Where Do You Stand On The Kapernick/Smith Deal?

That makes no sense to me. Sometimes, lots of times, games come down to a play or two. If Norwood hits the kick, they win the game. You're telling me that in that case, you say then and now that the Bills didn't deserve that win because, other than Norwood's game winner, they didn't play well enough to win it?

I'll admit my bias, but he could have won there this year. He was doing just that up to the concussion

i'll go a step further and admit your bias, and i want him here in az...would be perfect

don't hold it against harbaugh, i really believe he's on the right track, and it shouldn't be a knock against your guy, just a good move

That makes no sense to me. Sometimes, lots of times, games come down to a play or two. If Norwood hits the kick, they win the game. You're telling me that in that case, you say then and now that the Bills didn't deserve that win because, other than Norwood's game winner, they didn't play well enough to win it?

correct. play a better game, don't make it come down to a field goal

i do not know scott norwood fwiw

If a basketball player scores 40 and rips 12 boards, but down 1 point at the buzzer, gets fouled while shooting and air balls two free throws ... who lost the game?

If a basketball player scores 40 and rips 12 boards, but down 1 point at the buzzer, gets fouled while shooting and air balls two free throws ... who lost the game?

naturally the team that put the superstar in that position. shoulda been up more than one

what's your take?

I say games are often close, and if you air ball two free throws down one with no time on the clock, you lost the game. If you drop a couple punts and that's your only fucking job, you lost the game. If your team is up three runs and you get the ball with three outs to get and give it up without recording an out, you lost the game. Team sports, but sometimes it's alright to assign a little blame.

I say games are often close, and if you air ball two free throws down one with no time on the clock, you lost the game. If you drop a couple punts and that's your only fucking job, you lost the game. If your team is up three runs and you get the ball with three outs to get and give it up without recording an out, you lost the game. Team sports, but sometimes it's alright to assign a little blame.
Couldn't agree more tip

[h=4]Research Notes[/h]
[TABLE="class: mod-data mod-pbp"]
<style type="text/css"> .extras-module { position:relative; z-index: 99; background: #FFF; border: 1px solid #CCC; padding: 10px; box-shadow: 3px 3px 3px #AAA; left:10px; } .ie7 .extras-module { margin-top:15px; } .extras-module table { margin:0; padding:0 7px 7px; } .extras-module table thead tr th { background:#D6D6D6; } .extras-module table { padding-bottom:3px !important; } .extras-module div.close { float: right; font-size: 9px; padding: 0 7px 3px; margin: 0; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; } </style><tbody sizcache03380678613663276="19" sizset="130">[TR="class: even"]
[TD]Colin Kaepernick completed six of 11 passes at least 15 yards downfield, including 3-of-3 and a 20-yard touchdown when targeting Michael Crabtree. Crabtree has caught a touchdown pass on such throws in three of his past four games, and has been utilized downfield much more in Kaepernick's eight starts this season, compared with Alex Smith's nine starts. --Kaepernick has completed 53.8 percent of his throws at least 15 yards downfield this season (including postseason), which is second in the NFL (min. 50 attempts).
[+][h=4]Michael Crabtree Receiving 15+ Yards Downfield by QB, This Season (inc. postseason)[/h]
SmithKaepernick
Receptions311
Targets518
Yards66286
TDs13

