• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

2015 nba offseason

ArizonaKid

Pretty much a regular
Wanted to get this thread up so I could comment on these 2 things:

1) Detroit picks up Ilyasova from the Bucks for Caron Butler and Shawne Williams. Think it's a great move by the Pistons as long as Illy can stay healthy, he is only 27 has 2 years left on his contract at 8 million a year and I believe a cheap buyout of the last season too. Going to fit great as a stretch 4 w/ Drummond down low.

Butler and Williams on non-guaranteed deals so the Bucks are giving Illy away to create cap space to re-sign Middleton though I'm pretty sure they have plenty of cap space.

2) Would the Nuggets do the right thing and please hire D'Antoni to give us the second coming of the Doug Moe era ? Already have the right PG in Lawson and need to utilize the advantage they have playing in altitude and run teams out of the gym.

Last edited:
Wonder what impact (if any) Arn Tellem joining the Pistons might have down the road in luring free agents. It's nice to dream at least...

Arn Tellem Client List Highlights

[TABLE="class: sbn-data-table"]
<tbody>[TR="class: ui-state-even"]
[TD]Player Name[/TD]
[TD]Player Name[/TD]
[TD]Player Name[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: ui-state-odd"]
[TD]Anthony Davis[/TD]
[TD]Al Horford[/TD]
[TD]Russell Westbrook[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: ui-state-even"]
[TD] LaMarcus Aldridge (free agent)[/TD]
[TD]Joe Johnson[/TD]
[TD]Mike Dunleavy (free agent)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] Marc Gasol (free agent)[/TD]
[TD]Brook Lopez[/TD]
[TD]Terrence Jones
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Mario Hezonja (draft prospect)[/TD]
[TD]JJ Redick[/TD]
[TD]Bismack Biyombo[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Derrick Rose[/TD]
[TD] Omer Asik (free agent)[/TD]
[TD]Joel Embiid[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] Brandon Knight (RFA)[/TD]
[TD]Danilo Gallinari[/TD]
[TD]Donatas Motiejunas[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Tyreke Evans[/TD]
[TD]Kelly Olynyk[/TD]
[TD]Quincy Pondexter[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Bojan Bogdanovic[/TD]
[TD]Pau Gasol[/TD]
[TD]Brook Lopez (free agent)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Jabari Parker[/TD]
[TD]Greivis Vasquez[/TD]
[TD]Robin Lopez[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2015/6/5/8734687/arn-tellem-nba-client-list

Wanted to get this thread up so I could comment on these 2 things:

1) Detroit picks up Ilyasova from the Bucks for Caron Butler and Shawne Williams. Think it's a great move by the Pistons as long as Illy can stay healthy, he is only 27 has 2 years left on his contract at 8 million a year and I believe a cheap buyout of the last season too. Going to fit great as a stretch 4 w/ Drummond down low.

Butler and Williams on non-guaranteed deals so the Bucks are giving Illy away to create cap space to re-sign Middleton though I'm pretty sure they have plenty of cap space.

2) Would the Nuggets do the right thing and please hire D'Antoni to give us the second coming of the Doug Moe era ? Already have the right PG in Lawson and need to utilize the advantage they have playing in altitude and run teams out of the gym.

Yeah, never saw that trade coming. Good fit.

I'm all for that hire in Denver for capping purposes.

Interested in seeing what happens with Cousins and Love... one of them should be a Celtic I think

I know cousins is a great talent but I would want no parts of him. Headcase

Corey Brewer can play on my team any day.

I know he didn't do anything in his 2 games w/ the Lakers but I have always been a fan of Vander Blue.

Spurs must resign Danny Green.

Tristan Thompson has been great this postseason but has already turned down 4/52...how much does he think he is worth ? What's 10 and 10 with good post & pick n roll D (but not a rim protector) get you on the open market ?

My sleeper FA is one of only 3 players to shoot >= 50% on 2 point FG's, >= 35% on 3's (and average 1 make a game), average >= 17 points and 6 boards a game....all while being 23 years old or younger.

The First 2 guys are Nowitzki and Durant.

