2020 Masters

First of all, the big thing nowadays at the Masters is finding value on these big guns. This major, more than any other is priced towards that 20 or so guys that can actually win it. I have said this for a few years now, but BOOKMAKER is such a value book for golf, especially outrights.

Lets look at some current numbers as we are less than a week from the ceremonial tee shots!

Bryson 800
Rory 1116
Rahm 1201
Dustin 1016
Justin 1216
Tiger 3260
Brooks 2055
Cantlay 2456
Xander 1489
Rose 5850
Fleetwood 4095
Deki 3170
Finau 3768
Scott 3768
Fowler 4550
JDay 3050
Reed 2959
Bubba 3062
Webb 3767
Louis 6015
Casey 5250
Wolff 3688

It is worth the extra value to sign up at Bookmaker for Golf, click here to check for yourself.

Obviously, this is a November Masters and the weather will be different than in the spring. Tiger mentioned that when he played here years back this time of year the wins being from different directions lengthened the course quite a bit. He mentioned 3-wood into 18 (seems dramatic, but who knows). Now, with all that being said...I am looking at the 10 day forecast for Augusta and I see...

Thurs 82/69
Friday 81/66
Saturday 79/63
Sunday 76/58

But, that is showing 30-60% chance of showers and storms each day. We are a long way out...but the temps look to be better than what many feared (yeah, down south they fear it being like 68 degrees)

The terrain could play different? We shall see. Practice rounds will be crucial to pay attention to.

As always at Augusta...course knowledge.. missing in the right spots and putting are crucial...

I'll be looking at who played in October a fair amount to get ready.

I'll also look for strong summer into fall golfers (looking at you JT).

Okay, that is my quick primer...lets get capping!

Was waiting for one of these articles to drop. Weather or not, this course is made for him.

If his irons are dialed in and short game anywhere near what it was at the Open, i would be shocked if hes not in the top 5 heading into the back 9.

Bryson has not had a lot of success yet at Augusta. Obviously this is his first time around with going to hulk mode. My gut tells me these greens are a complete mind fuck for him. I’m not planning to fade him but I can’t see taking him as the favorite.... I’m jacked up for this event! Can’t wait for the tournament match ups to come out... looking forward to seeing everyone’s thoughts and how they plan to wager...

@ ProV1colt I didn’t want to spam the weekly pick thread but saw your comment on the picture. Her name is Muni He out of USC. I hope she makes it on the lpga... she is definitely easy on the eyes...

Bryson has not had a lot of success yet at Augusta. Obviously this is his first time around with going to hulk mode. My gut tells me these greens are a complete mind fuck for him. I’m not planning to fade him but I can’t see taking him as the favorite.... I’m jacked up for this event! Can’t wait for the tournament match ups to come out... looking forward to seeing everyone’s thoughts and how they plan to wager...

@ ProV1colt I didn’t want to spam the weekly pick thread but saw your comment on the picture. Her name is Muni He out of USC. I hope she makes it on the lpga... she is definitely easy on the eyes...
No green reading books allowed there, probably the biggest reason for his struggles. Augusta much more of a "feel" course than most with all the slopes in the fairway, etc. Probably why some guys just always seem to play well there, whether their form is good or not. That being said, it will be fascinating to see what Bryson does this week

Last edited:
If any of you are into podcasts, the No Laying Up Pod had Marc Leishman's caddy on last week and they basically went hole by hole from his old yardage books talking strategy. Not really relevant to gambling, but was very interesting. They also asked the question on what the caddy thought Bryson would do on every hole.

If any of you are into podcasts, the No Laying Up Pod had Marc Leishman's caddy on last week and they basically went hole by hole from his old yardage books talking strategy. Not really relevant to gambling, but was very interesting. They also asked the question on what the caddy thought Bryson would do on every hole.
Will check it out. Thx.

Excerpt from Pinny's Masters Tourney Preview:

A recent reasonable barometer of potential Masters success is strong driving ability. Every winner since 2008 has been in the top 35% on that year’s PGA Tour for average distance to the apex from their opening drive, and four of the last eight ranked in the top 20 for this statistic. Notably, DeChambeau and McIlroy presently rank first and third respectively on the current tour for this metric.

Furthermore, Masters winners tend to be at, or just have surpassed. the halfway point of their career, partially because the tournament is played at the same venue every year. A study by Data Golf illustrated that golfers tend to peak at Augusta during their ninth or 10th appearance at the tournament.

This is to the extent that a golfer with nine to 10 years’ experience at Augusta is likely to score 0.2-0.3 strokes better per round than another player making their tournament debut, assuming the pair shared an identical baseline ability.

Spieth is only -250 to make the cut, seems like about as good of odds as you'll ever get for a guy who can play this course as well as anyone year to year

I will say. Here and Pretty much Texas he plays well. I just have a hard time putting my money on him.

Tournament match ups:

Ancer -145 vs Phil: fading Phil here and I kind of like Ancer thweek...

Xander -150 vs Fowler: again a Fowler fade... I just don’t think his game is in a good place and I really like X this week

Couples +100 vs Jazz J: going with the old guy who simply loves this course. Jazz has not played here yet from what I can see... good luck with that.

looking to add a few more...

