1995-96 bulls or 2012-2013 Lakers .. better supporting cast?

haha at the kobe/laker apologists in here ......

No one has named a more overrated player than pippen yet.. can't wait to hear.

I was an avid follower of the NBA in Jordan's day, and I wouldn't open the curtains to watch it in my driveway today, so my comments shouldn't count for much. But wouldn't the current cast around Kobe be considered a lot softer on the court than Jordan's supporting crew, and probably much less aware and/or accepting of their roles? Horace Grant, Rodman, Kerr, Paxson, Harper ... tough, clutch players. Kobe won't ever be Jordan, but I don't think it's a surprise that the Lakers blow.

I love this haha..

Someone name the player then who i smore overrated ...been nothing but crickets so far.
Umm, in order to mention someone "more over rated", don't you have to first believe that Pippen was in fact "over rated" to begin with?

Seriously .. no .. just mention someone you think was the most over rated or one of the most over rated

Well, after watching JR Smith take something like 35 shots last night, the first name that sprung to mind was Allen Iverson, so there's your "answer"...

:grin:

Well, after watching JR Smith take something like 35 shots last night, the first name that sprung to mind was Allen Iverson, so there's your "answer"...

:grin:

Its a really stupid question.. But I'm still answering it, lol.

ok a few comments ..

to clarify .. I agree that the names you posted were over rated for the most part during their career .. they aren't highly regarded players gyn.

With Melo .. I tend to agree he is highly over rated but he is mid career.

Iverson is a good one ,, I will attack the debate on him vs pippen and over rating manana when i have time to devote. At least someone brought up a viable candidate

I can't say Iverson is overrated.. He single handily brought the 76ers to the Finals vs Lakers..

lets not forget jed buechler.

kerr is 1000x better than any so called 3 pt shooter on the lakers team.
who shoots over 51% from 3?

The University of Arizona salutes you sir. (though it is Jud)

Kerr so underrated and Buechler did little that season but had his moment in game 7 of the 98 Eastern C. Finals against the Pacers.

Let's not forget in comparing the lead men that Jordan had taken a year and a half hiatus and he was much younger then than Kobe is now.

Last edited:
Someone name the player then who is more overrated ...been nothing but crickets so far.

Dude no one here but u thinks pippen is overrated!
So why start naming overrated players?!?

ok a few comments ..

to clarify .. I agree that the names you posted were over rated for the most part during their career .. they aren't highly regarded players gyn.

With Melo .. I tend to agree he is highly over rated but he is mid career.

Iverson is a good one ,, I will attack the debate on him vs pippen and over rating manana when i have time to devote. At least someone brought up a viable candidate

Lol but u don't think pippen is highly regarded? ?

Wtf u make no sense

Vader-makes-no-sense.-757597.jpg

This is hugely inaccurate. Rodman is in the hall of fame, do you think Gasol will make it there? Give me a break. Pau was one of the biggest losers in the league before joining Kobe. He has proven to be extremely sensitive and soft.

I personally watched him play over 200 games. Have you? That being said Rodman averaged 7 pts and 13 boards a game for a career. Is that hof material? No.

Don't get me wrong I loved him on the Bulls and hated him on the Pistons for the same reason. He was tenacious on d and great rebounder, but not a hofer. Neither is Gasol, but he puts up 18 pts and 9 boards a game. Not the defender Rodman was but they are close in talent depending on what you want.

I can't say Iverson is overrated.. He single handily brought the 76ers to the Finals vs Lakers..
The only reason I brought up Iverson is that for all the points he scored, that little fucker took A LOT of shots, almost to the detriment of his team (how long did they try to find a suitable backcourt partner for him?).

Lol but u don't think pippen is highly regarded? ?

Wtf u make no sense

Highly regarded in general. Pippen is on the NBA Top 50 of all time, so he's clearly highly regarded, doesn't matter VK's opinion. I'm not saying VK is right by any means, but just wanted to make sense of it for you.

Steve Francis was "highly regarded" so was Tracy mcgrady at.one point..

You have to separate who was highly regarded before their career was over and who wasn't, Wade ... Pippen, francis, mcgrady, and iverson .... maybe all were regarded highly at one point but only iverson and pippen are regarded as great players now. If the masses think that mcgrady and francis were ok to good players but not great they are not likely to be vastly over rated. Iverson is different because he is widely considered a great player by the masses. Hugh is saying he is more over rated than pippen. He may be right .. dunno yet .. will have to look closer. By my eye test the answer is that he is wrong but I will have to check the empiricals and since I consider Iverson over rated myself it makes for a good comparison.

