2015 Women's World Cup

I bet Canada +1150. They got a great chance to make the finals

this.

That wager looks good now that Brasil is out.
If Canada gets by England they definitely will be up to the task vs a team like Japan.

One side of the draw is very goal orientated the other side is defensive.

I had USA -2 and can't believe that girl missed the goal on a penalty kick.
I think the USA is going down. Not winning this

They play brute and bully ball. It's ugly , but it works against most teams in the world. I've given up hope that they will play an attractive style . Nothing will change as long as Wambauch is a part of the team. Germany can match them, and arguably is better skilled. Not sure we can get past them( Germany), but everyone else they should beat.

I was watching a piece on the 99 team to now and I think wambach said I wish the 11 team could play the 99 team to see who is best. 99 team should have said hey hunny we won the cup you guys got second. Sit down

I was watching a piece on the 99 team to now and I think wambach said I wish the 11 team could play the 99 team to see who is best. 99 team should have said hey hunny we won the cup you guys got second. Sit down
Well, seeing as how the refs helped both teams advance, I'd say it's a draw...

And while we're at it, how come it's alright for Wambach to accuse the ref of being biased, but when Christine Sinclair does it, she gets suspended?

They play brute and bully ball. It's ugly , but it works against most teams in the world. I've given up hope that they will play an attractive style . Nothing will change as long as Wambauch is a part of the team. Germany can match them, and arguably is better skilled. Not sure we can get past them( Germany), but everyone else they should beat.

From the little i've seen, i think germany would win comfortably...

Rapinoe being out next game is gonna suck

The midfield is atrocious, and it isn't the players fault. Ellis sucks dick.

I don't know the depth of the players in the pool, but this is basically what you hear that there are better players to play centrally in the midfield

From the little i've seen, i think germany would win comfortably...

Rapinoe being out next game is gonna suck

maybe, but I think it would be a 1-0 type game. Gotta remember that the USA has been stout defensively. I can't remember a legitimate chance the opposing team has had since the Aussie game

maybe, but I think it would be a 1-0 type game. Gotta remember that the USA has been stout defensively. I can't remember a legitimate chance the opposing team has had since the Aussie game

Germany creates offense like nothing they have faced IMO. Germany would have to have an off game for the USA to have a shot. I just don't like the lack of cohesiveness I've seen.... I haven't followed the team enough to know better but they just look lackadaisical on offensive

Germany creates offense like nothing they have faced IMO. Germany would have to have an off game for the USA to have a shot. I just don't like the lack of cohesiveness I've seen.... I haven't followed the team enough to know better but they just look lackadaisical on offensive

Getting ahead of ourselves as both teams can easily lose on Friday .

I think USA would sit deep in banks of 4 and just hope to counter if they faced Germany, and they would be tough even for Germany to break down . Think you would see a total set at 2 juiced to the under

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/e56OYW65K61/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0" class=" pinged in-view"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

wow, ummmm....at least the goalie hit the over 2.5 and the BTTS bet

France is going to really give the Gerries a good go tomorrow.
Chinese are also going to be a lot tougher for the yanks to break down. The way Wambach is playing, I do think the physically smaller Chinese will fancy their chances

not sure which way I'm going go here tomorrow.

Gut tell me the price on USA is wrong. They shouldn't be priced as this big of a fave, but you really do have to wonder if China can actually get a decent scoring chance yet alone a goal. Think I like the US TT u1.5 at +120. Seems like a 1-0 type game to me

France/Germany game tough as well, but both TT o.5 are heavily juiced, so thinking about playing o2 at -127

O/u 2 -130, Germany will probably be slight fave, but both will be plus money to win in regulation .

I will say Germany lost a little luster today, France looked the better team most of the game.

I will say Germany lost a little luster today, France looked the better team most of the game.

Yes and the U.S. seemed to finally be clicking on offense but still had trouble finishing. But how much does that have to do with the Chinese? I don't think Germany will struggle to hold possession like the Chinese did. There won't be as much nerves on the German side.

Yes and the U.S. seemed to finally be clicking on offense but still had trouble finishing. But how much does that have to do with the Chinese? I don't think Germany will struggle to hold possession like the Chinese did. There won't be as much nerves on the German side.

French were the first real test for the Gerries so of course it's a nail biter.
Whereas the US really throughout this tournament should of been winning by bigger margins.
Maybe the US are really going to win the whole thing simply because they just do what they need to do and there are all these doubters.
Right now I still think Japan might be the team to beat.