My sleeper FA is one of only 3 players to shoot >= 50% on 2 point FG's, >= 35% on 3's (and average 1 make a game), average >= 17 points and 6 boards a game....all while being 23 years old or younger.

The First 2 guys are Nowitzki and Durant.

Tobias Harris

Corey Brewer can play on my team any day.

I know he didn't do anything in his 2 games w/ the Lakers but I have always been a fan of Vander Blue.

Spurs must resign Danny Green.

Tristan Thompson has been great this postseason but has already turned down 4/52...how much does he think he is worth ? What's 10 and 10 with good post & pick n roll D (but not a rim protector) get you on the open market ?

I think he will get like 4/60ish range

Tobias Harris

Correct. He is only 22. Not saying his ceiling is that high but he has big upside.

I saw a list of the top 25 free agents and he wasn't even on it lol. Restricted FA but somebody is going to go after him hard, close to max deal money hard. Orlando going to have to think about what to do since they have the 5th pick in the draft plus Aaron Gordon.

2016 NBA Championship Odds from Westgate LV Superbook

CAVALIERS 9-4
WARRIORS 5
THUNDER 5
CLIPPERS 10
SPURS 12
BULLS 12
HAWKS 20
PELICANS 20
ROCKETS 20
WIZARDS 30
PACERS 30
GRIZZLIES 30
RAPTORS 30
BLAZERS 40
MAVERICKS 40
HEAT 30
CELTICS 80
BUCKS 80
PISTONS 80
JAZZ 80
SUNS 80
LAKERS 80
NUGGETS 80
KNICKS 80
NETS 100
KINGS 100
76ERS 200
MAGIC 200
WOLVES 200
HORNETS 200

Very interesting trade.
Hawes can be really nice addition to the Hornets.
Stephenson can do a lot of things in LA, both good and bad. Wonder what chemistry he will have with CP3...
Didn't Hawes took smaller contract to sign with a contender just a year ago? If so, he is f*cked...

Hawes a year ago:
"Even taking a little less money, this opportunity was too exciting to pass up," Hawes told Yahoo Sports on Friday night. "I've had a taste of the playoffs before, but being a part of this team will be just incredible. You get to a point where you really realize what's important, and I was thinking: 'What would my 12-year-old self have done? What would he prioritize?' It was this opportunity and what they're building with the Clippers."

Clippers really taking a chance there. Not sure how he fits, i assume they are going to start him at small forward. Think Doc could have gotten a draft pick out of the Hornets as bad as they wanted to dump Stephenson.

read Hornets are thinking about what to do w/ Barnes with one year left at 3.5 million...no brainer to me to keep him at that price.

On those NBA odds for next season I like the Cavs of course and only value I see is in the Spurs and Rockets.

Rockets? Don't think so.

I also don't think that Clippers are taking that much of a chance. They were dying to replace Barnes for a while now and Doc clearly doesn't like Hawes, after hardly playing him in the playoffs.
Lance is low risk - high reward type of player.
If he is playing good, he is a steal. If not, they can cut him next summer...

Rockets just reached the Western Conference Finals w/out their starting PG and a double digit scorer in Motiejunas. I think they will bring over Sergio Llull to play pg next season, Josh Smith may resign on the cheap since he finally found a home and just got paid by the pistons, should get a useful player w/ the #18 pick in the draft, sign some cheap 3 point shooting and this team is top 3 in the West next year. Do I think they are better than the Warriors or Spurs...no but all it takes is one injury and the Warriors are a young teaam they might get distracted by the success this offseason.

Lance in LA is just not something I see going well...

He has to stop the childish behavior and grow up

Mike Malone said the Nuggets will "run with purpose [and] use the altitude to [their] advantage" this season.

Denver's personnel is well suited to a fast pace, ranking third in the league with 98.7 possessions per game this season. Kenneth Faried averaged only 28.7 minutes and should benefit from a larger and more stable role under Malone, though some uncertainty remains about his future in Denver -- ESPN's Kevin Arnovitz reported a few months ago that Faried "isn't well liked [in the organization] ... He thinks he's 'the guy' and other [players] take exception to his contract." Faried will earn just under $50 million over the next four years and coach Malone already seems to be rallying behind him, saying, "[Faried] brings it every night. There's not many guys like that."

