XFL... Shut er down

Tough to find decent stats for this league thus far so I created a little YPP chart.

1583002681879.png

eta...correct def rankings

Last edited:
Wow yeah, 4.5 for DC now. Glad I got on it early.

Not surprised to see buyback on Dallas when it hit 3. I think my opinion of the Renegades was a bit low.

NY showed some grit at home and Perez is clearly the closest thing to a serviceable QB they have. LA out yarded them 350-250 though and ypp'd them by 5.8 to 2.7 but missed 2 field goals and were 2/12 on 3rd down. So the score doesn't tell the whole story here.

I bailed on DC after that Tampa score
i took Tampa -1.5 but I also have DC +1
I know it’s a pussy move but the defenders looked lost out there

Just like last game in Tampa, there are some special people in that crowd. Its like they hold their games in the middle of a florida-man convention

Ok, guess i was dead wrong about DC. They were so impressive the 1st 2 weeks, now they look like easily the worst team in the league... home field can't make THAT much of a difference can it?

Seems too easy, but it's almost like we should be betting on every home team, except when they are playing Hou and maybe StL.

I'm kicking myself for getting sucked in by that DC line. I should know by now when a line looks too good to be true, it usually is.

I'm kicking myself for getting sucked in by that DC line. I should know by now when a line looks too good to be true, it usually is.
I did too and after that 1st Tampa TD I hit tampa -1.5 live because DC looked lost out there it was really bad

Seems too easy, but it's almost like we should be betting on every home team, except when they are playing Hou and maybe StL.

Yeah it seems like the home/road splits in these games is bigger than you would find in the NFL. This league is operating on a budget...I wonder if they stay at a Motel 6 and eat Subway on the road or something.

I feel like LA -1 is the best value play this week.

They got beat last week but out stat'd NY and at home they should play significantly better. Also, Tampa's better play all starts with their running game getting going but I feel like LA has the DL to keep the run in check and if they do that, Cornelius isn't going to beat you with his arm, even if he has cut down on the mistakes in the past 2 games.

Also NY might be worth a play after Dallas lost Landry LW. Their defence is looking decent and Perez is the best looking QB they've put out there. But they're one of those teams thats won at home and looked lost on the road so who knows.

I have zero confidence to bet anything right now after last weekend's debacle.

DC's ypp through the first 4 games...

Wk1 4.5 home
Wk2 4.5 home
Wk3 1.9 away
Wk4 1.9 away

Has to be more going on here than just home/road. Cardale has looked totally incompetent in the last 2.

DC's ypp through the first 4 games...

Wk1 4.5 home
Wk2 4.5 home
Wk3 1.9 away
Wk4 1.9 away

Has to be more going on here than just home/road. Cardale has looked totally incompetent in the last 2.
Yeah, he's looked really bad!

I feel like LA -1 is the best value play this week.

They got beat last week but out stat'd NY and at home they should play significantly better. Also, Tampa's better play all starts with their running game getting going but I feel like LA has the DL to keep the run in check and if they do that, Cornelius isn't going to beat you with his arm, even if he has cut down on the mistakes in the past 2 games.

Also NY might be worth a play after Dallas lost Landry LW. Their defence is looking decent and Perez is the best looking QB they've put out there. But they're one of those teams thats won at home and looked lost on the road so who knows.

I have zero confidence to bet anything right now after last weekend's debacle.
That's the play that stood out to me.
Also the under in DC

DC +3.5 at home is a very bad line. They went on 2 road trips and about 10k miles in the air. Some home cooking and having looked dominant at home already. Sign me up

DC +3.5 at home is a very bad line. They went on 2 road trips and about 10k miles in the air. Some home cooking and having looked dominant at home already. Sign me up
I'd like like to think so as they looked like the class of the league after their first 2 games at home, but in the last 2 games have looked like easily the worst. Such an odd swing.

Yeah to me DC is unbettable right now because I have no idea who they are. Meanwhile STL is pretty good and improving. Ta'amu is rounding into a good, dual threat QB and they are pretty solid across the board. 3.5 is probably too much but who knows which Cardale shows up?

I really like SEA/HOU under but I will wait until closer to kick to bet it because Houston totals seem to be routinely steamed up on game day. I think I could get 47.5 at least.

I really like SEA/HOU under but I will wait until closer to kick to bet it because Houston totals seem to be routinely steamed up on game day. I think I could get 47.5 at least.
What are your power rankings after week 4? Interested to see how they match up with mine a couple posts up.

What are your power rankings after week 4? Interested to see how they match up with mine a couple posts up.

Here's what I have. Really have no idea where to put DC right now after they've played 2 of the best games and 2 of the worst games of the season. Dallas Likewise because I don't know Jones status other than he was knocked out last week with what looks to be a serious injury.

We're pretty close with the exception of LA which I may have too high. I think Johnson is a good QB and they have a quality and disruptive DL but I'm not sold on their coaching. Moss looks like a great motivator but I'm not sure if ha has much beyond that. They did out-stat NY on the road last week and did it without 2 offensive weapons so I think they are better than that loss.

1583426650233.png

Looks like Jones will miss time...

I have no idea about any of the guys behind him but they would have to be a step down. Meanwhile NY looks to have found its QB for the moment in perez. I really like NY getting 8 but they haven't been able to do jack shit on the road thus far so I'm hesitant.

