2021 CFP Discussion

Do you know what this committee is tasked to do? Facts don't care about feeling. Letting Cincy in because they are undefeated or deserving is some trophy for everyone BS. Oh, let you're little brother play because he doesn't have anyone to play with.

I'm curious, is the 4 best team thing actually in the NCAA rule book or is that just something they made hip by jamming it down our throats a long time ago to justify someone being there that doesn't deserve to be?
It has been their job since day 1

Do you know what this committee is tasked to do? Facts don't care about feeling. Letting Cincy in because they are undefeated or deserving is some trophy for everyone BS. Oh, let you're little brother play because he doesn't have anyone to play with.
Name another sport, college or pro, where you don't have any chance to win the status as the best before you even have your first practice

You not using the right words and who the BEST is never a fact. The word is EARNED!! Teams who have earned spots should get them. At end of season if bama and osu win conf champ then they earned a spot. Do you know what the committee tasked with? I do, it has nothing to do with best, it all bout Earn as in earnings.

Name another sport, college or pro, where you don't have any chance to win the status as the best before you even have your first practice
I don't have to. This is college football and that is how this sport is set up.

But to appease you, there is no other sport I am aware of that does this.

You not using the right words and who the BEST is never a fact. The word is EARNED!! Teams who have earned spots should get them. At end of season if bama and osu win conf champ then they earned a spot. Do you know what the committee tasked with? I do, it has nothing to do with best, it all bout Earn as in earnings.
That is why I asked YOU, who the 4 BEST teams in the nation are, not most deserving. The BEST. So, take your Cincy on a neutral vs every team in the nation. Are there 4 teams BETTER than them?

4 is a dumb ass number when they have how many conf? Give all the power 5 chains a spot, let the group of 5s play for the 6th. Be pretty easy. I don’t need wild cards or any that crap cause if you don’t win your conf you damn sure shouldn’t be considered national champ.

4 is a dumb ass number when they have how many conf? Give all the power 5 chains a spot, let the group of 5s play for the 6th. Be pretty easy. I don’t need wild cards or any that crap cause if you don’t win your conf you damn sure shouldn’t be considered national champ.
Let's try a different way. Yes or no....

Is Cincy BETTER than UGA?
Is Cincy BETTER than tOSU?
Is Cincy BETTER than BAMA?

That is why I asked YOU, who the 4 BEST teams in the nation are, not most deserving. The BEST. So, take your Cincy on a neutral vs every team in the nation. Are there 4 teams BETTER than them?

Then why do we play the games? I’m no more qualified to say who the best is than anyone else. This supposed to be simple. You take the conf champs cause they the best of that conf, and they play to find out who the best is on the field!

To answer your question I think there 3 teams clearly better than cincy (uga, bama, osu) but since 2 of them are in the same conf 1 of them should be eliminated w conf championship game. I dunno if cincy is the 4th best but if you giving me points with any other team besides the 3 on a neutral I’d prob take them.

Then why do we play the games? I’m no more qualified to say who the best is than anyone else. This supposed to be simple. You take the conf champs cause they the best of that conf, and they play to find out who the best is on the field!

To answer your question I think there 3 teams clearly better than cincy (uga, bama, osu) but since 2 of them are in the same conf 1 of them should be eliminated w conf championship game. I dunno if cincy is the 4th best but if you giving me points with any other team besides the 3 on a neutral I’d prob take them.
Not like it would be shocking if Bearcats went 2-1 against those 3 teams

Surprising? Maybe but certainly not shocking

Bama could lose 2 more games and they still be favs over every team not named Uga. So you telling me a 3 loss bama team should still be in? That basically what you saying by wanting so bad for us to say bama is better than cincy. If that what you saying then this whole playing a season is a huge waste of time. We can just look at preseason Ranks and go straight to the championship game!!

Point spread is not in the committee's parameters. They are tasked to choose the best, nothing more or less. The reason the season is played is to determine that. This can't be determined without seeing a variety of games, how personnel play,...before the season we would have THOUGHT Indiana was going to be a good team. After watching them, we know that to be false.

Not like it would be shocking if Bearcats went 2-1 against those 3 teams

Surprising? Maybe but certainly not shocking

I dunno how we all became so qualified that instead of results deciding the teams we just decide by who looks the best. Technically aggies look better than bama don’t they? How come they not in top 4? They beat bama and apparently losses or the season don’t matter!

Bama could lose 2 more games and they still be favs over every team not named Uga. So you telling me a 3 loss bama team should still be in? That basically what you saying by wanting so bad for us to say bama is better than cincy. If that what you saying then this whole playing a season is a huge waste of time. We can just look at preseason Ranks and go straight to the championship game!!
AU I the only other team on their schedule that has a chance, barring a Marshall tye plane cash. If AU wins, more than likely A&M or AU will represent the west.

Point spread is not in the committee's parameters. They are tasked to choose the best, nothing more or less. The reason the season is played is to determine that. This can't be determined without seeing a variety of games, how personnel play,...before the season we would have THOUGHT Indiana was going to be a good team. After watching them, we know that to be false

We have seen nothing that says bama is the best. Texas am must be the best then.

