You guys betting Houston...

SHSUHorn

Thief
know this isn't exactly going to be their normal home field advantage? Tickets are going for about $400-$1000 a pop and there are close to 100,000 Texas-Exes in Houston.

They all love Vince. Titans will win this game.

Agreed. :shake:

Houston loves VY more than Houston. :an_roll_laugh:

Hell, they might even be rooting for Houston just so they don't second guess the Mario Williams pick :rolleyes:

I will be wearing my burnt orange to the game!! VY has been a covering machine lately. This game could get ugly for Carr.

Vince Young can't handle this kind of shit. he's going to overplay and try to be the hero and it's probably going to backfire.

Carr has been one of the best home QB's over this team's last three home games completing 77.0% of his passes.

MistaFlava said:
Vince Young can't handle this kind of shit. he's going to overplay and try to be the hero and it's probably going to backfire.

Carr has been one of the best home QB's over this team's last three home games completing 77.0% of his passes.

Please name any game where you've seen any evidence to back that statement up. Oh, and living here in Houston, I can tell you this will be a neutral field at best for the Texans. If they get behind, it will be a road environment or worse for them. How does Carr do on the road?

Young thrives in these situations.

SHSUHorn said:
know this isn't exactly going to be their normal home field advantage? Tickets are going for about $400-$1000 a pop and there are close to 100,000 Texas-Exes in Houston.

They all love Vince. Titans will win this game.

Huh? The Titans win this game because of ticket prices and Vince Young? Wanna place a sig bet on it?

smh212 said:
Huh? The Titans win this game because of ticket prices and Vince Young? Wanna place a sig bet on it?

No, he's saying the first time Carr throws a pick you'll hear a cascade of boos that would make ogrish Philly fans blush. Or, the first time Young does something he'll hear cheers like he'd hear in Nashville. Basically, he's saying this will probably feel like a road game for the Texans.

Additionally, I don't know about the Titans being a public team. All the money is coming in on the Texans.

texasfight said:
No, he's saying the first time Carr throws a pick you'll hear a cascade of boos that would make ogrish Philly fans blush. Or, the first time Young does something he'll hear cheers like he'd hear in Nashville. Basically, he's saying this will probably feel like a road game for the Texans.

Additionally, I don't know about the Titans being a public team. All the money is coming in on the Texans.
I don't know where your getting your info, but the money is not coming in on the Texans. The game opened Hou -3 and is down to 1, with 75%+ of the tickets written on Tenny.

Sometimes I think the people in Texas need to be reminded that they are a state and not their own country. That being said, I think TEXAS ML in college hoops tonight looks good...lol

BTW..."The Bad Motherfucker" wallet is classic!

You're right. My bad.

But my first statement stands. This will have a road feel for the Texans. McNair, the Texans owner, sent out a letter to ticket holders practically begging them not to sell to Titans (read VY) fans. Throw in the Texas Exes factor, the African American community, and general admirers of VY in the Houston metro area, and you've got a very volatile situation. And as SHSUHorn explained, this situation is reflected early on in rising ticket prices. Tickets, that for any other game, are impossible to give away. Trust me, I've tried.

Good luck. I kind of like the spot for the Texans, as this is their jihad game. Sad that it takes a rookie QB to stoke the fire, but oh well. Just remember that if it gets bad for Carr and the Texans, they'll hear about it like Michael Irvin lying lifeless in Veteran's Stadium.

texasfight said:
You're right. My bad.

But my first statement stands. This will have a road feel for the Texans. McNair, the Texans owner, sent out a letter to ticket holders practically begging them not to sell to Titans (read VY) fans. Throw in the Texas Exes factor, the African American community, and general admirers of VY in the Houston metro area, and you've got a very volatile situation. And as SHSUHorn explained, this situation is reflected early on in rising ticket prices. Tickets, that for any other game, are impossible to give away. Trust me, I've tried.

Good luck. I kind of like the spot for the Texans, as this is their jihad game. Sad that it takes a rookie QB to stoke the fire, but oh well. Just remember that if it gets bad for Carr and the Texans, they'll hear about it like Michael Irvin lying lifeless in Veteran's Stadium.

Thanks for the insight....that's a very interesting situation, and something you would never see in my neck of the woods. Here, it's all Eagles all the time, no matter who comes to town. I'm lookin forward to watchin this one....may even add some volume!

smh212 said:
Thanks for the insight....that's a very interesting situation, and something you would never see in my neck of the woods. Here, it's all Eagles all the time, no matter who comes to town. I'm lookin forward to watchin this one....may even add some volume!

