2020 Texas Rangers entire season thread

not only did we lose the game 5-2 we might have lost Kluber after only 18 pitches
Palumbo threw 2 innings gave up 3 hits 3 runs all of them earned walked 1 struck out 4 and gave up a 2 run jack to Story he took the loss
Gallo hit his first HR of the season a solo shot
Solak went 2/4 driving in our other run
we struck out 8 more times, went 2-4 with RISP and left 4 on base

our offense stunk, we scored only 5 runs in three games
we are off tomorrow, the D’Backs come to town on Tuesday for a two game series off again Thursday as we fly to San Francisco

I hope to be 2-1 after this series, our bats need to wake up soon....

race to 1 like soccer in the upcoming series

enjoying your war against striking out, but i would think less than 10k's per game is about average

bad news for us Kluber has a grade 2 tear of the teres major muscle in his right shoulder
surgery isn’t planned currently, can’t throw for a minimum of four weeks

Kyle Gibson will make his Rangers' debut tonight, he won 13 games for the Twins in last year
his only start against the D-backs came in 2014 when he held them to one run over seven innings in a 6-3 win
Diamondbacks have been outscored a combined 21-9 in their first four games

we dropped our third in a row, as the D’Backs beat us 4-1 our record is now 1-3
game was over in the top of the first as Kiner-Falefa committed a throwing error which led to 3 unearned runs, our defense has been shoddy & our offense has been putrid
Gibson threw 5 innings giving up 5 hits 3 runs none of those earned walked 3 struck out 4 throwing 93 pitches 55 of them for strikes
Odor hit his first dinger of the year & our only run
we struck out 11 times went 0-3 with RISP and left 3 on base
Choo-Choo is off to an awful start batting .077
Santana is at .059 he’s 1-17 with 8 strikeouts
Frazier .091
we were no hit for 6.1 innings, it’s the second time in four games we were no hit through 5 innings

we have scored only 6 runs in 4 games, something must give soon or the season could be over after two weeks
a must win today as we have Lynn (1-0) starting for us

thanks to a five run eighth inning we won 7-4 our record now stands at 2-3
Lynn pitched brilliantly allowing only one hit through six innings, walking two striking out 8
Chavez & Hernandez both were crap each gave up two runs through their one inning pitched
Goody picked up his first save throwing one inning
ToddFather had a big game going 3/4 hitting his first HR a solo shot
Gallo hit his second of the year a two run shot
Elvis got the big hit with a bases loaded single that drove in two runs
We struck out seven more times, went 3-12 with RISP and left 9 on base

we are off again today as we head to San Fransico, tomorrow Minor takes the mound for a three game series against the Giants

Yesterday's see-saw win could be the TSN Turning Point (as we call it up here north of the 49th) for the season.

I expect nothing less than a sweep out in the Bay this weekend....man-cave fridge is loaded with Tito's Handmade and Blue Bell ice cream..the 7 ads they have on the radio feed have worked on me over the years ;)

our pen took a big hit Leclerc is done for the year, he’s got the same injury as Kluber
we called up Jimmy Herget
Montero is a week away
Greg Bird is back with the team & Guzman was sent down

we desperately need to win at least 2 in San Fran
but we are 5-15 in regular season games there
& two losses in the 2010 world series

we got thumped losing 9-2 our record now stands at 2-4
Minor threw 5.2 innings giving up 9 hits 6 runs all 6 runs earned walked 2 struck out 3 and gave up a three run HR to Flores in the fifth inning
Farrell had a rough outing as well he threw 1 inning and gave up 3 earned runs
Choo-Choo hit his first dinger of the year a solo shot
Gallo knocked one our other run
we struck out 11 times went 1-8 with RISP and left 10 on base

tonight we have Lyles on the hill

we got thumped again losing 7-3 dropping our record to 2-5
Lyles wasn’t any good throwing 78 pitches in only 4 innings giving up 3 hits 4 runs all which were earned walked 5 and struck out 1
we went 1-7 with RISP and left 6 on base
Frazier knocked in 2 & Heineman hit his first HR of the season a solo shot
we aren’t hitting as a team last nights lineup didn’t have a player hitting more than .240
today’s game is a must win, Allard gets the start I hope we get 5 good innings from him
I hope