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>
Close [X]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD]NEXT LEVEL: The 49ers ran a season-high 34-of-75 (45 percent) plays out of the pistol set Saturday, while averaging 6.9 yards per play. Frank Gore had 16 rushes and a season-high 87 yards out of such sets, tied for the third-most rushes in pistol sets by a player in the past three seasons.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]The Packers could not contain Colin Kaepernick as he ran for 178 yards before being contacted (only 3 yards gained after contact). Kaepernick had five scrambles for 75 yards and a 20-yard touchdown in the first half alone. He also collected 99 zone-read option rushing yards, including the game-winning 56-yard touchdown in the third quarter when several Packers over-committed to the running back. --The Packers had not allowed more than 132 rushing yards before contact to a TEAM in a game during the past four seasons. --Kaepernick's 99 option rushing yards are the most by any QB in a game during the past three seasons, and his 75 scramble yards are a personal career high. --Kaepernick rushed for 102 yards and a touchdown out of the pistol set, the most by a QB in the past three seasons. His 12.8 yards per rush was the highest by any rusher out of the pistol in the past five seasons (min. 5 attempts).
[+][h=4]Colin Kaepernick Rushing by Play Type, Saturday[/h]
ScramblesOption
Rush57
Yards7599
TD11
1st downs43

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody><tfoot>
[TD="colspan: 3"]*Does not include two kneel downs, draw play and aborted snap.[/TD]

</tfoot>
Close [X]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]The 49ers converted eight of 13 third-down chances (61.5 percent) thanks to Colin Kaepernick's passing and rushing success. Kaepernick was 5-of-7 for 90 yards and a touchdown on third down, and scrambled three times for 53 yards and a touchdown. Entering the game, San Francisco converted 35.1 percent of its third-down opportunities this season, 25th in the league.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]The 49ers sent standard pressure against Aaron Rodgers on all but two of his dropbacks, and put him under duress or sacked him on 11 of his 43 dropbacks. Rodgers was limited to 2-of-9 passing for 13 yards on such attempts after recording a league-high 80.1 Total QBR (among qualified quarterbacks) in such situations during his first 17 games.
[+][h=4]Aaron Rodgers Passing Under Duress, This Season (inc. postseason)[/h]
1st 17 GamesSaturday*
Comp pct44.622.2
Yds per att6.71.4
1st down pct31.30.0

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody><tfoot>
[TD="colspan: 3"]*Tied season-high with 9 attempts under duress[/TD]

</tfoot>
Close [X]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]The 49ers have gained 579 yards in this game, the most they've ever gained in a playoff game in franchise history and the 5th time they've gone over 450. The other 4 games on the list are in the Super Bowl... So, in each of the previous 4 seasons they've gained 450 yards in a playoff game, they won the Super Bowl.
[+][h=4]Most Yards in Playoff Game - 49ers Franchise History[/h]
Opponent
Saturday579Packers
Jan. 20, 1985 *537Dolphins
Jan. 28, 1990 *461Broncos
Jan. 29, 1995 *455Chargers
Jan. 22, 1989 *452Bengals

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody><tfoot>
[TD="colspan: 3"]* Won Super Bowl[/TD]

</tfoot>
Close [X]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]
ESPN Stats & Information​
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I'll say this. Harbaugh is the coach of the team. The HC. He makes the decisions regarding his football team. He can start and sit who he wants in my opinion.

I have no problem if he starts Kap. He came to this team 2 years ago. He didn't draft Alex Smith. He drafted Kap. The 49ers pursued Peyton and fell short, mainly because Peyton did not get along well with Harbaugh. Peyton nixed it.

Alex Smith went down with a concussion. Could not go so Kap goes in. Harbaugh handles the situation poorly and never really commits to Kap and just says we have 2 great Qbs and we play the "hot hand" and we have 2.

Then Alex Smith says a few words, and then we have today. My take:

Jim Harbaugh: He is the coach and evidently a very good one. He seems like a complete cocksucker though. Look Alex Smith was what he inherited, not what he wanted. Kap was gonna be his guy. He handled the move poorly though by waiting for the concussion, and then handling the interviews in a bad way. To me he has just handled the whole situation poorly....very poorly. I wish he woulda just said Kap is my guy. Woulda respected that more....everyone would have.

Alex Smith: Handled the situation great at first. Then came out and said a few things that I thought he shouldnt have said. If this is a "team game" shouldnt you root for the "team"? I want you to be competitive, and want to start. Talk to coach internally. Dont say what you said, but say the week before it is a team thing etc...And I know last year was cool and all but you arent Brady. Your job was always in jeopardy since you came in the league.

