2014 Fantasy WR Rankings (Tiers)

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
Updated 8/29/2014

A few brief words on tiers. They are becoming more popular, so most people already understand them. I group players into tiers to maximize value of picks round-by-round. The goal is not to pinpoint certain players in drafts and target only those players. Of course there will be certain guys that you might hope to get at some point in the draft, but it's better to ignore names and rely on your tiers. Group players together who you think could have similar stats, and the goal is to get the last player available from that tier.

Onto the WR position…

As the NFL has moved to a passing league, more teams are utilizing open systems and therefore more WRs have been productive over the past few seasons. This is a great year for WRs in fantasy. The position is deep, and the top tier is filled with high ceiling players who should produce like traditional RB1’s.

I’ve mentioned before that unless you have a top 3 pick, I think the safe play is to take a WR in round 1 (TE Graham is certainly in that discussion, as well). With the lack of consistent RB options in round 2, I also think it’s a good idea to take a WR in round 2. In fact, I don’t think it’s crazy to start the draft with 3 WRs in the first three rounds, especially in a PPR league. By taking 3 stud WRs, you can pencil them in weekly and you never have to replace them (unless they get hurt, but anyone can get hurt). That allows you to use the rest of the draft on multiple RBs.

These are PPR rankings. A few guys might get some bumps, but generally the rankings aren’t much different from standard rankings.

Tier 1

[TABLE="width: 94"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][TABLE="width: 94"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]C Johnson9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]D Thomas4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Green4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bryant11[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Marshall9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Graham (TE)6[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

These are safe, stud WRs. Everyone on this list has the potential to go 90-1300-10+, and they all have very low floors. These WRs will produce like Tier 1 RBs. Because RB is so thin, I wouldn’t draft these guys before any of the top-3 RBs. But any of these WR’s could be considered beginning with #4 overall. You can debate the order of this list, but here are my thoughts.

Johnson vs. Thomas is the biggest debate I have. I need to make the decision in at least one of my leagues. Right now, I lean Johnson as the #1 overall WR due to consistency. Detroit also brought in Tate, which should lessen the amount of triple teams that Johnson sees. Johnson, however, will turn 29 in September and has had some previous injury concerns. It’s something to consider when you are nitpicking between him and the other WR’s as #1 at the position. Thomas is just hitting his prime, and his ceiling could be higher, especially with Decker gone. It’s a close call.

I’m a huge Dez Bryant fan, and I’ve owned him every year he’s been in the league. I have some concerns this season, though. I don’t trust that Romo still remain healthy for 16 games due to his back issue. If that’s the case, Dallas is left with Weeden as the backup (Orton recently retired). It’s enough of a risk for me to choose some other guys over Dez. I still would have no problem with Dez in round 2 if the other guys are gone. If Romo plays 16 games, Dez probably finishes #1 at the position. He’s that good.

I’m confident that Jeffery’s year wasn’t a fluke. First, he came into the league with a lot of hype, so his production wasn’t too much of a surprise. It’s the fact that he produced in just his second year that opened some eyes. WRs usually don’t breakout until their third years. However, elite guys like Gordon, Green, and Jones all produced before their third years, and I think Jeffrey is on that level if not better. He really didn’t do much to start the year and still finished with insane numbers. Playing next to Marshall also helps. Plus, Trestman’s system seems to fit the Bears offense perfectly. Unlike Romo, if Cutler does go down, I think whoever wins the backup job will fill in well, as evidenced by journeyman, McCown’s performance last season.

Assuming I don’t get a top-3 pick, I’d like to come away with either two WRs from Tier 1, or Graham and one WR from Tier 1.

