2021 CFP Discussion

It does mean something today because teams are effected by the rank of teams they play, beat, or lose to. That why it bull shit they rank a team like messy state who lost at freaking Memphis, doing so is just their dirty trick so they can then point to sos, when they the ones creating it! Yet teams like smu, houston, and utsa who are all ranked in coaches and ap don’t get ranked so they can say cincy doesn’t play anyone.
I wonder what % of cfb fans is intelligent enough to perceive this? I‘m guessing they don‘t expect most cfb fans to be as bright as you Banky

I wonder what % of cfb fans is intelligent enough to perceive this? I‘m guessing they don‘t expect most cfb fans to be as bright as you Banky
Guess you'd be surprised that preseason polls are despised and discussed every year among fans because of that very fact. Teams' strengths of schedule have a blueprint made before one ball is even snapped

Ive heard a bunch of times how smu losing to houston hurts cincy which is so bogus. 1st off houston is a good team also, I dunno why losing to them diminishes how good a win beating smu would be? Sec teams lose to each other (and aac Memphis!) and it doesn’t diminish their rank by the committee. The hypocrisy is incredibly blatant.

Lol. I dunno bout all that. It don’t take a rocket scientist to see what they do. I really don’t know why I even care? It not like I have a team or give a shit who wins other than who I bet. Injustice just annoys me I guess.

Ive heard a bunch of times how smu losing to houston hurts cincy which is so bogus. 1st off houston is a good team also, I dunno why losing to them diminishes how good a win beating smu would be? Sec teams lose to each other (and aac Memphis!) and it doesn’t diminish their rank by the committee. The hypocrisy is incredibly blatant.
Where do Cal and UCLA teams that almost beat Oregon and Stanford who did compare with Houston and SMU? Houston and SMU def ahead right?

I hate when fans equivocate on the meaning of „good“ and try to say Notre Dame sucks. Like yeah they‘re not Georgia but beating them at home is solid. Ohio State was not a good team in week 2, not until after the Tulsa game

either! Where do Cal and UCLA teams that almost beat Oregon and Stanford who did compare with Houston and SMU? Houston and SMU def ahead right?

I would think so, byu and fresno have both shown how the pac12 is no more challenging than MW for sure, maybe not AAC either!

You know they preying ducks lose cause they in a bind with them, there no doubt in my mind they wanted to put osu ahead of them but then this process looks really stupid. I still think when all said and done they might do it if/when osu beats the Michigan’s and wins big10. They will prob wait it out and hope ducks lose but if they don’t that last ranking will all a sudden have osu aHead then we will hear the lip service bout how it a whole new evaluation eaxh week!

I hate when fans equivocate on the meaning of „good“ and try to say Notre Dame sucks. Like yeah they‘re not Georgia but beating them at home is solid. Ohio State was not a good team in week 2, not until after the Tulsa game

They ranked 10 by the committee who clearly expert evaluators. According to their own rankings cincy has a better win than bama! Guess they must have a worse loss to be ranked 4 spots behind them? Hmm. Who did cincy lose to?

like they did in the bowl game last year? lol.. uga prob destroy everyone this year so i cant stand the argument cincy would get destroyed, who goes in at 4 that wont be large underdogs to uga?
I’m with you. Let’s run the game. Should be a good one

More interested in this year
I get it but getting fucked two years in a row should sting you for even your worst enemy

Just odd you'd want to see a G5 team finally get in and get waxed when they've shown they belong, guess they won't be G5 much longer but still

Last edited:
More interested in this year

Why does it matter Uga prob smash cincy? They prob smash every 4. more importantly is id happily take cincy vs any the teams they gonna put 4 instead of them besides Ohio st and bama, but again better doesn’t mean they earned a spot, this whole idea that any of us and especially the committee are qualified to pick “better” over earned is redic. I’m not saying that bama and osu shouldn’t be in if they win their conf, I’d put the winner of the sec and big10 in every year, I just don’t think they should get more than 1 team. I’ll never understand how a team who doesn’t win conf can then somehow be deemed the national champ? If you not best team in your conf by definition you can’t be best team in the country!!!

I’m with you. Let’s run the game. Should be a good one

I doubt it. I think Uga defense is on the same level as lsu offense few years back, in the historically good category. I doubt cincy score much, don’t think Uga would score a bunch but probably wear cincy down if d out there all game.

I guess I’m saying we go through this every year. It’s the 1st release. It’s fun, we always have the same guys fighting the fronts. But this typically works itself out.

I have no issue letting a G5 team in. I’d LOVE to see em beat one of the big boys….and I know they can only play who is in front of em and Cinci played Indiana and ND.

I wouldn’t care either way. It’s just a really mid year….

I doubt it. I think Uga defense is on the same level as lsu offense few years back, in the historically good category. I doubt cincy score much, don’t think Uga would score a bunch but probably wear cincy down if d out there all game.
I was being funny lol

I was being funny lol

Yea because you don’t give cincy the respect they deserve. I doubt Uga would have a easy time with cincy d. Dawgs d is too good for every team not just the Bearcats. You think ducks would score on them? I don’t.

Nice consolation prize, GameDay is in Cincinnati. I am sure that had nothing to do with the committee's decision, but it sure does attempt to help ratings now they can feed off the crowds anger. I'd laugh my ass off if the fans said FU ESPN and pulled a no show. And before we get the ESPN has nothing to do with any of this, they are in the SECs pocket and tout the heck out of that league....and own the rights to the committee.

