***** 2014 MLB Playoffs In-Game*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they make the WS I wouldn't hedge until they fell behind in the series, they should be faves with HFA

Lose game 1, then hedge

TST, how was the Jets game bro?

Duuude. its was so much fun even tho they lost. Had like 30 mins to tailgate b/c im never on time. so i downed a beer and took shots of tenny honey. never been soooo close in any sporting event. well worth my money. will never forget that day. Enjoyed seeing peyton and this jets teams. Had hotties all around and took some nice creep shots lol. Only thing i didnt like was they stopped serving beer at halftime, didnt know that and was pissed, only bought 2 drinks.

Duuude. its was so much fun even tho they lost. Had like 30 mins to tailgate b/c im never on time. so i downed a beer and took shots of tenny honey. never been soooo close in any sporting event. well worth my money. will never forget that day. Enjoyed seeing peyton and this jets teams. Had hotties all around and took some nice creep shots lol. Only thing i didnt like was they stopped serving beer at halftime, didnt know that and was pissed, only bought 2 drinks.
Nice. you had a better time than I did lol. Always fun to sit close - it's definitely a different experience.

and tenny honey is one of my faves. good man....

The one thing I'd be worried about is that this team feels invincible right now. If they lose a game, how do they respond? Hopefully it doesn't happen but ffs they haven't lost a postseason game.

Nice. you had a better time than I did lol. Always fun to sit close - it's definitely a different experience.

and tenny honey is one of my faves. good man....
Yea dude thanx to my bro. but yo the ride back took like over 4 hrs for jersey back to ny it sucked so bad. I had like 4 beers in the back seat and finished off the tenny honey i was on cloud 9. my bro n his friend picked up 2 girls on the slow ride and i told them i was dr loveless from wild wild west lol b/c i look just like him and my bro says it all the time we all died laughing b/c they were like waaaat. and nothing better getting home and having to cook drunk b/c everyone else is useless. and i lost money go figure b/c apparently on my bday i lose bets bets any other day im good. fucking alcohol man.

Sorry u didnt enjoy urself, nothing good to talk about aiy?

Yea dude thanx to my bro. but yo the ride back took like over 4 hrs for jersey back to ny it sucked so bad. I had like 4 beers in the back seat and finished off the tenny honey i was on cloud 9. my bro n his friend picked up 2 girls on the slow ride and i told them i was dr loveless from wild wild west lol b/c i look just like him and my bro says it all the time we all died laughing b/c they were like waaaat. and nothing better getting home and having to cook drunk b/c everyone else is useless. and i lost money go figure b/c apparently on my bday i lose bets bets any other day im good. fucking alcohol man.
hahahahahah that's epic. you'll be talking about that day for a long time.

I lose bets drunk and sober, so there's that...

Yea same here but just recently things have been well. Guess you didnt see my edited post. Was wondering how your day went and if there was even 1 thing to you enjoyed hopefully?

O yea I forgot before I'm out im missing 1 thing and here it is. Been posting this since their first win. I WANNA BE A FUCKIN ROYAL BABY!!!!!

[video=youtube;nlcIKh6sBtc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc[/video]

The one thing I'd be worried about is that this team feels invincible right now. If they lose a game, how do they respond? Hopefully it doesn't happen but ffs they haven't lost a postseason game.

I looked at a snapshot of WS history (started from the year after the '94 strike: basically the postseason's modern era format) to see how teams who won less games in making the WS fared against their opposite league opponent who lost more games in achieving the same. Of the 19 WS this period covers, there were 4 instances where both WS teams lost the same amount of games in making the WS. Of the 15 left, there were 8 instances of 1 team having lost exactly 1 fewer games than their WS opponent, and 7 instances of 1 team having lost 2 or more fewer games than their WS opponent. Intuitively, one would think that the group with the greater % of WS winners would be the one in which the number of losses separating the two teams was greater (2+) by dint of those teams showing statistically the better form, but that thought would be wrong...

1 loss separating the 2 WS teams: teams with fewer losses went 7-1 in the WS

2+ losses separating the 2 WS teams: teams with fewer losses went 3-4 in the WS

Royals are currently 7-0, Giants 6-2 & Cards 4-3. If the Royals sweep the O's, they obviously must have at least 2 losses separating them from their eventual WS opponent. Oops. Seems to me - based on the above stats - like KCR would like to go 8-1 and have SF finish up at 8-2.

(I'll post this in the discussion thread as well)

Last edited:
can't remember the last time a team made a world series without at least 1 legitimate hitter on the entire roster...not sure if that's ever happened, but kansas shitty is threatening to do it with their bunch of minor league bats.

can't remember the last time a team made a world series without at least 1 legitimate hitter on the entire roster...not sure if that's ever happened, but kansas shitty is threatening to do it with their bunch of minor league bats.

they were top five, number four, in all of baseball with batting average. and they have scored the most runs in the post season and it's not close.

name one quality hitter on the entire team

i'm not sure what your definition of quality hitter is. alex gordon and eric hosmer have had solid seasons, nothing exceptional by any means. but they have had great post seasons. billy butler has been a above average hitter for much of his career. this is his worst season in several seasons.

sure, they don't have big names on their team. but to say they haven't hit is false. which i know is what you're not saying. you're saying they don't have a singular great hitter.

i'm not sure what your definition of quality hitter is. alex gordon and eric hosmer have had solid seasons, nothing exceptional by any means. but they have had great post seasons. billy butler has been a above average hitter for much of his career. this is his worst season in several seasons.

sure, they don't have big names on their team. but to say they haven't hit is false. which i know is what you're not saying. you're saying they don't have a singular great hitter.

i would consider those 3 above average as well...but far from bona-fide threats at the plate. i'm talking about a consistent .300 hitter or a guy that hits close to it with solid power...someone that is a dangerous problem for the opposing pitcher.
things are all falling into place for them in the postseason, the 2 first inning runs are a classic example of how they score. i have just never seen this before, and i'm not sure if there has been a world series appearance by a team that has no heavy bats.

Balty is smacking the ball all over, could be a big inning coming up here at some point. Dudley good to see you're back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back