***2019 NBA Finals Discussion: Drake Vs Dynasty***

I'm not a medical person, but how does coming back too early from a strained calf, if indeed he did come back too early, cause a torn achilles? Does this make any sense on the surface?

I'm not a medical person, but how does coming back too early from a strained calf, if indeed he did come back too early, cause a torn achilles? Does this make any sense on the surface?
I think till Game 6 and even afterwards, we will learn enough on the subject to be a medical person and even medical experts :)

In the end we can't speculate.

Damn shame one of the league's better players if not the best won't be on the floor next season.

In the end we can't speculate.

Damn shame one of the league's better players if not the best won't be on the floor next season.
Not worse than Kobe's injury, when Lakers got Nash and Dwight. It robbed both Kobe and Nash of their last seasons and took away Nash's last chance for a ring...
In the end, it's a shame, but injuries are always part of any sport and that's the beauty of it... that's why teams can never know how long/ big is their window of chances to win a title. GSW looked like a team that could make 5 - 6 titles in a row (we can only speculate now, what Durant would have done if healthy and Dubs winning this season) and now on verge of losing a title and slim chance of getting a title next year as well...

He was rushed back by a bunch of guys he didn’t want to play with anymore. Awful karma going around that team right now. If I’m Klay I’m bailing. If im KD I want a one year max offer to make things right.

Playing hurt most definitely leads way to other injuries. Muscles compensate for the other injuries and boom, career in flux mode.

His return sparked a DD cushion. Raps can now put an end to this awful story and so called paper dynasty.

He was rushed back by a bunch of guys he didn’t want to play with anymore. Awful karma going around that team right now. If I’m Klay I’m bailing. If im KD I want a one year max offer to make things right.

Playing hurt most definitely leads way to other injuries. Muscles compensate for the other injuries and boom, career in flux mode.

His return sparked a DD cushion. Raps can now put an end to this awful story and so called paper dynasty.

It's anyone's guess if he was rushed and if it was a bad call...
How many players we see played injured and lead their teams... Paul Pierce, Willie Reed are the more known examples, but did you see Kawhi against the Bucks? He could barely walk and still played and won the series...
In the playoffs, people play banged up and hurt and struggling and so on...
Without knowing the extent of the injury, what KD wanted, what medical staff recommended and so on, how can we really say anything?
If medical staff cleared him to play, how can you keep him out in such a crucial game?
If Dubs go on and win the title, it will be also because of the first quarter, that prevented Raptors from building confidence and that was also because of great performance by KD.
It's a shame he got injured and it will be triple shame if the injury was cause in a game that will end up only extending the series and not flipping it, but I'm not sure if you should blame the Warriors for this...

Can we please stop with this false narrative that KD hates his teammates? This is the second time I’m replying to someone in this thread about it

Can we please stop with this false narrative that KD hates his teammates? This is the second time I’m replying to someone in this thread about it

It’s well known he was planning on leaving so to say he’s not going to play with them anymore doesn’t exactly insinuate he hates them. But there was chatter he played because players were questioning his toughness.

I would think the calf helps stabilize the Achilles in a lot of ways, especially since, and I am going on this based off his ice packs location the last month, it was a lower calf injury

I imagine it not being full strength took away its protection, kinda like how fatigue can cause more injuries

I would think the calf helps stabilize the Achilles in a lot of ways, especially since, and I am going on this based off his ice packs location the last month, it was a lower calf injury

I imagine it not being full strength took away its protection, kinda like how fatigue can cause more injuries
The "spot up shooter" game plan told the story really.

in all of this debate about durant's longevity, a lot of people are missing the responsibility aspect of the situation. these players make tens of millions of dollars. part of the justification of the ludicrous amounts are the health and risk aspects of the job. if the game is meaningless, then you can give your body a rest. if the game matters and you have the ability to have any positive impact, you should be out there. when a player signs a huge contract to be a leader of a team and franchise, sacrifice is obligatory, regardless of if your feelings are hurt or if you're not getting along with all your teammates. contracts like that set you up for the rest of your life, even if you never sign another contract afterwards. if you make 1 or 2 mil a year, then you have more leeway to think about a longer career, and you don't carry the load of the team. if you have a 100 mil contract under your belt, you never have to worry about financial matters or supporting your family, etc. you are a hired gun for whatever length of the contract to help secure championships, period. your next contract should not even be in the conversation. emmitt smith held out to be the highest paid running back in the league, and got his contract. when he separated his shoulder, he played through it because he knew the game was vital in order to win the super bowl, and he knew that contract signified that he was supposed to put the team on his shoulders, whether they were healthy enough to bear that weight or not. he earned his contract that day. there are many other examples...davis being a decoy with a migraine, lott cutting off his finger, etc. most big contracts in sports aren't earned. we have grown to accept prima donna shit, which shouldn't be acceptable. the large sum needs to be justified by production, extreme exertion and wear, and sometimes a tear.