Well, if it was an entrenched franchise like the Eagles, or even the Oilers, I doubt you'd see this venom. But as an Eagles fan, you could probably liken it to a new franchise that replaced the Eagles in Philadelphia, passing on drafting a QB who was a combo of Rocky Balboa and Ron Jaworski, and just led Temple to a national championship.

I do like what David Carr is trying to accomplish, he is very confident in himself and plays with everything he has.
But, I like Tennessee here. Vince Young is going to become a very good quarterback and the Titans are pulling of some amazing victories. I only know from seeing it on paper, did not watch any of the games.
I don't think I will play this game but if I did it would be Tennessee.
Good Luck everyone.

lol galt.

its just that the whole world has been fading the titans all year every week. now they win a couple in a row nad beat indy, and everyone is on the bandwagon

MistaFlava said:

They said the Same thing when he Played USC, They said the same thing coming out of college, Vince young cant play QB , He's not smart enough , He throws the ball funny , he wont run like he did in college the Nfl is ti fast ect ect ect.

When will all that Bullshit stop ? :shake:

I feel sick.. i didnt bet the game, but i hate giving vince props

Throwback420 said:
They said the Same thing when he Played USC, They said the same thing coming out of college, Vince young cant play QB , He's not smart enough , He throws the ball funny , he wont run like he did in college the Nfl is ti fast ect ect ect.

When will all that Bullshit stop ? :shake:

VINCE FUKIN YOUNG :wacka wacka:

THE NOTORIOUS DOG said:
Guys Dont Bet Against Vince Young

espeically in his biggest NFL game all season, he had so much to prove on this game.

I was suprised and shocked to see so many people on the Texans Huge :smiley_acbe:

MistaFlava said:

You've just been VinceYoungified, Flava!

Hook 'em, VY, Texas, and the University of Texas at Nashville!!!

Carr completed 74% today.. they just didnt put it in the endzone enough

MistaFlava said:

Atleast give the Kid Props :shake:

abcs said:
Congratulation on throwing 74% on 2 yard dinks. Everytime VY is brought up you pimp David Carr. Thats desperation. Wanting to stick by your guns so much that you'll try to convince yourself that David Carr is worth anything. Ask any Texans fan what they think of David Carr. Carr is not a reason to justify not drafting Vince. At least watch some of these games that you like to throw out opinions on.

albyman32 said:
Congratulation on throwing 74% on 2 yard dinks. Everytime VY is brought up you pimp David Carr. Thats desperation. Wanting to stick by your guns so much that you'll try to convince yourself that David Carr is worth anything. Ask any Texans fan what they think of David Carr. Carr is not a reason to justify not drafting Vince. At least watch some of these games that you like to throw out opinions on.

He's a USC fan, He still pissed how V Y and Texas Raped his Trojans :smiley_acbe:

Vince is impressing me. But the reason carr throws those short passes is because the ol doesnt give him time for deep drops..

I dont think david carr sucks by any means.. texas fans just have this sick love fest with vince.

abcs said:

Balls+aunt=uncle

Dude, just let it go. You and a bunch of other people were and are wrong about VY.....repeatedly.

Come over to the correct side. If you don't, VY will just prove you dumb again in the future.

abcs said:
Vince is impressing me. But the reason carr throws those short passes is because the ol doesnt give him time for deep drops..

I dont think david carr sucks by any means.. texas fans just have this sick love fest with vince.
Again, I'm gonna assume you didn't watch the game and use the same tired excuse. How long is Carr gonna stand behind this excuse. Kubiak doesn't let Carr throw or look deep cuz he throws picks. I can probably count on one hand how many time Carr threw past 10 yards today.

abcs said:

He has one of the best WR's in the NFL in A Johnson and he cant do shit. My Raiders held his ass to -5 yds passing.

CARR fukin sucks he wasnt even good at fresno st and I watch Fresno state alot live close to Fresno.

He's Garbage :down:

The Texans made the most fuked up move by not taking VINCE and it will haunt them 4ever! 4ever! 4ever!

rj if i was them i would have taken bush. I never said they werent wrong. I understand why they didnt take a qb. Look vincent has looked good at times this year with a below average team, just saying just because they won in ot doesnt mean carr sucks.. it just means vince and them won the coin toss..

abcs said:
rj if i was them i would have taken bush. I never said they werent wrong. I understand why they didnt take a qb. Look vincent has looked good at times this year with a below average team, just saying just because they won in ot doesnt mean carr sucks.. it just means vince and them won the coin toss..
I think you're the president of the David Carr fan club. Membership of two. You and his wife. Again, its hilarious how you try and pimp David Carr in order to try and prove your points about VY. Why don't you tell us again your thoughts when comparing David Carr and VY running. I need a good laugh.

