Where does Tebow land?

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
I still don't get why if you're Jacksonville you don't just bring this guy in for at least camp. I mean it's automatic interest in your team which you desperately need, but whatever.

Here's the interesting thing, the more I think about this, the more I'm fine with the Browns bringing him to camp just for the hell of it. He probably doesn't win the job, but while I never would have brought him to Philly, with the Browns I'm sort of like, 'why not?'

That said, it almost certainly won't happen. I'm thinking Chicago, maybe.

no where..
and he would have no chance in the CFL. there is one less down. if u ever watch a cfl game, most teams that can score have a QB who is very very accurate. they might not have a cannon and be 6'4" but most CFL QB's can put the ball on point, tebow can not..

At this point I can not think of one NFL team he would even have a chance at playing, all these teams with newly drafted qb's and 1st, 2nd yr QB's

no where..
and he would have no chance in the CFL. there is one less down. if u ever watch a cfl game, most teams that can score have a QB who is very very accurate. they might not have a cannon and be 6'4" but most CFL QB's can put the ball on point, tebow can not..

At this point I can not think of one NFL team he would even have a chance at playing, all these teams with newly drafted qb's and 1st, 2nd yr QB's

NFL Europe? maybe he should try Aussie Rules Football?

i just read something today saying chicago has no interest

Yeah, I just read this too. So much for that idea.

That Jax has no interest still just boggles my mind. Then again, does that franchise really have any idea what the hell they're doing?

I still don't get why if you're Jacksonville you don't just bring this guy in for at least camp. I mean it's automatic interest in your team which you desperately need, but whatever.

Here's the interesting thing, the more I think about this, the more I'm fine with the Browns bringing him to camp just for the hell of it. He probably doesn't win the job, but while I never would have brought him to Philly, with the Browns I'm sort of like, 'why not?'

That said, it almost certainly won't happen. I'm thinking Chicago, maybe.

JoeP, have you lost your mind? We're all stocked up on circuses here. The Browns owner is the target of a federal investigation. And from a football sense, Tebow's a poor fit (not that he seems to fit any NFL team), Chud & Norv like to go downfield a bit.

I think the John Skelton thread got deleted. When everyone was obsessed with tebow when he was winning with the broncos, Skelton was doing the same and putting up better numbers.

teeed knows what I'm talking about!

I hate tha skins but I think it would be a good fit. He can run that read option bullshit, foreskins cut sexy rexy an keep 3 qbs then deal cousins next season if they feel tebow could be a competent backup in that system

JoeP, have you lost your mind?

Probably. Ha.

And from a football sense, Tebow's a poor fit (not that he seems to fit any NFL team), Chud & Norv like to go downfield a bit.

Oh, I don't think he'd win the job, but you know why not. I mean, sure, who needs the circus. But here's what I think would be good here:

1. He's going to work his ass off. There are reasons to hate on Tebow, and I've jumped in on some of them—which is awful being a Gators guy who was all Tebow all the time when he was in college. But he's always worked hard. And he's got to know right now that he's about to lose his shot at becoming an NFL starter, ever.

I think that motivates him to bust his ass—and I think that is contagious. And I think that helps Weeden and the offense get sharp.

2. He almost certainly won't win the job and I think Weeden gets that. Some pressure is good. Looking over your shoulder every day is bad. I think Weeden would go through camp and get that he's the better QB, but having a guy who's football smart pushing you there could help.

3. It does build excitement for the team and it will sell tickets. I'm not convinced this team is going to be any good this year. I think they're still a year a way from a winning season. Sell some tickets, it can't be a bad thing.

Of course the tremendous downside is that fans are, by in large, fickle and stupid. So if the Browns start 2-5, the entire state will want Touchdown Jesus under center. At which point the whole thing could spin off the rails.

Which is probably why they'll never do it. Which is fine. But I think it could be interesting. Maybe.

Also, there's something about this "The Browns owner is the target of a federal investigation." hilarious. Sad. But hilarious.

minority here, but pardon me while i would love to see some team give him the reins next year and see what he does with it. to me, dude played one year and played out of his mind considering his skill level throwing the football. no i do not think he is a good qb by any means, but probably one of the best leaders in the game. just would love to see it one more year. though it will never happen and i understand from a football perspective why.

Why would Tebow be against moving to TE? So much for his team first, winning is all that matters attitude. A few teams contacted the Jets inquiring about a trade but wanted him to move to TE, but Tebow refused and will only play QB. That really makes no sense to me at this point in his career.

That really makes no sense to me at this point in his career.

At what point in his career, early?

I think his whole thing is he's fighting to be an NFL QB and, honestly, it's tough to blame him. He's won multiple games as an NFL starter. Is he really that much worse than some of what Arizona or Jacksonville trotted out there last year?

