2016 NBA Offseason Discussion

[TABLE="width: 600"]
<tbody style="border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD]
josh-smith.jpg
[/TD]
[TD]73. Josh Smith
Unrestricted / Power Forward / 6-9 / Team: Houston
6.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg
Josh Smith in Houston (Part II) did not go well at all.

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Agent: Brian Dyke
2015/16 Earnings: $15,499,187
Career Earnings: $94,863,899

It wouldn't have prevented Russ turning over the ball.

Fact he turned it over more times in the Conference Finals than any player over the past 30 years says all you need to know.

Great, great gifted athlete but doesn't have the mental pedigree of a champion.

durant had 25 turnovers in the 7 game series
thats crazy for a forward
he is very lazy with the ball

[TABLE="width: 600"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]
josh-smith.jpg
[/TD]
[TD]73. Josh Smith
Unrestricted / Power Forward / 6-9 / Team: Houston
6.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg
Josh Smith in Houston (Part II) did not go well at all.
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Agent: Brian Dyke
2015/16 Earnings: $15,499,187
Career Earnings: $94,863,899

Guy should not have been in the league the last 3 yrs. awful player

It wouldn't have prevented Russ turning over the ball.

Fact he turned it over more times in the Conference Finals than any player over the past 30 years says all you need to know.

Great, great gifted athlete but doesn't have the mental pedigree of a champion.

a third competent option on the perimeter to take the pressure off wouldn't have hurt.

batum would fit nicely. replace roberson with him and okc probably wins it all this year.

OKC cannot win a ring with Westbrook and Durant rotating turns at hero ball.

They need a real PG, even if mediocre, with some grit to orchestrate and run some sets. Westbrook should really have his minutes timed so that he runs with the second unit a lot and the offense should be run through Durant.

Why is there no way he would play with GSW?

He's good friends with Curry and Iggy. They will have the cap space to work something out for the max with a few small moves.

It's certainly not no way and probably the favorite if he were to bail on the Sonics.

State taxes suck though and that would be an issue... but I would think he could make it up by blowing up endorsement deals when the team wins the next 5 championships.

I just don't see the Warriors brass risking messing up the mojo they have. Adding Durant could mess a lot of things up. If they win this one why would they want to bring in another superstar? This is a dynasty in the making. Adding Durant kind of tarnishes that tbh. And the league has already been watered down enough with superstars joining up everywhere.

I'm tired of Durant being second fiddle. He needs to be THE GUY. Dude should be winning scoring titles every fucking season.

This Noel for Teague rumor is heating up. I just don't see it happening. Teague is only signed for one more year, and he will be 28 next year. It doesn't make much sense on the Sixers end. Certainly makes sense on ATL's end, though, especially if they lose Horford.

The guy I want is Schroeder, and I'd give up Noel and a 1st round pick to get him. Seems unlikely that ATL wants to move him though.

This Noel for Teague rumor is heating up. I just don't see it happening. Teague is only signed for one more year, and he will be 28 next year. It doesn't make much sense on the Sixers end. Certainly makes sense on ATL's end, though, especially if they lose Horford.

The guy I want is Schroeder, and I'd give up Noel and a 1st round pick to get him. Seems unlikely that ATL wants to move him though.
It's not just Noel for Teague. Also includes Robert Covington and stauskas. I don't give a fuck about stauskas but Covington can play. Teague is very overrated. He averaged less than 6 assists per game as a starting pg, that's shitty. Plus he has a flat jumper, it's a line drive. Just not a fan of him.. He is not a game changer.

Joe Lacob apparently making some big changes to the Dubs' line-up.

8 spots are available.

Joe Lacob apparently making some big changes to the Dubs' line-up.

8 spots are available.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Joe Lacob -- &quot;We’re light-years ahead of probably every other team&quot; <a href="https://t.co/TmCWKwmOop">pic.twitter.com/TmCWKwmOop</a></p>&mdash; Kyle Neubeck (@KyleNeubeck) <a href="https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/744961446057021441">June 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" data-tweet-id="744961446057021441" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></twitterwidget>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Why make big changes..

