2020 Texas Rangers entire season thread

we held a 3-1 lead heading into the bottom of the 6th and then the D’Backs exploded for 6 runs and we lose 7-3 our record now stands at 19-37
Benjamin threw 5.0 innings gave up 7 hits 3 runs all of them earned walked 1 struck out 3 and gave up a solo HR
Goody was terrible he went 0.1 gave up 3 hits 3 runs all of them earned and gave up a 2 run blast
Tejeda drove in one run while going 1-4
Kiner-Falefa drove in 2 runs while going 1-4
Gallo went 0-4 now batting .175
we struck out 8 times went 1-7 with RISP and left 5 on base
we have now lost 3 in a row our run differential is -90

we have only one thing to look forward too still our PA announcer Chuck “it’s baseball time again in Texas” Morgan will have worked his 3,000th consecutive home game on Saturday night

Astros hit 4 HR’s three of them off of Lynn as we get crushed again 12-4 our record now stands at 19-38
Lynn went 5.2 innings gave up 12 hits 10 runs 9 of them earned walked 2 struck out 5 and gave up 3 HR’s Springer,Bergman,Altuve
this was Lynn’s career worst start 10 runs & a career high tying 12 hits
Calhoun went 2/3 driving in 3 he hit his 1st HR a two run shot
Odor went 0-3 now batting .157 drove in our other run
Gallo 0-4 batting .171
struck out 9 times went 2-12 with RISP and left 6 on base

two positives Tavares will be our lead off hitter next year, needs work in the offseason and only 3 games left to this disastrous “effort”

our win % is currently .339 which is the worst in clubs history, we were .351 in 1972 54-100

Cody gets the ball tonight

trailing 4-3 heading to the bottom of the tenth, we somehow rallied to score two runs and win 5-4 our record now stands at 20-38 BTW it was our first walkoff win of this season
Cody threw 5.0 innings giving up 3 hits 1 run which was earned walked 3 struck out 1
Sam Huff our catcher of the future hit 2 HR’s
Huff’s 2 HR’s were the first multi-HR game by a Ranger since Willie Calhoun on 9/22/2019
Solak, Gallo & Guzman each drove in 1 run
Guzman hit his 4th HR a solo shot
Huff went 3-4 hitting his 2nd & 3rd HR’s both solo shots
Odor the total waste of a roster spot went 0-4 now batting .153
we struck out 7 times went 0-4 with RISP and left 8 on base

Gibson gets the ball tonight

good pitching & a offensive outburst in the bottom of the seventh and we win 6-1 our record now stands at 21-38
Gibson threw 6.0 innings giving up 6 hits no runs walked 1 struck out 4
Mathis went 1-4 his only hit a 3 run HR his third of the season he’s batting .161
Tavares,Solak & Odor each drove in one run
Tavares hit his 4th HR a solo shot as he and Mathis went back to back
Gallo went 2-4 bolstering his avg to .180
Solak went 3-3 batting .267
we struck out 15 times, yes 15 we went 3-6 with RISP and left 7 on base

final game today & it looks like Choo-Choo’s last one as a Ranger, he’s played 7 seasons for us and played hard every game
I do feel he’s got one or two years still left in him, he still wants to play
very few bright spots in this pandemic season, many many moves needed in this offseason
going to hard to get fans excited for next year with this current team

Lyles gets the ball today

we scored 5 in the bottom of the 4th and we go on to win 8-4 ending our season with a record of 22-38
Lyles threw 3.0 innings giving up 4 hits 2 runs both of them earned walked 2 struck out 5 and of course gave up a HR
we then used 6 pitchers to hold on to our lead, ended the season with a three game win streak which is absolutely meaningless
Choo in his only plate appearance hustled out a bunt base hit, most likely his last AB as a Ranger
Tavares went 2-5 driving in 2
Huff went 1-3 driving in 1
Odor went 2-3 driving in 4 both his hits were HR’s ended the season with a .167 BA, IMO there’s no way he can come back next season as the starting second baseman, yes he’s owed big money but he’s a complete head case hopefully someone wants him and we trade him and eat half his remaining salary

it’s very hard to say much too look forward to next season, most likely Lynn will be traded we have no “face” of the team
fans will come out early just to see the new ballpark but with a 100 loss season on the horizon even the stadium won’t keep them coming all year long
Jon Daniels is too blame for 70% of our failures but ownership refuses to sign a big FA
does Woody deserve to stay on? I say nope this team’s veterans quit on him, the kids played hard but they aren’t ready just quite yet

thankfully it was only 60 games to talk about for me this year, it’s been my third year doing this
I appreciate the comments and I know next year will be painful but I’ll be back doing this again
enjoy the playoffs and if anything major happens with the team I’ll announce it
stay healthy & safe

yesterday went exactly as I said Daniels said & I quote “no quick fixes, hopeful in one or two years core of young players to be serious contenders”
“this winter not the time to headlong into free agency”

Elvis & Odor must earn their starting positions they are both signed through the 2022 season
Elvis $28.5 million
Odor $27.7 million

Lynn is our only valuable “poker chip”
Gallo a FA after 2022 season I’m all for getting rid of him

Kiner-Falefa was named our player of the year
Lynn our pitcher of the year
Johnathan Hernandez RHP our rookie of the year

on a good note I’ll be in Globe Life for all the games played throughout the playoffs doing work for MLB

most of the dust has settled in and the final numbers were putrid, we were last in the AL in these following categories
BA .217
on base percentage .285
slugging percentage .364
runs scored 224

we won’t be competitive next season most likely will lose 100 games unless a few major trades or accusations
Mr Davis (majority owner) wants the youth movement and is willing to continue to lose for the next one or two or three seasons
not sure the fans are on the same page with him and Jon
it appears that Woody & all the coaching staff are all coming back next season

I head to Texas today to watch all the games that will be played at Globe Life & will get a complete tour on Wednesday

I like how owner likes to build thru youth......gotta suck for like 1-2 years.....you don’t wanna suck for like 1-10 years with some youth and then sign these big azz contracts on old free agents that don’t pan out ( Angels ).....

yesterday pitching coach Julio Rangel was told his contract won’t be renewed & catching coach Hector Ortiz won’t be back either
but Hector was offered a job in their minor league system
Rangel worked for us for two years, I think Daniels wanted to blame someone for this year and Julio was “that guy”
meanwhile Odor and others can’t hit a beach ball into the ocean....

for being such a crappy team we at least get the second pick in the draft, Pirates get the first

we have 6 players who will become FA’s five days after the World Series ends
Choo-Choo
Jeff Mathis
Derek Dietrich
Jesse Chavez
Volquez
Andrew Romine

no way we will pick up Kluber’s $18 million option, might try and get him on the cheap for $5-$6 million

we should lock down Lynn to a 4 year extension & trade Gallo before he’s totally untraceable

BTW the stadium is unbelievable, many health protocols in place but it’s much nicer than I expected

got back home today, I rooted for the Rays they just couldn’t hit in the clutch
the Stadium got great reviews, too bad 2021’s team as it stands today won’t be competitive

we have dual pitching coaches for next year
Doug Mathis & Brendan Sagara

Mathis will be in the dugout next to Woody & Sagara will be in the bullpen
Mathis will be in charge of Spring training
Sagara will look over off season pitching programs

our 40 man roster stands at 39
we have 5 on the 60 day IL
Palumbo
Burke
Volquez
Leclerc
Kluber