2015 Women's World Cup

Great job on the Swiss game Mike.

p.s. Your inbox is full. Keep an eye on the Glenorchy game in Australia starting right now if you're still up (45 goals allowed in their last six games!)

:cheers3:

thanks fellas, but that Nigeria game was a disaster so really barely made it out. Cameroon with a goal in the 90th to really change the handicap.
Today nothing really speaks out to me, I see the potential of unders as a lot of the matchups have teams that are rather conservative.

Mexico will fancy their chances England who are rather inept infront of goal. There's more at stake here for England as they can't go 2 games without a point. Mexico face France in their final group match so knowing they probably have a better opportunity here for a win.

Brazil/Spain, this on the men's side this would be rather mouth watering...on the women's side, it is rather one sided but at the same time the Brazilians only go for the kill if they are attacked upon. Spain really screwed it up vs CR had every right to win that game but came out with a very disappointing 1-1 result. Now they are in for a reality check against veterans. However, Spain aren't going to get pasted, it's all about possession, keep the ball away, this should be a midfield battle.

South Korea/CR...what a major no bet, I ain't betting Korea this price. I also can't back CR as they are not good either. I'd like to see the same result that happened in the IC/Thailand game but CR isn't as established as Thailand and South Korea really have every right to be favored but risky to back someone who doesn't really score consistantly.

I'm going guess that the Asian ref from the France game won't be doing much more work this tourney

Colombia basically scored on the only two chances they had. France dominated but Colombia was good on defense

Colombia player deliberately had a hand ball in the box, and not only did she not get red carded no pk was call. The ref was horrendous

I had o2.5 live, tough loss

Colombia basically scored on the only two chances they had. France dominated but Colombia was good on defense

Colombia player deliberately had a hand ball in the box, and not only did she not get red carded no pk was call. The ref was horrendous

I had o2.5 live, tough loss

scored on 2/3 SOG :-)

Japan and Brazil are the only teams that pose any real value for To Win the Cup bet.

US team better figure shit out it's not looking too good for them.

@SportsInsights: Women's World Cup faves

Germany +185
USA +280
France +710
Brazil +1000
Japan +1300
Canada +1500
England +1850

http://t.co/xWO5o2FEEp
Canada, LOL. Only way we're winning anything is if we manage to get every game scoreless to penalties - never seen a team with such a lack of creativity on offense. Between Sophie Schmidt booming the ball a good 10 feet off the mark every time she passes the ball, Melissa Tancredi whiffing on shots a 5 year old could convert and Christine Sinclair not playing deep enough for some reason, this team doesn't even deserve to get out of the group stage.

Having seen them live, I'd say Germany is the best bet. After that, Brazil and Japan would be the best value like Mike said, while the US is just too out of sync to make +280 worth anybody's while...

the fact that Colombia can sit back absorb pressure and get a result pretty much says to me that this is as wide open as it has ever been.

the norway spread seems hight to me... norway's coach said he's not going to be running up the score to get goals... just looking to make the team better... but 5-0 still possible with that strategy lol

No one wanted to lay the -10000 on Germany. I took the under 7.5
i was feeling good at halftime with the 1-0, now 4-0

looks like the dogs did their bit.

I just can't bet the next set, all are going to be so conservative. Only kiwi's are the ones that have to play aggressive.
Canada are through with a draw but want to top the group to ensure they avoid the big guns

how many goals is the Nigerian keeper going gift the USA tomorrow?

I played USA -1.5, think they can put up a number here. then I think I'll play under their 16 match.

Flawed team offensively and not sure they can right the ship to win this thing. though still think it is pretty wide open. Not sure there is a "great" team in this tourney.

Some interesting matches coming up.

I wonder if Cameroon/ Swiss will be happy with a draw? Both teams could advance with that and the odds on the tie sure dropped.

Sweden is in a must win situation.....could be tough against the Aussies however.

Not likely to happen butBrazil could really throw a curve ball into everyone's plans....if they let Costa Rica beat them tomorrow CR would advance lol.....and Brazil already has advanced so who knows?

Just some thoughts.....break a leg!!!

Cheers

Some interesting matches coming up.

I wonder if Cameroon/ Swiss will be happy with a draw? Both teams could advance with that and the odds on the tie sure dropped.

Sweden is in a must win situation.....could be tough against the Aussies however.

Not likely to happen butBrazil could really throw a curve ball into everyone's plans....if they let Costa Rica beat them tomorrow CR would advance lol.....and Brazil already has advanced so who knows?

Just some thoughts.....break a leg!!!

Cheers

well remember that 4 of the best 3rd place finishers still move onto the next round.
As of now China, Canada, Germany, Norway have automatically moved on
Netherlands are in a good position with 4 points, Thailand's GD is just wayyy tooo massive, Sweden/Australia both should be able to qualify, a draw would work best but even if they lose the GD will be a big difference as you can count Thailand out.
Cameroon is really the question mark...they currently have a 5+ GD and this could be huge for them, the goal here is not too lose by a massive margin.