Don't get me wrong, I think he has huge flaws as a QB, but it's a thin position league-wide and Tebow under center does two things that him at any other position won't do. It puts fans in the seats and it will win you some games. For a handful of teams, I think you have to at least consider it, no?

minority here, but pardon me while i would love to see some team give him the reins next year and see what he does with it. to me, dude played one year and played out of his mind considering his skill level throwing the football. no i do not think he is a good qb by any means, but probably one of the best leaders in the game. just would love to see it one more year. though it will never happen and i understand from a football perspective why.
First Time I've agreed with you I think hahaha

Why would Tebow be against moving to TE? So much for his team first, winning is all that matters attitude. A few teams contacted the Jets inquiring about a trade but wanted him to move to TE, but Tebow refused and will only play QB. That really makes no sense to me at this point in his career.
Lol k Espn that you apparently hate

Lol k Espn that you apparently hate

I read it in an article on espn.com mobile, you're right there. I don't watch the station(s), but do go to the mobile site and read some articles. I'm assuming you're talking about my point that he refused to play TE, but maybe you aren't. If not, I don't know what you mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
That really makes no sense to me at this point in his career.

At what point in his career, early?

I think his whole thing is he's fighting to be an NFL QB and, honestly, it's tough to blame him. He's won multiple games as an NFL starter. Is he really that much worse than some of what Arizona or Jacksonville trotted out there last year?

Don't get me wrong, I think he has huge flaws as a QB, but it's a thin position league-wide and Tebow under center does two things that him at any other position won't do. It puts fans in the seats and it will win you some games. For a handful of teams, I think you have to at least consider it, no?

At the point in his career when it seems pretty clear that he won't be landing a starting QB job in the NFL. Or even a backup QB job at this point.

i agree. there are a handful of teams with little to lose by trying this. some would be better off by going with a cheap option at qb that would sell tickets and the worst thing that would happen is it doesn't work, there is some excitement and maybe they get a good draft pick the following year to get a better option. i think i just described the jaguars.

This post echos my feelings

these teams are acting too proud to sign him, like they have so much better at the position. jacksonville is laughable.

I think the biggest problem right now is that Tebow brings with him a ridiculous media circus. If I'm an owner I'm not sure i want that going on around my team regardless of if I'm in rebuilding mode or if I have a decent team that just needs a QB. My guess is that the Jags would love to have the asses in the seats that Tebow brings with him but they do not want the media circus and they don't think Gabbert can handle it mentally.

That being said I really wouldn't mind if the Raiders brought him in this year. They are in full rebuilding mode. They have no receivers to throw to anyway. It would be fun to watch Tebow pull off some Tebow time against the Broncos for once. I really don't mind if they lose all their games this season. #Clowney

That being said I really wouldn't mind if the Raiders brought him in this year. They are in full rebuilding mode. They have no receivers to throw to anyway. It would be fun to watch Tebow pull off some Tebow time against the Broncos for once. I really don't mind if they lose all their games this season. #Clowney
Oakland needs to hope it's them at 1 or Jags at 1 and they are forced to pass on Clowney to get Bridgewater, and Raiders are at 2.

Anyone in the top three next year should get a cant miss type prospect barring injuries with Clowney, Bridgewater and Marquise Lee. You are right though Jump, lots of teams would find it hard to pass up on Bridgewater in the number one spot.

was bored n tried to figure out where tebow would make any sense- jags i guess for sure, i also would say arizona(if zona would decide to put in a goal/short yardage package to use him). same for minnesota but since ponder is shaky they prob wouldnt want to have tebow there looking over his shoulder
thats about all i can think of

OMAHA, Neb. -- The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it -- and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.
[h=4]SportsNation: Tim Tebow's Future[/h]
espn_sportsnation_80.gif
The Jets have released Tim Tebow. Will he ever play another down in the NFL?
Cast your votes!

A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract.
Beef assistant general manager Andrew Mather said Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but he thought it was worth asking.
Tebow went unclaimed on NFL waivers Tuesday.
The Beef's quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.
McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow.
"I think Tim can learn a lot from me," McNear said.

these teams are acting too proud to sign him, like they have so much better at the position. jacksonville is laughable.

They aren't too proud to sign him, they just know football. Seriously, you really think Tebow is an NFL QB? He literally cannot throw the football anywhere near what you need from an NFL-caliber QB. Jacksonville certainly doesn't have a top QB (or even close right now), but he can throw the ball like an adult man, so he's head and shoulders above Tebow.

Do you guys really think that, at this point, every single NFL team is stone-cold wrong about Tebow? Come on now.

