Wk 1 Saints at Colts (review added)

brewer

Fan Club of any and everyone good!
things to look for ...

saints will have a drop off at the receiving position this year imo. colston is not going to sneak up on people like he may have last year. he also be bothered by a knee injury although its not said to be serious. if you were to ask me to name a player who i think would take a step back from his 2006 production one of them would be him. also, devery henderson is now the receiver opposite him. while he had a very good ypc it was on only 32 receptions and mostly from the slot. with defenses gearing more towards horn and colston, bush and deuce.

look for the saints to run the ball at the colts defensive tackle tonight. this is the biggest weakness of this colts team imo.

also, look for the peyton to dictate total number of possesions here tonight as well. indy doesnt like to have a high number of possesions in a football game. if those possessions that could be tds settle for fgs instead (like i think they would) this play will hit.

also, its week 1 and defenses (allbeit these two) are ahead of both of their respective teams offensive units.

key trend: Since 2000 all Week 1 games where the total was at least 45 points the UNDER is 19-5.

my play: U 53.5 (2)

* this line was bet at Bookmaker.com

GL tonight bro..don't hate the play..

Agree about Henderson but disagree about Colston..

If, a big IF, he's stays healthy, his production will be there..he's the complete package...big, fast, big hands, and tremendous hands...he's the real deal.

Good luck. I prefer the over but did not play this game, just going to enjoy watching it.

gl.. I'm thinking OVER looks good mainly because I see both of these offenses picking each other apart... but who knows, it's early... gl either way bud.

just got home. logged in to check my fantasy team (started marvin). see a 41-10 colts win and marvin with 83 and a td.

i taped the game and am gonna watch it tom sometime. then ill come back with post game thoughts.

always nice to start off a season in the green. cant wait for sunday.

ytd 1-0 +2

I was on the same side Brew, although I always stress Indy unders as they never let up on offense. Good work and good luck the rest of the way.

Sexellent

play was MUCH better than final would indicate

Unral..Drew sets NFL record for lowest per pass comp yarage

I played the Over and wisely bought some points to 51 and ended up with a push! I'll take it.

as promised im back to do a review of the game. now that i have actually sat down and watched it over my breakfast.

- going in the backup running back was a major concern i had for this colts team. addai getting the wind knocked out of him early may have been a blessing in disguise as it gave their number two back, keith some early touches to get some jitters out.
- ugoh did pretty well vs the bull rushing end Will smith.
- Nawlins missed a 52 yard field.
- one PR for indy is pretty much irrelevant as he had to just make the catch to prevent it from possibly bouncing backyard. so scratch that return.
- addai abused Nawlins.
- indy took what Nawlins gave em.
- Bob Sanders dropped a should been Int and another Colts defender dropped another potential Brees Int later in the game.
indy had excellent pursuit on d.
- bush got the majority of his rushing yards on a 3rd and 17 run. he played like shit.
- colston made one circus catch (a bad Brees ball). outside of that im not sure he was aware a game was being played last night. look for much of that to continue this year. he is a fraud ...
- somewhere former saints corner Fred Thomas is laughing. i mean what was jason david doing looking into the backfield all night and letting indy wrs run right past him on simply go routes. he was thrown at 9 times. allowed 7 rec for 147 yards and 3 tds! lmao. just goes to show how the cover 2 scheme masks the play of the corners and that he may not be able to hold up in man to man at all this year (at least early on till he gets his shitty game figured out).
- each team had a defensive td. so the defenses where ahead of the offenses, combing for 14 pts. NO defense outscored their offense in fact.
- Brees is a turd burgular. he wanted in the game to prevent himself from having that shameful record that should be his. he was 6.2 yards per completetion! wow that bad. longest pass 13 yards before he goes in with :51 on the clock. then the guy calls a timeout with :08.
- Brees had two picks (out of a possible 4) and a lost fumble.

thats what i got out of the game watching. hope it helps. will try to do this for each game i bet. i try to watch most games. however, i dont have the time to right down my thoughts for each game like i did in this post.

Saints were straight garbage all around from the players to the Sean Paytons play calling. Nice hit on the under. 2bad i dont play totals i would have leaned on the under.

Back