2007 BCS
National Champions

champ-2003-bcs.jpg

2003 BCS
National Champions

champ-1958-nat.jpg

National Champions

NCAA Baseball Championships:

<!-- / championships --> <form name="eMailer"><label>Tell your friends about DandyDon!</label> <input name="email" class="search-term" type="text" size="26" value="Enter Address Here"> <input class="search-sub" type="button" value="Send">
</form>
<!-- / #spread-box--> DandyDon is proud to recognize David Toms as a great ambassador of the Tiger Nation.
<!-- / #col-lft --> <!--
--> <!-- LSU vs. TCU - August 31, 2013 - 8:00 P.M. Kickoff (ESPN)
0 Day, 0 hour, 0 minute

--><!--end#countdown-area-->
<!--/.col-ctr-content--> SHARE:
FB
Tweet

<!--/.social-share--> FONT SIZE:
font-upfont-down
<!--/.font-resizer-->
[h=3]6/30/15 5:55 am CT[/h]Good morning, Tiger Fans,
The hot topic of discussion among Tiger Fans is the news of defensive tackle Trey Lealaimatafao being kicked off the team. The dismissal stems from an incident that occurred a couple of weeks ago in which Lealaimatafao was arrested for rummaging through an unconscious man’s pockets and then punching the man’s girlfriend in the face when she tried to stop him. As reported earlier, this was Lealaimatafao’s third “incident” since arriving at LSU. First he punched through the weightroom’s glass window in a fit of anger, and then later he was arrested for stealing a bicycle. It’s obvious that Lealaimatafao is a young man with some serious issues, and I hope this dismissal pushes him to get the help he needs.
As for the other three players who were indefinitely suspended in a separate issue – Anthony Jennings, Dwayne Thomas and Maquedius Bain – I’ve heard from several of you who asked me how their suspensions affect their participation in team workouts. I have confirmed with LSU that the three will not be allowed to take part in any team activities (i.e. summer workouts, fall practice, games) until/unless their suspension is lifted. As for how long their suspensions will last, I assume that will depend on how the legal process plays out. So far, no timetable has been indicated

This is about as good as I can find if Steele doesn't do his preseason injuries/suspensions/transfers page this year

According to reports like this one from the Advocate, wide receiver Avery Peterson has decided to transfer away from LSU. Peterson reportedly announced his decision on Facebook in a manner that was very respectful and courteous to LSU, saying that he’ll always have a spot in his heart for LSU and will always be a Tiger. Peterson, the brother of former LSU All-American cornerback Patrick Peterson, came to LSU with a lot of fanfare but struggled to see the field after suffering a preseason injury in 2013. Last year, once he finally recovered from his injury, he found himself low on the depth chart behind a star-studded cast of receivers including Travin Dural, Malachi Dupre, Trey Quinn and John Diarse. With three years of eligibility remaining, I hope Peterson lands someplace where he can showcase his talents, and I know I speak for Tiger fans everywhere when I wish him the best of luck wherever that may be.

whats with all these guys just doing stupid shit? i see it more prevalent in CFB then anywhere else...

Summer time...coaches on vacation

Also there are a shit ton more CFB players than CBB players and CFB is under much more of a microscope

Even I agree that problems come from either same players or same teams. Thankfully there are not many dui charges on CFB players. My cousin works with a Los Angeles DUI attorney and keeps telling how athletes rarely care about drunk driving and end up ruining their careers.

Toronto Mike, the realty is these kids who are getting in trouble at college brought this baggage with them from wherever it is they came from. Kid who gets DUI on campus did the same thing in HS. Kid who stole "whatever" did the same thing in HS. White guys, black guys doesn't matter. Summer time only enhances it I imagine for reasons Dwight said.

LSU announced yesterday that Travonte Valentine, who in 2014 was the No. 2-ranked defensive tackle according to Scout.com and No. 3 by Rivals.com, is leaving the program. According to this article from Jim Kleinpeter of NOLA.com, sources close to LSU say that Valentine “failed multiple drug tests and missed an excessive amount of class time after enrolling last fall.” Considering all the struggles Valentine went through to become academically eligible and all the help LSU tried to provide, it is puzzling to me that the young man would not do the simple things that are necessary to be a part of the LSU football program. Oddly enough, Valentine will join Clifton Garrett, the former LSU linebacker who recently transferred out of the program, at Arizona Western Community College. Valentine is the third player from the 2014 signing class to leave, as Trey Lealaimatafao was kicked off the team recently after being arrested for robbing a man and punching a woman in June. Let’s hope the bleeding stops here and the Tigers can keep the rest of the team intact for the 2015 season.

