Why is Texas now only a 4 point fave at home?...

Aztec4Life

Montezuma Mesa Survivor
Hell, I was leaning to Texas at -7. Is there something I'm missing here? An injury I don't know about? I know it's a potential let-down for the Horns after their big win in the RRR, but this is still a monster game. Tough to see them coming out flat.

I've got my finger on the trigger, ready to pull it on Texas -4. Somebody stop me!...

:shake:

It had already fallen to -5 before Dr. Bob. Clearly lots of $$ was coming in on Mizzou prior to today.

i'll pay -150 for -3 fuck that seems safe to me....if texas can cover this game abnd the next 3 b12 they will WIN the NC. great team not only win big game but they cover look at texas and USC a few yrs ago they demolished everyone, especilally texas was money 1h and game hahaha might be why i finished with 68% that year i had 2-4 wins every week with those two teams alone

i'll pay -150 for -3 fuck that seems safe to me....if texas can cover this game abnd the next 3 b12 they will WIN the NC. great team not only win big game but they cover look at texas and USC a few yrs ago they demolished everyone, especilally texas was money 1h and game hahaha might be why i finished with 68% that year i had 2-4 wins every week with those two teams alone

Couldn't agree more bro. Just played Texas -3 (-120), and feeling pretty damn good about it.

Win the NC? This team is not ready to battle a USC or whoever takes the SEC crown... or even Penn St. IMO. Oklahoma was a beast but they're never legitimate for the entire season... ball bounced right that day and Texas got the win in a rivalry game... I don't think Texas would be favored even if they run the table vs. a 1 loss team in the national championship.

The big 12 is better than the SEC this year.

What has Texas done to not impress you.

They have scored atleast 38 points in every game.

And people would disagree with you, they have 44 first place votes, and the best quarterback in the nation.

And to say Texas couldn't play with Penn State........wow. Texas would be annihilating the same shitty Big 10 teams Penn State is playing.

until texas has a bad showing, you have to give them respect. they've played about as well as possible this year. That said, I'm on Mizzou +7.

And people would disagree with you, they have 44 first place votes, and the best quarterback in the nation.

Horn alias? :popcorn:

i think texas and oklahoma both are 7-10 pts better on a neutral field...let alone at home. think we saw that last year....twice.

i haven't seen much that i liked about the defenses of the big 12 other than ok state's effort vs mizzou

texas has impressed the hell out of me

your third line is nice, but there are teams that aren't elite that score 38+ every game.

most efficient so far this year for sure...think you would get plenty of arguments on who is the best qb.

let's not get crazy with the penn st comment. i agree with you in saying that penn st hasn't proven to be a whole lot better, but besides the oklahoma win which was very impressive, texas certainly isn't turning any heads in SOS so far. we'll see over the next three games, and kansas, and hell even baylor and tamu for that matter, we'll see where they stand. you can beat a rival while still being a less talented and inferior team -- obviously. and i'm not convinced texas would beat the shit out of illinois or go to wisc and dominate like the nittany lions did. if they do run the table -- which i don't think there's any way in hell they do (although i do think they roll here)...they definitely deserve it and i'll change my mind. getting 44 first place votes doesn't mean much to me...these are the same people that voted clemson 9.

for me, it's not that what they've shown that isn't impressive...it's what they still have to show. not bashing your team at all, and i think they are an extremely solid football team...however, i think people are jumping the gun a little too early with this team. sure hope they get it done tomorrow though

If Bob took this it's purely a situational play. However dating back to 2002 Texas has done pretty well in the game following the Red River Rivalry. In fact they've kicked ass for the most part with the two closest games being a 17-14 win at #6 K. St in 2002 & a 28-20 win at #24 Mizzou in 2004. I wanted to take Mizzou in this game a couple weeks ago but it scares the shit out of me now.

If Bob took this it's purely a situational play. However dating back to 2002 Texas has done pretty well in the game following the Red River Rivalry. In fact they've kicked ass for the most part with the two closest games being a 17-14 win at #6 K. St in 2002 & a 28-20 win at #24 Mizzou in 2004. I wanted to take Mizzou in this game a couple weeks ago but it scares the shit out of me now.

Right on....I was looking at Texas' ATS history after the RRS, and here it is:

2002 - Texas beats KSU 17-13 (Line UT +3.5)
2003 - Texas beats ISU 40-19 (Line UT-19)
2004 - Texas beats Mizzou 28-20 (Line UT-13.5)
2005 - Texas beats CU 42-17 (Line UT-15.5)
2006 - Texas beats Baylor 63-31 (Line UT -27.5)
2007 - Texas beats ISU 56-3 (Line UT -17)

So Texas is 5-1 in the last 6 years after OU, and 6-0 SU. I'd go back further, but can't find the stats right now. 3 weeks ago and I would've taken Mizzou, but with the way that the defense for Texas has come along, I expect it to keep getting better through the year, and by the end of the season, it could be pretty dominant.

^maybe so, but i think the situational aspect would be a lot better if missouri was more towards an average team. how will texas not be fired up for this game against #11 and who was almost #1?? i think they are very cognizant of the situation and the fact that they need to not take missouri lightly, and i think it also helps it's at home. they did the whole burying the ou gameball and all the news stories, etc...if they don't play to their ability it won't be because of lingering effects of this ou game imo

Win the NC? This team is not ready to battle a USC or whoever takes the SEC crown... or even Penn St. IMO. Oklahoma was a beast but they're never legitimate for the entire season... ball bounced right that day and Texas got the win in a rivalry game... I don't think Texas would be favored even if they run the table vs. a 1 loss team in the national championship.