Choo-Choo & Gallo pound homers as we salvage one game from the Giants winning 9-5 our record stands at 3-5
Allard pitched 4 innings he gave up only 2 hits 1 run which was earned walked 2 struck out 3
Hernandez got the W as he pitched 2 innings giving up no hits he walked 1 and struck out 4
Choo-Choo was back in the lead off spot he went 1-4 but his only hit was a two run blast his second of the year
Gallo hit a three run bomb his third of the season & he went 3/4 on the day he’s now batting .310 which is shocking
Calhoun and Mathis each knocked in one run
Heineman knocked in two
we only struck out three times as a team, we went 3-6 with RISP and left 7 on base
we are off today as we head to Oakland for a three game set, then we head home to face the Angels for a weekend series

a disappointing weekend dropping 2/3 this week will tell us just what this team is made of 6 games vs division foes

a really brutal loss, Piscotty hits a walk off grand slam off of Chavez as we lose 5-1 dropping our record to 3-6
Lynn pitched 6.1 innings allowing only 3 hits 1 run which was earned walked 3 struck out 7 and gave up a solo shot to Chapman
Volquez wasn’t good at all he pitched 0.1 giving up 1 hit walked 2 and was charged with 3 runs all earned
Chavez pitched only to Piscotty and he drilled a pitch to dead center
our offense was offensive yet again, we only mustered 5 hits the entire game
Frazier knocked in our only run
we struck out 9 times went 0-1 with RISP and left 4 on base
Gibson (0-1) takes the hill for us tonight

In fairness to ya’ll offense that kid Luzardo oak threw yesterday is a stud in the making, I was bummed they pulled him after 5 cause he was only on 75ish pitches.

Rangers offense should break out a little tonight, Manaea has something wrong imo, his velo down and he just don’t look good to me. I been fading him every start and love the price to be on rangers tonight! My only concern is Gibson, I havnt seen him in some time but can’t imagine he much different than the guy I’ve seen in past. Decent back the rotation starter. His velo appeared solid in his 1st start, he seems to be getting lot of ground balls, how did he look?? He has had pretty good success vs this A’s lineup last few years.

Is the bullpen advantage for oak enough that the FF is worth considering opposed to game?

we were ahead 4-3 heading into the bottom of the seventh & then Gibaut gave up a two run bomb
went on to lose 6-4 dropping our record to 3-7
our pitching staff gave up four HR’s
Gibson threw six innings allowing four hits three runs all of them earned walked two struck out nine but gave up two HR’s
Choo-Choo went 1-4 hit only hit was a solo HR his third he’s batting .160
Solak,Kiner-Falefa & Refsnyder all drove in one run
we struck out 13 times Gallo had the golden sombrero (0-4 all K’s) went 2-4 with RISP and left 4 on base
this afternoon’s game is our second must win game of this brief season Minor (0-2 5.91) takes to the hill

I thought Gibson was about as good as ya can ask out of him, he def pitched well enough to win. As I was saying Manaea def looks like something wrong w him and rangers ran him from game pretty quick but then A’s pen shut them down for 5+ innings!! Was happy I only bet Ff and really thought bout live betting oak cause once that turns into a pen game they have a huge adv over rangers.

Considering Texas FF again today but curious how minor has looked cause I havnt seen him this year. His peripherals look much better than the surface stats but I do worry bout slight drop in velo, hopefully like several others it just taking him little longer to get stretched out. On the other side Friars velo way down and bunch of rangers have hit some bombs off him so think they can get to him before the pen comes in and shuts the door. A’s pen been logging a lot of innings this series so maybe this the day they crack? Considering both starters velo down and the pen work I’m thinking over probably a good play also.

(Sorry, my cardinals not playing so need another team to talk about! Lol).

tough call on first 5 Minor has been just ok.... I feel a big break out today TT over seems like the way to bet this one

I thought Gibson was about as good as ya can ask out of him, he def pitched well enough to win. As I was saying Manaea def looks like something wrong w him and rangers ran him from game pretty quick but then A’s pen shut them down for 5+ innings!! Was happy I only bet Ff and really thought bout live betting oak cause once that turns into a pen game they have a huge adv over rangers.