<!-- end Twitter feed --> <!--/.twitter-wrap--> <!--/.twitter-bg-->

champ-2008-bcs.jpg

2007 BCS
National Champions

champ-2003-bcs.jpg

2003 BCS
National Champions

champ-1958-nat.jpg

National Champions

NCAA Baseball Championships:

<!-- / championships --> <form name="eMailer"><label>Tell your friends about DandyDon!</label> <input name="email" class="search-term" type="text" size="26" value="Enter Address Here"> <input class="search-sub" type="button" value="Send">
</form>
<!-- / #spread-box--> DandyDon is proud to recognize David Toms as a great ambassador of the Tiger Nation.
<!-- / #col-lft --> <!--
--> LSU vs. McNeese State - Saturday, September 5th, 2015 6:30 PM (SEC-Alt)
37 Days, 8 hours, 15 minutes, 4 seconds

<!--end#countdown-area-->
<!--/.col-ctr-content--> SHARE:
FB
Tweet

<!--/.social-share--> FONT SIZE:
font-upfont-down
<!--/.font-resizer-->
[h=3]7/30/15 5:50 am CDT[/h]Good morning, Tiger Fans,
Yesterday turned out to be a very newsworthy day as Coach Les Miles held his annual meeting with the Baton Rouge Rotary Club and dished out lots of information. What made the event even more informative was that East Baton Rouge district attorney Hillar Moore was also in attendance, and afterwards he spoke briefly to the local media about the case involving Anthony Jennings, Maquedius Bain and Dwayne Thomas. Basically what was learned, according to reports I’ve read (like this one) and tweets from media who were present, is that the case against the three players could be dismissed very soon. Hillar reportedly said that the victim in the case (the person who allegedly had items stolen from him by the three LSU players) has requested the charges be dropped. Hillar also said that if this case did not involve athletes, the charges would have probably already been dropped, but that he wants to take his time and make sure he gets it right. Reading between the lines, I would not be surprised at all to see the three players in question back on the team when fall practice starts a week from today.

Bet the guy who is dropping charges just found himself a season ticket upgrade

• Barrett Sallee retweeted
    Jim Kleinpeter@JimKleinpeter <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166); margin-right: 5px;"> 23m23 minutes ago</small>
    Story: #LSU DL Maquedius Bain transferring per Tweet @lsufball, @geauxtigers http://s.nola.com/EW62nMW via @nolanews
    View summary2 retweets1 favorite<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply js-tooltip" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" title="Reply" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Reply</button>
    <button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionRetweet js-tooltip" title="Retweet" data-modal="ProfileTweet-retweet" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Retweet2</button>
    <button class="ProfileTweet-actionButtonUndo u-linkClean js-actionButton js-actionFavorite js-tooltip" type="button" data-original-title="Undo favorite" style="color: rgb(255, 172, 51); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Favorited1</button>
    <button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-tooltip js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" title="More" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">More</button>

Later in the day, senior offensive lineman Jonah Austin announced that he is transferring from LSU. Austin played in five games last year with no starts and was expected to only see action as a reserve again this year. Austin is the 8th player since January to leave the team for one reason or another. Here’s what Austin had to say about leaving LSU: “I would like to show my deepest gratitude to Louisiana State University for four of the greatest years of my life. Not only have I grown as a competitor, but they have also given me the opportunity to complete my education which was an extremely humbling accomplishment. It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that I will complete my final year of eligibility elsewhere. I leave giving my sincere best wishes to the brothers I have made and I hope they continue to progress onward. #foreverLSU”

he gone, so it doesn't matter, but....

