2015 MLB HOF Inductions

Absolutely

It will be a shame if Trevor Hoffman doesn't get elected, he was nails for a fuckton of years in that role
This.

Hoffman or Billy Wagner pitch for the Yankees their entire careers, and no one thinks twice about Rivera.

And as for Biggio, sort of like if Morgan Freeman were elected to an acting HOF. Sure, he was really good in the one movie, but never a stand alone like a DeNiro or Pacino.

As for Vizquel, I think he's a HOF'er, but I also think he's a victim of the era during which he played. If his prime had been during the 80's, he'd be first ballot. Since he played during the era of the power hitting SS though, he'll be overlooked (even Ozzie would be on the bubble had he played during the ARod, Jeter, Nomar years).

As for Vizquel, I think he's a HOF'er, but I also think he's a victim of the era during which he played. If his prime had been during the 80's, he'd be first ballot. Since he played during the era of the power hitting SS though, he'll be overlooked (even Ozzie would be on the bubble had he played during the ARod, Jeter, Nomar years).

It is a shame as great defense is always overlooked but as they say "chicks dig the long ball"

[video=youtube;hKAJIvQRSzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKAJIvQRSzE[/video]

NYDN – There was never much doubt that Pedro Martinez relished the idea of intimidating Yankee hitters and plunking them when he felt like it. On Wednesday he admitted the one guy with whom he considered it personal was Jorge Posada. On Wednesday’s Daily News Live, Martinez made it clear that he still holds a grudge against Posada, claiming the ex-Yankee catcher carried their running feud too far at one point by insulting the Red Sox pitcher’s mother. “Between Latinos you don’t mention anybody’s mother,” Pedro said. “And I never forgot that one. To this day.” Martinez was on the TV show with fellow newly elected Hall of Famers John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Craig Biggio. When Daily News Live host Jonas Schwartz asked Martinez lightheartedly if he had a Yankee he preferred hitting the most, Martinez didn’t hesitate: “Posada,” he said. When Schwartz asked why, Martinez said, “Because Jorge always seemed to have a bad attitude toward me.” Under further questioning Pedro admitted to making fun of Posada’s ears at times, saying, “I call him Dumbo, but that’s no reason for him to want to kill me.” Martinez, who hit Posada only once during his career, then seemed to change course, saying he never tried to hit Posada intentionally. Yet he said the bad blood came to a head during the Yankees-Red Sox 2003 post-season brawl, during which Martinez famously threw 72-year-old coach Don Zimmer to the ground. “Believe it or not we competed cleanly, I never tried to hit him or do anything,” Martinez said of Posada. “It was just competing. But he was always mad at me for some reason. “Then he let it go a little bit too far with the Zimmer incident. Between Latinos you don’t mention anybody’s mother. I did not appreciate that. I know it was in the heat of the situation, but that’s sensitive to Latino players.

I see nobody addressed my Biggio is first ballot HOF but Lou Whitaker doesn't even get 5% on his first ballot...seriously it's utterly ridiculous that this wide a disparity ocurred.

At some point in time either Alan Trammell or Lou Whitaker will get into the HOF by the Veterans Committee which will mean the 84 World Series Champs will have a HOF player.

That will leave only 2 World Series Champions from the 20th century (not including the 98-99 Yankees that have HOF locks in Jeter and Rivera) without a HOF player in the roster...Can you name them ?

I see nobody addressed my Biggio is first ballot HOF but Lou Whitaker doesn't even get 5% on his first ballot...seriously it's utterly ridiculous that this wide a disparity ocurred.

At some point in time either Alan Trammell or Lou Whitaker will get into the HOF by the Veterans Committee which will mean the 84 World Series Champs will have a HOF player.

That will leave only 2 World Series Champions from the 20th century (not including the 98-99 Yankees that have HOF locks in Jeter and Rivera) without a HOF player in the roster...Can you name them ?
Off the top of my head, I'm guessing the Marlins team that beat tip's Indians for one (presuming Sheffield doesn't get in, although I think he should).

Off the top of my head, I'm guessing the Marlins team that beat tip's Indians for one (presuming Sheffield doesn't get in, although I think he should).

Correct...and Sheffield has no shot in this day in age because of not only the PED issue but also he doesn't score well in the sabermetric stats that weigh defense and baserunning into a player's rating...but damn he could really swing it.

That leaves 1 team to win a World Series in the 20th century with no HOF players...and they are a not some obscure early 1900's team either...fairly modern.

Last edited:
it's a shit class with the exception of Pedro, simple as that....and Pete Rose without a shadow of a doubt should be in

it's a shit class with the exception of Pedro, simple as that....and Pete Rose without a shadow of a doubt should be in

Shit class? You don't think Smoltz and Johnson are deserving? That's ludicrous...those 2 guys have been locks for the HOF for close to a decade now.

First good class of obvious guys in a while.

Yeah, I thought so too. Biggio was borderline, but I'm not upset he got in and would have to try a little bit to argue against it....but someone calling it a 'shit class' has me stumped for sure. How many HOF classes would beat this one based on the top 3 getting in? In this case it'd be Pedro, Johnson, and Smoltz...I think you'd be hard pressed to find many other HOF classes with 3 better players than those 3.

Back