World Series Chat

BringInTheLefty

Pretty much a regular
Astros arrive into the WS as the biggest favorite since 2007 when the Red Sox crushed the Rockies 4-0

Nats odds to win WS were 50/1 on 5/23 when their record was 19-31

No team has swept the WS since the SF Giants routed the Detroit Tigers 4-0 in 2012

Houston’s bats were quiet against Yankee pitching. I expect we’re going to see some low-scoring games. Should be a great series and I expect it to go 6 - 7 games.

I honestly am sympathetic but when I look at Cole on 6+ and Max on 6+ its impossible.
Most logical people think the spread is too big and may be right but that is not under Astro control.
I will start making decisions after I see umps

Strasburg on 6 has been a Very impressive pitcher but not last 2 years. It would not surprise me if he did pitch a great game,. Greinke has real problems on 6 currently 5.40 ERA

after the despicable statement from the organization, idk how you can root for the Astros if you're not from Houston

My statement about Stras was that what he did was great but great was average for him

What statement?

According to the report by SI's Stephanie Apstein, during the celebration in the Houston Astros' clubhouse after the team's 6-4 win over the New York Yankees in Game 6 of the ALCS on Saturday, assistant general manager Brandon Taubman turned to a group of female reporters -- including one wearing a purple domestic violence awareness bracelet -- and repeatedly yelled, "Thank God we got Osuna! I'm so f---ing glad we got Osuna!"

Rocket Science ^

Cole last 25 19-0 1.59 1 earned run last 22 2/3 Yikes!!

Home teams 9-12 last 4 world series

Only 1 of the last 7 WS home underdogs of +120 or more have won

Short home favs of -105- to -115 are 9-2 since 2000

Totals of 7 or less have gone 25-14-1 over although all games have gone 53.4% under in last 22 years

Teams are 8-15 in the WS following a win

Game 1 home teams are 8-1 last 9

Game 4 road teams are 11-4 since 04

WS teams that scored 7 or more in the previous game have gone 15-4 since '98

Conversely, WS teams that scored 2 or less in the previous game have gone 13-3 since '10

WS teams that have allowed 6 or more have gone 12-3 since '09

WS road underdogs that hit 3 or more HRs in the previous game have lost 9 straight

My statement about Stras was that what he did was great but great was average for him

But the numbers say otherwise, even for him. Unless you expect him to have an ERA under 1.00, his recent past (and recent playoff past) is well above average.

Interesting situation in game 3. If Houston wins game 2 I tend to think he will fall apart but if Houston loses Greinke becomes very different and usually has a great game

If Strasburg wins it will be an absolutely stunning victory. Last 2 years he has stunk on 6 days and he has a homer unp he has a fairly high 5 ERA with but I am not touching the game

he yelled in a reporter wearing a domestic violence awareness bracelet's face and repeated it like six times. GTFOH

he yelled in a reporter wearing a domestic violence awareness bracelet's face and repeated it like six times. GTFOH
You can be outraged, but I still don't get it.
I guess that's good for me.

I played
Scherzer today, if it loses, will play Stras tomorrow. If it loses , I'm out 2u. Have a good series. I'm out .
Go 'stros, but the number is too high me thinks.

Out of the last nine WS games that have gone into OT since 2004, 8 of them went over the total I thought that was interesting.

Tonight will be Verlander's 30th career postseason appearance, and he is 14-9 with a 3.26 ERA in the playoffs

Astros went 3-for-12 with RISP last night

Strasburg is 3-0, 1.64 ERA in the 2019 postseason

- Washington pulled out all the stops to get that game 1 win, Including using their game 3 starter and extending their top two relievers. I had the feeling had they blown that lead Houston would’ve won the game and we could have been looking at a quick series.

- Houston made the nationals pitchers work extremely hard and threatened to score in seemingly every inning.

- Houston is not likely to hit as poorly with RISP the rest of the series. They even failed to get runners home from 3B with less than two outs so those outs were not even productive.

- It is clear that Houston has a much more balanced offensive attack. For Washington to win the series it’s gonna come down to Soto, Rendón and Zimmerman. Hou can beat you 1-8, but Washington is dead if they don’t continue to get production from those big 3. Washington is out matched here but they appear to have some good mojo right now.

- Washington should give some serious consideration to starting Sanchez tonight. They already got their split and that would line up Strasburg to pitch games 3 and 7.

I hope they start Strasburg,. It is a bad spot for him with that 5.58 ERA with Eddings a clear homer ump and his problems on 6+ and Verlander 3-1 with Eddings and a 3.23 ERA. Houston has put themselves in real jeopardy though. Springer not just running to third cost them a run. The team was stunned by Cole losing it and even if Verlander wins Greinke is sitting with a bad ump and bad history on 6. They are on the right side of Wednesday as well

Washington is playing with house money though. The line is ridiculous imo even with their all out attack last night. I'm definitely nervous about my Astros future. This is like game 3 in NY..an absolute must win.

I hope they start Strasburg,. It is a bad spot for him with that 5.58 ERA with Eddings a clear homer ump and his problems on 6+ and Verlander 3-1 with Eddings and a 3.23 ERA. Houston has put themselves in real jeopardy though. Springer not just running to third cost them a run. The team was stunned by Cole losing it and even if Verlander wins Greinke is sitting with a bad ump and bad history on 6. They are on the right side of Wednesday as well

What exactly are his problems on 6+? How many starts are we looking at?

It's been 9 days since his last start. Dude started two games this season when it'd been more than a week since his previous start: The first game after the All Star Break (July 12; 9 days since his last start) and their third playoff game (Oct 4th; 8 days since his last start). Stras allowed a total of 1 run in 12 innings pitched in those two games. They were both road games, too.

That totally undercuts the 6+ angle, and I apologize. It's only a two-game sample, so you can totally take that as an opportunity for myself to sound smart. There were two games he started on exactly 6 days rest that he kinda got blowed up in (Apr 16th and Jun 4th - two home games with 9 runs allowed in 11 innings). So that's the other side to that coin.

Back