2019 Texas Rangers entire season thread

Minor pitched his best game of the year as we win 1-0 record is now 59-58
He threw 103 pitches 73 of those were strikes gave up 4 hits no runs struck out 11 & walked 1
Leclerc pitched 1.0 struck out one & got his 8th save
Kiner-Falefa went 1-3 knocking in our only run
We went 0-4 with RISP & left 6 on base we struck out 12 times

Jurado takes to the hill tonight, I see us winning at least 2 of the three games if not all three

I was just looking at the Rangers schedule... Other than this series, the Baltimore series and Seattle it is not an easy schedule coming home. Nice game yesterday by Minor.

An old fashioned ass whipping as we lost 19-4 dropping our record to 59-59
Jurado got lit up like this year’s Christmas tree lasting only 3.1 innings giving up 11 hits 8 runs all earned walked 1 struck out 2 & gave up 2 HR’s
Sampson was worse recording only 1 out 0.1 innings giving up 3 hits 5 runs all earned walked 2 struck out 1 & gave up a grand slam

Calhoun,Odor,Trevino & Mazara all knocked in one run Mazara hit his 16th Calhoun his 10th & Odor his 21st
Went 2-6 with RISP left 6 on base & struck out 6 times

Lynn takes to the hill tonight

Shut out 3-0 our record is now 59-60 we’ve only scored 5 runs over our last 3 games
Lynn threw 5 innings giving up 4 hits 1 run which was earned walked 3 struck out 6 gave up a solo HR
Kelley pitched 1.0 innings gave up 2 hits 2 runs both earned both hits he gave up were HR’s

We only mustered 5 hits Santana had 2 of them Calhoun,Pence & Mathis each had one hit
Went 0-10 with RISP left 10 on base & struck out 10 times, we are 2-28 with RISP over the first 7 games of this road trip & we’ve struck out 104 times over the last 11 games
Choo-Choo slumping badly went 0-4 & now batting only .269 he’s 1 for his last 14 AB’s

Kolby Allard makes his second start since coming from the Braves this afternoon, we fly straight home & the Twinkees come to Globe Life tomorrow for a 4 game series

Elvis gets 4 hits & Allard pitches well as we win 7-3 record is now 60-60
Allard went 5.2 innings gave up 4 hits 3 runs all of them earned walked 3 struck out 5

Mazara & DeShields each drove in one run
Mazara hit his 17th
Santana went 2-5 knocking in 3 he hit his 19th
Elvis went 4-5 knocking in 2
Went 4-12 with RISP left 11 on base & struck out 9 times

Payano takes to the hill tonight as the Twins come to town for a four game series

Down 10-0 after four & we lost 13-6 our record is now 60-61
Payano lasted only 3.1 innings giving up 5 hits 8 runs 5 of those earned walked 3 struck out 3 he gave up a 2 run HR he was optioned to AAA after the game
Carpenter & Guerrieri each gave up 3 hits & 2 runs both of them earned

Choo-Choo was given the night off
Elvis,DeShields,Santana,Pence & Calhoun all drove in one run
Calhoun hit his 11th & Pence his 18th
Went 3-7 with RISP left 6 on base & struck out 8 times

We did something I don’t think many teams have ever done, in the sixth inning we had three base runners thrown out Odor,Trevino & Calhoun

Minor takes to the hill tonight

The long ball was costly to Minor as we lost a tough one 4-3 record now stands at 60-62
Minor went 7.0 innings gave up 8 hits 4 runs 3 of those were earned walked 1 struck out 5 he gave up two 2 runs HR’s

Mazara went 3-4 driving in 2
Calhoun went 2-3
Choo-Choo went 1-4 as DH
Went 1-11 with RISP left 8 on base & struck out 8 times

We are 3-8 in our last 11, RISP are killing us batting only .147 over these 11 games
First time since May 19th we are two games under .500

Jurado takes to the hill tonight as Josh Hamilton gets inducted into the Rangers Hall of Fame
Josh was one of the best players to ever wear a Rangers jersey, it’s a shame injuries & his demons cut his career short

I expect a huge effort tonight & will be shocked if we don’t win this game easily

Tough to overcome a 6 spot in the top of the first, we fought hard but came up on the losing side again losing 12-7 our record is now 60-63
Jurado was terrible throwing only 2.0 innings giving up 7 hits 8 runs only 2 were earned walked 2 struck out none & gave up one HR

Choo-Choo woke up going 3-5 knocking in one run
Santana went 2-5 knocking in 4 he hit 2 HR’s both 2 run blasts & in consecutive innnings 1st & 2nd he’s got 21 on the season
Odor & Kiner-Falefa each drove in one
Went 2-8 with RISP left 6 on base & struck out 9 times
We have lost 3 in a row & are 2-8 over the last 10

Lynn takes to the hill this afternoon

Josh Hamilton gave a great speech as he was inducted into the Rangers Hall of Fame, he had it all as a player
Sadly drugs & injuries cut his career short, when he was right no one & I mean no one playing the game at that time was a better player