Let me put it to you another way .... players regarded now as disappointments like V Carter or McGrady can't be vastly over rated.

"I would have to start my team with Scottie Pippen," he said. "This is why I would take Scottie: Do you remember the time that Michael retired? I watched Scottie Pippen when the Chicago Bulls weren't really good and Scottie led that team in every statistical category, and I just remembered that. Plus, he's a guy who could care less about scoring. He wants to stop the best player on the other team. That would have been pretty cool, to see Scottie guarding Michael." This is Malone talking about who he would take first on his team..

I have a hard time taking Malone seriously here but he is entitled to that opinion if he truly believes it.

I think Iverson followed closely by Dominique Wilkins are 2 of the most overrated players in NBA history.

Pippen is in no way, shape, or form on that list. He was one of the greatest defensive players ever. If Seattle doesn't make that draft day trade the Bulls dynasty as we know it doesn't exist. Derrick McKey couldn't do what Pippen did and they would never have won 6 Titles with him. Originally that pick belonged to the Knicks and if they had added Pippen to Ewing they would have won a Title, maybe two.

Pippen also goes down as one of the greatest draft picks ever, coming out of an NAIA school and being selected 5th overall in the 1987 draft.

This argument really is pointless.

As opposed to your post, I suppose. You aren't obligated to participate.

We are on a tangent with the Pippen talk ... the main point was to show how unbelievable the Laker performance has been so far this season.....and with a free and easy shot to take at a self-admitted rapist it makes for good fun too.

All of these types of comparisons are usually lacking much point ... but they are fun and sometimes interesting when you don't have to sift through elementary school thinking.

seriously go down some hot dogs VK..
yeah, i am not going to read your fucking thesis on why, how, when, where, who could be, should be, may be overrated, underrated..
ur wrong on pippen, move on

D O R K

McKey was a decent defender. Not saying he was Pippen but he was decent. Solid player. You could take the second best player off of any team and likely change history ... there is not a huge gap between the best and second best teams most years.

seriously go down some hot dogs VK..
yeah, i am not going to read your fucking thesis on why, how, when, where, who could be, should be, may be overrated, underrated..
ur wrong on pippen, move on

D O R K

Easy there champ. You don't have to read the thread if you don't want to... pretend it is a book on critical thinking and use it as a coaster.

sorry champ, going to bed.. maybe get some pussy..
we all know u wont be doing that..

night

sorry champ, going to bed.. maybe get some pussy..
we all know u wont be doing that..

night

I get my daily dose every time you show up. I am sorry that you are not a bright man and it causes you frustration and fits of rage and anger. If you took some time to improve yourself, maybe read a book once every few years, you would have higher self-esteem and be a happier sort.

The University of Arizona salutes you sir. (though it is Jud)

Kerr so underrated and Buechler did little that season but had his moment in game 7 of the 98 Eastern C. Finals against the Pacers.

Let's not forget in comparing the lead men that Jordan had taken a year and a half hiatus and he was much younger then than Kobe is now.

lol my bad AK.

I was 9 and can vaguely remember his inevitable appearance during a game thinking this goofy white guy shouldnt shoot the ball.

Interesting article...

"In the 1979-1980 season the NBA introduced the three point line. In this time frame there have been some players that have missed a lot of shots (A.I, Dominique Wilkins, Air Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Antoine Walker) but all of these players — with the exclusion of A.I — were able to shoot efficiently*. As such, Allen Iverson is the only player since the inception of the three point line to shoot as poorly and as often as he did for multiple seasons. It’s hard to consider an all-time great when you break down his stats. However, if you look at the right stats, he can make the same lists as some other all-time greats."

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/10/08/missing-shots-where-allen-iverson-is-an-all-time-great/

I think Outback Steakhouse is more overrated than Pippen..

Also think Charmin toilet paper is slightly more overrated.

I'm with wade, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Ugh. I wasn't saying that his argument made sense.

I was saying that regardless of VK's opinion of whether or not Pippen was highly regarded, Pippen was highly regarded. That is ALL I was saying, and thought I made that clear, more than once. Seriously, can we set up a reading comprehension forum, where we teach guys to understand what they are reading? It could be both entertaining and educational.

I get my daily dose every time you show up. I am sorry that you are not a bright man and it causes you frustration and fits of rage and anger. If you took some time to improve yourself, maybe read a book once every few years, you would have higher self-esteem and be a happier sort.

Go work your tout site. Or is that dun?

Back