2019 Free Agency/Player Movement

The Knicks are an absolute laughing stock at this point. It’s embarrassing. James Dolan needs to be made to disappear by one of the 5 families...only way that franchise gets back to even being competent.

Yup.

This new Sixers starting lineup has mad potential.

Embiid’s kryptonite is now his teammate.

Mavs trying to assemble the palest starting 5 in the league.

Lol, yep. In 2-3 years they’ll be running the West with KP and Luka. Cuban isn’t afraid to spend money, so those 2 should have plenty of supporting cast to make a few runs at a title.

D-WnUWvXoAMaJys.jpg

Gsw has absolutely no front court. You got Draymond and nothing else.

Knicks are an absolute disaster. You clear cap space and you’re left with Randle, Gibson, and Portis?!! They have great young talent, but terrible terrible decision making. I like the Randle signing, he’s only 24 and getting better, and RJ is gonna be the best rookie of this class, but man you’re asking a lot of Mitch, Knox, Smith to even be competitive

Sixers are a better team with Horford and Richardson than with butler

Dont @ me
I'm not sure. Butler's desire to compete and to win is something that I really like. Horford on the other hand... most of the time, he used to lose 4 in a row in the playoffs...
Don't get me wrong, I like Horford, but around young players, I would prefer to have Butler...

Don't get the idea of Russel to the Warriors...
They have two very dominant guards, why they need a third one?!
On top of that, they lost both Iggy and Durant, so who will play SF for 48 minutes?! How can a team invest almost entire salary cap in to just two positions?!
This season it will work due to Klay's injury, but other than that... it seems like Russel is a one year rental and will be traded next summer for a forward...

Don't get the idea of Russel to the Warriors...
They have two very dominant guards, why they need a third one?!
On top of that, they lost both Iggy and Durant, so who will play SF for 48 minutes?! How can a team invest almost entire salary cap in to just two positions?!
This season it will work due to Klay's injury, but other than that... it seems like Russel is a one year rental and will be traded next summer for a forward...

Agree. Don’t see how a Steph, Klay, Russell pairing works down the road, and this season their front court is hella weak and their depth will take a hit with no Iggy, and Livingston prob gone too

Utah and NO both did just amazing job this summer so far.
Utah really emerges as maybe frontrunner to win the West this season...
NO both has very bright future and should be competitive this season as well. Amazing for a team that lost their mega superstar...
Knicks signed three PF's in 24 hours, all probably see themselves as starters...
Boston did the best they could after losing Kyrie. I think they should have tried to get Favors, probably the best big man available this summer.
Rubio is a headscratcher... He is the perfect fit next to Booker, since Rubio will play defense for both and Booker will takes shots for both, but why go to Arizona?!
Lakers missed out on everyone they could. Beverley, Bullock and many others... If they don't get Kawhi, I really wonder what they will use that salary for...
They should try and bring Chandler back, regardless of Kawhi and others...
Lopez playing together should be a lot of fun.
Bucks did really good job, keeping almost the entire core. Lost Brongdon, but re-signing Hill should soften the blow.
Hornets lost Lamb and Kemba and got only Rozier instead... not sure what they are hoping for, but it's not looking good for Charlotte... not good at all...
Denver did the right thing, keeping their core together. With Porter healthy and one more year of experience, Denver should both be fun to watch and improve.
Rose is an interesting gamble for the Pistons... They don't have too much to spend, so they have to take risks and Rose can justify that risk...
Warriors are trying to stay competitive, obviously the injuries changed their view of this summer entirely.
Rockets didn't want to keep their core together, but Butler going to the Heat probably guarantees it and it's a good thing for the Rockets, if you ask me.
Pacers lost Collison to jehovah witness and Bogdanovic to the mormons, but Brogdon and Lamb are decent replacement...
Lakers and Clippers were suppose to be major players this summer, but so far... nothing... very surprising and could be huge disappointment for both...
Memphis does a solid work juggling between present and future. Got first draft picks, signed Valanciunas and either keep Iggy and his leadership or cut him and remain with the picks...
Heat got their star player to build the team around, so that great summer for the Heat, regardless of who they end up sending... with Riley and Spoelstra, Butler should really enjoy it there and Heat will keep trying to compete...
Minny needed to change something, but so far, keeping it the same and it doesn't look good for them.
Btw, Orlando kept their core and added Aminu - he should be perfect for Orlando, providing them with some defense and someone that doesn't need the ball, since shooting isn't a problem for them.
Sixers did a very solid job, the best they could.
Blazers lost Aminu and can lose Kanter and Curry as well, without the ability to sign someone instead... Nurkic should be back, but still... Portland can struggle this season to repeat last year's success
Kings got Joseph and Dedmon, they are surprisingly doing a solid job...

Wild day of FA. Good to know that most of this was all done prior. So much for the week of meeting teams etc. This is so 2019... Right to the point and done.

Yeah, Butler and his wok ethics are perfect fit for Spoelstra and Riley. Don't know why the deal didn't come through (I read that it was actually Jones Jr that Heat didn't agree to trade), but no one, Dragic, Jones Jr or Olynyk worth breaking such a deal...

Wild day of FA. Good to know that most of this was all done prior. So much for the week of meeting teams etc. This is so 2019... Right to the point and done.
Yeah, but I never could understand the point of meetings with the teams and so on... What Kawhi doesn't know about Toronto/ Clippers or Lakers that he will learn in a pitch meeting? They all are rich man with tons of friends in the industry and mostly, they know that teams will say almost anything, just to get them to sign.
Kyrie and KD to the Nets, was done 6 months ago. Everything after that, was probably a smoke screen...

Randle will start at the 4 in NY with Mitch at the 5, and I’m assuming Knox at 3, RJ at 2 and DSJ at point. Portis and Taj will be the backups at 4 and 5. Feel bad for Dotson he had a solid year and is prob the teams best 3 point shooter and loses his starting spot

Randle will start at the 4 in NY with Mitch at the 5, and I’m assuming Knox at 3, RJ at 2 and DSJ at point. Portis and Taj will be the backups at 4 and 5. Feel bad for Dotson he had a solid year and is prob the teams best 3 point shooter and loses his starting spot
Portis punched the previous guy that took his starting job, causing him to come back to Europe...))

Back