THANK GOD

:clappy::badass::money:

actually looking forward to the nba schedule being released now

Frightening news coming out of Philly as Joel Embiid suffered a setback in his recovery and their is a possibility that he may miss parts or all of next season as well. Really hope for the good of the league (and long suffering 76er fans in particular) that we dont have a Greg Oden 2.0 here.

Interesting article saying Draymond is unlikely to give GS a hometown discount. It also says he'll command a max contract. I don't think he should get a max contract.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...reen-i-dont-want-to-pretend-im-going-anywhere

Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green will be a free agent in a couple of weeks, and he's not trying to hide his intentions. The world knows that the Warriors want him back, and he said in an radio interview on Wednesday that the feeling is mutual.
"I don't want to pretend I'm going anywhere," Green told KNBR's Gary Radnich and Larry Krueger, via the Bay Area News Group's Diamond Leung.
Green is likely to command a max contract, and it seems unlikely he'll give Golden State a "hometown discount." He knows what's coming his way, as he made clear without saying a single thing after Game 6 on NBA TV:

Green is beloved in the Warriors organization and was absolutely essential to their success. The man just had a triple-double while starting at center in the game that clinched a championship. The question, really, is whether he signs a long-term deal or a short-term one. The salary cap is rising next summer, which is going to lead to some unconventional contracts. It already sounds like short-term is the way that Chicago Bulls swingman Jimmy Butler will go, and that might make the most sense for Green, too.

It's gonna be a back and forth. Draymond would be a greedy little fool if he didn't budge off max. It's such a perfect situation that he is in right now. Living in Cali with such an incredibly talented team. Yeah you can go make max money in a city like Detroit. Have fun. Ask Robinson Cano how that line of thinking worked out for him.

It's gonna be a back and forth. Draymond would be a greedy little fool if he didn't budge off max. It's such a perfect situation that he is in right now. Living in Cali with such an incredibly talented team. Yeah you can go make max money in a city like Detroit. Have fun. Ask Robinson Cano how that line of thinking worked out for him.

No he isn't being greedy. The Warriors gave Klay Thompson a max contract, and Draymond is more deserving. They have no choice now after paying Klay like that.

Don't get too excited Divol, the Bulls aren't going to let him go and will match any offer Butler gets. Wow at Butler turning down the security of a 4 year, $44 million dollar deal when he had made just over $3 million in his career to that point.

No he isn't being greedy. The Warriors gave Klay Thompson a max contract, and Draymond is more deserving. They have no choice now after paying Klay like that.

Two wrongs don't make a right lol

Klay can be a franchise player IMO. Green cannot.

Don't get too excited Divol, the Bulls aren't going to let him go and will match any offer Butler gets. Wow at Butler turning down the security of a 4 year, $44 million dollar deal when he had made just over $3 million in his career to that point.

Not sure you're right. Butler hinted before that he isn't too happy in Chicago. Not sure it will be wise to keep unhappy player on the roster...

Maybe S&T with him or something...

Btw, what do you, guys, think about an option of S&T between LA and Love?

If LA says he wants out and won't resign, it looks like a perfect deal to everyone.

Love will be a star on a playoff team, LA will get a chance at the title, Portland will get a very big return for a player that can simply walk away for free and Cleveland hits the jackpot...

Btw, what do you, guys, think about an option of S&T between LA and Love?

If LA says he wants out and won't resign, it looks like a perfect deal to everyone.

Love will be a star on a playoff team, LA will get a chance at the title, Portland will get a very big return for a player that can simply walk away for free and Cleveland hits the jackpot...
you think that LA will be battling for a title next year?

and how does portland figure into this ST between cleveland and the lakers?

LA is Lamarcus Aldridge, not Lakers :)

Trade between Portland and Cleveland. Aldridge for Love, if Aldrdige makes it clear to Portland, that he won't continue in Portland.

And Green has to have a team offer him the max to get the Warriors to match...that may not happen.

