What's The Best Team Total(over) For Wk5?

Sportsbettor4life

Hey everyone, looking at this week's card I really have not found anything that stuck out to me, as many games have big chalk(LSU, USC, Ohio ST,etc) and too many other games are too close to call(West Virginia/SF, Bama/FSU). I decided that I wanted to play an over team total this week and have been looking at some teams with some explosive offensive firepower. I was wondering who you all thought would be the best/strongest play of the bunch. So far I am strongly looking at

- Oklahoma over 39.5 against Colorado(I know they have Texas next week, but in order for them to crack the top two, they have to keep blowing people out, not to mention they have two stud RB's and an QB who is playing mistake free football)
- Cal over 33.5 against Oregon(this should be a wild west shootout, as neither team can play a lick of defense, as evidenced last week when Oregon let Stanford put up 31 against them. Cal has not played a tough defensive opponent all year and they are avg about 41.5 points. This is the toughest place to play in the Pac 10 and Cal has not at Autzen Stadium in 20 years, so I am not picking them to win/cover but I think scoring should not be a problem for them)
- Alabama over 21(They do not quite have the offensive firepower as the two aforementioned teams, and FSU has a pretty good defense, but I think it will be difficult for either team to run the ball with any consistency/success, and I believe FSU is vulnerable in pass defense, not to mention in big time/pressure games Weatherford tends to fold and should be good for a pick 6 or two. In what should be a close game, I think Bama can score at least 21.

I originally wanted to go with tulsa on the team total but it came out at 44.5 and it just kept rising. that OU total should be pretty good til 42 b/c 6 td's is like a half of football for the OU team this year.

GL

By the way welcome to the site.

there will probably be a ton of running the ball in the Oregon-Cal game. I agree that Cal should be able to move the ball well and score, but with the clock moving fast, it may be hard for them to eclipse that number.

I thought about the LSU game, but I think this might be a game where Les Miles and company call off the dogs early, and get ready for the Gators next week. They are already the consensus number 2 team in the country, with some folks believing they are the top team in the country. Thanks for the words of advice guys, I think I am going to play my original gut feeling at take the Sooners.

I don't think sooners get to 40. playing in altitude against a decent defense with texas on deck. stoops on road vs a team that can tackle and defend ( sorry tulsa fans ) will be more conservative in this game and colorado offense should be just potent enough to move the chains a few times but not potent enough to force oklahoma to have to score. Bad spot for ou to put up 40. just my opinion which has yet to materialize into a valuable one so far.

What about LSU 1H? Right now the Game Total is 27.5. LSU Team Total for the game is 47 with the Game O/U at 50.

I have not locked in my play yet but I am starting to think about the Sooners a bit more, maybe over 27.5 for the 1st half in the LSU/Tulane game might be a better bit? Any team total bettors have some insight/suggestions.

I locked in both OU and Purdue over 38 earlier this week. OU now up to 39.5 and Purdue to 38.5, but still think both are solid plays as long as they are at 39.5 or less. Guess we will see tomorrow, best of luck.

I hit the LSU 1H game and 1Q game totals. Debating on an OU team total as well as LSU - either team total or game total.

BOL CB and Ghost. Purdue does seem like a good play, I am driving myself nuts trying to find something to play: Sooners over 39.5, LSU -24.5 for the first half and now I am contemplating the Boilermakers at 38 as Painter has been throwing bombs all season and Purdue definitely wants to run it up against Jabba and company, especially after Jabba said ND "would no longer be losing to the Purdue's of the world".

Back