2015 Women's World Cup

stuck with Japan/Swiss...both sides can be vulnerable, this Japanese squad hasn't looked the same like their run last year. Swiss making their debut and have a ridiculously hard build to this playing the Germanys, US, Swedes, Norwegians and Brazilians.
Price is also a bit off here as the Swiss are no where as shit as other teams that should be this big of a dog.

Swiss TT o1 @ 2.31 5u
Swiss TT o1.5 @ 3.45 1u
Swiss +0.5 @ 2.52 1u

I think these are the two that will qualify but my instinct tells me that the only reason the Japs are this heavily favored is due to their experience and status but not much so their current way of play.

I think 1-1 1-2 Swiss.

i know very little about futbol but the usa defense in the box is disgusting... feel like im watching an eastern conference nba team

Swiss deserved a result in that one..Had the better chances for sure

Questionable pk call, but what irritates me is that if you are going call a PK on the keeper, how do you just give a yellow? That is a red, its like the Ref was questioning her call so she just gave a yellow

US gave me the result I needed, although a bit of a stutter there, Solo deffo helped out a bit. They better wake the fuck up when they play the knockouts.

Great job Mike...great write ups...Think there will be some value going against the US women, I could see Nigeria giving their defense some fits

[SUP][/SUP]The 2015 tournament saw the World Cup expanded to 24 teams from 16 in 2011. Canada received direct entry as hosts, and a qualification tournament entered into by 134 teams was held for the remaining 23 places. With the expanded tournament, 8 teams will make their Women's World Cup debut at the 2015 tournament. All previous Women's World Cup finalists qualified for the tournament, with established nations Germany, Japan and the USA all among the pre-tournament favourites.
The tournament will use the Hawk-Eye system as goal-line technology for the first time and will also be the first Women's World Cup to be played on artificial turf. Players expressed concerns over potential injuries from the artificial turf, but a legal case asking for matches to be moved was dropped in January 2015.

France Team Total o1.5 @ 1.90 5u
Outside of Germany/US the French are considered as one of the top teams in the tournament having only loss 2 games in the last year and also giving the Gerries defeat. They bolster a very experience squad with a lot of players who play at top European squads. However the knock is that they choke come the big tournaments, so the question remains when it matters most can they deliver?
England on the other hand come in knowing very well who the French were since they were knocked out by this team in 2011. Revenge will be on their mind but the 2015 French squad are more prepped then before. Mark Sampson hasn't named a starting XI and word has it he won't have a same starting XI for each game. This could be mind games, but it also could be very bad for team chemistry. Traditionally speaking the English have had a very hard time beating the French in recent memory, French haven't lost in their last 6 and have scored 2 or more in their last 4 meets.
The French will have a very similar squad from the 2011 WWC and 2012 Olympics, there is a good mix of veteran leadership and youth. The likes of Gaetane Thiney will not be denied on the score sheet for long. A very command offence, they have shown in their build up they can score, and score at will. Defensively they are quite stout, a rather patient group at the back with Renard and Gorges, there is size on the team as you'll see from most western European squads so set pieces will be crucial.
It would be quite the upset if England do manage to pull it off, as so far their goal seem to be "lets try and make it pass the Q Finals" compared to Frances ambition to win it all.
Neither team falls into the category of absolutely shit so don't expect 8 goals here, patience and clock management is the key. If the French go up early 1-0 things open up. If England goes up 1-0 they will attempt to lock down, but in the women's game lock down D is a rare thing.
Think France will set the tone here and aim for a clean sheet
2-0

Spain Team Total o2.5 @ 1.75 10u
Spain 1H -1.5 @ 2.82 2u
Spain 1H -1 @ 1.97 5u
1H o1.5 @ 1.90 5u

Big stuff here, this is a one sided affair another ass kicking in the making. This is Costa Rica's debut and there has been a lot of positives going for this program, since they hosted the u17 WWC last year, they also were at the the u20 WWC which of course they were crushed. So nevertheless it's a young program but there is potential....that's pretty much all they got for them.
They are now playing against a very well seasoned Spanish team whom I feel are still missing that edge to break into the top 5 but they have the right tools to be competitive. The typical team that beats up on really crap teams but against the bigger foes they tend to be cast aside.
Spaniards are lead by their star Veronica Boquete, who plays amongst some tough clube foes in Germany. This squad has very good team chemistry since most played at youth levels together. This is also their WWC debut believe it or not, so the excitement and challenge is there. They played a much more balanced game with primarily focus on possession based football a very typical Spanish approach.
The importance of getting goals early on here cannot be stressed, the Spaniards know they will be in for a run vs the Brasilians and could possibly lose to the South Koreans. So it fits right for a goal tally here. They will play a 4-2-3-1 formation and will dictate the pace in the midfield. Attack early and often and step the foot off the gas pedal. I can see this being 5-0

I'm playing Mexico ML I just want to see how much higher I can get with them, I have them at 2.4 and 2.45 but this game also is bewildering, Colombia is another really crap team!

