how many rangers fans we have im glad they won and ya’ll didn’t have to go thru another traumatizing experience like what cards did to ya!
I had that 2011 feeling in the pit of my stomach when it was only 1-0, but it went away in the top of the 9th. :p

Yes, indeed. I'm so glad Nadel made it back this season after his illness. He deserves this as much as anyone.

It's one thing to have a world championship team. Icing on the cake to have such a selfless, good bunch of guys that won it.
Sandler did an admirable job covering for Eric for the first chunk of the season...he'll be a decent replacement if Nadel hangs up his spurs.

It'll be interesting to see if Bochy sticks around.

Sandler did an admirable job covering for Eric for the first chunk of the season...he'll be a decent replacement if Nadel hangs up his spurs.

It'll be interesting to see if Bochy sticks around.

Yep, Sandler was good.

Be interesting to see if Bochy sticks around. Can see several reasons he will and other side of it see him walking away after a title.

I had that 2011 feeling in the pit of my stomach when it was only 1-0, but it went away in the top of the 9th. :p

Yea, those runs were massive! When they only got the 1 in 7th I was sure it wasn’t enough. Worked out pretty good for me to cause cashed a Semien and seager prop in 9th! I didn’t even think they were getting another at bat!! I’m talking w the wife and didn’t even realize Semien hit that bomb, i saw it go out and was like “who hit that Babe?” Sure enough I see him rounding the bags and like “fuck yea, wonder if seager can get me another base?!?!”, Couple seconds later he hits that dribbler to empty part of infield and I’m like “damn, had to be luckiest base prop cash ever” lol. If only freaking marte coulda got me a double in 9th or not been walked all stinking night. 2 nights in a row I fell 1 guy short of hitting 7 man parlays! Night before it was garver who of course got the hit and 1st rbi tonight! Shoulda known to put him back in today but how can ya not use marte? Dude had a hit in every playoff game til tonight!

What a night. Drank way too much and am (happily) paying for it today.

Microcosm of what a roller coaster it was this season - during a a 2-week stretch in Aug and Sept. Josh Sborz allowed 13 runs and four homers over 5 innings. In the postseason? 0.75 ERA, a .103 batting average, and getting the final out last night.

Makes no sense but that can be said for about 20 other resilient things that happened this season.

What a night. Drank way too much and am (happily) paying for it today.

Microcosm of what a roller coaster it was this season - during a a 2-week stretch in Aug and Sept. Josh Sborz allowed 13 runs and four homers over 5 innings. In the postseason? 0.75 ERA, a .103 batting average, and getting the final out last night.

Makes no sense but that can be said for about 20 other resilient things that happened this season.
I think this sums up baseball. The season is too long and the playoffs are just about who gets hot and gels at the right time in a 4 week sprint, and of course, who is healthy. Rangers couldn't be beaten in the first half of the season and were written off coming into the playoffs because of a disaster 2nd half. But they were resilient and refound their form.

Sucks that Lefty hasn't been around for all of this. Hope it's "just" life things.

Back