2017 Spring Football

WISEGUY

Pretty much a regular
Well Boys, Spring Football is almost here. Don't have the practice schedules out yet ,
but here's some early info on the Spring Game schedule dates to get your appetite going.

Spring ball gives me an early read on teams with question marks going into the season.

I'll be taking lots of notes and checking early depth charts.

GLTA

Last edited:
Nice.

I like to watch the spring games. Most of it is worthless but I do like to watch the new QB's that are playing. You can tell who will be deer in headlights sometimes.

LSU and Bama games both this weekend

Thanks Bud. Looking forward to watching them. I'm going to watch Bama's offensive scheme under Daboll , as well as Hurts and

Tua's battle at QB.They say Hurts is improving as a passer so I want to see how he looks and how they are adapting to the new

E P offensive scheme as I've got some Bama to win it all at 4 to 1 this season.

Wisconsin , Iowa will be on tonight.

Other notable games on this weekend are Notre Dame , Baylor , Georgia , KSU , Colo St. , Penn St. , Wash. , and Tennessee.

:cheers3:

Last edited:
Thanks Bud. Looking forward to watching them. I'm going to watch Bama's offensive scheme under Daboll , as well as Hurts and

Tua's battle at QB.They say Hurts is improving as a passer so I want to see how he looks and how they are adapting to the new

E P offensive scheme as I've got some Bama to win it all at 4 to 1 this season.

Wisconsin , Iowa will be on tonight.

Other notable games on this weekend are Notre Dame , Baylor , Georgia , KSU , Colo St. , Penn St. , Wash. , and Tennessee.

on the LSU side, apparently the 1s will go against the 1s......wasn't like this before....was a "draft"

really curious to see the offense, as most are

apparently the defense will be extremely vanilla

Etling is the starter at QB but O said it is still "open", as Brennan hasn't gotten to campus

donte has been taking reps on offense which is cool.....he damn sure ain't my fave CB, don't care how fast he is

And Tulane I THINK wise.....early in the day

great thread bro

Thanks Bud. Speaking of Tulane , I see Tanner Lee was named the starter at Nebraska this week . Hope Tulane has a great season .

Their Spring game is early today . Don't think I can get it here. Give me your take if you watch it.

Tulane made me some cash vs Wake in their opener last year. $$$$

Last edited:
Thanks Bud. Speaking of Tulane , I see Tanner Lee was named the starter at Nebraska this week . Hope Tulane has a great season .

Their Spring game is early today . Don't think I can get it here. Give me your take if you watch it.

Tulane made me some cash vs Wake in their opener last year. $$$$

I can't go but I got my peeps there.......crazy thing, I could throw a football from my house and hit Yuleman Stadium lol

ill post here what they say from the game

Most think the JUCO transfer Banks will be the QB at Tulane.....

my guys that are really close to the program say do not expect much this year

the schedule is tough.......Fritz has his work cut out for him

he can do it......just needs time

Thanks for the heads up , I'll be looking to see if there is a dropoff in talent in their secondary with Adams and White gone , and also if their O will be a little more dynamic this year.

We're one step closer to getting the season started Bud . :shake:

One more thing regarding Bama , Looks like both Hurts and Tua made Bama's secondary look bad in drills so far. I'll be looking at the Tides secondary as well.
Lotta young guns back there in the defensive backfield.......looks like seniors will be starting at the SS/FS spots.....they will be pushed VERY hard by the fish right behind them.....LSU has gotten back to getting top notch kids after Chief left and his lazy ways

I haven't watched the spring game yet. All reports from the last 12 months say that he is playing really well and easily would have been the starter last year if he had been eligible. Apparently, he has an extremely good arm and has garnered some rave reviews from some NFL scouts and people at the Manning thing, including Archie. I'm a little more skeptical, as I don't remember anyone sucking at a place like Tulane and then turning into a real good player when playing against better competition. Some excuses I hear are that he was injured at Tulane, that the OL was really bad there and that they kind of threw him to the wolves before he was ready. Our WR coach was at Tulane when he was there, so I think it's pretty clear that Nebraska knew what they were getting with him.

#2 QB is Patrick O'Brien. They said the race was fairly close, as he's playing pretty well also. I'm most excited about the #3 guy, Gebbia. In for the spring as a true frosh and threw for almost 300 yds in the spring game. they said he basically never leaves the facility, always watching film and asking questions. very advanced for his age, but not as huge of an arm as Lee at this point. Played at the same high school as Keyshawn Jr. who also was in early for the spring. I think he's the type of kid who could deliver a conf title. looks like they're surrounding him with some pretty good talent, NU has been on fire with recruiting of late.

I haven't watched the spring game yet. All reports from the last 12 months say that he is playing really well and easily would have been the starter last year if he had been eligible. Apparently, he has an extremely good arm and has garnered some rave reviews from some NFL scouts and people at the Manning thing, including Archie. I'm a little more skeptical, as I don't remember anyone sucking at a place like Tulane and then turning into a real good player when playing against better competition. Some excuses I hear are that he was injured at Tulane, that the OL was really bad there and that they kind of threw him to the wolves before he was ready. Our WR coach was at Tulane when he was there, so I think it's pretty clear that Nebraska knew what they were getting with him.

#2 QB is Patrick O'Brien. They said the race was fairly close, as he's playing pretty well also. I'm most excited about the #3 guy, Gebbia. In for the spring as a true frosh and threw for almost 300 yds in the spring game. they said he basically never leaves the facility, always watching film and asking questions. very advanced for his age, but not as huge of an arm as Lee at this point. Played at the same high school as Keyshawn Jr. who also was in early for the spring. I think he's the type of kid who could deliver a conf title. looks like they're surrounding him with some pretty good talent, NU has been on fire with recruiting of late.
I can attest that Tanner was running for his life behind that O line

i liked him coming out, and I liked him on the transfer hoping he would be LSU

Back