Tier 2

[TABLE="width: 108"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Nelson9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]A Brown12[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jeffery9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ju Jones*9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cobb*9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Thomas (TE)4
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
I usually don’t like making small tiers. It puts a lot of pressure on these guys to deliver, and it’s not good to isolate just a few players in the draft. But I see a fairly large jump in risk/reward with this tier. This is the near-elite tier. These are WR1’s in PPR leagues, but they offer more risk than the Tier 1 WRs. For Julio, it’s all about health. If he plays 16 games, he’s a Tier 1 guy. The problem is that he’s never done it before. Same for Nelson and Cobb – both are coming off injuries. But with James Jones gone, they both have immense potential in this offense. Brown still seems underrated. He might not have as high of a ceiling as the Tier 1 guys because his TD potential isn’t as high, but he is a 100+ catch threat in this offense. That makes him even more valuable in PPR. He’s still only 26, so he might not have reached his full potential. 8 TD’s might not be his cap.

I’m targeting these guys in the 3rd or 4th round as my WR2 or Flex option.

*A quick note. There is a chance to come away with Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, and Alshon Jeffery in the first three rounds, according to some sites’ ADP numbers. Those are 3 impact players who can dominate weeks, especially in PPR. I rather start my team with those 3 players as opposed to taking a risk on a RB.

Tier 3

[TABLE="width: 108"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Cruz*8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Patterson10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Floyd4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]K Allen10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]G Tate9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fitz4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]V Jax7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Harvin4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Crabtree*8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sanders4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Colston*6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wright9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Garcon10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wallace5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]White*9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]A Johnson10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cameron (TE)4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]T Williams11[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gronk (TE)*
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Anyone in this tier could finish in the top-10 at the position in a PPR league. But they all have at least one question mark that keeps them out of Tier 2. I hope that a few of them bump up to Tier 2 once training camp gets underway. For now, I’d feel much better if these guys were my FLEX or bench option.

Is Keenan Allen for real? That’s the only thing keeping him out of Tier 2. He has 100 catch potential in this offense, so he could still pull WR1 numbers in PPR even if the TD’s aren’t there. There simply aren’t too many other good WR’s for Rivers to throw to.

I’m very high on Golden Tate in this offense playing opposite Calvin Johnson, discussed in another thread. Cruz should bounce back, as he will likely play more in the slot this year. In my opinion, a more natural position for him. He has 90+ catch potential, especially if the Giants younger guys don’t pan out. Eli will look early and often to Cruz. Floyd is in line for a big year. I see him matching, if not surpassing Fitz’s numbers this year. He’s also entering his prized 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] year in the league. Palmer had a decent 2013, and I expect this offense to be better in Arians’ downfield system. Floyd is a perfect fit for the system.

Garcon won’t catch 100+ balls this year with the addition of Jackson and a full season of Reed (assuming health). I still think he and RG3 have a good rapport, and Garcon should produce decent numbers in a more passing friendly system.

V Jax has been extremely consistent in his career, but I’m not sure how he will gel with McCown. It’s keeping him off Tier 2, for now. But he could bump up if camp reports are positive. Tampa seems to have the big targets like McCown had in Chicago, but the WRs in Chicago are better and Trestman isn’t coaching Tampa. Lovie Smith prefers to rely more on the run game.

I’m tempering my expectations for Patterson. For me, he should be drafted as more of a FLEX option. He’s got sky high potential, but I’m not sure what to expect from this Vikings offense, likely going with rookie Bridgewater at QB. I still expect the Vikings to be run heavy and rely on shorter passes, while incorporating the TE. Patterson is becoming too popular of a breakout and might end up being over-drafted.

I’m high on the Atlanta pass game this season. The lack of running game and no TE should allow the WR’s plenty of opportunity for major stats. But White will turn 33 in November and history suggests WRs drop in production at age 33. I’d rather grab a younger guy with potential.

Wright’s upward trend in production combined with the fact that he is entering his 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] season has me intrigued. He has 90+ catch potential if Locker can stay healthy. Even if Locker goes down, he should remain a nice security blanket underneath for whoever the backup is (Whitehurst?). 90 catches with a modest bump to 14 YPC puts Wright at nearly 1300 yards. Pending his TD total, he could be a poor man’s Antonio Brown. He’s being drafted in round 7.

Sanders’ production might depend on the health of Welker. Welker is 33 and his concussion history is well-documented. The fact that I have Sanders in this tier and not Welker shows how much confidence I have in Welker this season. I’d love to see Sanders in the slot with Dem Thomas and Latimer on the outside. With a healthy Welker, Sanders is the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] option in the offense and his production is probably capped at FLEX stats.

