*****2018 Oakland Raiders Offseason/Draft/Pre Season/Regular Season Thread*****

Trade official, source tells ESPN: Bears get: Khalil Mack, a 2020 second-round round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick. Raiders get: 2019 first-round pick, 2020 first-round pick, 2020 third-round pick, 2019 sixth-round pick

WTF is going on inside that bowl cut of a head on Marc Davis’ shoulders? What an insane day a week before you open your season

Fucking Raiders. Fucking Chucky. You trade a generational player where all you had to do was franchise him this year and see what happens from there. Just doesn't make sense. Now the shitty secondary is going to have to cover for another half second to a full second cause the line won't get to the QB.

With the draft picks, there's no guarantee that they'll pan out. And even if they do, you gotta wait a few years for that. McKenzie started out nicely, but the last few drafts we barely get any production out of the players we've taken high.

2016 draft- Karl Joseph first rounder- garbage.

2017- Gareon Conley first rounder and Obi melifonwu (who?) second round- barely even saw the field.

McKenzie is living off his 2014 draft where he drafted Khalil and Carr, with obviously Khalil gone now. Cooper in 2015 was good too but since 2013 we barely have anybody around that he's drafted. Mario Edwards Jr a second rounder in 2015 draft just cut.

And how about Martavis. We gave up a third rounder for a stage 3 drug offender and now he's gone. So is that third round pick which is huge.

Raiders have made some questionable and down right stupid decisions lately and I personally don't think it's all McKenzie. Gruden has a huge saying in what happens too. Raider nation is pissed right now in the bay area.

Instead of the offense needing to score 24-27 points to have a chance to win, they'll have to score into the 30's now and I'm not sure we're capable of that.

Look at the supposed defense right now. Who's gonna make a play for them. Straight garbage.

Raiders Depth Chart.JPG

Forgot to mention the morale of the players is all fucked up too right now. I think the UNDER RSW on the Raiders is now a good bet although I won't do it cause I gotta root for them.

Reactions: KJ
Forgot to mention the morale of the players is all fucked up too right now. I think the UNDER RSW on the Raiders is now a good bet although I won't do it cause I gotta root for them.
Yeah I get that feeling they all thought he'd be back. Not the easiest to rebound from.

Damn, Chris Warren III placed on IR. Was hoping for him to be around this year. Feel bad for the guy.

EJ Manual and Connor Cook both released. Some major late whole sale lineup changes.

Damn, Chris Warren III placed on IR. Was hoping for him to be around this year. Feel bad for the guy.

EJ Manual and Connor Cook both released. Some major late whole sale lineup changes.
Coge this is going to make Gruden look either genius or ridiculous

At this point I wouldn't even try to grade that til at least a year in Vegas

Coge this is going to make Gruden look either genius or ridiculous

At this point I wouldn't even try to grade that til at least a year in Vegas
Yeah to be fair you gotta wait. Just pissed they didn't franchise him and get him this year. Too many late roster changes are making me shake my head.

Yeah to be fair you gotta wait. Just pissed they didn't franchise him and get him this year. Too many late roster changes are making me shake my head.

We didnt even need to franchise him this year, it was last year of his deal, so we had 3 more years

Thats why i said dont get not waiting

sorry all but this is a complete dumpster fire

and i missed 8 on the RSW under, not sure i want to go at 7

Wow, what a dumpster fire tonight was. And it's gonna be like this all season.

Carr looked like a rookie. He made some terrible mistakes and reads. Missed some really bad simple throws. And who came up with the game plan? Lynch started off running well, but we seemed to abandon it, even while leading at HT. He should've been a bell cow. No full back either. And you're best weapon in Cooper barely saw any targets. He was supposed to be the focal point of the offense. Carr throwing for 300 yards had to be one of the most quiet 300 yard games I've ever seen. The only shining light was the play of Jared Cook.

The defense looked terrible. The first half was ok, but I think that was more of a rust thing for the Rams as they barely played in the preseason. One sack all game. That's it. A couple of those play action passes by Goff he had all day. And another game where there were no forced fumbles or interceptions. When Gruden got rid of Mack, he got rid of our only play maker on defense.

I was hyped up for Gruden in the off season. A lot of that was lost last week with the trade of Mack. Still can't get over it. He even seemed down in the post game interviews. And the team's morale is low. And in a few weeks, it'll be lost.

Gonna be a long season Raider Nation.

what does a motivated Martavis Bryant do differently than an unmotivated? Still don't know if he's eligible or being suspended, sad story

I'm an Amari owner who wonders what the heck happened and why he got a carry then less attention than potentially washed Jordy Nelson for the rest of the game? Cook was awesome, which i think a lot was because Carr is risk-averse and throwing against Talib/Peters sounds like a nightmare to test for even the most bold all-pro

The team hung around with a top contender so i don't think everything is bleak, even Doug Martin looked like he could move, but i think this weekend will tell us a lot more if they can keep Carr upright. Keenum made some awful decisions last week and may keep OAK in the game if they can be even or + in the turnover

Man oh man we blew that game. Looked pretty good for three quarters and choked the fourth quarter away.

That 4th and inches where the fullback Smith dropped a gimme first down. That can't happen. Terrible defense also on the last play for the Broncos to set up the game winning FG was horrible. Missed tackles set up the Broncos for that shorter FG.

The good: Carr looked good with the short passes and keeping the drive alive. We controlled the clock. Also finally got Amari involved and he looked fast and strong. We finally forced an interception. Yeah it was just one but that is huge for the Raiders who rarely create turnovers.

The bad: the defense in the fourth quarter. The pass rush was nowhere to be found. This is always going to come back to Gruden letting Mack go. Un-clutch tackling everywhere in the 4Q. Lastly, the blocked extra point. We lose by one point, can't have that happen.