You see the weather report for Moncton? Light rain and wind gusts between 30 to 50 km/h. Rain might not be a big deal for the first game, but wonder about the drainage by the time MEX/COL take the field.

Good luck.

I'm playing Mexico ML I just want to see how much higher I can get with them, I have them at 2.4 and 2.45 but this game also is bewildering, Colombia is another really crap team!

I agree Columbia is total shit but I don't like the line movement going on right now in this game...its a strange one to say the least...I had the opener at Mexico -116 and now I see Mexico +143

You see the weather report for Moncton? Light rain and wind gusts between 30 to 50 km/h. Rain might not be a big deal for the first game, but wonder about the drainage by the time MEX/COL take the field.

Good luck.

It's artificial turf drainage not an issue

Mexico better save me from this shit Spain result right now.
I don't know what you guys got but I managed to only pull the trigger on the two posted lines of 2.40 and 2.45 wasn't going to put too much into it.

No good today guys, French had every opportunity to score more than 2, was not clinical enough.
Spain...chokers essentially they had every possible chance but could not convert so the real winners were Costa Rica there.
I swear the South Americans outside of Brazil are notorious of either scoring or conceding late. The money movement there could of played a roll.
On to tomorrow!

Mike ....how's it going? Took awhile to find you here after you mentioned posting at another site on CM the other day and didn't see you at PL so finally found you here and had to join to get your insight on footy....don't think I'm stalking you lol but the soccer talk at the other forums leaves a lot to be desired!

Anyways, just wondering what's your thoughts on the Holland/China game? Holland didn't impress me much against the Kiwis and I thought China's defense stifled Canada pretty well in the opening match...even thought I think Canada had some jitters and should play better tomorrow. I was thinking there could be some value in the +0.25 for China but would love to hear your take on the match before I dive in.

I'm already on the Germans -1.5 and thinking of taking a wee punt on the -2.5 as well. Obviously, I can see them going far in the tourney.

Also backed large the homer bet of Canada -1.......like I said I think the jitters will be worked out and Herdman's history and knowledge with the kiwis should play into Canada's hands IMO. Wanted to back the -1.5 but couldn't do it until I see some offence from the Canucks so opted with a bit of insurance instead. Would love to see lots of offence actually because then we would get more views of that hot goalie for New Zealand!!!

Finally, I don't know what the hell to make of the Thailand/Ivory Coast game lol. I would think the Africans would be used to playing stiffer competition and should prevail but at -150, Im not sure there is any value and with my ignorance of these 2 teams it may be best to pass.........unless of course you have some insight/angle that would sway me .

Thanks in advance and if you can't get back to me, I understand.....there are time constraints and probably lots of people picking your brain presently. A lot of folks just don't get the time it takes for you to freely provide the insight/analysis you have done over the years.

Break a leg on your punts!

Cheers mate

NBAFan88........cheers

Gsro........No, I don't know the fella but I do recognize that username as well as yours from another site.

I guess I missed the boat on Ivory Coast as the price went up 30 cents overnight. I can't see any value left there but it's hard for me to judge those 2 teams in that match going by their opening game.

Still kinda like China with a handicap but will sit contently with my Canada and Germany punts for now and hopefully get TO Mikes thoughts on today's games before I pull the trigger.

Break a leg today guys and gals!!!!

Cheers

Germany/Norway o3 @ 1.81 5u
1H o1.5 @ 2.09 3u
Germany TT o2.5 @ 1.98 3u

Don't be fooled by the 10-0 scoreline, the Germans were clinical and pretty much were playing against a bunch of amateurs. It could of been more of a bloodbath but it was only the 2nd time that there has been a DD scorer at a WWC and the other time it was also the Germans who scored 11 past Argentina. Now they face a much more adequate foe in Norway but not so much to the point where they will be hampered.
The only chance Norway has here is to contain the Germany midfield. Their D is mediocre and I will be absolutely shocked if Sasic doesn't score again here. Germany has too many offensive weapons for Norway to contain, so the question is, just how many goals does Germany want to score? Right from the start the Germans will dictate the tempo just like they usually do. Essentially Germany has no threat until the knockout rounds, this is just another day where Mittag, Sasic, Popp do work, the defence is stout but won't be challenged. The only way Norway scores or competes is if the Germans get complacent which rarely happens.
A focused Germans here can book their passage to the next round with a big win.
4-0 for me.