You lost barely in 7 games in a series you should have won where your best player played poorly.. Add some front court depth and they"should" be back in the finals next year..

Should be an interesting offseason.

Sixers looking to move one of their big men, preferably before/during the draft. It's been reported that they want Dunn. Maybe Boston makes a move?

The problem with this is that next year's draft will feature more PG prospects than we've seen in a long time. Dunn is very good, but these guys next year might be better.

Dubs looking at KD and Dirk.

If I'm them I'm going after Batum. Dude would rock in that offense plus his defense is better than Barnes.

Cramps a player option free agent, how much are Cleveland gonna pay him. Should be huge.

agree with you there

KD, Curry and Klay would be lethal though if it ever happened.

Not sure why anyone would go after Dirk willingly.

Parsons would be a better fit than Dirk, they both can't play defense but at least one is on the right side of 30.

Dubs looking at KD and Dirk.

If I'm them I'm going after Batum. Dude would rock in that offense plus his defense is better than Barnes.
Their selling point to KD should be "let's go win a championship". I'm not sure if he wants to go here though. I think he signs another year with OKC to play with RW. Then when RW's contract is up they may go together somewhere, maybe the Lakers. Who knows though. I'd love to have him with the splash brothers and Draymond. Would be a young, strong nucleus.

I wouldn't go after Dirk though. He's too old. Great guy, great career, but he'd be a defensive liability when he's in.

They won't be chasing 73 wins next season, keeping Barnes and rolling with the same crew isn't that bad really.

I think dirk would be a nice signing if KD doesn't come. Dirk can be basically saved for the playoffs. Be the German assassin off the bench.

Hmm I'm seeing post here regarding the likelihood of the championship, but in regards to money, doesn't it logically seem more enticing for Durant to resign for a year with the Thunder and get a shit ton more next year?

Hmm I'm seeing post here regarding the likelihood of the championship, but in regards to money, doesn't it logically seem more enticing for Durant to resign for a year with the Thunder and get a shit ton more next year?

Yes. I think KD and Lebron will both do that -- sign 1 year deals with their current teams. They can get the most money doing that. Then NEXT year will be huge year in free agency. I could see both of them leaving their current teams if neither of them win the championship next season.

[FONT=&quot]Report: The Boston Celtics have offered the #3 overall pick to the Bucks for Jabari Parker. (ESPN)[/FONT]

Utah is sending the No. 12 pick in Thursday's Draft to Atlanta as part of deal that sends George Hill to Utah, Teague to Indy.

[FONT=&quot]Knicks reportedly get Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday & 2nd-round pick for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Wolves and Nuggets are discussing a trade that sends Kenneth Faried to Minnesota[/FONT]

Suns tried to trade 4 and 13 to Utah for Hayward but no dice

Celts tried 3 and 16, same result

I don't understand this move for Chicago. They get back Robin Lopez's TERRIBLE contract. I understand that they will likely lose Gasol and Noah to free agency, but I wouldn't want any parts of Lopez.

Utah is sending the No. 12 pick in Thursday's Draft to Atlanta as part of deal that sends George Hill to Utah, Teague to Indy.

Not a big Teague fan, but I like the move for Indy. They needed to do something to shake things up and Hill really didn't fit well there. I don't think Teague ever becomes a top flight PG, but maybe playing with George will help his game.

I'm very happy Teague is not coming to Philly. Shroeder is the better PG.

Suns tried to trade 4 and 13 to Utah for Hayward but no dice

Celts tried 3 and 16, same result

Celtics trying to do everything they can to move the pick. I really think a deal gets done with Philly for Okafor or Noel. They are just trying to scour the league to see if they can anything better. As long as they don't find anything else, I think the deal gets done tomorrow and Philly takes Dunn.

[FONT=&quot]The Detroit Pistons are interested in Cavaliers backup PG Matthew Dellavadova.[/FONT]

Wolves deal (rumored) is apparently Pek, Shabazz and the #5 pick for Faried and the #7. As much as I like Shabazz, I do that deal in a heartbeat if I'm the wolves. Pull the trigger Thibs!

Back