Next we got Miami in Miami. Will be tough with the east coast thing and early start. But if we lose the following week at home to the Cleveland fucking Browns, we will be the laughing stock of the league.

pretty brutal loss considering y'all controlled the whole game. I'm not sure i'd congratulate the D for a Keenum pick either, he's been pretty giving with those so far this year

Early start hurts, but it doesn't seem to be as big of a problem nowadays and I can see them going into MIA and getting a win to prevent that laughing stock portion

Gruden has lost this team. Full rebuild mode now. Rumors are Amari is on the trading block. People say we should trade Carr but who the fuck wants him with the way he's been playing. We should be 0-6 right now. Who's the clear cut number one pick? We're on the clock.

And Gruden will forever be known for trading a future hall of famer Khalil Mack in his prime. We had our modern day Lawrence Taylor and our coach let him go. WTF.

To be fair to Carr the O-Line isn't doing him any favors but his decision making has went to shit this year.

Raiders signed former Vikings K Daniel Carlson. Dude has a monster leg. Its like me hitting long drives. They go 400 yards with a nasty slice.

Gruden has lost this team. Full rebuild mode now. Rumors are Amari is on the trading block. People say we should trade Carr but who the fuck wants him with the way he's been playing. We should be 0-6 right now. Who's the clear cut number one pick? We're on the clock.

And Gruden will forever be known for trading a future hall of famer Khalil Mack in his prime. We had our modern day Lawrence Taylor and our coach let him go. WTF.

It looks bad right now but after fleecing boys out of a 1st rounder for a wr w hands of stone raiders now have 5 1st round picks these next 2 years! Future might be brighter than we think! If gruden can draft that is!!

Say what you will but he took a team in need of a rebuild and turned it over in less than a year. 3 first rounders in 2019 and two more in 2020 with over 74 million in cap space going into next season. All that is left to do is decide on weather or not Carr is the QB to ride with or not. If they trade Carr they will likely land another first rounder and remove even more cap space. I do not think its even debatable that the roster needed an overhaul. In all honesty he can not do worse than Reggie has done with his first round picks so I think the future looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Somehow I feel bad for Raiders fans, not sure that was sympathy I thought possible. Hell I kinda feel like pulling for em. Gruden is so in over his head, game has passed him by, he can't draft for shit...someone needs to convince him to flip those picks for proven commodities.

And he's ruining Carr right in front of our eyes, somehow the Carr family has been cursed

Say what you will but he took a team in need of a rebuild and turned it over in less than a year. 3 first rounders in 2019 and two more in 2020 with over 74 million in cap space going into next season. All that is left to do is decide on weather or not Carr is the QB to ride with or not. If they trade Carr they will likely land another first rounder and remove even more cap space. I do not think its even debatable that the roster needed an overhaul. In all honesty he can not do worse than Reggie has done with his first round picks so I think the future looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

i don't like Carr as a person as I think he's a clown and i'm trying to separate that from my opinion on his game, but who is going to trade for him and take on that monstrous contract? He is a check-down master who should be holding a clipboard

i don't like Carr as a person as I think he's a clown and i'm trying to separate that from my opinion on his game, but who is going to trade for him and take on that monstrous contract? He is a check-down master who should be holding a clipboard

I would bet money the Giants and the Jags would both give up a first round pick and take a chance on Carr without a second thought.

No way the Giants would at 1-5 I can't imagine. The Jags at least still have a season to salvage. Giants first rounder is gonna be a top 3 pick

I think Carr as a person is a very good one. Stopping on the side of the road to help a guy who's car broke down, how many NFL players or NOT players, just regular people stop to help someone like that?! Carr has his faith, and goes to Church. He is always trying to help others...

That being said...As A Raider Fan since 1979, he needs to go. He plays scared now, and I don't think he can go back to the way he was 2 years ago. And his OL Sucks Donkey Dick...That doesn't help any!

Somehow I feel bad for Raiders fans, not sure that was sympathy I thought possible. Hell I kinda feel like pulling for em. Gruden is so in over his head, game has passed him by, he can't draft for shit...someone needs to convince him to flip those picks for proven commodities.

And he's ruining Carr right in front of our eyes, somehow the Carr family has been cursed

In fairness to chucky Carr started sucking well before he got there. He has been straight garbage ever since getting hurt, and why it always look like he wearing eye liner? That has always bothered me!!

I think Carr as a person is a very good one. Stopping on the side of the road to help a guy who's car broke down, how many NFL players or NOT players, just regular people stop to help someone like that?! Carr has his faith, and goes to Church. He is always trying to help others...

That being said...As A Raider Fan since 1979, he needs to go. He plays scared now, and I don't think he can go back to the way he was 2 years ago. And his OL Sucks Donkey Dick...That doesn't help any!

I just stopped and helped 2 ladies the other day, like to think more would than not.

Dunno what going to church or having faith has to do w being a good person?

What happened to raiders oline? They were so good the year they looked so good til Carr went down before playoffs. I’ve heard numerous reports that the oline doesn’t like or respect Carr. Are they all shitty ppl or maybe it Carr? Beats me, just curious.

I just stopped and helped 2 ladies the other day, like to think more would than not.

Dunno what going to church or having faith has to do w being a good person?

What happened to raiders oline? They were so good the year they looked so good til Carr went down before playoffs. I’ve heard numerous reports that the oline doesn’t like or respect Carr. Are they all shitty ppl or maybe it Carr? Beats me, just curious.

From what I read and hear people seems to believe that when The O Line kneeled before a game in Washington, Carr stood. Carr was getting smacked around left and right that game.

Going to Church/Having Faith. They do food drives, help the less fortunate, and Carr is always helping out.

Finally. Were the two ladies hot? If it was 2 fat dudes would you still have stopped?! ;)

Back