2013 NFL Draft In-Game...

Why would the first highlight the NFLN shows of this CB from CT be one where he gets beat, badly, off the line by Shoelace?

That's tough love right there.

Did you see the "highlights" they showed for Geno? Mayock ripped him for his accuracy, amongst other things...

Oh, he crushed Geno. It was kind of mean.

At least he was nice to the CT guy. And I know why they showed that highlight, because they took the footage at the senor bowl workouts or something like that. And on the play he eventually knocked down the ball, but that's only because the ball was so late. It was just laziness, I think. They had the footage and threw it in that guy's highlight package.

But it was sort of surprising.

Manti Te'o was drafted 38th overall by the San Diego #Chargers. At least that's what he was told on the phone.

In Joe-related news: Watching the White Sox and having to listen to the Rays' announcer is like a night out with Steed. Sure, you'll get drunk and laid, but fuck if you will enjoy it and your ass is bound to regret it.

I feel like the Mathieu is either Warren Sapp and gets past the weed problem to be great, or this guy flames out within 18 months.

No - he's pacman jones.

No - he's pacman jones.

I swear to you, I almost used him as the other example only I thought that might be too harsh. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I don't hate the idea of drafting multiple QBs in a draft...your odds only increase that you find one that works out. Nassib is obviously familiar with the new coaching staff, and could provide some knowledge of the offense to EJ (and the other QBs for that matter). I hated Nassib in the first round, and many/most thought the Bills would take Nassib there, but in the 3rd round after grabbing EJ and then two positions of need in the 2nd it's not the worst idea ever.
You may not Lareux but that SCREAMS disarray......SCREAMS

cards shockingly have had a great draft imo, not often we get to say that

turning into lsu west on defense, getting the ILB they actually wanted while trading away the pick for the one they didn't want was very uncardinallike. nice move

They really gotta consider putting this back to a 2 day weekend deal

I agree, but it's not going to happen. They're all about money and this is making it for them.

I have a friend who's got ties to the league. I talked to him last year and told him how bad Thursday night football is and how it's hurting their brand. His response was 'they know, they don't care.'

It's just a cash grab for them, at least that's what it seems.

Wait, what the hell, I thought the Browns were supposed be up and all the sudden the Giants take Massib? Ain't nobody got time for that shit, ESPN.

Somehow the Browns don't have another pick until round five. They traded something somewhere to someone but I can't find it. Whatever, they're still going to the playoffs, I'm sure it'll be fine. Ha.

=)

87b23ac7c8cf13c10e6b758db6f5ad94.gif

saw a good tweet

the 2011 LSU/Bama games that everyone hated....28(and counting draft picks) on the field in those games

Can Barkley run Chip Kelly's offense???

Odds Nick Foles is completely losing his shit right now: -450

why? i am pretty sure Foles knew the birds would pick a QB in this draft somewhere. I wanted to kid from zona Matt Scott but fuck Barkley was supposed to be a top 5 pick if he left last yr. gotta have some tools! and we still do not know the exact offense chip kelly will be running, every QB they look at does not have to run like Mike Vick

Somehow the Browns don't have another pick until round five. They traded something somewhere to someone but I can't find it. Whatever, they're still going to the playoffs, I'm sure it'll be fine. Ha.

=)

Make that round 6. And with that pick, they picked a hurt guy. It's like they didn't know who to pick. At least he's a Domer. It's OK though, JoeP, team doesn't need players. All set in Cleveland.

why? i am pretty sure Foles knew the birds would pick a QB in this draft somewhere.

There's a difference between drafting a QB in the 5th or 6th round and trading up to get Matt Barkley because he's still available. That makes him more than an arm for camp, he's almost certainly making the final roster and has an outside shot at being second string or a lottery ticket for the future a la Tom Brady.

Now, maybe the Birds are going to carry four QBs on the roster into the season, but I doubt it. That means Foles has to beat out Dennis Dixon to stay on the roster. In theory that's easily doable. But Dixon's played for Kelly in the past, you've got to think his history with Kelly gives him an advantage Foles doesn't have.

At the end of the season Foles was looking like he could be the starter at least, if not the face of the franchise. Now he's going to have to fight to stay on the roster? If I were him I'd be freaking out a bit about how my career path just took a huge turn in the wrong direction.

That doesn't mean he can't fix it, just that it's been a rough off-season for the guy.

Also, I'm not going to pretend to be good a draft evaluation, so what the hell do I know, but I look at the Browns draft and it screams failure.

Again, what do I know, but with all the holes this team has and you take all of five guys in the draft, only two of whom came in the first three rounds? We'll see. I'm almost certainly wrong, but we'll see.

I'm all for bringing the draft back to the weekend but a Thursday night 1st round feature brings the $$$ that a Saturday draft of the first 2 rounds. TV ratings on a Saturday in late April can't compare..

Back