Terrence Williams has a lot of potential as the clear cut #2 WR in the Dallas system. He should see plenty of single coverage next to Dez. He’ll be the third option in the pass game, but Dallas should throw a ton in a new pass happy system. Can Romo stay healthy? If not, Williams could be a major bust. Randle is in a very similar situation as Williams. He’s entering the year as the #2 WR in what should be a more pass happy offense. But his production will be dependent upon Eli bouncing back. He should with better O-line play. For me, Randle passed the eye test. He’s made plays similar to what I’ve seen from guys like AJ Green and Alshon Jeffery. Randle’s problem last year was more mental. He consistently ran bad routes, which led to a lot of interceptions for Eli. Randle is a big risk/reward play because you’re gambling that this 23 year old can learn the playbook. But he’s an ideal WR4 after you draft your core starters.

Tier 4

[TABLE="width: 94"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][TABLE="width: 94"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][TABLE="width: 107"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Hunter9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cooks6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hilton10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]T Smith11[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]D Jackson10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Edelman10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Randle8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ertz (TE)7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Reed (TE)10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]K Benjamin12[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rudolph(TE)10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Decker11[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bowe6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wheaton12[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Boykin9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Maclin*7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Douglas9[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

This tier consists of FLEX options who have the potential to produce like WR2’s.

Marvin Jones had 10 TD’s last year. You can call it a fluke, but a guy who scores double digit TD’s in his second year as a WR in the NFL deserves attention. He’s getting none. Jones will enter a big 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] year. He should be the clear cut #2 WR next to AJ Green. That helps a lot. Cinncy will likely run more this year, and Jones probably won’t get 10 TD’s again. But his targets should increase, as Sanu gets weeded out of the offense. A 75-1000-7 season is not out of the question for Jones. Those are WR2 fantasy numbers. He’s going in the 11[SUP]th[/SUP] round.

Temper expectations on all of the rookie WR’s based on past history, but there have been some outliers. Cooks fits that bill. He has Drew Brees at QB, a great offensive mind in Peyton, and he doesn’t need to be the #1 option in this offense. Sproles is gone, and Cooks will fill that slot role. Colston is getting up there in years, and there is a serious chance Cooks becomes the second option in one of the best passing offenses in the NFL.

I want to put Torrey Smith higher. He’s still young enough to where his stats can improve, but I think so many things cap his value this year: Flacco is a mediocre QB, Kubiak likes to pound the ball and utilize the TE, the Ravens signed Daniels and will play in a lot of 2 TE sets. Smith still has the potential to break out, but the guys in Tier 2 are in better situations.

Hilton and Nicks should/could be higher, and they could eventually rise up the board. Luck has all the options in the pass game to have a lot of success this year. Will Pep Hamilton open up the offense? We don’t know yet. I’m not sure how Wayne rebounds off an ACL injury at age 35, so the opportunity is there for Hilton and Nicks if Luck becomes a top-5 QB. It will happen, it’s just a matter of when.

Hopkins is another guy I wish I could put higher. I don’t expect Andre Johnson to play a full year…either holding out or getting injured. He’s also 33 years old. But the Texans pass game has serious question marks, and will likely be a run first offense. If Andre Johnson somehow gets traded, however, Hopkins moves to Tier 3 based on the opportunity. Hunter’s situation is similar to Hopkins. If Locker can play a full year, Hunter will have value this year. But if Locker gets injured, Hunter’s value will be capped by bad QB play. Also, the Titans will likely try to rely on the run game more this year. Hunter is the #2 WR behind Kendall Wright, but he still has serious upside and is deserving of a late round pick.

Tier 5

[TABLE="width: 107"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Hopkins10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Latimer4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]M Brown11[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Evans7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Watkins9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Britt4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Matthews7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Austin4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kearse4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Adams9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sanu4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Stills6[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Good article on the age of decline of WRs here: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/08/27/age-of-decline-wr/

White, Andre Johnson, Welker, and Colston should be cause for concern. Colston should still have 1 more productive left year in him, but Cooks could put a dent in his stats. I won't be owning White, Johnson, or Welker. WR is loaded with younger options who could break out.