Losers again falling 6-3 our record now stands at 60-64
Lynn went 5.0 innnings giving up 4 hits 3 runs all earned walked 5 struck out 3
Clase got lit up pitching 1.0 innings giving up 3 hits 3 runs all earned Andy took the loss 0-2

Choo-Choo went 2-5 and hit his 20th of the season a solo shot
Mathis drove in our other two runs
Went 1-9 with RISP & left 12 on base struck out 9 times

Our offense can't get any timely hits tonight the Angels come to town I hope we turn things around

Allard takes to the hill

Took 11 innings but we won the game 8-7 our record now stands at 61-64
We were down 7-1 after two innings
Allard gutted out 5.0 innings giving up 7 hits 7 runs 6 were earned walked 2 two struck out 3 gave up a two run HR
Montero pitched 2.0 innings getting the W

Pence went 3/4 driving in one run
Odor,Elvis,Santana & Kiner-Falefa each drove in one
Trevino hit his 1st HR of the year a solo shot
we went 6-20 with RISP & left 16 men on base struck out 11 times

The win was costly though Mazara & Santana left the game with injuries

Today we have a doubleheader Paulumbo & Burke are our starters, I hope to get a split

Lost game one 5-1 won game two in 11 innings 3-2 our record stands at 62-65

Palumbo went only 1.2 innings giving up 3 hits 3 runs all earned walked 2 struck out 2 gave up a solo HR to Trout his 42nd of the year he left the game with a blister on his left thumb
We only mustered 5 hits in the game 2 of them from Calhoun he drove in one run
Pence,Odor and Solak got our other hits
We struck out 15 times went 0-2 with RISP and left 4 on base

Burke went a strong 6.0 innings giving up only 4 hits no runs walked 2 struck out 4
Santana & Solak drove in one run Solak hit his 1st HR of the season
Went 1-3 with RISP and left 8 on base striking out 8 more times

Solak was called up befor game one because Mazara went on the DL
Burke was supposed to only get one start but will pitch Sunday VS White Sox taking Palumbo's turn

Our call ups have looked good so far, Minor takes to the hill tonight in a game I don't see how we can lose

Trailing 7-4 after 6 innings we rallied to win 8-7 improving our record to 63-65
Minor not that effective going 5.2 innings giving up 10 hits 7 runs 6 earned walked 2 struck out 7
Hernandez pitched 2.1 innings & got the W in his MLB debut

Calhoun went 2/4 hitting his 13th HR
Pence went 2/5 driving in 3
DeShields went 2/4 driving in 2
Solak & Choo-Choo each drove in one
Went 5-15 with RISP left 8 on base & struck out 11 more times

We are off to Chicago for a four game series with the White Sox, I’m expecting to win 3 of the 4
Jurado takes the hill tonight

Never in this one down 5-0 after three and lost 6-1 record is now 63-66
Jurado threw 112 pitches in a complete game loss which saved our pen gave up 8 hits 6 runs all earned walked 1 struck out 2 and gave up 2 HRs

Our offense only had 3 hits all game
Elvis,Solak,Heineman
Elvis had our lone RBI
Went 0-1 with RISP left 2 on base and struck out 10 more times

Lost again to the White Sox 8-3 our record is now 63-67
White Sox had 12 hits 8 of those with two outs 7 of their 8 runs scored cane with two outs
Lynn went 5.2 innings giving up 11 hits 7 runs all of them earned walked 2 and struck out 10

Calhoun hit his 14th a three run blast in the first are only runs of the night
Elvis, Forsythe & DeShields each got one hit
We've only had 7 hits in our last two games
Went 1-4 with RISP left 3 on base and struck out 13 more times

Allard takes to the hill today

A well pitched game & we went on to shutout the White Sox 4-0 record now stands at 64-67
Allard threw 99 pitches 71 of them for strikes gave up 6 hits no runs walked none & struck out 8

Calhoun & Santana each hit 2 run shots, Calhoun his 15th & Santana his 22nd
Went 1-5 with RISP left 7 on base and struck out 11 more times

Brock Burke starts his 2nd MLB game his first out was good throwing 6 scoreless innings vs the Angels, lets see how he does today

Our bats go silent again as we lose 2-0 record is now 64-68
Burke pitched very well going 6.0 innings allowing just 2 hits 1 run which was earned walked 3 struck out 5

Choo-Choo got our only hit of the game
Went 0-4 with RISP left 7 on base & struck out 8 times

We have the day off as we head to Anaheim
Only scored 8 runs in our four game series with the White Sox losing 3 of those games
Struck out 42 times had only 16 hits the entire series
It’s a shame how we’ve just stopped scoring & are now looking like the team everyone thought they’d be
The lack of discipline at the plate has plagued this team for several years now striking out way to many times
I hope we find some life & make one more nice run

