SF_capper

CTG addict
will keep this top post for updated plays

end of preseason

20-16
+.3 units

:hang::hang::hang:

Last edited:
Missed out on GS the 1st game. look for GS to be a solid preseason team- lot of position battles and young/new players to work in= more time for out better players<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
For Monday looks like we got: ATL @ ORL, Minny@ Milwaukee<o:p></o:p>
No idea what to expect as lines- expecting <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Orlando</st1:place></st1:City> to be pretty heavy favorites. 7ish?<o:p></o:p>
right now lean to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Orlando</st1:City></st1:place>. A lot of preseason is about depth and motivation- two things <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:place></st1:City> doesn't really have. After their strong starting 5, their bench is um: Acie Law, Flip Murray, Maurice Evans, and Zaza- nothing exciting. Got to see the plan as far as minutes, but right now dont see any reason for <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:City></st1:place> to play their starters any more than quarter and a half, as they already have a yr together. ..... and while typing I look back to last yr. geez... In rout to a 7-1 preseason last season, all the starters played 30+ minutes, with <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Orlando</st1:place></st1:City> getting around the average 25 minutes.<o:p></o:p>
We'll see how the teams plan to handle the minutes, but <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Orlando</st1:place></st1:City> players have motivation. Jameer in a sense must prove himself that he was worth the commitment <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">orlando</st1:City></st1:place> made for him. While, Lee, Pietrus, Reddick, and Bogans will all be fighting for minutes. Reddick is the type of player I want in a preseason game. Last yr he did well as the defenses are not as oriented and organized in the preseason. <o:p></o:p>
As far as the other game, still looking into it. So far we got:<o:p></o:p>
"Skiles knows who will start tonight against Minnesota but didn’t care to share that information. He does, though, promise to play a lot of players in various combinations in the exhibition games."<o:p></o:p>
“We may look at a couple different things,” Skiles said. “I’m not going to overplay anybody this week, that’s for sure. I’m not going to do that. Part of the challenge to me is I feel that I’ve got a good feel for these guys now in this (practice) gym. Now I’ve got to get a good feel for them in the Bradley Center, and the Palace, and. . . . So I’ll play a lot of guys.” <o:p></o:p>
-looking back at chicago's preseasons, looks like skiles doesn't play people for long. <o:p></o:p>
on the other side, <o:p></o:p>
Big Al practiced (off a knee injury that was expected to take him out for 2 of the preseasoners) and may play<o:p></o:p>
Wittman said he plans to treat the early exhibition games like practices. "We're not going to have a lot of things in," he said. "It's not going to probably look real pretty offensively. I want to see how we look defensively."
looks like defense is what Minnesota will be stressing this preseason<o:p></o:p>

of course, just waiting for newest articles to come out. Matchup wise, The 4s for Milwaukee, whether it be Villanueva, or going small with rookie Joe, will have trouble guarding either Love or Big Al. <o:p></o:p>
Definitely will see. Lean on the under depending on the number hiwhc hsold be heavy. can see game played in the low 90s here
<o:p> </o:p>

Last edited:
When asked what his approach to the Hawks’ eight-game preseason slate would be, Woodson borrowed one of the longtime Oakland Raiders boss’s most famous slogans. Just win baby,” Woodson said with a smile Sunday after the Hawks wrapped up their final practice in preparation for tonight’s preseason opener in Orlando. “It’s time to play, man. Some people view preseason game as something to get players in shape and get ready for the season.

Wittman said he plans to play 8-10 players an equal number of minutes and get the other players involved in future games.
- my guess thats: Foye, Brewer, Miller, Love, Jeff, Telfair, mccants, carnet, Gomes. -solid 9

Last edited:
Where you getting the info from? Need to see injuries and what not.. but Bucks seem to have a more experienced bench.

might just stay off the action tonight. For the Milwaukee/Minnesota game, looks like it'll be ugly. Was gettin ready for a double unit play on the under if it came out around 195, but ugh guess no preseason totals this yr like last. also, too bad BM not releasing ML prices. the Greek has them, and gotta think value is in the dogs.