No, it means VY rules and Carr sucks. It's ok. Nobody's going to think less of you. "I was wrong. VY is good."

Maybe i can trade my carr bobblehead on ebay for a vince young one?

abcs said:

If Texans would have won the Toss. Carr would have still fuked up

Just got back from the game and it was insane to see the # of UT jerseys in the crowd.

Not sure when any of you guys are going to learn that this kid does have a slow learning curve but once he gets it he will be unbelievable. It happened in HS, it happened in college, and it will happen in the pros.

abcs, dude you throw out some of the most meaningless stats. Carr % is high because he doesn't throw the ball past 10 yards. If Carr was such a great QB why does Kubiak play so conservatively on 3rd down with him?

Stat you need to know is VY is clutch in big games and thats 3 come from behind wins in the last 3 weeks and he has now won 6 of his last 8 starts for a team that features whiteboy Bennet as the #1 WR, Brandon Jones who was the 3rd WR at OU in college, Scaife at TE who wasn't even the best TE when he was at Texas, and a fullback who has seen more playing time this year as a rookie then he did his entire career at Texas. Wait till this guy picks up Calvin Johnson or Dewayne Jarrett in the draft.

Also those that keep betting against him he is 19-4 ATS as a starter the last 2 years.

Did you guys that have been watching him over the years expect the game to end any other way?

Jesus guys, i threw out that stat.. becuz mista had it in his writeups.. obviously that % meant nothing ( like i said when i threw it out).. relax

also if they continue to win.. they will have no shot at calvin and maybe not jarret either..

SHSU--

This thread is worthless without pics....and video.

Wish I could've been there. Hornfans has crashed due to traffic.

abcs said:
Jesus guys, i threw out that stat.. becuz mista had it in his writeups.. obviously that % meant nothing ( like i said when i threw it out).. relax

"I was wrong. VY is good"

Just say it.

SHSUHorn said:
Just got back from the game and it was insane to see the # of UT jerseys in the crowd.

Not sure when any of you guys are going to learn that this kid does have a slow learning curve but once he gets it he will be unbelievable. It happened in HS, it happened in college, and it will happen in the pros.

abcs, dude you throw out some of the most meaningless stats. Carr % is high because he doesn't throw the ball past 10 yards. If Carr was such a great QB why does Kubiak play so conservatively on 3rd down with him?

Stat you need to know is VY is clutch in big games and thats 3 come from behind wins in the last 3 weeks and he has now won 6 of his last 8 starts for a team that features whiteboy Bennet as the #1 WR, Brandon Jones who was the 3rd WR at OU in college, Scaife at TE who wasn't even the best TE when he was at Texas, and a fullback who has seen more playing time this year as a rookie then he did his entire career at Texas. Wait till this guy picks up Calvin Johnson or Dewayne Jarrett in the draft.

Also those that keep betting against him he is 19-4 ATS as a starter the last 2 years.

Did you guys that have been watching him over the years expect the game to end any other way?

Great Post Man I agree :shake:

I knew Vince would be special when he was tearing shit up his sophmore year and when he had an amazing rose bowl against Michigan , then and even better rose bowl against USC.

This Kid SHows up In Big games, How could you count him out, I followed this guy for a while and backed him up so much , had to put up with alot of BS and Haters. When will people give him credit ?

Mario Williams 2 tackles today.

Reggie Bush is now trailing VY in rushing yards by over a 100. I look forward to his 12 carry 30 yards rushing night vs the Cowboys tonight. Yes I'm sure he'll catch 8 swing, shovel, and screen passes for 70 yards but big deal. Get in the endzone other then the 49ers and run the ball up the middle.

VY for ROY now that Colston is out.

My opinion may be a bit biased.
I was AT the Rose Bowl on Jan 4th....and it was not because of USC.
But I've been saying for a long time......

NEVER BET AGAINST

VINCE YOUNG

SHSUHorn said:
Mario Williams 2 tackles today.

Reggie Bush is now trailing VY in rushing yards by over a 100. I look forward to his 12 carry 30 yards rushing night vs the Cowboys tonight. Yes I'm sure he'll catch 8 swing, shovel, and screen passes for 70 yards but big deal. Get in the endzone other then the 49ers and run the ball up the middle.

VY for ROY now that Colston is out.

ROY should be betwen VINCE and Maurice Drew that kid is aslo Ballin

Back