2015 Opening Day Player Tracker - Free Agent Signings, Trades, Imports, etc

also a lot of talk around here about Kemp to the Padres, and the Dodgers flipping those prospects for Hammels

wait, what? Porcello is the best player in that deal. I'm hoping to god this doesn't happen. cheap, 25 year old SP whose been on the rise for four years in a row or 30 year old cuban corner OF with a .310 OBP

its actually pretty even, both are about 2-3 WAR

in general the hitter is usually more valuable to break that tie, but Porcello is younger which probably makes it even

you can't just look at the OBP and say he's shitty, the power more than makes up for it, his wRC is above average

So the Cubs got Lester, the Red Sox got Miley and the Dodgers are signing Brandon McCarthy...can't wait to see who gives Amaro pennies on the dollar for Hamels now that all his leverage is gone

hmm, wonder if there is any truth to the kemp to san diego rumors, wonder if Phillies like something Padres have prospect wise

its actually pretty even, both are about 2-3 WAR

in general the hitter is usually more valuable to break that tie, but Porcello is younger which probably makes it even

you can't just look at the OBP and say he's shitty, the power more than makes up for it, his wRC is above average

30 year old corner outfielder more valuable than a 26 year old SP? cespedes has nice raw power but that really hasn't translated that much. he finished 68th in mlb in OPS, sandwiched between Trevor Plouffe and Matt Carpenter. a corner outfielder.

cespedes isn't a bad player. he's overrated IMO because of his rookie year and home run derby... but he's still an asset. just not one I would trade porcello for.

30 year old corner outfielder more valuable than a 26 year old SP? cespedes has nice raw power but that really hasn't translated that much. he finished 68th in mlb in OPS, sandwiched between Trevor Plouffe and Matt Carpenter. a corner outfielder.

cespedes isn't a bad player. he's overrated IMO because of his rookie year and home run derby... but he's still an asset. just not one I would trade porcello for.

looks to be a done deal....

The Boston Red Sox continue to make moves to help their rotation.
The team agreed to trade outfielder Yoenis Cespedes to Detroit in exchange for starting pitcher Rick Porcello,according to Fox Sports 1’s C.J. Nitkowski. MLB.com’sJason Beck also reported the deal.
Porcello, though just 25 years old, has six seasons of big league experience under his belt. He owns a 76-63 record to go with a 4.30 ERA and 1.359 WHIP. Last season, he went 15-13 with a 3.43 ERA and 3.15 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
The Red Sox will have control of Porcello for 2015, after which he’ll become a free agent.

n kemp deal, padres will receive about $25M to offset $107M to go. grandal, wieland and a prospect go to LA

Wonder if the Tigs pay up for Scherz now … any Mud Hens ready to replace 33 wins?

Love the trade as a Tigers fan. Tigers do not hit in postseason. That's the problem. Get a few left handed relievers. Make it hum. Leggo.

reds owner ordered payroll. gm jocketty responded in short order w/ simon, latos trades. reds trying to lock up great cueto

I like Suarez. But Tigers have abundance of similar middle if. Iglesias should be everyday barring injury.

crawford stuff ain't great but he's top 2 in some ranks in their system and suarez former top pick...crazy...and simon sorta sucks..fluke year

ya I mean anything for him really

he doesn't strike anybody out, he walks guys, his BABIP last year was super low

at 33 last year it was his 60 ip more than he had ever thrown in a season

guy has disaster written all over him for this year

Back