All i'm saying if you win and cover you win it all its proven and shows how good a team is if vegas can't make the number big enough. I think you are wrong and underestimate this texas team. i had OU and bama being the best this year. texas hasn't earned it yet as i think psu/bama are the best and one of them will win it all.

All i'm saying if you win and cover you win it all its proven and shows how good a team is if vegas can't make the number big enough. I think you are wrong and underestimate this texas team. i had OU and bama being the best this year. texas hasn't earned it yet as i think psu/bama are the best and one of them will win it all.

Just curious when you had this? Bama has been a shock.
We knew they would be improved but I havent found anyone until possibly you that had them winning the SEC or even the SEC West for that matter.

Hate to say it but I have it this way.

#1 teams - Texas, Penn State, Bama
potential creepers - USC, Florida (unlikely though), Oklahoma

2 of those 6 teams will be playing for the title this year.
I expect to see Texas and Penn State at this point.
At least that is what I am rooting for this year.
USC shouldn't get a shot ahead of Oklahoma if both finish with one loss.

Prior to the SEC championship I expect all teams to have 2 losses.
I assume most of you boys will be thrilled to see the SEC card stay in the deck for a year. I will say I am shocked at the Big 12.
They had a solid year last year that gave notice the depth of the conference had greatly improved. I guess I just expected a dropoff rather than an even more convincing argument. I have to agree that top to bottom and bottom to top the Big 12 has the best conference this year.

i think it's gonna be USC vs. Oklahoma, just like most of us thought to begin with. and i think oklahoma will kick the shit out of the trojans

i just don't think the other teams can get out of their schedules unscathed

think at some point you have to put ok state in the discussion at least...i mean at least their defense suits up. ga has a decent shot to climb back into it, but a brutal schedule too...i'd also put utah up there if they win out, which i believe they will.

if usc gets in the championship game i am not recognizing the game as a title game. pac10 is not a joke , it's an entire standup comedy special on HBO.

big 12 champ vs penn st or sec champ is how i see it panning out .... and of course espn will do all they can for usc to make it.

UF was damn impressive in that LSU game. Fastest team in the country and they score points. They will be in the NC

You guys are all forgetting that Mack Brown can't win without Vince. I wonder after Colt's SR year will it be Mack can't win without Colt and Vince.

You guys basing Texas defense on one game is ridiculous. OU threw stuff at Texas that they had never shown. Alot of jailbreak plays and misreads by the frosh safties (The first TD where Murray had the big play and the Greshem wide open 50 yard TD).

Also let's hope that the refs in this game call holding since Loadholt did it all game on Orakpo and let's hope they know what ineligible lineman downfield is since OU got about 60+ total yards off illegal bubble screens.

I'm so hyped for this game right now I feel like smashing a beer bottle over my head.

If Ugo Chinasa and 3 spares on OSU dline can get pressure on Daniel in Columbia, then what will Texas' front 4 do in Austin?

As Teddy KGB would say, "It's a focking joke, anyway."

2 dimes on Texas -4. A game the oddsmakers would line as a pick 'em on a neutral field? You have to be shitting me.

Oh, and Dr. Bob's angle is predicated on Mizzou having a better passing attack than OU, and totally ignoring Mizzou's performance against OSU. Pretty strange when your analysis relies on a mathematical formula. Just pick and choose your inputs and see what you want to see I suppose.

Hook 'Em.

If Ugo Chinasa and 3 spares on OSU dline can get pressure on Daniel in Columbia, then what will Texas' front 4 do in Austin?

As Teddy KGB would say, "It's a focking joke, anyway."

2 dimes on Texas -4. A game the oddsmakers would line as a pick 'em on a neutral field? You have to be shitting me.

Oh, and Dr. Bob's angle is predicated on Mizzou having a better passing attack than OU, and totally ignoring Mizzou's performance against OSU. Pretty strange when your analysis relies on a mathematical formula. Just pick and choose your inputs and see what you want to see I suppose.

Hook 'Em.

Good points but they had this game at 7 which is 3 to 3.5 on a nuetral field...depending on location..

Less we forget a lot of people last week predicting before OU game Texas would be slight dogs..and slight faves perhaps...

GL to your team tomorow(VK Handskake)

the energy that Muschamp has brought to this entire staff is really resonating through that whole team IMO...it's huge overall...can even see a diff in Mack..

that and Colt is outta his mind right now as well as both lines...

Team is rolling right now but what a get Muschamp was for UT

this is the biggest piss poor performance ive ever seen from my missouri team...look for me on the national news tomorrow because im getting fuccccckkkked up and doin some stupid ass shit tonight

I hope that was good enough defense for you guys. The second half Texas seemed to be playing and working on more zone then anything which has been something they haven't been great at this year.

The defense was as dominant as you can get in the first half. Scoreboard will show other wise but this game was over at halftime.

I hope that was good enough defense for you guys. The second half Texas seemed to be playing and working on more zone then anything which has been something they haven't been great at this year.

The defense was as dominant as you can get in the first half. Scoreboard will show other wise but this game was over at halftime.

:smiley_acbe:

Back