'13/'14 Bowl Season

Agree with your thoughts on Okie St.

In all honesty OSU could have gotten up early and often if they would have ran the zone read better. I kept yelling for Chelf to keep the ball instead of handing it off. Chelf started keeping it in the 2nd half and for plenty of yards.
Anyway, both were good games, but sucked they were on at the same time.

Also so agree with you on losing interest. I'm trying to keep it bc I know there's only a few days left, but I'm worn out lol....much different mindset than I had 2 weeks ago.

Agree with your thoughts on Okie St.

In all honesty OSU could have gotten up early and often if they would have ran the zone read better. I kept yelling for Chelf to keep the ball instead of handing it off. Chelf started keeping it in the 2nd half and for plenty of yards.
Anyway, both were good games, but sucked they were on at the same time.

Also so agree with you on losing interest. I'm trying to keep it bc I know there's only a few days left, but I'm worn out lol....much different mindset than I had 2 weeks ago.

sure does wear on ya..bowls are not easy contrary to what many people think.

it is hard, and it does wear you out...assuming you're completing your due diligence.

that said, i was talking/complaining more about the timing of things.
we had an off day (due to the NFL) on 12/29, then 5 great days of bowls. (12/30, 12/31, 1/1, 1/2, 1/3) win or lose, it's been great...everything building towards the NC game. then along comes these two lower-end (to be nice) bowls, stuck in the middle of things.
why not give us these 2 days off...let us enjoy/focus on the NFL wildcards...then come back to the NC game on Monday? could've stuck these two crap bowls in on Friday night, 12/20, to kick things off. that's where these type of bowl match-ups belong anyway.

anyhow, i guess everything will be different moving forward. i just always hated these 2 "december" bowl games stuck where they don't belong...in january...fucking up the overall momentum of things.

should have one more prop to add for the NC game. but in terms of the two crap bowls filling space where they don't belong (in january) two additions...

Compass Bowl, 1/4
Houston (+2) @ -105 for 1/2

GoDaddy Bowl, 1/5
Ball St (-7) @ -105 for 1/2

these 2 bowls aren't worth write-ups, lol, but quickly...

houston has the statistical edge over vandy in every category i typically reference except one...pass efficiency defense. vandy ranks 33rd to houston's 35. otherwise, including SOS, the edge goes to houston. the largest discrepancies are in passing offense, and TO margins. look them up. anyhow, add in the relevant injuries/etc, and just see houston winning the game...so took the points.
arky st has the SOS edge, 88 to 123, but ball st is just the better overall team. they gain 1.5 more ypp offensively, while they allow .5 less ypp defensively. my PR #s made ball st a 9 pt fav. the line came down to a TD, so worth a small play.

since i bitch when i get moosed, like with wazzou...or when i'm on the short end of the stick, and just unlucky after capping something correctly...in the sake of fairness...here are two games where i lucked the fuck out, and should've lost my plays...that ECU teaser, and Iowa. neither had any business cashing, to be honest...and while it doesn't completely balance the ledger, i just wanted to point out that shit goes both ways. but, of course, it's the bad beat that makes us go off...collects the headlines...not the lucky cover. :)

disagree with your iowa analysis.. had your bet not gotten extremely unlucky with lsu basically scoring on the last play they could do so on offense from 37 yards out, you would not have had to of gotten lucky with the kick return and what I think was a missed call on the fumble.

you were getting over a td and held opponent to 302 yards of total offense while being minus 2 in turnovers and going 0-2 on fourth downs ( though one of the turnovers was one of the missed fourth downs and you can't count that twice ). I will take a td or more anytime against that kind of opponent offensive production ( or lack thereof ).

Obviously the kick return was a miracle but you had it capped right and were unfortunate to be in that position

GL! You are spot on with Okie St. Better team and played better. Refs were all over Mizzou either with terrivle calls or stopping play to confirm the clock was correct. Lol. Such a joke.

in addition to tonight's teaser, my last play of the bowl/college football season...

Winston TD passes over 3 @ -105 for .8

both franklin and mccarron hit 3 in aubbie's last two games, so don't see a reason why winston can't one-up 'em.

adios :cheers:

in addition to tonight's teaser, my last play of the bowl/college football season...

Winston TD passes over 3 @ -105 for .8

both franklin and mccarron hit 3 in aubbie's last two games, so don't see a reason why winston can't one-up 'em.

adios :cheers:

Push at worse imho, got it flat played as well.

Back