Best is only measurable by what takes place on the field. Any notion of "best" beyond what is measurable is not empirically supportable. To make the claim of who is "best" independent of empirical findings is to engage in pure fiction, imagination, it's to satisfy biases, to reawaken predetermined notions or to dangle an imaginary concept above actual results, thus allowing people to make claims that exist in complete contrast to what takes place on the field. All we have is our perception of who is best, that is the only thing that has any epistemic merit because it's based on what we've seen take place on the field. Right now, the best teams are: 1) Georgia, 2) Cincinnati, 3) Michigan State, 4) Oklahoma. Those teams have not lost.

How tf does anyone look better than anyone else when they only play games where how they look is only possible to evaluate relative to their opponent.

we should never have 2 teams from same conf. If you can’t win conf you can’t be best in the country. Conf schedule and championship is supposed to be designed to tell us who the best in that region is on the field, not on paper. Then the conf champs play to determine who the best in county is. This should all be Real simple

Dunno why they want to make it so difficult. Win conf, play other conf champs. We see who best really is, not who we think it may be from our expert eyes!

we should never have 2 teams from same conf. If you can’t win conf you can’t be best in the country. Conf schedule and championship is supposed to be designed to tell us who the best in that region is on the field, not on paper. Then the conf champs play to determine who the best in county is. This should all be Real simple
Do you copy and paste this shit, or waste your time retyping it?

Best is only measurable by what takes place on the field. Any notion of "best" beyond what is measurable is not empirically supportable. To make the claim of who is "best" independent of empirical findings is to engage in pure fiction, imagination, it's to satisfy biases, to reawaken predetermined notions or to dangle an imaginary concept above actual results, thus allowing people to make claims that exist in complete contrast to what takes place on the field. All we have is our perception of who is best, that is the only thing that has any epistemic merit because it's based on what we've seen take place on the field. Right now, the best teams are: 1) Georgia, 2) Cincinnati, 3) Michigan State, 4) Oklahoma. Those teams have not lost.

That the problem with 4. Wake should be right there also, I felt bad leaving them off when I said these exact 4. But season not finished yet. Bama will get their chance to prove it against Uga, I can’t stand the loser of that game potentially stays in!! Makes no sense. Osu has a chance to prove it. Just dunno why we are supposed to assume things and put them in spots before they have earned it? Seems like a easy concept but apparently I’m missing something. Guess it the fact I know I’m not qualified to pick the “best” out of thin air and I know the committee nor anyone else can do it either. If we could we would all be hitting 100% our plays instead of fighting to stay above 50!!

Earning it on the field is BS. I guess that's the approach you have to take to support the current CFP rankings

Where do Cal and UCLA teams that almost beat Oregon and Stanford who did compare with Houston and SMU? Houston and SMU def ahead right?
Ahead of Cal. Very close to even with UCLA. Sagarin has SMU ranked no. 39, UCLA at 40 and UH at 41. Cal is at #63, though only three points worse per Sagarin.

That the problem with 4. Wake should be right there also, I felt bad leaving them off when I said these exact 4. But season not finished yet. Bama will get their chance to prove it against Uga, I can’t stand the loser of that game potentially stays in!! Makes no sense. Osu has a chance to prove it. Just dunno why we are supposed to assume things and put them in spots before they have earned it? Seems like a easy concept but apparently I’m missing something. Guess it the fact I know I’m not qualified to pick the “best” out of thin air and I know the committee nor anyone else can do it either. If we could we would all be hitting 100% our plays instead of fighting to stay above 50!!
Wake is going to lose two or three times, so we won't have to worry about that.

I answered it. Neither BAMA or A&M are the best.

Yeah you didn't answer Bank's underlying point. You say that what happens on the field both matters (post 163) and doesn't matter (you say: it doesn't matter if Cincy "deserves it"). Logic be damned, though, as you say.

Yeah you didn't answer Bank's underlying point. You say that what happens on the field both matters (post 163) and doesn't matter (you say: it doesn't matter if Cincy "deserves it"). Logic be damned, though, as you say.
VC, you seem to think that life is fair. I suppose once you finish school and actually have to experience life without a campus, you'll realize this is empirically false. So if you think Cincy is one of the 4 BEST teams in the nation, then there is no need to respond. You will not be able to convince me otherwise, and I really don't care to debate with someone that is arguing for the sake of arguing. You've been around long enough to KNOW the rules, but want to cater them to your feelings. Bad news brother. Nobody, including myself, gives 0 fucks abut your feelings. Life is not fair. This will be my last post on this thread, as it is simply like talking to a brick wall. Knowing the parameters and seeking to make them work as you want them just isn't going to happen. If I lined the Bearcats on the field against all the teams causing you butthurt and was asked to choose a ML winner for the sake of my life, I would NOT choose Cincy over any of them.

You are correct sir. When people begin to stomach the fact that this is an invitational and not a true playoff and that unless your team is a big draw, you don't have a chance in hell of ever seeing a playoff game they will be much better off.

I could absolutely see Sparty beating Penn State, but there‘s no way in Hell they keep up with Ohio State. Stroud will pass all over that secondary

Back