Colin Kap: Like a pro. Got his chance and running with it. Doin all he can do

Niners guys that go to the game or watch the games fully. Does Smith go and talk with Kap on the sidelines during the games? Is he involved or just bites a towel?
:shake:

Sports is a $$ Business--- Bottom line we can all agree that ALEX SMITH is a good NFL QB-- However we can also all agree that KAPERNICK is a VERY GOOD QB-

Harbaugh is not well liked as he is very arrogant, but his approach works even if he does not do things in the most DIPLOMATIC MANNER.

Sports is a $$ Business--- Bottom line we can all agree that ALEX SMITH is a good NFL QB-- However we can also all agree that KAPERNICK is a VERY GOOD QB-

Harbaugh is not well liked as he is very arrogant, but his approach works even if he does not do things in the most DIPLOMATIC MANNER.
Peyton Manning would be in San Fran if it wasnt for Harbaugh

I think you'll be more consistent with Alex. There will be higher highs and lowers lows with kaep. He's rolling the dice that the low doesn't present itself in the tournament. My opinion is kaep makes the team more exciting and explosive but they have a better chance to win a SB with Alex.

Still agree with this comment. As they have fallen behind, but fortunately for the 9ers they were able to come from behind.

Kap has significantly more ARM strength than ALEX SMITH-- Add in the amazing MOBILITY and you have a QB that can beat the Giants and the teams with ELITE defenses-

Kapernick is not a game manager, he can stretch the field deep, and make the defense play the whole field--

There is really no DEBATE about SMITH vs KAPERNICK-

The only thing that people are debating is an ETHICAL DILEMNA-- Was HARBAUGH justified in playing COLIN KAPERNICK as the starter due to ALEX SMITH injury-

Jim Harbaugh is the COACH- He sees both QBS practice everyday- He knows what to look for- He was a former NFL QB himself- Harbaugh knows more than all of us as he sees them practice every single day-
In the NFL its NEXT MAN UP- The best players will play- Tom BRADY replaced DREW BLEDSOE and the rest is history-

Harbaugh if he so chose to could bench both KAPERNICK and SMITH and make TROY SMITH the starter if he feels it will give the team the best chance to win-
You cannot argue that HARBAUGH knew something because his team is in the SUPERBOWL now and KAPERNICK beat BRADY at GILETTE stadium, and defeated RODGERS and then down 17-0 came back vs RYAN and also blew the BEARS vaunted defense out on MONDAY night when the BEARS were actually playing great defense--

Harbaugh didnt do anything wrong in reality- We are discussing this a lot because of BELIEF systems. People seem to believe in belief systems such as a PLAYER cannot lose his job to injury? If a better player replaces you and plays awesome you better bet your last dollar that the new player will replace the injured player.

In a regular office environment an injured employee would not lose his position to a new employee. This is assured in most professions-
However the NFL is a PRODUCTION and PERFORMANCE business $$$--- THis means that the players that can PRODUCE more and PERFORM better will play because ultimately they will make the TEAM or BUSINESS more profitable- KAPERNICK is going to make the 9'ers a lot of $ in JERSEY sales, superbowl sales, and so on, and that is why HARBAUGH cannot be criticized for making him the starter-

If SMITH vs KAPERNICK were 2 government workers the situation would be reversed and SMITH would have gotten his job back for sure-

if i were a niner fan i'm quite certain i'm more excited about a future with kap than a future with manning

but i'm not a niner fan

if i were a niner fan i'm quite certain i'm more excited about a future with kap than a future with manning

but i'm not a niner fan
well obviously. Kap has the tools. He can throw the ball well. I believe Alex Smith does not get them this far.

not sure they win the division with alex, then it woulda been really tough to get to the game

not sure they win the division with alex, then it woulda been really tough to get to the game
True. Boy Wonder has shown that he is pretty fucking awesome.