As for Maquedius Bain who was involved in the same incident as Jennings and Thomas and recently announced that he will be leaving LSU, Miles said he was never reinstated to the team. There have been no details given for why Bain was not reinstated. Jacques Doucet of WAFB tweeted that he suspects Bain might have been been ordered to do some running and conditioning to be reinstated and refused to do so. That sounds pretty plausible to me.

"Big blow to #BYU. Cougars announce RB Jamaal Williams (over 2500 yds in his career) has withdrawn from school and will redshirt this fall."

"Jamaal Williams was one of the better RBs in CFB. #BYU will really miss him..Cougars play #Nebraska, #Boise, #UCLA & #Michigan in Sept"

-Bruce Feldman

wow no skin in the game but that early schedule is ridiculous, they'll win one of em

I'm not sure if it will result in any suspensions or missed time, but there several Auburn football players that got in a pretty big fight with some of the basketball team. They've managed to keep it pretty quiet despite that it was in the middle of campus. One of the football players involved was Duke Williams, who could certainly hurt their offense if he's unavailable for any game action

Also, not that it matters, but Saban said yesterday that freshman RB Bo Scarbrough was suspended for the first 4 games. He is recovering from an ACL injury and wasn't going to play anyway. I got the impression by the way he said it that it was somebody other than him suspending him, so I'm guessing an eligibility/benefits issue rather than discipline

I'm not sure if it will result in any suspensions or missed time, but there several Auburn football players that got in a pretty big fight with some of the basketball team. They've managed to keep it pretty quiet despite that it was in the middle of campus. One of the football players involved was Duke Williams, who could certainly hurt their offense if he's unavailable for any game action

Also, not that it matters, but Saban said yesterday that freshman RB Bo Scarbrough was suspended for the first 4 games. He is recovering from an ACL injury and wasn't going to play anyway. I got the impression by the way he said it that it was somebody other than him suspending him, so I'm guessing an eligibility/benefits issue rather than discipline

Duke Williams missed practice today. Potentially related?

News to me.

EUGENE, Ore. -- Oregon running back Thomas Tyner is out for fall camp and is expected to miss the season after shoulder surgery. Coach Mark Helfrich confirmed that Tyner would not take part in fall camp, which opened on Monday. Oregon does not announce injuries as a policy. But players confirmed that Tyner had surgery on his left shoulder and his return this season was doubtful.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...b-thomas-tyner-fall-camp-expected-miss-season

Rumors are out there that he is done at Auburn. If true, he must have done something really bad

Rumor going around is that Duke got in a physical argument with an assistant coach, Dameyune Craig. If true, the precedent from last year is I believe a 4 game suspension

Vandy starting WR CJ Duncan (soph) is out for the year with a lower leg injury. He started 9 and had 441 yds (15.8 ypr) on the season, which led all Vandy wideouts.

Rumor going around is that Duke got in a physical argument with an assistant coach, Dameyune Craig. If true, the precedent from last year is I believe a 4 game suspension

the man is a drama queen and am wondering if he is a cancer that should just be cut loose.

Rumors that Bryan Mone, a DT for Michigan, could be out for the year with a leg injury. Would have seen serious time, if not a starter.

Thanks for sharing these sfbuckeye. Below are a few helpful things

http://www.philsteele.com/miscpages/Injuries/Out for Year.html
That is Steele's list. It is not comprehensive but he does a better job than anyone else out there

If you go to twitter and find @CTGSchrute then go to my favorites...I have favorited every CFB injury/suspension/transfer that I have seen this offseason. It is NOT comprehensive but it's the best I can do with work, family and twitter. Hopefully between this and Steele, we have caught at least 95% of things. For instance, Steele is missing BYU RB Jamaal Williams at present time.

Thanks for sharing these sfbuckeye. Below are a few helpful things

http://www.philsteele.com/miscpages/Injuries/Out for Year.html
That is Steele's list. It is not comprehensive but he does a better job than anyone else out there

If you go to twitter and find @CTGSchrute then go to my favorites...I have favorited every CFB injury/suspension/transfer that I have seen this offseason. It is NOT comprehensive but it's the best I can do with work, family and twitter. Hopefully between this and Steele, we have caught at least 95% of things. For instance, Steele is missing BYU RB Jamaal Williams at present time.

Good tips, appreciate it.

Back