*****2018 Oakland Raiders Offseason/Draft/Pre Season/Regular Season Thread*****

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
We got some Raider fans here. There's no clear cut favorite in the division with all teams having flaws. Personally I'm thinking we can be a 8 to 10 win team. We can talk off season and as the season goes on. First up, the draft.

I want the Raiders to pick up somebody on defense. The defense was horrible and pretty bad at creating turnovers.

That week 6 game will be played in England. That counts as a home game for us.... that blows.

Big weekend

Saw today they love chubb and would move up to 6 for him if available, any higher too costly

If not id be happy with roquan, minkah, ward, or darwin james in that order

If they trade down a few spots if someone wants a qb still on the board, maybe vita vea or edmunds

Either way, in a good spot to get a day 1 starter to help the d

Conley is basically like a red shirt 1st rounder too because of his injuries so the d is going to get some major help

“The board will still be doing the talking,” McKenzie said. “It really will.”
Since Gruden’s introductory news conference in January, he and McKenzie have said theirs is a “collaborative” dynamic when it comes to roster evaluation and decisions. McKenzie echoed that stance last week when asked whether the arrival of Gruden has changed the way the Raiders are preparing for the draft, which begins Thursday.

“No,” McKenzie said. “It’s all about coming together and feeling each other out and getting all the information from the coaches and getting the information from the scouts. Then we set the board. It’s not rocket science. It really isn’t. It’s just trying to get a feel for a new system, the new coaches, what they like and what they don’t like.”
Still, given the Raiders’ investment in Gruden (reportedly $100 million) and his system, it’s unlikely they’d deny him a choice of players with which to implement it. And Gruden already has aired questions about parts of the roster he inherited.

https://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/Raiders-GM-Reggie-McKenzie-Draft-a-12857818.php

Mid rounds we need a receiver, maybe round 2 or 3 is my guess

If kirk or dj clark are there in round 2 i think gruden and reggie grab

Well, offense will be fun

Defense should improve though

Mack was being dropped in to coverage way to much last year until KNJ was fired, same with irvin

Pass rush improved last few games

Conley, obi, edwards all going to be healthy

Worley and melvin a big upgrade at cb over smith and amerson, plus as mentioned conley should be a number 1, if the legal trouble last year around the draft wasnt there, and case was dropped, he was a projected pick in the 7-15 range

Whitehead an improvement at lb too

I expect we draft a few defensive players as well today and tomorrow who hopefully contribute

The big thing with martavis is it allows amari to play a ton in the slot where he should be uncoverable, his route running has always been said to maybe be best in the league

He should have a huge season being able to move around more

The big thing with martavis is it allows amari to play a ton in the slot where he should be uncoverable, his route running has always been said to maybe be best in the league

He should have a huge season being able to move around more
Don't tell me this #PropBet

Shootouts, can't wait til they get indoors in Vegas

Points all over
:shake:

Without counting what the draft will bring, right now our skill position players on offense are...

QB: Carr
WR: Amari, Jordy, and Martavius
RB: Lynch and Doug Martin the one two punch. Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washington as the backups.
TE: Jared Cook

I hope the O-Line can play better this year. Similar to two years ago when they were awesome.

For the return game, I wish they could've somehow kept Cordarrelle Patterson. He was a pretty good returner that also had a couple explosive plays on offense last year where he caught and took a couple end around reverses to the house. Jalen Richard will be returning stuff now I think.

Kicking game, Janikowski is no longer a Raider. I'm not totally sold on Tavecchio.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Raiders take a look at other kickers to give him some competition. Hell, we got a great kicker and he's already in the Bay Area. Time to give him a call.

1524866357546.png

I don't really see how the Raiders got better this year. My dad is a huge Raidaz fan who is so thrilled Gruden is back in charge where he belongs. However, I see a lot of their moves as head scratchers. Josh Johnson signing is most Gruden thing ever, he may sleep with the guy. I just think they got older and did hardly anything to improve the defense. Outside of Mack, nobody scares me on the defense at all. Have signed players with a checkered past. Slowly phasing McKenzie out who I thought was doing a pretty good job finally considering the hand he inherited. I'll probably bet the under on the win total, but i always root for the Raiders to do well. I can't wait to see them in Vegas.

I am a believer in the eye test and my eyes liked the defensive linemen we got in this draft, particularly where we got them. Some real potential to either straight up upgrade or rotate with depth.