As far as a side. Looks like Milwaukee will be trying a lot of different things with their rotations. The milwaukee players could try to perform extra hard for the new coach, but don't know, and can't make the play on just an assumption. Looking up and down the rosters don't see any serious matchups I like. A lot of new faces in Milwaukee, 10 to be exact- which might translate to either miscommunication, or motivation to prove their worth this preseason. no lean of yet, will update if I see something I like though

Where you getting the info from? Need to see injuries and what not.. but Bucks seem to have a more experienced bench.

mostly local newspapers. Good site is prosportsdaily.com

then NBA news, then the respective team you're looking for.

Preseason is is often just about knowing who's in/out and who's gonna be trying to prove something

good luck man... I can't bet preseason b-ball but it'll be a good time to get info on the teams.

dammit! was lazy and missed out on info in Milwaukee. Bogut sits out. was already leaning Minny, this wouldve pushed it over the top. dammit, missed out

ATL looking awesome. I think you can probably fade MLW for the next few games while they try and gel. Bogut, Redd, and Jefferson have no reason to impress the coach.

might just stay off the action tonight. For the Milwaukee/Minnesota game, looks like it'll be ugly. Was gettin ready for a double unit play on the under if it came out around 195, but ugh guess no preseason totals this yr like last. also, too bad BM not releasing ML prices. the Greek has them, and gotta think value is in the dogs.

You can get ML's at 5Dimes. I got Atlanta at +180 and Minnesota at +160. Looks like 2-0. But no totals at 5Dimes either.

well. missed out on a lot cuz I don't have Greek/5dimes accounts. Weak that BM doesnt have MLs as I would have gotten on both dogs ML. could've gone 2-0 +over 3 units, but only 1-0 +1 unit. gotta be satisfied I guess. Did a little work for 2ms games, still got lots to go. Will try to update any good news I find

one game I have my eyes on is Utah. A little playoff revenge. Utah is a pretty deep team, although Harpring will miss. Also..

"Jackson dropped hints repeatedly last week that he might not play Gasol and/or Bryant in each of the Lakers' eight exhibitions this month."

Although LA may be a bit deeper than Utah, without Kobe/Gasol Utah should take this one easily. Both coaches don't play their starters much. On the edge on this one, as LA's bench is one of the best: Farmar, Vujabitch, Walton, Vlad, Ariza, Mihm should all get serious time. Odom and Bynum may be out to prove their worth, altho reports say they're out of shape. Gotta see what Utah plans regarding minutes. Dont like Okur guarding Bynum, but will see. Utah doesn't have much to prove this preseason as its basically the same team. However, no Kobe/Pau and if Utah shows any anger toward the Lakes, I'll be on Utah

Can't wait for hoops. Gonna have a preview to the season with some thoughts in 2 weeks or so. GL in Preseason.

Does anyone know where you can watch these games online? I want to see the Blazers/Kings game tonight, but it's not on any listings, are games available on nba.com or anything like that?

Dammit writeup gone cuz of internet.

eh basically- Toronto will be playing their players in 5/6 minute spurts- which is horrible for cohesion. similiar to milwaukee yesterday- theyll be trying different lineups which typically leads to not getting into rhythm. Theyve mentioned numerous times they are not so interested in the win as its preseason only
However, Cleveland was 1-6 preseason last yr for good reason. Look for Lebron to play quarter and a half at most. I cannot bet Cavs w/o Lebron. Theyll be looking to push a bit more on offense, and press a bit on D. West out, and Varajeo is Q- which usually means out
Gun to head- Toronto because of the depth

Utah line is due to Boozer announced out:
"Utah Jazz All-Star power forward Carlos Boozer will not play in tonight's preseason opener against the Los Angeles Lakers here due to soreness in his left hamstring."

Regardless of Boozer out, still lean Utah:

"It's still in my head," Williams said. "So close, you know. "There are so many little things you could have done to make a series better, or even win the series — and I think we could have done a couple things better," the Jazz point guard added

lot more quotes similiar. Overall, think Utah has a bit of motivation in this one. Vujavic and Walton out. While Kobe and Pau ?. Harpring and now Boozer out. Lot of talk of benching Bynum because of problems with cohesion. Apparently LA feels they were doing so well last yr without him, putting him in changes so much. "Right now, they're very clumsy; they're not working well together," Jackson said. "We've got a group that played very well together last year. There are some things that we have to discuss and see how long we drag this out – or how quickly we facilitate it, because I think we have got the ability to play exceptionally well if we use all our skill players."

Does anyone know where you can watch these games online? I want to see the Blazers/Kings game tonight, but it's not on any listings, are games available on nba.com or anything like that?