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Germany vs USA - FIFA Womens World Cup</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Tue 6/30[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]11 Germany W (World Cup)[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S1_86" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> <select id="altS1_86" name="altS1_86" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"><option value="0" selected="">pk -132</option><option value="1">-½ +154</option><option value="2">pk,-½ +111</option><option value="3">pk,+½ -197</option><option value="4">-½,-1 +200</option></select>[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_86" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +146 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L1_86" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> <select id="altL1_86" name="altL1_86" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"><option value="0" selected="">o2 -132</option><option value="1">o2½ +140</option><option value="2">o1½ -221</option><option value="3">o2,2½ +111</option></select> [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowMid"]
[TD]7:00PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]12 USA W (World Cup)[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S2_86" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> <select id="altS2_86" name="altS2_86" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"><option value="0" selected="">pk +117</option><option value="1">+½ -174</option><option value="2">pk,+½ -126</option><option value="3">pk,-½ +169</option><option value="4">+½,+1 -240</option></select> [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_86" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +218 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L2_86" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> <select id="altL2_86" name="altL2_86" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"><option value="0" selected="">u2 +117</option><option value="1">u2½ -155</option><option value="2">u1½ +191</option><option value="3">u2,2½ -126</option></select> [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]13 Draw[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M3_86" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +222 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>USA vs Germany - FIFA Womens World Cup - advance to Finals</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesCommentsRow"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<cite>extratime and shootouts included</cite>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Tue 6/30[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]14 Germany women advance[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_91" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -138 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]7:00PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]15 USA Women advance[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_91" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +118 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I took a flyer on Aussie to advance

Dutch were dangerous just lacked the final pass or touch in the final 1/3. Aussie has the speed to cause problems

No idea on the other match

Please just give us USA/Canada for the title on July 5th:prayer

I took a flyer on Aussie to advance

Dutch were dangerous just lacked the final pass or touch in the final 1/3. Aussie has the speed to cause problems

No idea on the other match

Please just give us USA/Canada for the title on July 5th:prayer

pretty obvious choice bro :)

I played the Aussies +1/2.....they have a decent little attack IMO.

I think USA takes care of Germany personally...not sure how I'll play it yet but I'll be on us somehow.

as pointed out earlier in this thread, the French finally have spoken

France's Camille Abily lit into FIFA for forcing her side to play against Germany in the quarterfinals.
Friday's matchup between France and Germany provided an abundance of entertainment, but France's Camille Abily was displeased with how early in the tournament the two teams were forced to meet.
Abily was interviewed in French sports paper L’Équipe following her team’s disappointing loss in the quarterfinals, and believes FIFA planned the matchup.
Here's the translated transcription, via Deadspin:
Isn’t the main frustration at having to face Germany so early in the competition?
“Yes, unfortunately, we are going back to that but FIFA did not conduct a real draw. This is not to blame them [for the loss] but why don’t we do it like the boys? A1 is Canada and for the rest, we would’ve be drawn randomly according to our seeding (*). Do not tell me that for the World Cup, there wasn’t anybody in Moncton! At some point they have to stop taking us for idiots ... I’m sorry but if they did a real draw, maybe we would not have played Germany or the United States after. Inevitably, it’s frustrating even if we knew this from the start. The hope was still to go all the way, as we proved Friday.”
Germany defeated France 5-4 in a penalty shootout after the game remained tied 1-1 after 120 minutes.
This article from SI.com's Grant Wahl explains exactly how the two teams faced one another, which gives some insight into why Abily was upset:
When I asked FIFA why it would arrange a likely marquee matchup between No. 1 and No. 3 in the quarterfinals, a spokesperson noted that the Women’s World Cup is different from the men’s World Cup. Basically, FIFA feels like it needs to put certain teams in certain cities to sell tickets and in certain time zones to help with TV ratings back home.
“Similar to previous draws for FIFA Women’s World Cups like Germany in 2011, teams are seeded ... and allocated into specific groups for ticketing and promotion reasons,” the FIFA spokesperson replied. “Whilst the interest in the FIFA Women’s World Cup has grown significantly over the last years, the success and great interest from the public in the tournament in Germany in 2011 can’t be compared to the Brazil [men’s] World Cup. Filling the stadia is a FIFA and host association key objective. The allocation of teams to venues, the ticketing and promotion plan and the ticket price strategy are among the key factors for the overall success of the event.”

CIx336dVEAAMthv.png:large

well done, it always seem to be like that hey, a team with adversity and backlash always seem to perform when it matters most. If the US play against England, they will win easily.
Japan on the other hand...the size difference should help them big time.

that has got to be the worst way to lose.... an own goal in stoppage time?? Jesus.
USA is going to beat Japan, the last two games for Japan they've been treading with dangerous water and the US are actually just heating up.

I think it will be interesting to see if Ellis goes with Abby or not to start. I think it might be wise to start her in this one simply because she will be a great weapon in the air

germany -1 (-107) england +1 (-108)
ML -186/+486

agree with both of you, but i think i'm just going to pass altogether....GL

I'm having a hard time seeing England compete defensively and i just can't see Germany not scoring 2+ goals themselves.

Germany TT o2 +100

Back