***** 2014 MLB Playoffs In-Game*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for Kershaw. Seems like a good dude. Never too cocky during the regular season with all his success. It's going to take a lot to get over this having to relive this during the off season if they go on to lose.

I feel bad for Kershaw. Seems like a good dude. Never too cocky during the regular season with all his success. It's going to take a lot to get over this having to relive this during the off season if they go on to lose.

Shouldn't have been BFFs with Stafford....failure by association

i don't think it's his fault...he pitched well in gm 1 and donny boneball left him in when he was obviously gassed, and he pitched well today and they scored 2 runs off mediocre miller in support. smogers organization underperforms its talent every season, their offense is always dead in the playoffs, and they always find a way to lose the big games.

What BS from Harold Reynolds. When your O has managed 3 total runs before the 7th inning through 4 games, it's not clicking on all cylinders.

yeah was thinking the same BC. just wonder why Mattingly chose to sit him. I think that's another bad move on his resume.

cogen--from donny boneball himself...

''He's healthy,'' Mattingly said of Puig. ''Pretty simple today: We just feel like this gives us the best chance to win today, just the best chance to win today.''''He's healthy,'' Mattingly said of Puig. ''Pretty simple today: We just feel like this gives us the best chance to win today, just the best chance to win today.''

There's a case to be made for Dummy Loseball bringing in Jansen when Adams went to the plate. The game was right there w/2 on, none out & Kershaw in that danger zone of 100+ pitches. If Jansen gets you out of it, you just continue to pitch him until his arm falls off.

cogen--from donny boneball himself...

''He's healthy,'' Mattingly said of Puig. ''Pretty simple today: We just feel like this gives us the best chance to win today, just the best chance to win today.''''He's healthy,'' Mattingly said of Puig. ''Pretty simple today: We just feel like this gives us the best chance to win today, just the best chance to win today.''
thanks

wow he doesn't think highly of him. i don't like Puig's antics but I'd play him every game. i think don mattingly just sucks.

thanks

wow he doesn't think highly of him. i don't like Puig's antics but I'd play him every game. i think don mattingly just sucks.

there are some really stupid managers right now, but donny boneball really gives them a run for their losing money

What BS from Harold Reynolds. When your O has managed 3 total runs before the 7th inning through 4 games, it's not clicking on all cylinders.

In his defense, a game is 9 innings long...and we're talking about 4 games. Things tend to get way overblown in the playoffs...understandably so, but someone, or a team "slumping" is tough to say when you're talking about a few game sample.

I'm not saying they are necessarily 'clicking on all cylinders' as Reynolds said, but they have gotten timely hits that have scored runs to win games. It's what the playoffs is all about, again because the sample is so small.

thanks

Exactly. I'm not even sure how Puig not playing gives you the best chance to win, regardless of the 'slump' he's been in. As I stated in my last post, we're talking about a few games...sure, he's looked pretty awful and has struck out almost every AB, but it's baseball and it only takes one hit to get the confidence back and make him (or anyone) deadly. He may have gotten that hit last night...so Donny decides to sit him today.

In his defense, a game is 9 innings long...and we're talking about 4 games. Things tend to get way overblown in the playoffs...understandably so, but someone, or a team "slumping" is tough to say when you're talking about a few game sample.

I'm not saying they are necessarily 'clicking on all cylinders' as Reynolds said, but they have gotten timely hits that have scored runs to win games. It's what the playoffs is all about, again because the sample is so small.

There's nothing stopping HR having used the phrase timely hitting (waiting to hit a homer until men are on base is precisely that). But to state what he did after 6 innings of 1 hit ball, is to betray the fact he got carried away with the crowd emotion of the meaning of that HR, and indulged in hyperbole.

If Mattingly doesn't PH Puig in the 9th he has gone full tard and those MS-13's might take him back to save his career

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back