The best of all this new influx of QB? To see how they do NEXT year...pretty exciting

throw in chip's version and it should be fun

this ain't the wildcat, it's the next generation of nfl football

One thing KJ is how they are gonna treat these QBs. The threat to run opens up for more hits etc.

I will never forget the time Vince Young scored(I THINK vs the Giants) because it seemed like the defense was afraid to tackle him, and it cost the game and the spread

This new crop is more talented we think(VK gonna enter soon) and will have the chance to prove it:shake:

As the defensive and offensive players these days are basically super freaks of nature, the QB POSITION is also undergoing a change, in that the athleticism to play QB is changing-

You will now see guys that can THROW the ball who can run 4.4 second 40 yard dashes. The difference is these guys are THROWING qbs first and runners second-

You look at KAPERNICK and Russel Wilson and RG3- They are basically a MODERN version of what MIKE VICK and VINCE YOUNG were suppposed to be- THe difference here being that these guys are LEGIT throwers and can read the defense-
Also if you look at these young qbs, they are all very confident and all had stellar grades in school- Their smarts is amazing- Luck went to stanford, Russel wilson is very well spoken, even KAP seems like he can lead a team-

Andrew Luck is like the new version of a DROP BACK QB- He is a MIX of PEYTON MANNING drop back style and BEN ROTHLESBERGER scrambling ability-

IF you think about the SPEED and outright athleticism of the defenses in the NFL these days, it makes sense that the QBS would have to EVOLVE into more athletic guys who could run and throw-

I think a big reason why both BRADY and MANNING lost this year in the playoffs was because they have little to no scrambling ability. They cannot avoid sacks- They buy themselves no extra time.

I blame Levy and his staff first and foremost, they got fucking schooled in that Bowl. Kelly on that last drive was also poor, Norwood should have been kicking a freebie for the win.

Not sure the Bills got schooled in that game, but I agree with your point that Norwood should have been kicking a freebie at the end. The Bills decided to get conservative on that last drive, as opposed to continuing with what worked all game. Had they not gone conservative, Norwood would have been kicking a chip shot FG as opposed to a 47 yarder.

colinchoochoo.0_standard_709.0.gif

Awesome bro. Good to see u back. Didnt want to stay Cobra?

How is the Capping Command Centre?

Rally Horse still eeeeeawwwwwwwwing?

I want to return to Sammy *********- See if you could help me out and get my original name back-

The Command Centre was totally disabled when I moved- I set up a new system in a DEN--

I am running a 70 inch Sharp LED Tv professionally installed on the Wall-- Then I have 2 projectors that I bring in for Football days and I hook them up with a different RECEIVER and I split the CABLE so I can watch 3 games at once--
ITs pretty convenient- I even bought from Staples these portable speakers that plug into the projectors to get sound-

Love me Alex Smith but Kaep has all the tools. He's arguably better than the big 3 of this rookie class right now. Way more gifts than all of them and doesn't make too many mistakes like most of them. Wins a SB here and the path to being one of the goats is there for the taking.

why are you so sure though....just curious

You kidding, Peyton Manning has a lousy record when it comes to the postseason. Bottom line is he doesn't measure up to his regular season stats and is simply overrated. Even the year he finally won a Super Bowl he had a below average postseason, with 3TD's and 7 int's with a qb rating below 70.

anyway u need to slice it daveniner. that is the reason manning is not there though. i know this for fact.

That's ok, if he doesn't like Harbaugh. But, I'm pretty sure that he would rather be playing on Feb. 3, instead of Jan. 27.

Well the plan didn't get Harbaugh is SB ring, we will never know what would have happened if he stuck with Smith after the injury. The question now will be where does Smith end up. I think it will be Philly, Minny or KC. That being said, I don't think he's a good fit for Andy's offense. I think he should run what they've been letting Kaep do in SF and what Wilson is doing in Seattle. The guy ran it in college and is a pretty good athlete in his own right.

Back