Brandon Marshall is 30, but the Bears just gave him a massive extensive which shows their confidence in him. He should still be elite this season.

Fitz is 30 and coming off a down year, so there are some concerns. But even if Floyd's stats increase, Fitz should still be productive in a pass-friendly offense.

Did you include rookies in this analysis? I just didn't see Sammy Watkins so I figured I'd ask. I may have missed him though.

Did you include rookies in this analysis? I just didn't see Sammy Watkins so I figured I'd ask. I may have missed him though.

I did. I'm working on a 5th tier, and he will be in that. He could bump to tier 4 pending on camp reports. I'm not too high on him. Bills are still run first, and Manuel is still developing. Cooks and Benjamin are in better situations to produce right away. Evans is so huge, that he has a better opportunity to produce TDs. I don't see Watkins as someone who will produce right away. He could flash a few good weeks, but I don't expect a consistent year.

I'm generally not high on rookie WR's in re-draft. Historically, they don't produce aside from the few truly elite guys. I don't think Watkins is in that category, but that Bills offense is certainly worth monitoring in camp and pre-season.

I think you're way off with your thoughts on Sammy, but I agree he won't do much with Manuel as his QB. Actually, just heard a stat that of the WRs who have been drafted in the top 5 in the NFL, only ONE had a 1,000 yd season as a rookie....AJ Green. The average for those guys was 38 catches, 680 yds, and 3.5 TDs.

I think you're way off with your thoughts on Sammy, but I agree he won't do much with Manuel as his QB. Actually, just heard a stat that of the WRs who have been drafted in the top 5 in the NFL, only ONE had a 1,000 yd season as a rookie....AJ Green. The average for those guys was 38 catches, 680 yds, and 3.5 TDs.

Good information there. Yea Watkins could develop into a talent in a few years, but he's nothing more than a WR 4/5 in re-draft leagues in 2014. He's also being drafted way too high (8th rd). He probably won't be on any of my teams.

Where would you rank him?

Good information there. Yea Watkins could develop into a talent in a few years, but he's nothing more than a WR 4/5 in re-draft leagues in 2014. He's also being drafted way too high (8th rd). He probably won't be on any of my teams.

Where would you rank him?

I agree with you that he shouldn't be ranked too high this year, I'd probably put him nothing more than a 3rd or 4th WR myself. I just think the dude is uber-talented and will be one of the elite WRs in the league w/i a couple or few years. It's unfortunate for him that he has Manuel as his QB, and the Bills don't have a 1st round pick next year to draft a QB...they may have to go the FA route, but that hasn't panned out too well for them in the past.

This year, as a rookie, and on the Bills' offense, there is no reason he should be getting drafted in the 8th round. He seems like a last 3 rounds type draft pick that you hope to get lucky with.

The talk on Tweeter is that Josh Gordon is appealing his sentence on a technicality. Wouldn't be surprised to see NFL take a relaxed stance in light of Rice situation. Gordon was a repeat offender, but a 1 year suspension for pot vs. 2 games for punching a woman really has caused a PR nightmare for the league.

If Gordon's suspension ends up being a few games, it would be very interesting to see where he goes in drafts.

I agree with you that he shouldn't be ranked too high this year, I'd probably put him nothing more than a 3rd or 4th WR myself. I just think the dude is uber-talented and will be one of the elite WRs in the league w/i a couple or few years. It's unfortunate for him that he has Manuel as his QB, and the Bills don't have a 1st round pick next year to draft a QB...they may have to go the FA route, but that hasn't panned out too well for them in the past.

This year, as a rookie, and on the Bills' offense, there is no reason he should be getting drafted in the 8th round. He seems like a last 3 rounds type draft pick that you hope to get lucky with.