Toronto has won 16/20 quarters in the series. The only quarter the warriors won last night was before KD blew his Achilles out.

The KD saga has given the Dubs an emotional focus point, his teammates care.

As long as the Raps have Nick Nurse and Kyle Lowry it's not a given they're gonna win.

Kawhi is still carrying an injury, dude labored through 3 quarters last night then made his burst in the 4th but got let down by the aforementioned names.

Let's be honest the Raps should have closed it out in Game 5. That choke DNA still exists.

The longer you let a wounded dog hang around it can comeback to bite your ass.

I do have a hard time seeing the Raps close this thing out on the road.

There is no historical data for the Finals with this win sequence as all teams prior in the Raps position close it out at the first opportunity so we're breaking new ground with a Game 6.

The money right now though, says the Raps do.

If the calf isn't fully healed, it will put added stress on anything else involved with the lower leg. Not to mention, we will subconsciously compensate for any injury, also putting additional stress on other body parts/muscles. It's very common for injuries to occur (somewhere else) when a previous injury isn't completely healed.

It's anyone's guess if he was rushed and if it was a bad call...
How many players we see played injured and lead their teams... Paul Pierce, Willie Reed are the more known examples, but did you see Kawhi against the Bucks? He could barely walk and still played and won the series...
In the playoffs, people play banged up and hurt and struggling and so on...
Without knowing the extent of the injury, what KD wanted, what medical staff recommended and so on, how can we really say anything?
If medical staff cleared him to play, how can you keep him out in such a crucial game?
If Dubs go on and win the title, it will be also because of the first quarter, that prevented Raptors from building confidence and that was also because of great performance by KD.
It's a shame he got injured and it will be triple shame if the injury was cause in a game that will end up only extending the series and not flipping it, but I'm not sure if you should blame the Warriors for this...

Paul Pierce? Lolololol. He wasn't injured when he was taken off in the wheelchair, he pooped his pants and they needed a good cover story to get him back to the locker room without anyone noticing what actually happened.

It’s well known he was planning on leaving so to say he’s not going to play with them anymore doesn’t exactly insinuate he hates them. But there was chatter he played because players were questioning his toughness.

He may have been planning on leaving, but saying it was "well known" is pretty funny. Well known how? By media members and the like who literally make shit up just to get clicks/views? Remember when PG13 was 100% leaving OKC? Anyone who actually puts any stock in what the media says when it comes to trade rumors, FA signings, etc is kidding themselves.

Dubs are a brotherhood and like most brothers they fight from time to time.

There is no doubt they 'care' for Durant and he 'cares' for them.

Dude risked a portion of his career because his team needed him.

Kevon Looney emphasises the point because he also is willing to play through pain for this team.

The Dubs are built on chemistry.

It's sad that a 2-time Finals MVP and Champion still had to try and validate his career because he chose to play for Golden State instead of hanging out with a toxic Russell Westbrook.

Kevon Looney emphasises the point because he also is willing to play through pain for this team.

It's sad that a 2-time Finals MVP and Champion still had to try and validate his career because he chose to play for Golden State instead of hanging out with a toxic Russell Westbrook.

Solid point my man

And he like a lot of others still needs validation... now only he has to do it at 31 years old off an achilles.

D84uF8JUEAAzWJZ.jpg
D84uF8YUEAA5Im2.jpg

That Nick Nurse timeout with 3 mins left still stings. He killed the momentum and gave GSW the 9-0 run. Oh well. Klay, Steph, and Dray were all hot from threes in G5. Cousins went on a run when KD went down. In the end, they only managed to win by 1pt with that "perfect" game while TOR struggled from deep. I see TOR bouncing back knowing that they won't have to deal with KD in this series anymore but it's hard to see GSW losing another game at home. UGH. I'll pass.

Silver would welcome a G7 I'd imagine, so the refs & their calls I'd expect to deliver some home cooking next up. But their winning 3 straight with KD present for all of 11-odd mins out of the 144? Nah.

Raptors the better team (without KD) and Leonard the best player in the world. Hope they wrap things up so he can take his ring he won by himself back to the US.

Yep. That same video has been faked about a half dozen times now. The original video is from the World Cup last year, it’s a bar in England. You can see the flags all over the place.

That video has been used on 100 different things.

But it still speaks to the crap that this series really has been.

Are the Raptors the team that's gonna closedown Oracle, really ?

Lowry, Nick Nurse, Ghost of Stern, Canada, Drake.......................

Back