You can listen to all the games on NBA.com. DUnno about live streams. I think I saw something for the LA/Utah game in a Laker forum, but I do not want to revisit that place

Lakers looked bad last season vs. Utah's scrubs in the pre-season in Vegas... I assume much of the same here. Probably looking at Utah for 2 units. When I get home I'll dig into it a bit more... but I like Utah's bench/depth in this one if Vuj/Walton are out... team is built around a couple stars and everyone feeding off them. Remove the stars.. and add in 2nd rate role players and things could get ugly.

Liking Portland tonight as well. Looks like MArtin and Miller will miss for Sac. Portland will limit their starters, but I trust their young bench. Also, Sac will be trying to instill the triangle this yr. The triangle is very very complicated, likely wayy too much for the young Sac team esp in the 1st preseason game. Portland is looking to toughen up. All the players looking forward to the season as a fresh start. Roy rushed back from injury to be able to play this preseason with everyone. Gonna play Portland, just gotta see if I can get better than 6.5. Blake is out, so Sergio is starting.

Lakers looked bad last season vs. Utah's scrubs in the pre-season in Vegas... I assume much of the same here. Probably looking at Utah for 2 units. When I get home I'll dig into it a bit more... but I like Utah's bench/depth in this one if Vuj/Walton are out... team is built around a couple stars and everyone feeding off them. Remove the stars.. and add in 2nd rate role players and things could get ugly.

Exactly. Boozer out is not too big of a hit for Utah, since he is more a product of the offense. Millsap can easily come in a put up ismiliar offensive numbers. Thinking today I'll be Utah 2 units, Portland 1

Gonna wait on Utah though, as I don't see a big difference b/w +2 and +1, however, would like +3 much better. Just hoping Laker line jumps up like they always do

Also, for Portland, since they have a b2b, they'll play Roy today, not 2m. maybe the same with Oden. Today they'll be playing their starters and contracted guys, giving the free agents time 2m

Again, sorry for not providing the direct quotes/sources I get my info from. I read this modtly all last night on my phone from the teams newspapers/websites. My computer wifi was down, so I couldnt load them up here

Hmm... good stuff on Portland... maybe that's the stronger play? Might have to go 2 units a piece on each...

BM still no ML's? That's where I'm solely invested at the moment w/ locals not taking pre-season lol

Rockets info from chron.com

Day after day, practice after practice, scrimmage after scrimmage, highlight-reel dunk after hard-nosed stop, the rave reviews of training camp keep rolling in for the reconstituted Rockets. From each other.
Now it’s time to find out if they can dazzle others as much as they’ve impressed themselves with the unveiling of the new product in their exhibition opener against the Memphis Grizzlies tonight at Toyota Center.
“For the most part, you get sick of beating each other up,” Tracy McGrady said. “You want to get out and execute against other defenses, find out just how good you think you can be.”
McGrady will have to continue wondering, because he’ll sit out the game as he continues to build back up the right knee that underwent surgery in May.
“I’m not ready to play,” McGrady said. “It’s early.…My knee is not at full strength to go out there and play basketball right now.”
But it will be the debut effort in a Rockets uniform for the newly acquired Ron Artest and the first time Yao Ming is back on the home floor for a game since suffering the broken bone in his left foot that ended his seasonFeb. 24.
Camp fun over

“We had a good training camp, and we really competed,” Artest said. “Everybody had some fun. It was definitely encouraging.
“ But I am definitely ready to get out there and see what we can do to put this thing together. I have not been more pumped up about going into a season since I came into the NBA.”
Yao, who rehabbed tirelessly to get himself in “about 70 percent” shape to play for China over the summer in the Beijing Olympics, is eager to line up and play for the Rockets, though his time tonight will likely be limited to roughly 20 minutes.
“I didn’t play the whole second half of the season last year,” Yao said with a grin. “So maybe I should play the whole game.
“Training camp is for testing. Now we need to get out and play some games to make the players excited. I know I’m excited.”
The Rockets spent a week in training camp adding new players and new wrinkles to a roster that won 55 games last season, including 22 in a row, the second-longest winning streak in NBA history.
Each day and every practice brought more glowing comments from coaches and players about the abundance of talent on hand and the way it was coming together.
Yet they all know that scrimmaging in camp and playing games — even exhibition games — are entirely different animals.
“I think you want to see how we play as a group,” coach Rick Adelman said. “We’ve got a pretty good situation as far as moving the ball in camp.
“Now you’re playing against another team. How much patience are you going to have? Are you going to be able to not rush things?
“That’s why I say we’ll find out when we play another team.
“With some of the teams I’ve had in the past, we used to say, ‘Are we playing this good offensively, or are we just that bad defensively?’
“Sometimes in camp, that can happen, where you’re not defending as well. I know it’s a hard offense to guard if you do it right. That’s why I say let’s see how we do against other teams.”
Tonight will be the first of three games this week, the next two coming against the past two NBA champions, San Antonio (2007) and Boston (2008).
The Rockets will play without McGrady tonight and without starting forward Shane Battier (foot) for several more weeks, but Adelman will not be short on bodies to use.
It will also be the first game as a Rocket for free-agent guard signee Brent Barry and for rookie big man Joey Dorsey.
Looking at young guys