Watkins making some noise in camp. I'll probably bump him up a tier but still think he will be overdrafted.

i really don't see how jeffrey can be in the top tier. frankly i don't see how 2 WRs from one team can be in tier 1. there's just not enough targets and red zone targets to go around. he or marshall has to be left out, and its definitely jeffrey that gets left out. i like him right at the top of tier 2. he just can't be in the same cat as calvin and demarius IMO

i really don't see how jeffrey can be in the top tier. frankly i don't see how 2 WRs from one team can be in tier 1. there's just not enough targets and red zone targets to go around. he or marshall has to be left out, and its definitely jeffrey that gets left out. i like him right at the top of tier 2. he just can't be in the same cat as calvin and demarius IMO

yep and yep

Watkins making some noise in camp. I'll probably bump him up a tier but still think he will be overdrafted.

He will be overdrafted for sure. At the end of the day, he has EJ Manuel throwing him the ball, and WRs who were taken in the top 5 almost never light the league on fire (AJ Green is the only one ever with 1,000 yds in his first season).

New York Jets WR Eric Decker (hamstring) is dealing with a minor hamstring issue, according to head coach Rex Ryan.

Probably ok but news to share if he has a bad preseason

I'm also not sold on Jeffrey being tier 1. You know Cutler loves him some B Marsh and a lot of those #s Alshon put up were with McCown. Not saying Jeff isnt a stud, just not more studly then Jordy or Julio to me and i could argue A. Brown or Cobb better #s.

The talk about Romo being 100 is true (he is only getting 60% of reps currently in new offense) and basically taking any cowboy is a risk with a dysfunctional org. But I could argue Cutler is just as likely to get injured, seems he does every year. And for all of Weeden's short comings and there are many, one thing he did well last year in limited playing time was get the ball to Josh Gordon in a couple of games. Of course its better to have Romo in there, but Dez will get his regardless because of 1. Linehan knows how to get a ball to his wr1, unlike Callahan ly 2. Cowboys defense is going to be piss poor, garbage pts (dez in contract yr will want those #s).

1. Calvin 2. DT 3. Dez 4. Green 5. Julio 6 Jordy for me as tier 1.
then tier 2 would be A. Brown, Cobb, Jeffrey, Gordon (if minimal susp); its really just preference, these guys are really all studs and mirror the tiers listed above.

For Gordon its all or nothing on the suspension case for weed, there is nothing they can do like suspend him for 6 games for that if they rule in his favor. Then if he gets away with that, he will have to face Goodell for DUI he got, which I would guess will be 2-8, more towards 8.

Sammy's best chance is to get the ball like he did so much at Clemson, on a screen or quick flip and let him run.

I love Cooks in NO and Floyd in ARI to far surpass many expectations. TY Hilton way under drafted too and reports today that Nicks is nowhere near where they though he would be.

Good stuff!

I am not a fantasy guru, but I expect Brandin Cooks for the Saints to do fucking WORK

Sean P aint scared and he got this new toy for a reason

Get him if you can

I am not a fantasy guru, but I expect Brandin Cooks for the Saints to do fucking WORK

Sean P aint scared and he got this new toy for a reason

Get him if you can

lovvvvvveee that guy, if he had a good qb in college i cannot imagine his stats....ppl will tell u mannion was good and i encourage them to put on game tape of that statue and then tell me. brees to cooks could be insane.

Good thoughts above. I've adjusting rankings accordingly.

I've been adjusting these rankings daily, and I've posted an update. I have slid Jeffery down in the rankings due to some unknowns. I've included the top TE's in the ranking to get a feel of where I'd draft them with respect to the other WRs. Benjamin probably had the biggest jump in rankings. He is the true WR1 in that offense. Always temper expectations for rookie WR's, but there is a huge opportunity for him in Carolina. He's also older than a typical rookie, so he may have a leg up in terms of 1st year production. I've moved Garcon down a bit. There's no way he'll reach those reception totals from last year. I'm high on the WASH offense, but it's difficult to predict how RG3 will distribute balls.

A 5th tier has been added and more players will continue to be added to that tier. It's mostly filled with young guys who could be worth a flier in the later rounds.

In the past few weeks, nothing has changed my draft strategy. If I don't have a top-3 pick, I'm going WR-WR in the first 2 rounds. In almost all of my mocks, I've been able to come away with two Tier 1 WRs in the first 2 rounds. Then in round 3, I'm usually looking at at least one Tier 2 WR and/or Ellington.