Ivory Coast/Thailand o3 @ 1.84 5u
1H o1.5 @ 2.04 5u

This game is going to be a scramble, both sides know this is where they can get the points but there is 0 chance they can points elsewhere. Both coming off a pasting in their 1st match and really the goal for them is to score a goal.
Essentially Ivory Coast is physical and Thailand are fast pace passing team, there will be a lot of cards here simply both sides will be desperate for a result. The price is suggesting the lesser of two poor teams, IC pretty much made an expected debut against the Gerries so now they are hoping they can step it up a little with a win vs a physically smaller Thailand team. Both teams will definitely want to get pretty aggressive on the offensive end so there will be quite a bit of a scramble.
Advice is to not look at the teams past results as Thailand are really the only team in the South East Asia region that actually has an organized women's group, the rest are filled up with women who can just tie on a soccer shoe.
Ivory Coast to are part of that product where the rest of the region really has nothing to offer. So it's troubling to see IC who are making their debut and are considered to be the worst team in the tournament to be 1.50 favs against Thailand.
I cannot back a team this short and are just terrible themselves, but I can see why they would be rather aggressive from the get go.
1-0 is not good enough, both sides with leaky D the question is do they have a proficient O to get anything going.
I will be doing more ingame bets here.
Thinking we see a 3-1 type of game.

Not betting on the other two games.

Canada/NZ
I still will not wager on Canada as this big of a favourite without knowing they can score consistently. They should win but they have been involved in 6 straight 1-0 games. Not worth wagering on the -1 when really they can't seem to get to 2. However, the D has kept them in their games, and I don't see NZ posing any sort of threat to the Canadian backline. They were rather inept vs the Dutch and now facing a tougher D a 0-0 result is what they can hope for. Canadian coach John Herdman previously coached the Kiwi's so there will be some enticing stories to talk about. They really need to get that offence going, think Herdman will continue to aim for that clean sheet but I really can't back u0.5 knowing the potential of a minor slip up.
Canada ML should go on rotators.

China/Netherlands.
China definitely will feel rather hard pressed that they didn't get a draw. A silly foul at stoppage time was the difference between a draw and the loss. Confidence would be up. If you look at their recent play it's easy to just think they are terrible, they are currently on an 11 game winless streak. However, they have given all the teams they've faced a really hard time, England, Germany, Brazil, Sweden all have a pretty tough time against a rather disciplined Chinese team.
I expected more from the Dutch vs Kiwi's, but my god that was a brutal game to watch. If anything the Chinese may feel they have a pretty good chance here with a more disciplined squad and hope the Dutch get complacent and slip one pass.
I just don't want to get involved with teams that just cannot score. As you've seen I've backed teams that really are out to attack, whereas these 4 teams mentioned really rely too much on their D and hopes the opponents make mistake rather than being aggressively seeking that goal.

No bets for me on these.

I'll second that lol!!

Hopefully the Canucks can pull something off to help my day!!
Also have China +0.25 at evens....thought that game started at 7 so a late post but nil nil at the 24 minute mark.
Headed to Montreal in the morning to catch the 2 games on the weekend!

Thanks again Mike!

Hope everyone has a great and profitable weekend!!!

Cheers

Think i like the under in USA game, PIA should keep them organized in the back.

Some of her comments were a little unprofessional , but she was right that Abby should be a sub. I hope that happens when Alex Morgan is fully fit

Thailand win was great to see, as we continue to see a lot of over priced teams. Canada same deal, what a disappointing game.
Don't have a lot of time in regards to write ups, will be in and out but here's what I will be playing.

Switzerland/Ecuador
Switzerland 1H -1.5 @ 1.75 10u
1H o2.5 @ 2.99 2u
Switzerland -3.5 @ 1.88 5u
Both halves o1.5 @ 1.79 5u
Ecuador o0.5 @ 3.10 1u

Australia/Nigeria
Nigeria TT o1.5 @ 2.02 5u
1H o1.5 @ 2.09 7u
Nigeria ML @ 2.61 3u
Both teams to score both halves @ 7.10 1u
o3.5 @ 2.29 3u

USA/Sweden
No Bet here, there's a lot at stake not just for the sake of the group but for rivalries. Pia wants to beat the US badly. May very well see the same situation with Germany/Norway luck be a lady tonight. I'm not willing to take this much of a risk when both sides will be rather conservative.

Japan/Cameroon
Going to wait this one out for in game, not too sure what to make of it, need to see how Japan handles playing against lesser opposition and if they are interested in running up the score or get too complacent and allow Cameroon a chance.

Lol I was getting worried. What a complete collapse by Ecuador. That second goal just made them stop caring

Back