Who will win the big 12 south?

I'm not surprised at all because the poll has been taken at a point where TexTech is off a very impressive mini-stretch of beating Texas and smashing Okie St. Texas is off an impressive run as well. OU has only played Texas, and that was 6 weeks ago. OU has not had their chance to play TexTech and Okie St yet.

Consider this. At the moment, the round-robin between the 3 teams mentioned and Okie St (the other BIG-12 South power) has not been completed. The poll assumes that all 3 teams win out, which means it assumes OU beats TexTech and Okie St. But you can't give people the benefit of the doubt that they can visualize OU's wins over those 2 teams right now. What they do have in their minds, however, is TexTech beating Texas in dramatic style w/a final TD highlight from Harrell to Crabtree that has been replayed 6 million times on ESPN. People also saw TexTech beat Okie St.

And don't discount that TexTech is a "feel-good" story for America, much more so than Oklahoma or Texas who are the big bullies on the block and seemingly alternate turns in the BIG-12 title game. TexTech is the new fun story, the fresh story of the team that has been below OU and Texas all these yrs. America wants to see them in more than they deserve to be in (if they lose to OU).

1) Texas Tech is 2-0 in the round robin + Okie St (beat Tex and Okie St)

2) Texas is 2-1 in the round robin + Okie St (beat OU, lost to TTU, beat Okie St)

3) Oklahoma is 0-1 in the round robin + Okie St (lost to Texas)

BUT.....

After Sat, Nov 29th, if all 3 teams win out, they will all be tied at 2-1 (in the round robin + okie st) and OU will have just beaten TexTech on nat'l TV and will have beaten Okie St in stoolwater the following week.

Think that'll be fresh in everyone's minds? LOL

Oklahoma gets TexTech next Sat and Okie St the week after. If OU handles both teams in the fashion I believe they can, that poll taken on the evening of Sat, Nov 29th will look A LOT different.

I GUARANTEE THAT

What I'm saying in so many words is that the majority of college football fans are clueless about the sport and cannot really think the 'hypothetical scenario' out. They have to physically see or hear about OU beating TexTech and Okie St before they can vote in a poll like this.

majent--you are not going to have to worry about any of this after Saturday. It will be decided on the field.

I consider TT's O to be much better than UTs

I would not say that TTU's O is "much better" than Texas's. Both offenses are great, they just move the ball in different ways.

Texas, with Colt as the run and pass threat, and the big, physical offensive line, gives teams problems who are a bit weaker against the run. They just pound you all game and wear you down. Other than WVA in the forgettable Fiesta last season, I have not seen an OU Front 7 pushed around quite like that in some time.

TTU relies more on precision routes and timing. Believe it or not, I truly feel that TTU is a better matchup for OU's D, and when you throw in the grass field and the Norman venue at night off of 2 weeks to prepare, I like OU's chances of slowing down TTU better than any team has all season.

Back