Did a few 12 team mocks drafts and i had pick 4 taking calvin and im seeing the same thing by the time i get to my 2nd pick the top tier receivers are gone but julio, jordy, alshon, antonio are left or rbs ball, matthews, tate, spiller are usually left...if this is a scenario for you with your idea that you would rather have two top tier receivers this year ..what would you do here, switch up the pick idea or stay with 2 wrs? Ellington has been going in the 2nd FYI

Did a few 12 team mocks drafts and i had pick 4 taking calvin and im seeing the same thing by the time i get to my 2nd pick the top tier receivers are gone but julio, jordy, alshon, antonio are left or rbs ball, matthews, tate, spiller are usually left...if this is a scenario for you with your idea that you would rather have two top tier receivers this year ..what would you do here, switch up the pick idea or stay with 2 wrs? Ellington has been going in the 2nd FYI

That depends on a few things. Is the league PPR? How many RB, WR and Flex positions do you start? Aside from Ellington, I don't value any of those RBs you name very highly. So I'd still go WR in round 2. If you value Ellington as a RB1, you could consider him in round 2 and hope that one of the Tier 2 WR's falls to round 3. It all depends on how you tier your RBs. I think the safer bet is to go Calvin in rd 1 and someone like Jordy in rd 2, rather than gambling on a risky RB in round 2. Sure up the WR position early with studs, then take your gambles in the mid-later rounds on high upside RBs and hope to hit on a few.

Who here thinks Jeffrey can have the same kinda year again? I don't see it personally...

I didn't watch many Chi games last season and I generally paid a lot more attention to their defense scoring or Forte/Marshall...

Who here thinks Jeffrey is gonna repeat his #s?

Who here thinks Jeffrey can have the same kinda year again? I don't see it personally...

I didn't watch many Chi games last season and I generally paid a lot more attention to their defense scoring or Forte/Marshall...

Who here thinks Jeffrey is gonna repeat his #s?

I think some people above made some good arguments against him. He probably doesn't deserve be in Tier 1, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him finish top-10.

Not overreacting to pre season week 1, but Dem Thomas is Manning's clear cut #1 option. With Decker gone, Thomas could overtake Calvin for #1 WR overall, especially if Calvin's lingering injuries pop up this season.

I want to take dt over calvin so bad but just can't do it

Me too. In my keeper league, I'll have the choice between Forte, Calvin, and Dem Thom. As of now, I'm going Calvin. But I think Dem is in for a huge year. He's just hitting his prime and he's in a contract year.

Where is gronk?

What is Cameron worth in terms of trading for a rb? Non ppr deep league. A guy with west wants Cameron or hopkins

I get the 1st 20th and 21st pics. Pretty sure I will be taking Mccoy at 1. If Marshall, Bryant, Thomas are around I will be very happy with 2 of those 3. Don't think Thomas lasts until the end of 2nd round tho. Wishful thinking. For some reason. Guys in my league go crazy over RBs. So I might have an outside chance to get him.

Where is gronk?

What is Cameron worth in terms of trading for a rb? Non ppr deep league. A guy with west wants Cameron or hopkins

He's off my board unless further news comes out on his injuries. I don't trust him and he will be drafted in rd 2-3, which is much higher than I would take him. If you think he stays healthy, he's neck and neck with Graham -- front end of Tier 2.

I get the 1st 20th and 21st pics. Pretty sure I will be taking Mccoy at 1. If Marshall, Bryant, Thomas are around I will be very happy with 2 of those 3. Don't think Thomas lasts until the end of 2nd round tho. Wishful thinking. For some reason. Guys in my league go crazy over RBs. So I might have an outside chance to get him.

Picks 1-3 look deadly this year. Starting with one of the top 3 RBs then going WR-WR is a great way to start. In mocks, it looks like the top half of first rounds is RB heavy, and the back end is WR heavy. So coming back in round 2, the front end is RB heavy and usually some very good WRs fall late in round 2. It's possible a Tier 1 WR falls who can be paired with someone like Jordy.

