Wk #14 - Championship Week

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
Will try to have a little something on each of the 10 championship games this weekend. Juiced out last week at 8-8. :( To sum up the Pac-12: was spot on with USC handing it to Notre Dame...was correct with Oregon too, at least when it was 31-10, before they completely choked away the game and a trip to Vegas to play the Trojans (which ruined my plans, btw, as I had the Ducks beating SC)...and was completely off base with Wazzou, as the Huskies have put together a helluva winning streak. In any case, it was a fitting way to finish the regular season...hovering around the mendoza line yet again. But now we get to December, with better times (and bowl season) ahead. So to get things started...

USC (-1) @ -105 for 2

Had it been Oregon, like I said, I would've been on the Ducks. (After that coaching job yesterday however, glad it's not, because he/they would've found a way to lose.) So after Utah already beat SC over a month ago (and after being/losing on Utah in that game), why am I switching sides to the hated Trojans? Simply put, they're the better/more talented team. Gotta give Whittingham credit for going for two, and the win, when they hosted SC in mid October. For those watching, he was lucky to be in that position...he knew they couldn't stop SC...and he rolled the dice knowing full well that it was his only chance to get the win. The Utes were very fortunate to even be in that position.
Anyhow, we all know about SC's problems on defense...and stopping the run. They were much better yesterday against ND, but it's still their weakness. The over is in play too. Will come back to this later, when I've got more time, but there is more I want to get to with this game. Common opponents (especially UCLA, since I watched both games), revenge angle , and how they match up. Utah's always a solid team. They've shown a few times this year that they're not quite the same though...not quite as tough/hard nose/physical as years past...just look at their games vs Oregon, Wazzou, SC, and UCLA as examples. My Bruins were the stronger team, and how often can I have said that?

Anyhow, more on this one later...as well as the other 9 championship games.

USC line is up to a FG, and the total climbed too. At this point there's simply better value to the team total you like best here vs banking on 70+ points.
Teasing the other Friday night game. Love UTSA to win, but no value laying 8 points. So here are the 1st two games...

Friday 12/2 - Conference USA champ game
UTSA (-2) to UNT/UTSA under 72.5 for 1 to win 1

Friday 12/2 - Pac-12 champ game
USC (-1) @ -105 for 2

Will look at props in the SC/Utah game, but would absolutely love a USC TT over 35-36 points.
Will get into the other 8 games during the week.

Will try to have a little something on each of the 10 championship games this weekend. Juiced out last week at 8-8. :( To sum up the Pac-12: was spot on with USC handing it to Notre Dame...was correct with Oregon too, at least when it was 31-10, before they completely choked away the game and a trip to Vegas to play the Trojans (which ruined my plans, btw, as I had the Ducks beating SC)...and was completely off base with Wazzou, as the Huskies have put together a helluva winning streak. In any case, it was a fitting way to finish the regular season...hovering around the mendoza line yet again. But now we get to December, with better times (and bowl season) ahead. So to get things started...

USC (-1) @ -105 for 2

Had it been Oregon, like I said, I would've been on the Ducks. (After that coaching job yesterday however, glad it's not, because he/they would've found a way to lose.) So after Utah already beat SC over a month ago (and after being/losing on Utah in that game), why am I switching sides to the hated Trojans? Simply put, they're the better/more talented team. Gotta give Whittingham credit for going for two, and the win, when they hosted SC in mid October. For those watching, he was lucky to be in that position...he knew they couldn't stop SC...and he rolled the dice knowing full well that it was his only chance to get the win. The Utes were very fortunate to even be in that position.
Anyhow, we all know about SC's problems on defense...and stopping the run. They were much better yesterday against ND, but it's still their weakness. The over is in play too. Will come back to this later, when I've got more time, but there is more I want to get to with this game. Common opponents (especially UCLA, since I watched both games), revenge angle , and how they match up. Utah's always a solid team. They've shown a few times this year that they're not quite the same though...not quite as tough/hard nose/physical as years past...just look at their games vs Oregon, Wazzou, SC, and UCLA as examples. My Bruins were the stronger team, and how often can I have said that?

Anyhow, more on this one later...as well as the other 9 championship games.

Good to see you hanging here all year bro. Gotta like USC in this spot no doubt.

Here are 6 more of this weekend's games.

Saturday 12/3 - Big-12 champ game
Kansas St (+3) @ -125 for 1

Saturday 12/3 - MAC champ game
Toledo (-1.5) for 1

Saturday 12/3 - Sun Belt champ game
Troy (-2) to Coastal Carolina/Troy over 42 for 1 to win 1

Saturday 12/3 - AAC champ game
UCF (+4) for 1

Saturday 12/3 - MWC champ game
Fresno St (+3) @ -105 for 1

Saturday 12/3 - ACC champ game
Clemson (-7) @ -120 for 1

That leaves the two games with the monster spreads.

Here are 6 more of this weekend's games.

Saturday 12/3 - Big-12 champ game
Kansas St (+3) @ -125 for 1

Saturday 12/3 - MAC champ game
Toledo (-1.5) for 1

Saturday 12/3 - Sun Belt champ game
Troy (-2) to Coastal Carolina/Troy over 42 for 1 to win 1

Saturday 12/3 - AAC champ game
UCF (+4) for 1

Saturday 12/3 - MWC champ game
Fresno St (+3) @ -105 for 1

Saturday 12/3 - ACC champ game
Clemson (-7) @ -120 for 1

That leaves the two games with the monster spreads.
Looks like one of us will be very happy after this weekend haha....

Well that was fuckin lame. The Pac-12 killed itself yet again. Just soft, with zero ability to tackle...but in the end, it turns out the game changed on that long (50+ yd) run early on. The bloody finger wasn't the real injury on that play, and SC (or Oklahoma West, as BAR appropriately called them tonight) was done. We just didn't know it until a bit later. No matter what happens though, we'll get 3 legitimate teams in the field of 4...and one undeserving team will back into the last spot. SC would've gotten embarrassed anyhow.

I'm wondering how much these championship games really matter with Michigan and Georgia locks for the playoffs. That said, like a dope, I still took them both.

Georgia (-17) @ -116 for 1

Michigan (-16) @ -115 for 1

Sure hope Saturday goes better than today did. And CB, I think you're safe brother. ;)

Well that was fuckin lame. The Pac-12 killed itself yet again. Just soft, with zero ability to tackle...but in the end, it turns out the game changed on that long (50+ yd) run early on. The bloody finger wasn't the real injury on that play, and SC (or Oklahoma West, as BAR appropriately called them tonight) was done. We just didn't know it until a bit later. No matter what happens though, we'll get 3 legitimate teams in the field of 4...and one undeserving team will back into the last spot. SC would've gotten embarrassed anyhow.

I'm wondering how much these championship games really matter with Michigan and Georgia locks for the playoffs. That said, like a dope, I still took them both.

Georgia (-17) @ -116 for 1

Michigan (-16) @ -115 for 1

Sure hope Saturday goes better than today did. And CB, I think you're safe brother. ;)
The one game we were on together last night was painful to watch after that first quarter as I thought I was watching my Heels on D for a minute there!

well, as bad as Friday night went, i was just a bad UCF bet away from sweeping today/Saturday. week #12 was my best week of the season, by memory...but turning the page on those GD trojans yesterday, this was a helluva 7-1 day/evening to close out the season.

now it's on to the bowl season. looking forward to getting started on that very soon. thanks for all the feedback and interaction over the last 14+ weeks, guys.

:cheers3:

Back