2021 offseason thread

OK Brewers888, if you say so.
He's a 3 time loser. Guys like him may get one chance or two, but not 4. Kinda of like Sean Avery. Every team had an opportunity to grab him, every team passed.
But hey, maybe the Rangers will trade Trouba too.

OK Brewers888, if you say so.
He's a 3 time loser. Guys like him may get one chance or two, but not 4. Kinda of like Sean Avery. Every team had an opportunity to grab him, every team passed.
But hey, maybe the Rangers will trade Trouba too.
Its clear you have as much hockey knowledge as Larry Brooks but enjoy the new scrub making 3.6 million for the next 6 years.

Credit to @Gambo987 who was first to report on OEL/Garland, but Beagle, Eriksson, Roussel and 9th overall pick are involved.

Full details

TRADE!

To #Canucks
-Conor Garland (W)
- Oliver Ekman-Larsson (D)

To #Yotes
- Jay Beagle (C)
- Loui Eriksson (W)
- Antoine Roussel (W)
- 9th Overall Pick
- 2022 2nd Round Pick
- 2022 7th Round Pick

* ARI retains 12% of OEL’s contract *

I kinda like what both teams did here to be honest.

Hyman to Edmonton all but done. Toronto wants compensation but Edmonton won’t give more than a late draft pick. They are comfortable going 7 or 8 with Hyman

The Blackhawks intend to sign the star blue-liner to an eight-year extension carrying a $9.5-million annual cap hit, according to TSN's Darren Dreger.

Chicago #Blackhawks :
• Seth Jones
(7-year extension, AAV=$9.5M)
• 32nd overall pick this year

Columbus Blue Jackets #CBJ :
• Adam Boqvist
• 12th overall pick this year
• Another pick aswell

Seth Jones dad is Popeye Jones huh?

Looking at his charts from last season. The hawks are taking a big gamble.
Yea. Grew up in Toronto and that’s where he found the game then moved. They also have his brother..

He’s one of the defensemen in the league I would give close to an A rating

The Carolina Hurricanes have traded defenceman Jake Bean to the Columbus Blue Jackets for the 44th overall pick in this weekend's NHL Draft, according to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun.

IF buch gets a large contract, is Drury back to genius or still a bum?
Doesn't change a thing whatsoever. I think he would have taken say 5 x 5 to stay with the Rangers which would have been a good deal for the team and regardless the return of a 4th line scrub and second round pick for a clear first line player is inexcusable.

The moves Drury has made so far have been just so embarrassingly bad. The guy is clearly in over his head and/or a puppet for Sather who may still be running things.

Doesn't change a thing whatsoever. I think he would have taken say 5 x 5 to stay with the Rangers which would have been a good deal for the team and regardless the return of a 4th line scrub and second round pick for a clear first line player is inexcusable.
I don’t think drury is trading away Buch in that case, players want to get paid and his agent will maximize that. It was get sometnkng out of this, also Tom Wilson.. haha

Zach hyman is getting 5 a year and buch is much more talented than him and way younger. Hall has alresyd been paid and wants to win so he’ll take that mentality of a “cheaper” deal. This is his first contract since ELC for buch if memory serves me correct

I don’t think drury is trading away Buch in that case, players want to get paid and his agent will maximize that. It was get sometnkng out of this, also Tom Wilson.. haha
They got nothing in return for an ascending player. Meanwhile Buffalo received a first round pick for Ristolainen who is barely an NHL player. The Rangers essentially chose Goodrow over Buchnevich and then traded away the valuable asset for garbage in return.

There is just no way to spin what Drury has done since taking this job. He turned a soon to be contender into a likely also ran.

Zach hyman is getting 5 a year and buch is much more talented than him and way younger. Hall has alresyd been paid and wants to win so he’ll take that mentality of a “cheaper” deal. This is his first contract since ELC for buch if memory serves me correct
Maybe Buchnevich was going to try to squeeze every dollar out of the team but I think there was a good chance to get him to take a hometown discount. If that wasn't the case and they felt he had to be moved they easily could have gotten a better deal. The money was there to sign him and even more money could have been available by moving Kreider and Trouba.

One other thing the Hyman deal is a huge overpay that is only getting done because Holland is every bit as clueless as Drury.

Back