The CR/Brasil angle is great, Brasil has locked up top spot so handicap might be a good play there.

Agree USA going to truck....Wambach and Morgan going to to start supposedly....should get a lot of chances hopefully Wambach can Put something on frame tonight.

The media have been on a rampage against this team. It's like they expect the team to win 5-0 every game. Look the team isn't the greatest out there but they also aren't losing so I don't understand the barrage they get. This is a good opportunity to test out their O against a very leaky D, give the team some confidence heading into the Round of 16. If the US can average 2 goals a game they will win because the D is pretty sound. We will have a very good look at how Morgan and Wambach are feeling things out.

You just don't see the US only -1.5 favs to a really poor defensive team.

Jezuz jumping....2-1 Cameroon......nice call on the total Mike......kinda regretting running out at 11:45 pm last night to get those odds on proline for the tie....thought it was an "Italian agreement" when I saw the odds drop near +200. Oh well, shit happens! Glad it was proline and not online!!!!
Also on the USA -1.5......if the US get 3 corners, they should cover lol!

Cheers!

Can't believe these refs and linesmen. That no goal was ridiculous

how many chances do the USA women want? Finish already

Really strange that the USA wouldn't try to score to get some confidence going. Should've been 2-0, 3-0. Refs screwed the spread. Sad

Got screwed on that offside call that cost a goal but my gosh the passing looks just awful by this team....it had to be the turf as they are overshooting everyone on through balls.

Got screwed on that offside call that cost a goal but my gosh the passing looks just awful by this team....it had to be the turf as they are overshooting everyone on through balls.

yup... do not like what i have seen so far

the missed handball was in the box as well i think...

Us fans couldn't have asked for a more favorable draw to the semis ..

France/ Germany quarters , those might the two best teams

Round of 16

China vs Cameroon
USA vs Colombia
Germany vs Sweden
France vs South Korea
Brasil vs Australia
Japan vs Netherlands
Norway vs England
Canada vs Swiss

I think most are overlooking the potential Japan vs Brasil Quarters....that is where I think you'll find the eventual champion.
Canada should be able to overcome the Swiss, think their D is going to hold out pretty well but if the Swiss go up early and Canada is forced to play catchup...then they are in trouble.

Think it will be the US vs Gerries, Brasil vs Canada in the semis

Any chance Matheson makes it back? Between her being out and Schmidt on crutches, not feeling too optimistic at this point.

USA TT o2.5 @ 1.96 5u
1H o1.25 @ 2.09 10u

Its here, the time where the US has to fess up and show they are in this for the next week. I get it, a lot of people are poking fun at Hope Solo and any off field shit the team goes through but from experience, the US team both men and women are easy targets. Yet they continue to just press on. No one wants to see the US succeed and it really is the US vs the rest. Now they face a Colombian team that still amazes me how the fuck they got here. They are not good and for them to start shit talking about the US...you have to be a complete idiot. They were EXTREMELY lucky against France...like don't know how the fuck they got a win let alone a clean sheet.
The US needs to be clinical, I really really doubt the Colombians are going to score here. This is the best opportunity for the US team to get their offence in check, that 1-0 scoreline vs Nigeria is not a good reflection of what that game really was.
I expect Wambach AND Morgan to get on the score sheet today, Colombians are terrible in the air, so set pieces and corners will be what the Americans will look to for an attack.
3-0 or 4-0 for me. I expect a fast start in the 1H and a lot of chill out plays in the 2H

USA TT o2.5 @ 1.96 5u
1H o1.25 @ 2.09 10u

Its here, the time where the US has to fess up and show they are in this for the next week. I get it, a lot of people are poking fun at Hope Solo and any off field shit the team goes through but from experience, the US team both men and women are easy targets. Yet they continue to just press on. No one wants to see the US succeed and it really is the US vs the rest. Now they face a Colombian team that still amazes me how the fuck they got here. They are not good and for them to start shit talking about the US...you have to be a complete idiot. They were EXTREMELY lucky against France...like don't know how the fuck they got a win let alone a clean sheet.
The US needs to be clinical, I really really doubt the Colombians are going to score here. This is the best opportunity for the US team to get their offence in check, that 1-0 scoreline vs Nigeria is not a good reflection of what that game really was.
I expect Wambach AND Morgan to get on the score sheet today, Colombians are terrible in the air, so set pieces and corners will be what the Americans will look to for an attack.
3-0 or 4-0 for me. I expect a fast start in the 1H and a lot of chill out plays in the 2H
BOL, going to be a fun match after that guarantee by Columbia's captain

Back