Marvin Jones expected to be out a while w/ broken foot. Not worth drafting now. I'll probably add Eifert into my TE rankings. He and Sanu will battle for #2 option in the pass game.

lovvvvvveee that guy, if he had a good qb in college i cannot imagine his stats....ppl will tell u mannion was good and i encourage them to put on game tape of that statue and then tell me. brees to cooks could be insane.

Sean Mannion will end up as the Pac-12s all-time passing yardage leader. He ain't bad. :-)

Dez and Thomas will both be gone...Marshall will be there...but I'm not loving the wait you will have to have to get your RB2...

You should find a decent RB2 in there sprinkled with a Marshall or someone who can anchor your WR core...

McCoy and then a Spiller/Stacey/Vareen/Bush even...much better then having to find what's further down the list...

WR seems VERY deep this year, and RB is shallow...I'd hate to not have an RB1 & 2 picked in the first three picks...unless it was just glaringly terrific talent staring me in the face...like having the 7th pick and seeing Megatron there and then coming back and seeing D. Thomas there or Dez on the way back...but even then...it'd be hard (PRR could change that...

I don't even mind sitting back and drafting my first WR with my 4th pick if I get lucky enough to snag Julius Thomas in the third...guys like Garcon can anchor a WR staff that's locked in two positions (RB/TE)

drop bowe out. susp game 1. "finger is shot - out of place 15 times"

I'm going to remove him from rankings in the next update. And now with the emergence of Kelce. Bowe might be a 3rd option with plenty of ques marks.

Funny how last year most guys on here were clamoring over how great Bowe was going to be. I was one of the few who didn't see it with Alex Smith in KC...Bowe was pretty awful last year, and doesn't look like he's going to be worth much this year. Of course, that could change...he may be getting undervalued this year, who knows.

Lions/Raiders

Golden Tate is going to have a monster year. He's going to take so much pressure off Stafford and Mega. Guy catches everything and abused the corner with a double move for his TD. Great route.

Stafford was consistently inconsistent as always but did have a nice fade/stop to 6'6" Durham. Between him, Mega and Fauria (6'7") they should live off that fade/stop in the red zone all year ala Herman Moore.

Not impressed with Ebron. He never catches anything clean, always juggling it. Granted it was a typical Stafford behind the WR across the middle throw but easily catchable.

The Lions D is going to be very aggressive this year and will generate some TO's and sacks. Could be a sleeper.

Riddick looked good.

Last edited:
Gonna have one more WR update before Friday. I will say a big riser will be Patterson from the Vikings. I had to go back and look at his "highlights" from 2013....wow. The guy looks like he's playing in a video game. My concern with him was QB play, but it seems the Vikings will at least be competent. At the very least, their QB situation will be better than Cleveland's last year. Now, Norv moves from Clev to Minny. I'm not comparing Patterson to Gordon, but the athleticism is there for sure. I think Patterson can be a top-10 or even top-5 WR. That makes him a value pick in round 5. I like him better as a FLEX option if you can grab 2 stud WR's early. I think he's risky as a WR2.

Lions/Raiders

Golden Tate is going to have a monster year. He's going to take so much pressure off Stafford and Mega. Guy catches everything and abused the corner with a double move for his TD. Great route.

Stafford was consistently inconsistent as always but did have a nice fade/stop to 6'6" Durham. Between him, Mega and Fauria (6'7") they should live off that fade/stop in the red zone all year ala Herman Moore.

Not impressed with Ebron. He never catches anything clean, always juggling it. Granted it was a typical Stafford behind the WR across the middle throw but easily catchable.

The Lions D is going to be very aggressive this year and will generate some TO's and sacks. Could be a sleeper.

Riddick looked good.

Thanks. Love Tate this year in this offense. He's extremely underrated in ADP. As for Riddick, I'm hoping he doesn't have a big role this year because I really like Bell.

re: Josh Gordon. He'll enter the rankings if there's no decision by Friday. I draft on Friday. I think I would take him in rd. 9 or 10 if there's absolutely no word on his ruling.

Back