We were clinging to a 1-0 lead heading into the bottom of the seventh the Angels exploded for four runs to go on to win 4-1 our record is now 64-69
Minor went 6.1 innings giving up 4 hits 4 runs all earned walked 3 struck out 4

Choo Choo went 2-4 driving in one run
Santana hit his 23rd HR a solo shot
Went 1-4 with RISP left 7 on base & struck out 11 times

Clase takes to the hill tonight

Jurado was very good & we go on to win 3-0 record now stands at 65-69
Clase pitched 1.0 gave up one hit & walked 2
Jurado went 6.0 innings gave up 2 hits walked 1 struck out 1

Solak went 1-2 drove in one
Kiner-Falefa went 1-4 drove in two
Went 2-11 with RISP left 10 on base struck out 14 more times

Our pen gave the game away yet again losing 5-3 our record stands at 65-70
Lynn went 6.0 innings giving up 4 hits gave up 3 runs only 1 earned walked 2 struck out 5
Leclerc got shelled 1.0 inning gave up 2 hits 2 runs both earned walked 2 struck out 1

Calhoun & Kiner-Falefa each drove in one run
Went 2-6 with RISP left 4 on base struck out 7 times

Odor was put on notice that his job in jeopardy as his spot on the team for next year
He’s now 0 for his last 25 at bats

Allard takes the hill tonight

Allard pitched well again as we go on to win 6-3 our record now stands at 66-70
Allard went 5.2 innings gave up 7 hits 2 runs both earned walked 1 struck out 4

Santana hit his 24th a solo shot
Trevino went 3/3 knocking in 2
Odor,Calhoun & Elvis each drove in one run
Went 2-13 with RISP left 5 on base struck out 7 more times

Guzman starting Sunday will be our everyday 1B
Gallo is back facing live pitching again, he will be back before the end of the season
Odor snapped an 0-28 streak

Burke takes to the hill tonight

Kiner-Falefa hit a walk off single as we win 3-2 record now stands at 67-70
Burke threw 6.0 solid innings gave up 7 hits 2 runs both earned walked 1 struck out 2

Elvis & Solak each drove in one run
Went 2-6 with RISP left 6 on base & struck out 6 times

Martin takes to the hill today, we then head to NY to face the much hated Yankees

Our opener threw like our closers as we got routed 11-3 record now stands at 67-71
Martin threw 0.2 innings gave up 3 hits 4 runs all of them earned walked 2 struck out 2
We proceeded to use 6 other pitchers to get us through the game

Odor drove in 2
Solak drove in 1
Went 1-11 with RISP left 8 on base & struck out 7 more times

Minor takes the hill tonight vs the much hated Yankees in New York for a three game series
I do think we can win one game tomorrow’s game vs Paxton

Minor pitched a gem as we shut out the much hated Yankees 7-0 our record stands at 68-71
Minor threw 7.1 innings gave up 5 hits no runs walked 1 struck out 5

DeShields hit a 3 run shot his 4th HR of the season
Choo-Choo hit his 21st HR a solo shot
Trevino hit his 2nd HR a solo shot
Guzman & Mazara also drove in one run
We went 3-7 with RISP left 6 on base and struck out 9 times

This by far was our best game of the season, let’s hope it carries over into tonight’s game

Jurado takes the hill

We just got blasted losing 10-1 our record is now 68-72
Volquez pitched 1.0 innings gave up 1 hit 2 runs both earned walked one struck out none
he gave up a two run blast to Sanchez
Jurado went 4.0 innings gave up 7 hits 5 runs all of them earned walked none struck out three gave up 2 HR’s a solo shot & a three run shot
Our pitching staff gave up a total of 5 HR’s

Heineman hit his first HR of the season which was are only run

We left 3 on base & struck out 13 times

Lynn heads to the hill tonight as we attempt to win the series

Forgot to write this, last night Jon Daniels fired the entire coaching staff of the AAA Nashville Sounds, but Geno Petralli will stay with the organization as a roving instructor
I wish ownership would fire Daniels our team hasn’t flourished under his reign

Our bats went silent for the second night in a row losing 4-1 record is now 68-73
Lynn went only 5.0 innings gave up 5 hits 3 runs all earned walked 3 struck out 7 and gave up 2 HR’s
He threw 108 pitches

Odor hit his 22nd HR a solo shot he went 2-4 for the night
Went 0-5 with RISP and left 7 on base striking out 13 times

Allard takes to the hill tonight vs Baltimore, we need to win 3 of 4
We are 28-44 on the road this season .389% but are 40-29 at home .580%

Allard very solid again as we win 3-1 our record stands at 69-73
He went 6.1 innings scattering 7 hits 1 run which was earned walked 2 struck out 2 he threw only 89 pitches

Solak hit his 2nd HR a two run shot
Forsythe drove in our other run
Choo-Choo is running on empty went 0-3 and is now batting .261
Went 1-5 with RISP left 6 on base & struck out 6 times

Brock Burke makes his fourth start tonight, he’s winless but has a 1.50 ERA and a WHIP of 1.06
Pretty sure we win this game