Yea because you don’t give cincy the respect they deserve. I doubt Uga would have a easy time with cincy d. Dawgs d is too good for every team not just the Bearcats. You think ducks would score on them? I don’t.
Probably not much. Who do I think could?

You gonna hate the answers….

Probably not much. Who do I think could?

You gonna hate the answers….

I know the answer. Potentially bama or osu. That Bout it. I have nothing against either one of them. Ive said 100x if they win sec or big10 I would have them in. Just would like for them to earn it before it handed to them.

I don’t know if offenses like wake or pitt could potentially score some points maybe? I dunno if wake oline could hold up? Pit oline pretty good so maybe they could.

I know the answer. Potentially bama or osu. That Bout it. I have nothing against either one of them. Ive said 100x if they win sec or big10 I would have them in. Just would like for them to earn it before it handed to them.

I don’t know if offenses like wake or pitt could potentially score some points maybe? I dunno if wake oline could hold up? Pit oline pretty good so maybe they could.
That’s the 2 correct

That’s the 2 correct

Those are prob the best 3 teams in the country. I don’t argue that for a second. Doesn’t mean bama has earned the 2 seed at this point. Or that osu season up till now should have them ahead of cincy. End of year I wouldn’t be outraged by either them in the top 4 if they win conf. Big10 and sec champ should be in playoff every year. They shouldn’t get 2 teams tho. I think cincy case is much stronger for being in ahead of pac12, big12, acc champ.

Those are prob the best 3 teams in the country. I don’t argue that for a second. Doesn’t mean bama has earned the 2 seed at this point. Or that osu season up till now should have them ahead of cincy. End of year I wouldn’t be outraged by either them in the top 4 if they win conf. Big10 and sec champ should be in playoff every year. They shouldn’t get 2 teams tho. I think cincy case is much stronger for being in ahead of pac12, big12, acc champ.
If the season ended today and you had to choose the 4 BEST teams in the country, who do you take?

If the season ended today and you had to choose the 4 BEST teams in the country, who do you take?
BEST is arbitrary and opinion

As he's repeatedly said, why play the regular season if we're just going to ignore results because we THINK team A is better than team B? We're all wrong an awful lot.

I almost agree with all this

...and not worried about anything that might happen in the future. Who are the 4 BEST teams today?
Also this line of thinking ruins the mere concept of sport, of competition

The BEST teams will always be the same teams who can recruit the same BEST athletes and that has no business in college athletics

Also this line of thinking ruins the mere concept of sport, of competition

The BEST teams will always be the same teams who can recruit the same BEST athletes and that has no business in college athletics
But it is the job of the committee

How? Cop out is thinking Ohio State is better than Oregon or Alabama is better than Texas A&M

There's actual proof they aren't

Stupid system, boring system unless you're fans of those teams. Then yay you!
You simply need to answer the question. What are the 4 BEST teams in the nation? We are going to pretend you represent the entire committee, and your job I to pick the 4 BEST teams in the nation.

You simply need to answer the question. What are the 4 BEST teams in the nation? We are going to pretend you represent the entire committee, and your job I to pick the 4 BEST teams in the nation.
OR let's just do this in every sport going forward. Pros too. Records don't matter.

OR let's just do this in every sport going forward. Pros too. Records don't matter.
KJ, love ya brother. But your refusal to answer leads me to think you wouldn't change anything. If that is the case, then why is thete 3 pages of arguing BS that does not matter. There s still 5+ weeks left. No need in getting bent out of shape over this initial poll.

Best not the same as who has earned it. I don’t want to choose today cause I need to see who wins conferences! The season should matter is my whole point. If it ended today bama shouldn’t be in, but impossible for me to say today cause team like sooners havnt done anything to not be in but they havnt played many good teams yet!! Their seasons not complete!! Bama still has in front of them what will earn them a spot. If I pick who has earned it so far it would be punishing the teams who toughest part of schedule hasn’t been played yet. Who shoulda been in top 4 this week isn’t exactly who I think should or will be in playoff.

KJ, love ya brother. But your refusal to answer leads me to think you wouldn't change anything. If that is the case, then why is thete 3 pages of arguing BS that does not matter. There s still 5+ weeks left. No need in getting bent out of shape over this initial poll.
I would have UTSA in there

Best not the same as who has earned it. I don’t want to choose today cause I need to see who wins conferences! The season should matter is my whole point. If it ended today bama shouldn’t be in, but impossible for me to say today cause team like sooners havnt done anything to not be in but they havnt played many good teams yet!! Their seasons not complete!! Bama still has in front of them what will earn them a spot. If I pick who has earned it so far it would be punishing the teams who toughest part of schedule hasn’t been played yet. Who shoulda been in top 4 this week isn’t exactly who I think should or will be in playoff.
It is the committee's JOB to pick the 4 BEST teams.

Then why have you wasted countess post on thus. That time could have been used capping games so I could tail and are some money. Don't make me go Wayne Brady on yo a$$

Best and earned not the same. I’ll happily tell you who the 4 should have been this week but that doesn’t mean I think that should be playoff. Uga, cincy, sparty, sooners.

2 of the best teams in the same conf so only one of them should have a chance to win national championship cause I think you should have to win conf to be considered best in county

I'm curious, is the 4 best team thing actually in the NCAA rule book or is that just something they made hip by jamming it down our throats a long time ago to justify someone being there that doesn't deserve to be?

Back