Not a TE or a LB if you ask me. The guy would make a great fullback. He runs like a fucking truck, I have no doubt he could be a premier blocking fullback and a great short yardage ball carrier. Pro bowl material IMO but he will not do it because he is too proud.

I think he'd be a pretty good FB too, but it's kind of a dead or dormant position.

OMAHA, Neb. -- The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it -- and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.
SportsNation: Tim Tebow's Future

espn_sportsnation_80.gif
The Jets have released Tim Tebow. Will he ever play another down in the NFL?
Cast your votes!

A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract.
Beef assistant general manager Andrew Mather said Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but he thought it was worth asking.
Tebow went unclaimed on NFL waivers Tuesday.
The Beef's quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.
McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow.
"I think Tim can learn a lot from me," McNear said.

classic :rofl:

I know, takeit, love that Omaha QB. He's totally open to showing Tebow the ropes. As an aside, isn't indoor/arena football yet another bad fit? Can't say I follow it, but seems like all those teams do is throw.

Not a TE or a LB if you ask me. The guy would make a great fullback. He runs like a fucking truck, I have no doubt he could be a premier blocking fullback and a great short yardage ball carrier. Pro bowl material IMO but he will not do it because he is too proud.
Agree. I think he'd be a great fullback.

3rd and inches I'd love to give him the ball..

He deserves a roster spot somewhere..

Jax makes so much sense...The Jets really screwed him and screwed Sanchez

Why Jax wouldnt give him a crack is crazy...I mean Gabbert sucks...that aint changing

Is Teddy Bridgewater a real cant miss #1 pick in people's eyes? Maybe I am missing something....or QBs are just worth the shot

3rd and inches I'd love to give him the ball..

He deserves a roster spot somewhere..

Deserves is an understatement.

He will turn up to practice every single day

He will work is ass off to improve himself. He doesn't believe he is limitd

He will be a leader on the field, the dressing room, and the practice field

he will have no off field dramas.

he won't melt under pressure

He maybe a media circus, but the attention he gets will distract the germs in the media so that the rest of the team can go about their business.

he is a playoff winning QB (not many of them out there)

What % of players in the NFL tick all these same boxes?

Considering guys like Tyrod Taylor, Chase Daniel, Matt Leinert and some of the other bums that hold roster sports, you can't do worse then having Tebow in your depth chart somewhere

Deserves is an understatement.

He will turn up to practice every single day

He will work is ass off to improve himself. He doesn't believe he is limitd

He will be a leader on the field, the dressing room, and the practice field

he will have no off field dramas.

he won't melt under pressure

He maybe a media circus, but the attention he gets will distract the germs in the media so that the rest of the team can go about their business.

he is a playoff winning QB (not many of them out there)

What % of players in the NFL tick all these same boxes?

Considering guys like Tyrod Taylor, Chase Daniel, Matt Leinert and some of the other bums that hold roster sports, you can't do worse then having Tebow in your depth chart somewhere

pretty much disagree with everything said here, so i'm gonna give the counter-opinion. i have no idea how much of a tebow fan you are, so be reasonable.

"He will turn up to practice every single day." it's his job, he's supposed to. no gold star given.

"He will work his ass off to improve himself. he doesn't believe he is limited"--working his ass off hasn't helped so far. dude can't throw, or read a playbook. hasn't learned. and him not believing he is limited is part of the problem. if he understood his limitations, a la Denard Robinson, he'd be a full back somewhere.

"He will be a leader on the field, the dressing room, and the practice field" --ehhhhh. MAYBE. maybe not though. with all that is being said about Yag players coming out of the closet, I wonder what timmy tebow would have to say about that. might turn a lot of guys off. zinger.

"He will have no off field dramas"--disagree. he's already run into drama w/speaking at uber conservative evangelical churches. He had to cancel one engagement already. it's only a matter of time before skip bayless gets caught lurking outside his bedroom window late at night. scandal!

"He won't melt under pressure"--he's got the clutch gene? maybe. i don't really believe in this so-called clutch gene. i think mental approach and footwork are a lot more important to a QB than a so called clutch gene.

"He maybe a media circus, but the attention he gets will distract the germs in the media so that the rest of the team can go about their business"--ahhh, running a million dollar interference. i get it.

"he is a playoff winning QB (not many of them out there)" --vinny vince young.

"What % of players in the NFL tick all these same boxes?" --what is the root of pie.

"considering guys like Tyrod Taylor, Chase Daniel, Matt Leinert, and some of the other bums that hold roster spots*, you can't do worse than having Tebow in your depth chart somewhere" --again. disagree. he's an ego maniac that should be playing full back. or H-back. or anything but QB. He's an extremely gifted athlete with a strong desire to win, but so are a lot of NFL players. doesn't mean they should be on a roster if they can't contribute.

Back