Gruden strategy was clear. Disregard character issues and health issues and hope you got a steal from the drop. If he goes 50-50 on those types of selections then we had a great draft because the talent level we got, where we got it, was amazing. Had 49ers not screwed us it would have been even better.
Kind of like the prospects for this year of Lynch gets hurt (god he is awful)

Big bounce back year for carr.

I’m expecting great things from that man this year.

Deserves it. Class act all around

A model of the new stadium going in Las Vegas. Looks nice, although I wish they were staying in Oakland.

smh Martavis.

Are you gonna come visit me when they get out here, coge?
Hell yeah VK. You're one of the guys I'd like to visit from CTG. We'll get lunch or whatever sometime when I'm out there. :shake:

Ill be going at least 1 game a year in vegas if not more, catch a golden knights game for sure too

I feel bad for the bay area, but personally them moving is nice for me

So that martavis stuff seems to have blown over, really think hes going to improve the passing game

Amari has speed but we havent has a big athletic deep threat with him

Amari is maybe the best route runner in the league, having him slot sometimes will help him so much, martavis goes deep and jordy does the quick route stuff

Ill be going at least 1 game a year in vegas if not more, catch a golden knights game for sure too

I feel bad for the bay area, but personally them moving is nice for me

It is definite that the Raiders start 2019 in LV, right? Or could they sign another 1-year lease in Oakland?

i'm considering RSW under, a lot based on thinking Gruden is a moron. Do y'all think he won't make too much of a difference?

I'd love to be talked out of this as i suck at futures plain and simple

Hmmm

I love that its being bet over but im kinda surprised, i know gruden has said they want amari to be the focal point, i hoped we might get it at 8 or 8.5

Based on everything gruden has said i wouldnt be surprised if amari leads the league in targets this year

I'm sad. Greg Papa will be gone this year. He's been a staple for the Raiders broadcast play by play for the last 21 years. In comes Brent Musberger.

And I'm worried about Khalil Mack. Him and Gruden have barely talked. Mack didn't report and i'm hoping they can come to some kind of an agreement. Mack definitely deserves the money.

Derek Carr says he likes what he sees from Jordy and he's still fast. He's got great hands, and if he still has the speed, that's a plus.

Can't wait for this season to kick off. I'm hoping for a 10-6 season. Won't be easy, but they can do it if the defense can play better this year and create turnovers.

So far in camp, Gruden isn't impressed with Martavis Bryant. Reports are Ryan Switzer and rookie Marcell Ateman have looked better.

Rams and Chargers getting more radio AirPlay down here in LA. The stuff that's on radio is split on how gruden is gonna be. Who knows

i'm considering RSW under, a lot based on thinking Gruden is a moron. Do y'all think he won't make too much of a difference?

I'd love to be talked out of this as i suck at futures plain and simple

Certainly not qualified to change your opinion of gruden but isn’t moron kinda damn harsh? He took some incredibly average qbs and got a lot out of them, no interest hearing how game passing him by, he been awful involved this whole time. Not sure he goes from being a offensive prodigy to idiot?

I truely believe he will be very good for Carr. Even older there no way I can be convinced jordy isn’t a huge boost to the wr Corp, he can catch and that team suffered from butter hands, I strongly believe he will help cooper become a pro. Jordy, cooper, Bryant (if he can stay clean) is a sick wr Corp! Cook has always been incredibly talented. Doug Marin (again needs to stay clean) has a ton left in tank!. Beast mode can get those tough yards, then Richard and Washington beast in passing game. Then let’s not forget this Oline was considered one of best in Game 2 years ago! Call me crazy but I think this offense gonna put up huge numbers!!

Defense I dunno and could suck but so what, that only matters in playoffs. These guys gonna score imo.

Division a nightmare. Chargers have a great roster. Chiefs a question mark w new qb but i trust ried will have them in every game. Donks be bad but there 2 maybe 3 excellent teams. Maybe you right and raiders all hype but I see them scoring a lot!!

Division is tough.

Chargers look like the best team in the division to me on paper and have the best offense on paper imo ... raiders and chiefs more balanced and then broncos with a great defense and crappy offense. Gonna be tough for these teams to bot beat up on each other in the loss column though. I mean 4-2 is an accomplishment

I do think switzer is going to be a big factor in the slot and with the underneath stuff, none of the rbs are great pass catchers and i think those quick routes go switzers way

Back