Wimbledon Discussion

This isn’t epic. It’s rediculous. Same stiff involved in all of these. Combined with a stupid rule.

Brits embarrassing themselves once again.

In Anderson's 25 service games in the 5th...Isner won a TOTAL of 21 points combined.

That's almost unfathomable at the semifinals of a GS event.

In Anderson's 25 service games in the 5th...Isner won a TOTAL of 21 points combined.

That's almost unfathomable at the semifinals of a GS event.

It’s why Isner hasn’t won more titles or been to this spot before. Simply gets involved in too many coin flip matches bc he doesn’t return well enough and many of his sets, even against lower level competition, goes to breakers or in this case a 5th where a break needed to win.

It’s why Isner hasn’t won more titles or been to this spot before. Simply gets involved in too many coin flip matches bc he doesn’t return well enough and many of his sets, even against lower level competition, goes to breakers or in this case a 5th where a break needed to win.

100% agree, BDN. I guess to me the more interesting question is how can his return game be this bad and reach a SF at a major? His return game is bad to epic proportions. Just such an odd match overall.

Seriously it's pushing 2:00 here on a Friday afternoon and one of the best matches in history is shaping up...yet no one chimes in?

I'm angry

I want Nadal to win but I think its over. The final either way should be a straight set snoozer for either of these two.

Rafa should have won that breaker, might be costly. He’s gotta come out smoking tomorrow, he’s been getting off to slow starts and taking time to find his rhythm. No time for that down 2-1. I think he pushes this 5.

Anderson is no slouch but can’t imagine he will have much left in the tank going 13-11 in 5th vs Fed and 26-24 vs Isner. If he can sneak out the 1st set in the finals he’s got a shot. If not he should get steamrolled.

Back