1995-96 bulls or 2012-2013 Lakers .. better supporting cast?

Ugh. I wasn't saying that his argument made sense.

I was saying that regardless of VK's opinion of whether or not Pippen was highly regarded, Pippen was highly regarded. That is ALL I was saying, and thought I made that clear, more than once. Seriously, can we set up a reading comprehension forum, where we teach guys to understand what they are reading? It could be both entertaining and educational.

That was mean

Randy Brown anyone?

LOL I think what made the 95-96 Bulls so good was they all bought into their roles. Rodman didn't want to score, just wanted to bang inside, defend, grab boards. Harper accepted the fact he was no longer a slasher and NEEDED to use whatever athleticism he had left to re-invent himself into a great defender/efficient scorer. Kukoc accepted the fact he wouldn't be starting but instead needed to bring energy off the bench (6th man of the year that season). Guys like Kerr, Jud, Brown, knew they just needed to contribute wherever possible. The bench/supporting cast was filled with guys who would love to make the "extra" pass whenever possible. I really think that's one reason why the Bulls decided to leave BJ Armstrong unprotected in the expansion draft right before the season started...he was more of a "me first" guy, it's been documented in several books about how he used to always try show up Paxson in practice to show he was the "man". Sadly it seemed like the Golden State Warriors fell for that bit during the 95-96 season as they basically played him over Tim Hardaway, which led to Tim wanting out and going to Miami.

Will say this though...would've been really interesting to see how the 94-95 Bulls would've finished the year if MJ didn't come back. Horace Grant was gone. Rodman wasn't there yet. BJ was still trying to be the man (coming off an all-star appearance in 93-94 which i'm still not sure how he got...). Ron Harper at THAT time was viewed as a free agent bust. Goodness, Pete Myers was starting lol (although he was decent defensively). Pippen seemed frustrated that season... It definitely would've been interesting to see if the Zen Master could've saved that team.

Pippen is one of the most underrated players of all time based on the sole fact that he has been sometimes referred to as overrated. His defense alone they say would swing 3-4 possessions in his teams favor every single game. Throw out stats if you have a chance to score 6-8 more points because of steals, forced turnovers or stifling defense every game your team is always going to win more games than it loses. The best complimentary player of all time doesn't mean your not one of the best ever. He's penciled in on my SF spot on every "super" team because you don't need a Kobe Bryant type scorer or a LBJ who dominated the ball on teams that include Jordan also.

Back