The competition for playing time, fierce in camp, should continue as Adelman looks at Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry and Mike Harris up front and Luther Head, Von Wafer and D.J. Strawberry in the backcourt.
“I want to see the young guys,” Adelman said. “I pretty much know what Rafer (Alston) is going to do. You’d like to see what Ron’s going to do when you get him out there in a game.
“But it’s our young guys, to see how much they’ve progressed from last year, that I’ll really be looking at. Also, I’ll be throwing different groups out. I’ll have an idea of what I want to do as far as playing small, playing our bigs. Just take it as it goes.”

As far as the Dallas/Wash game, both teams should play well. Dallas to perform for their new coach and try the more wide-open princeton-like offense. I think Dallas should do well, although a princeton offense is not easy to adapt to quickly. Wash should also come out well. Their training camp had a lot of positives, and they have a lot of depth at most positions. WIll sit this one out and watch

Hmm... good stuff on Portland... maybe that's the stronger play? Might have to go 2 units a piece on each...

BM still no ML's? That's where I'm solely invested at the moment w/ locals not taking pre-season lol

That's actually what I was considering, although I hate going 2 units down on 2 games as I feel I might as well just keep each to 1 unit. However, both plays seem pretty strong imo. Waiting for more info regarding minutes for Kobe/Pau, and still trying to figure out why the line for Portland went from 7.5-6.5 in minutes at all books

LAKERS NOTES
** Jackson said Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol would start tonight's exhibition opener, but neither would play more than half the game.
** Fifteen players will dress tonight, but Jackson declined to specify who would not be in uniform.
** Sasha Vujacic returned to practice Saturday after spraining his left ankle on the first day of training camp

LAKERS NOTES
** Jackson said Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol would start tonight's exhibition opener, but neither would play more than half the game.
** Fifteen players will dress tonight, but Jackson declined to specify who would not be in uniform.
** Sasha Vujacic returned to practice Saturday after spraining his left ankle on the first day of training camp

Not exactly news that says the Lakers will absolutely blow. I'm liking Portland. Hard to get a read right now on other games.

Portland -6.5 3 Units

I like it too. Good looking SF. I think this can be a very profitable pre-season for us and hopefully get us a nice bankroll for the first month of the season.

Portland -6.5 3 Units

I like it too. Good looking SF. I think this can be a very profitable pre-season for us and hopefully get us a nice bankroll for the first month of the season.

haha I think we move BM lines. line up to 7 now- haha
Was considering another unit too. eh

If this Portland line drops to 6 (which is likely won't) ill add another unit. Otherwise, my card will be: Utah-1 unit, Portland 2

That line is begging for some Lakers action.

Don't know why Houston is laying 8, do you SF? Makes me want to lay it... lol

Rolling w/ for Utah +2 for 1.5X

Just remember being on LAL LY pre-season and they got WHOOPED by Utah who played inspired against them. Completely different teams, yes. But injury concerns all around for Phil and a complex offense to teach the youngins... vs. a team which will push the tempo and pick and roll you to death.

Likin' it

That line is begging for some Lakers action.

Don't know why Houston is laying 8, do you SF? Makes me want to lay it... lol

Once I saw this game I knew I'd be off of it. Houston with the expectations and depth, Artest may want to impress. TMac out. Memphis in rebuild mode. Havnt looked into this game much

eh well looks like thats it for today. Will add Utah near gametime for 1 unit. Hoping to catch +3. time to get to work for 2m

Back