Maybe the under here although its very low at 37. My totals model spits out a 35.5 for this game. These teams are 6-0 under in the last 3 weeks.

eta will probably be Philip Nelson who started the first game when Landry was hurt. At home vs STL he went 33-42 218yds 0:1 in a 15-9 loss so looks like a capable replacement but still a step down.

Last edited:
Game day...

Total getting steamed up in Houston and I'm laying in wait

NY down to +6 now. News about Landry Jones is being absorbed I guess. I like the under in that game too because it looks like a 15-12 laugher but 37 is such a low number.

STL moved to -5.5 most places. Interestingly Pinny is holding at 4.5. I always like playing the pinnacle lean. DC +5.5 is my lean but not sure I can play it.

LA moved to -2 or -2.5 at most shops now.

Offenses are catching up a little bit

Yup teams are starting to put it together offensively. I guess it was to be expected with teams that haven't played together and no preseason.

Now is the time to start stalking overs since the totals will remain low for a few weeks to come.

Not to mention the XFL has had a good start but the one negative story surrounding the league is poor QB play / lack of offense. With the league's continued existence not a sure thing it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they are trying to tilt things in the offenses favor. Fewer holding calls, more ticky tack DPI calls maybe.

Blindly betting overs for the next few weeks might even be profitable

So crazy how different DC is at home vs away... or at least their Def is... offense still struggling, though i like the qb change to Jackson. Jones has been horrible after the 1st 2 games.

After week 5 this is how id rank the teams... things starting to clear up a bit...
1. Houston

2. St. Louis

3. Dallas
4. New York
5. DC
6. LA

7. Seattle
8. Tampa Bay

Thoughts?

So crazy how different DC is at home vs away... or at least their Def is... offense still struggling, though i like the qb change to Jackson. Jones has been horrible after the 1st 2 games.
Knowing what I Know about Jackson, it is hard to believe he could be better than Jones despite recent struggles. But who knows?

You could have made a fortune betting futures in this league ... the swings have been amazing to that market.

Here's my power rankings after week 5. Dallas is low with Landry Jones still out because Nelson can't seem to generate any offense. I upgraded Tampa substantially because I see them coming together and I think they will be an above average team by season's end, perhaps even manage a playoff spot.

The only thing I am certain of is that Houston is head and shoulders above everyone else. After that its a roll of the dice.

1583776539583.png

Here's my power rankings after week 5. Dallas is low with Landry Jones still out because Nelson can't seem to generate any offense. I upgraded Tampa substantially because I see them coming together and I think they will be an above average team by season's end, perhaps even manage a playoff spot.

The only thing I am certain of is that Houston is head and shoulders above everyone else. After that its a roll of the dice.

View attachment 46030
Whoa, so you really don't like NY? Feels like they are starting to play pretty good to me..

I feel pretty confident Houston, St Louis and DC are the three best teams (Dallas one notch below)

Then LA and NY

Then Tampa and Seattle

I don't think Houston is head and shoulders better than STL or DC but have no issue with having them as the best team.

Whoa, so you really don't like NY? Feels like they are starting to play pretty good to me..

Thats a fair point. Honestly I don't know who goes at the bottom. NY, Seattle and Tampa have all started improving and I don't know where each belongs. NY seems to have gotten a boost behind Perez at QB but the same could be said of Seattle behind BJ Daniels. NY has had 2 good spots back to back though, against a shivering LA team at home and then @ Dallas with a toothless offense.

So far every team except for Houston has been so wildly inconsistent week to week, where they fall on anyones power ranking is probably just a metter of which games they've watched. I have to say its making the league interesting.

Thats a fair point. Honestly I don't know who goes at the bottom. NY, Seattle and Tampa have all started improving and I don't know where each belongs. NY seems to have gotten a boost behind Perez at QB but the same could be said of Seattle behind BJ Daniels. NY has had 2 good spots back to back though, against a shivering LA team at home and then @ Dallas with a toothless offense.

So far every team except for Houston has been so wildly inconsistent week to week, where they fall on anyones power ranking is probably just a metter of which games they've watched. I have to say its making the league interesting.
Good points. Hou and Stl seem to be the most stable.

Knowing what I Know about Jackson, it is hard to believe he could be better than Jones despite recent struggles. But who knows?

You could have made a fortune betting futures in this league ... the swings have been amazing to that market.

Thinkning about it more I agree with your take on Houston. They are the class of the league but its not like theyre winning every game by 3 scores and have gotten a bit lucky in 2 of their wins.

Out of curiosity, where would you set the line if Houston played in St. Louis? I would make it Houston -1.5.

I would have St Louis -1 at home, Houston -5 at home

Also looking over the limited statistics I have available to me, Tampa may actually be sneaky ok.

I would have St Louis -1 at home, Houston -5 at home

Also looking over the limited statistics I have available to me, Tampa may actually be sneaky ok.

Agreed. They have a very good defense and a good offensive line with a very good one-two punch at RB. The main thing they lack is a consistent QB. Murray looked bad and they've settled on Cornelius for now. When hes on he looks good but when he loses confidence as he did in the 2H last week, he starts throwing wild, missing receivers all over the place.

Back