Considering Texas FF again today but curious how minor has looked cause I havnt seen him this year. His peripherals look much better than the surface stats but I do worry bout slight drop in velo, hopefully like several others it just taking him little longer to get stretched out. On the other side Friars velo way down and bunch of rangers have hit some bombs off him so think they can get to him before the pen comes in and shuts the door. A’s pen been logging a lot of innings this series so maybe this the day they crack? Considering both starters velo down and the pen work I’m thinking over probably a good play also.

(Sorry, my cardinals not playing so need another team to talk about! Lol).

Minor (0-3) had nothing again as we lose 6-4 dropping our record to 3-8
he threw 83 pitches over 5 innings giving up 4 hits 5 runs all of them earned, walked 2 struck out 6 gave up a solo HR to Chapman
Frazier went 2/4 one of his hits was his 3rd HR a solo shot
Tejeda hit his first HR a 2 run shot he ended up 2/4 driving in 3 runs
Tejeda made his MLB debut he was in single A last three years
we struck out 5 times went 2-13 with RISP and left 8 on base

our season could be over if we don’t win 2/3 from the Angels, it’s time to shit or get off the pot....

a must needed win last night as we beat the Angels 4-3 bringing our record to 4-8
Lyles threw 5.1 innings giving up 6 hits 3 runs all of them earned walked 2 struck out 5 and gave up a 2 run bomb hit by Trout
our pen threw 3.2 innings of shut out ball and Montero just off the IL recorded his first save
Gallo didn’t play due to a sore right wrist, he might be back today
Solak drove in one
Chirinos drove in two
as a team we only mustered 5 hits the entire game
went 1-10 with RISP and left 7 on base, Angels played sloppy as they made 3 errors, we struck out 8 times

woody spoke to the team prior to the game and the pen stepped up, our offense is still a shit show

Allard will give us 5 very solid innings & it will be up to the pen to win or lose this game

as I predicted Allard gave us 5 excellent innings & our pen did it’s job as we win 2-0 our record now stands at 5-8
Allards stats were 5 innings gave up 2 hits no runs walked 1 and struck out 6
Montero got his second save in as many days
Gallo was the hero hitting a 2 run HR his 4th of the season
we only had 4 hits in the entire game, in two games vs the Angels we only have 9 hits yet won both games
went 0-3 with RISP and left 3 on base

Odor went 0-3 and is now batting .097
Elvis went 0-4 batting .163

we go for the sweep today with our ace on the hill
Lynn (1-0 0.49) if we can hit we will this game rather easily

Lance Lynn picked up his 100th victory as we sweep the Angels, today we won 7-3 bringing our record to 6-8
Lynn threw 5 innings giving up 4 hits 2 runs both earned walked 3 struck out 6 he gave up a two run HR to LaStella
our pen threw 4 more innings giving up only 1 run
Choo-Choo went 1-4 knocking in 2
Odor, Elvis & Kiner-Falefa each knocked in one run
we struck out 11 times went 3-9 with RISP and left 4 on base
tomorrow night we start a three game set vs the Mariners
Gibson takes the hill

we got destroyed by the Mariners losing 10-2 dropping our record to 6-9
Seager’s grand slam in the sixth was the nail in the coffin
Gibson took the loss throwing only 4.1 innings giving up 9 hits 4 runs all of them earned walked 1 struck out 2 he also gave up a 3 run HR to Lewis in the fifth inning
Herget gave up Seager’s grand slam
Calhoun went 2-4 driving in our only runs for the night
we struck out only 5 times but went 1-9 with RISP and left 10 on base

Minor (0-3 6.89) goes to the hill tonight, let’s see what he’s got if anything

we played the game with the roof opened for the first time & well it didn’t work to our advantage that’s for sure....

we got destroyed by the Mariners losing 10-2 dropping our record to 6-9
Seager’s grand slam in the sixth was the nail in the coffin
Gibson took the loss throwing only 4.1 innings giving up 9 hits 4 runs all of them earned walked 1 struck out 2 he also gave up a 3 run HR to Lewis in the fifth inning
Herget gave up Seager’s grand slam
Calhoun went 2-4 driving in our only runs for the night
we struck out only 5 times but went 1-9 with RISP and left 10 on base

Minor (0-3 6.89) goes to the hill tonight, let’s see what he’s got if anything

we played the game with the roof opened for the first time & well it didn’t work to our advantage that’s for sure....

what’s going on with Minor? I always thought he had good stuff. Just off to a bad start?