Love all then Masters Coverage.

I saw Brandell last night show Beefcakes drives from the US Open laid out over a few holes. Tea Olive was one. It’s crazy where he drove it

Do you think Bryson did Roids or he has done it the right way?

I mean to increase your swing speed 19mph in a year seems unbelievable.

Tournament match ups:

Ancer -145 vs Phil: fading Phil here and I kind of like Ancer thweek...

Xander -150 vs Fowler: again a Fowler fade... I just don’t think his game is in a good place and I really like X this week

Couples +100 vs Jazz J: going with the old guy who simply loves this course. Jazz has not played here yet from what I can see... good luck with that.

looking to add a few more...
LOVE that Couples play. He finished-9 at the Champions last week. He game should be prime and always plays well at Augusta

I really want to be overweight sungjae.... feel like the field will hesitate to play him, as he had a bad performance last week after just making the cut, and its his masters debut.... am I crazy?

I think i'm going to keep rory/jt/koepka off.... and attack more on DJ/rahm/bryson

Then I absolutely love the prices on the next tier, hatton/simpson/watson/matsuyama

So far I'm fading a couple of first timers with guys who know their way around:

Tiger -105 vs Wolff
Fitzpatrick -120 vs Scheffler
Day -145 vs Wolff

I really like Rahm this week. I saw a stat yesterday that since he's been playing this tournament, he is 1st in strokes gained on par 4s and 5s, but like 67th on par 3s. Doesn't need to clean much up there. Like DJ too.

Jason Day seems fully healthy, and with it not being spring, maybe seasonal allergies won't force a WD

Feel like Rory is kind of sneaky this year with all the Bryson talk and Tiger being the defender.

I was looking at Hatton since he's been on fire, but his record at Augusta isn't great.

Will probably find myself on Xander in a multitude of ways, just love that guy's game. Hideki is another guy that seems to always be near the top of the leaderboard.

A couple of guys that have been scuffling but have a pretty solid course history I'm interested in are Justin Rose, Snedeker, Leishman, and Kuchar

Like the picks.
If it were me...... I would put Finau in there instead of Deki.
That’s just me though.
Thanks. That was by far the toughest decision I had to make. I just like Deki's game a little more and saw signs of Finau becoming a little more inconsistent than where he was last year.

I love Deki this week.

Im gonna have majority of money on Fowler this week. Will sprinkle some Rahm, Xander, and a couple longshots.

Course history means more here than anywhere else. And Fowler's course history (strokes gained) is better than anyone over the past few years...he's played well enough to win.

Augusta just does it right man. From Pre Tourney Interviews until Butler Cabin.

I would love to them do a Spring & Fall tourney from here on out
I’ve had Live from the Masters on all day and the coverage could not be better. I wish every sporting event had this look and feel. Producers don’t get enough credit for putting quality like this out there.

My darts were mainly played way back in February or so.

One didn’t work out very well (brooks +1300)
But one did (Bryson +3100)

this week I added Rose and Rickie at 60-1

also a dart on Rickie 60-1 FRL

lots of matchups I’m still looking over but already hit Rose over spieth at -135

My darts were mainly played way back in February or so.

One didn’t work out very well (brooks +1300)
But one did (Bryson +3100)

this week I added Rose and Rickie at 60-1

also a dart on Rickie 60-1 FRL

lots of matchups I’m still looking over but already hit Rose over spieth at -135
I'm not sure if Spieth ever gets out of his own head. Poor kid.

Top South Korean Player (Heritage):

Sungjae Im +115
Si Woo Kim +235
Byeong Hun An +300
Sung-Hoon Kang +600

Kang and Im are both Augusta virgins and Kim has outperformed An in four of their last five shared starts.

Top South Korean Player (Heritage):

Sungjae Im +115
Si Woo Kim +235
Byeong Hun An +300
Sung-Hoon Kang +600

Kang and Im are both Augusta virgins and Kim has outperformed An in four of their last five shared starts.
I actually was looking at this last night a bit.

Good stuff.

I don't think that Bryson wins this week.

I think the greens and no greensbook rules are huge here. He'll be around at times. Remember last year's start? Yup.

I do think he'll go nuts one day though

Bigger than an average bet

DeChambeau 66 or less any round +120

Very small play...

And I know how the scoring goes on this course but I think we can see something wild this week. This is just really for shits in giggles but I think a bit of value

62 or less by any player +1000

Think my favorite matchup is Bubba -105/-110 over Hatton. Every metric points to Bubba: course history, recent form, and with the rain, length will be a huge advantage

I don't think that Bryson wins this week.

I think the greens and no greensbook rules are huge here. He'll be around at times. Remember last year's start? Yup.

I do think he'll go nuts one day though

Bigger than an average bet

DeChambeau 66 or less any round +120
I don't think he wins this week either...he's dogged in a lot of tourney matchups (+115 vs DJ..+100 vs Rory; +115 vs Rahm) despite being a fairly large fave in the outright market.

I'm wagering on him getting off to a slow start:

Dechambeau (1st Rnd Score) O 69.5 +105

Back