*****2018 Oakland Raiders Offseason/Draft/Pre Season/Regular Season Thread*****

how many guys are playing in the slot? Cooper, Jordy and now Switzer, too?

The west coast offense is good for Carr because he likes to get rid of the ball quickly, but if Jordy is running in mud then that means Martavis will have to be on the field a bunch to stretch the field and i'm not sure he's trustworthy at all (despite all the talent in the world). If not, that's a ton of short passing and in today's NFL i think you need the big play in order to get points.

Can't imagine Mack sits out any regular season games

Donald Penn agrees to restructure his contract. That's good. Frees up more money for others. Hopefully Mack :).

Conor Cook pulled from practice for muffing a snap. Gruden is wanting people to be laser focused. I like it. And I'm thinking Deandre Washington gets cut in favor of Chris Warren. I like Washington too but Warren got a ton of upside.

how many guys are playing in the slot? Cooper, Jordy and now Switzer, too?

The west coast offense is good for Carr because he likes to get rid of the ball quickly, but if Jordy is running in mud then that means Martavis will have to be on the field a bunch to stretch the field and i'm not sure he's trustworthy at all (despite all the talent in the world). If not, that's a ton of short passing and in today's NFL i think you need the big play in order to get points.

Can't imagine Mack sits out any regular season games

Cooper will rotate all over the field, same with jordy

Switzer likely slot only, maybe outside on some quick hitters

Seth roberts can play outside and inside too as a 5th option

Plus jared cook is a really good route runner for a TE past the linebackers

Biggest excitement factor so far in camp is the play of the rookies

Miller is looking ahead of schedule at LT, like cog said penn took a paycut, hes also taking snaps at RT. Which people are saying means they think miller is pushing to be a starter week 1

The d lineman are looking great and all should contribute in the rotation to start week 1, key will be the 3rd de in rotation behind mack and irvin. Hurst and pj hall at dt both have looked like legut pass rushers, and because of ellis and edwards being better run stoppers, they csn rotate in for passing downs and stay fresh. They gave said they want to rotate 8 guys at least all game on the line

Donald Penn agrees to restructure his contract. That's good. Frees up more money for others. Hopefully Mack :).

Conor Cook pulled from practice for muffing a snap. Gruden is wanting people to be laser focused. I like it. And I'm thinking Deandre Washington gets cut in favor of Chris Warren. I like Washington too but Warren got a ton of upside.
They have no money available to pay Mack down the line. They spent it already.

Also, some questions about whether Davis has the money to fund the escrow account that he'd need to set aside for Mack's guarantees. I'm sure cash flow isn't a problem, but the fact that teams need to set that money aside once it's signed even though it may not be accessed for years down the road really can put the cuffs on some teams if they are not well funded.

They would get a loan easy, especially with the move to vegas, if they even need it. Money isnt the issues

Thats just a dumb pft article that spread that, and espn needing something to write about with the trade talk

so y'all are still believers from what i'm reading. This a great thread

Like this post if you think 7 wins or less

Hes on his 5th year rught now, they can franchise him 3 more years, he has no leverage, going nowhere

teed do you feel any different after the GB shopping Cobb to clear salary space now that they've finally realized they've nearly wasted Rodgers's prime without a defense

I think Chris Warren will be the starter sometime in mid season. Beast mode getting up there in age and I didn’t like what I saw from him last year with his performance, and his attitude.

Takeaways for now:

1) Carr to Cooper deep ball promising

2) D pressure looking promising

3) Offense looks like a hot mess

Watching whole game... not impressed whatsoever
Yeah there’s a lot of work to do. Unfortunately the next game is the last one, and they’ll probably sit starters most of he game. Just gotta hope Gruden has a hold of this team and they’re ready to go.

Game 1 against a good balanced Rams team, gonna be tough. Monday night too.

The Defense is going to be so much better with Paul Guenther

The young kids on the Dline look crazy. Havent even missed Mack honestly

I gotta be honest, I've watched every preseason game and Derek Carr looks hesitant on his passes and decisions. He needs to just drop back. make the read and sling it. He seems hesitant and unsure of his throws. Even that pass to Amari early last week against GB, if he leads Cooper, that's a TD.

We got the Rams week 1 Monday night and that's a crucial game early. Rams defense ain't no joke. Their offense is balanced too with both the run and pass. Defense can't load the box to stop Gurley cause Goff can throw the ball around.

A lot of rumors flying around that the Raiders might trade Mack. Man if they do, that would be stupid. They're bad enough without him, I don't even want to see what they'd be without him. Of course who they get back obviously makes difference, but they'd lose a perennial pro bowler. 10 days away from the regular season starting and still a question mark, smh.

Dont worry about pre season at all, everything is so vanilla

Dont buy the mack stuff coge, it all started from an espn article where they had an article listing each team and a player they might move

All the beat guys are saying not happening

Mack is working out too, so when he gets back he will be ready, i think he just wants to skip TC, my guess is they are waiting on donald to sign, make him an offer after that

Switzer traded to the steelers im struggling to understand a bit, hes been getting praised by the guys watching camp all month, guess gruden really loves 1 or 2 of these young bucks

I agree with tb on the d

We are basically adding in two 1st rounders in conley and hurst this year, plus key who everyone says had top 10 talent and has been getting mentored by bruce irvin, pj hall looks like a wrecking ball

depth at cb will make a big difference.

Switzer traded to the steelers im struggling to understand a bit, hes been getting praised by the guys watching camp all month, guess gruden really loves 1 or 2 of these young bucks
Yeah I don't get this. Hopefully Martavis is ready to go and can keep his nose clean.

Reports of the Bears getting Khalil Mack. SMH.

This is basically a money move, right Cog. Marc Davis just doesn't want to pay him and they save some big cap space (I believe I read)...but I don't fucking get this. Someone in Raider Nation shed some light on how this makes sense either short term OR long term?

This goes against any and all logic

Even if they think, key, hall, and hurst are all gonna be rookie pro bowlers you don't have to trade mack right now, lets see the first few games of the regular season

They had him for 3 more years with the tags

Its not a money thing, plenty have come out and said they had the cash, and also if the mid or bsck loaded it mack would prefer that anyway since taxes lower in nevada

I was wrong

I dont get it

Even with the cap things i dont get it

Trying to talk myself into this

Re reading all the stories this week saying trading him wouldnt be good, league is moving towards offense so much that lots of people, was in a mike freeman story this week, dont think paying defensive players big money works

Have to see the return, bears arent great, pick could be top 10, depends what the other picks are

If the pats did this every reporter would be waiting in line to jerk belichek off and say how smart it was

Surprised how many nfl guys think this is a win win

Rappaport saying hes getting basically a 50/50 split on who got the better from execs and scouts

Was it Gruden pulling the strings on this one ?
Loaded question, he will be judged on it regardless

Is it brilliant to get the return or he just out of touch? Those first rounders gotta be at least one something special and one serviceable starter...or two very serviceable starters at a bargain

I rate the Bears higher than most this season I think but that doesn't mean much, obv will effect the draft position

NFC North is incredibly interesting to me, not like one player woulda suddenly changed that but this kinda does to a degree

Will say i dont think this works out for the bears

Team isnt good enough to win now, if trubisky ends up being worth big money they are going to be in the same position we are in right now in 2 or 3 years with so much cap allocated to a qb and a d lineman

Back