It will. Wasn't sure of that, but triple double in Game 6, made me pretty sure that at least one team will offer him max.
I think he could get the max even if it wasn't for the 2016 and 2017 cap explosion, but with it? He will get it for sure imho.

LA is Lamarcus Aldridge, not Lakers :)

Trade between Portland and Cleveland. Aldridge for Love, if Aldrdige makes it clear to Portland, that he won't continue in Portland.
okay makes more sense that you meant aldridge...wasn't sure if you were talking about your home town lakers + love etc but funny how when you say LA i first think of lakers for you

Lot of rumors about Aldridge. Some say to the Spurs. Some say to the Mavs. I love the NBA off season. So many new homes for different players.

anyone got an inkling with what the Pels do?

EG has done nothing but bitch since he got here....got paid. maybe now happy that AD is here

I see 20-1 odds for the ship....Vegas likes this team huh?

Lot of rumors about Aldridge. Some say to the Spurs. Some say to the Mavs. I love the NBA off season. So many new homes for different players.

Yessir... last year's offseason was awesome... that coupled with the draft and summer ball... its almost like the nba is in the media year round

@SportsInsights: David Blatt is -350 to return to the Cavs next season at BetOnline and -300 at Bovada.

Obviously... It's absurd it's even in discussion...

Why there are no odds about Vogel returning to Pacers or Bud returning to Hawks or even Scott returning to Lakers or Brown returning to the Sixers and there is about Blatt, who was two games away from winning the title...

Because there is a market for both sides on this and it's a hot topic. Nobody cares what happens to the coaches in other locations enough to want to put money on them.

divol, enough of your david blatt love. its reaching your lakers level love

I take back what I said about the new Bucks jerseys...

clips-jerseys.jpg

@SportsInsights: In the last five hours, the odds of David Blatt coaching the #Cavs next season have dropped from -350 to -280 at BetOnline.

Obviously... It's absurd it's even in discussion...

Why there are no odds about Vogel returning to Pacers or Bud returning to Hawks or even Scott returning to Lakers or Brown returning to the Sixers and there is about Blatt, who was two games away from winning the title...

what are you saying?

divol, i know it is espn etc

but the 3rd story tonight was on blatt's future with CLE

do we agree, that Bron says the word.....and Blat is 86'd?

and that sucks.....but it seems true

these 'journalists' say that Bron likes 'kicking him around'......wow. that what he says goes....calls every shot.

bron needs to either endorse him or not.

If Bron wants Blatt gone, I doubt Blatt will be fired.
The only way imho, Blatt will be fired, is if Bron comes out and says, either me or him.

Bron won't say that. Windhorst said that Bron won't make the move and there is no indication of that.
Griffin and Gilbert both have big respect for Blatt.
AK-47 said before that in his eyes, Blatt is better than Phil Jackson, so while it's obviously doesn't mean anything, it does show that players that he coaches, usually aknowledge his abilities and I'm sure Bron did as well.
Blatt did really great and amazing things in this playoffs. He basically managed to change the entire strategy of the team by 180 degrees, in the middle of the playoffs (Game 4 of the second round - when it was clear that Kyrie can't do much on the court) and still managed to get his team two wins away from the title.
This is really something that all the true fans of the game and reporters noticed and gave him high praises for that and Bron isn't a dumb player - he noticed it as well.
Blatt gives Cleveland the best chance to win the title and that's what matters.
Lue doesn't come close to Blatt as far as coaching skills go and any other new coach, not sure he will be any better than Blatt, but it's for sure that it will take him time to learn the team and so on.

I see no reason why Blatt wouldn't complete his three years contract with the team and lead them to a title.

Lebron isn't going to give the cavs an ultimatum. Get real please. You're acting like Blatt has some type of stature in the NBA. He has ZERO.

Lebron has 2 or 3 years left at the top of the mountain. His quest for 6 rings is getting close to failing. That's all he cares about. He wants the coach that will be best for his chances to make that happen. Is that Blatt? I really don't think so. And I really don't think Lebron does either.

And Windhorst doesn't know anything. He just says random things and hope they turn out to be true.

Back