What did ya learn on blackout Saturday?

Georgia slips to 10 lol. Imagine any other conference team losing at home as 21 pt fave to garbage team. Love the Kirby spin and the narrative the will never die, anyone in the SEC can win like that, every game is a war. Apparently UNLV didn’t get the memo. Keep losing Georgia, you’ve earned enough false cred to get you into NY6.

And the refs tried to give it to Georgia with that atrocious call after the incomplete pass on 4th down
And SC was down to its third-string qb lmao

And the refs tried to give it to Georgia with that atrocious call after the incomplete pass on 4th down
And SC was down to its third-string qb lmao

THe holding call? Yeah. Like receiver knew he couldn't get to it (badly over thrown) so he slowed a bit to let defender get some contact and it never really was a hold. But top 5 home team gonna get the calls they need.

For such a big upset...

Things still are quiet.

So... interesting ;)

I don't think there are any GEorgia fans are there here? Another non sports forum I go there are some Georgia fans. They are MIA. But I bet if we go looking for them online in the UGA fan spots and news article comment pages it is hitting the fan.

I don't think there are any GEorgia fans are there here? Another non sports forum I go there are some Georgia fans. They are MIA. But I bet if we go looking for them online in the UGA fan spots and news article comment pages it is hitting the fan.
I didn't mean on here, moreso nationally.

We have one Georgia fan but he only checks in here or there...

I'd shoot him a text but I can't say much when my team gave up 25 to Illinois.

The name escapes me, who was our S Carolina fan? Posted his own thread every week. Went to home games. Don't think he was around last year either. Thought of him, you get a win like that vs rival it's like nothing else matters rest of the year.

Everyone else (nationally) quiet because they want to sweep this under the rug and hope everyone forgets about it.

The name escapes me, who was our S Carolina fan? Posted his own thread every week. Went to home games. Don't think he was around last year either. Thought of him, you get a win like that vs rival it's like nothing else matters rest of the year.

Everyone else (nationally) quiet because they want to sweep this under the rug and hope everyone forgets about it.
I thought of him and an original member ETG yesterday as well...

ETG was our super SCe fan ...

Watching Nebraska - Minnesota replay. 14:00 2nd Q NEB has run 15 plays in UM territory to UM's 4 in Neb terr. 7-0 gophers. Neb was prepared to tie woulda had 1st goal at 5 but blk in back brought it back (back-to-back penalties) now punt.

UF/LSU was fun. LSUs defense is as equally bad as their offense is good. Please don’t come at me with UF offense is good, or they have gotten better each week. I’ll admit that Trask is a severe upgrade, but that running game has not changed. Same RBs and O-Line that started the year. LSU was gashed for chunk play after chunk play.
Florida’s offense isn’t great and LSU’s defense isn’t good, but really didn’t see it this way. Florida hit on a few passes but was mostly methodical and executed extremely well. LSU couldn’t get them off schedule except a few times late in the game. Florida ran 84 plays at 5.4 YPP, 3.7 per carry and 7.1 per pass attempt.

Crazy stat, LSU only faced 4 third downs on offense the entire game.

Lombardi should've got in the game. Lewerke was just brutal.

I see he did play, after I turned it off apparently. 5-14-66-int clearly not the reason or answer.

Watching Nebraska - Minnesota replay. 14:00 2nd Q NEB has run 15 plays in UM territory to UM's 4 in Neb terr. 7-0 gophers. Neb was prepared to tie woulda had 1st goal at 5 but blk in back brought it back (back-to-back penalties) now punt.

It all went down hill from there. Maybe Neb played better first 16 minutes than score showed but rest of game was all Goldie's. Neb was stopped in fake punt midfield down 0-21 early 3rd.

Ole Miss seemed to score on the final play of the 1H, but they did not even review it. That was really all she wrote on that ML.

The last play I thought he was stopped. Had OM+ and ML. I was upset with continual busts in the secondary some on 3rd and long. Then, just when I wrote off hope of any comeback OM had then pinned on that downed KO, but they roughed Bryant now the EZ and mizzou killed the final 5min or whatever.

That was the best I've seen the Gopher OL play in a loooooooong time. Granted, looked like the corn gave up after a while but good to see the first aggressive OL play maybe since the Maroney/Barber days.

Minnesota is 1 of 3 teams in the nation to be allowing 100% red zone scores (Kan St and FIU the two others). Opponents are 15 for 15 scoring when they enter the RZ on Minny. The TD % of 80% is second worst in the nation, only UConn and Nevada are worse.

Minnesota has benefited from not having to face an opponent's primary QB for either most of or all of the game in 4 of their 6 games.

Mountain West improved to 3-2 vs the SEC.

W - UNLV at Vandy, San Jose at Arky, Wyoming vs Mizzou
L - Utah St at LSU, Col St at Arky (this game was close til a couple events in the 4th)

Indiana led 14-0 less than 3 minutes into the game (35-0 F).

Rutgers passed for 1 - ONE - O N E - yard. (5-of-13-1-0-0)

Last edited:
Purdue's Jake Plummer 33-41-420-3-0

80.5% completion percentage highest ever in Purdue history with minimum 40 attempts

The Trojans were on the wrong end of a bad call that led to the decisive points for Notre Dame.

And Pac-12 officials were responsible.

If you missed it …

The Trojans were trailing 20-13 late in the third quarter but had momentum.

On third-and-six near midfield, Notre Dame quarterback Ian Book threw an incomplete pass.

It should have been fourth down/punt/USC ball.

But the officials called Trojans linebacker Palaie Gaoteote for roughing the passer.

The first down led to an Irish field goal.

Those three points became the difference in Notre Dame’s 30-27 win.

But teplay showed Gaoteote wasn’t guilty of roughing the passer:

The contact wasn’t unreasonably late; the force of the contact was to Book’s side, not head or chest; and the process of taking Book to the field wasn’t punishing.

In other words: Gaoteote didn’t drive Book into the ground.

Terry McAulay, the former NFL official who serves as NBC’s rules expert, was clear in his dislike for the call — not once but twice: On the initial review and then again a few minutes later.

Helton understandably blew a gasket.

Although the play ultimately impacted the outcome of the game, it might not qualify for public comment under the criteria set by the conference:

Game-ending call or no-call impacting the result of the game;
Call involving a significant error in officiating mechanics;
Call involving an error in rules interpretation; or
Other extraordinary circumstances

The roughing call wasn’t, for example, as directly responsible for the outcome as the missed call on the field goal in the Michigan State-ASU game.

(Pac-12 officials missed a vaulting penalty on the Sun Devils that should have given MSU a second attempt to force overtime.)

Apparently, the Upper Midwest brings out the worst in Pac-12 officials.

The Fresno State Bulldogs (2-3, 0-1 in the MW) started the game strong.

Quarterback Jorge Reyna hit 17 of his first 18 passes and Fresno State scored three touchdowns and kicked a field goal on their first four possessions.

But the Bulldogs did little in the second half — Fresno State generated just one first down after halftime — and never were able to slow down the Falcons ground game

They had just 25 yards of offense with Reyna going 3 of 9 for 19 yards in the second half with an interception that was returned for a touchdown and the running game generating only six yards on four plays.

Read more here: https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/co...-football/article236076098.html#storylink=cpy

Just an observation I don't really think this is fact or anything, but it almost seems like now that LSU has an O, the pressure isn't on the D and the D isn't as good because of it. I don't know if it is their scheme, or their intensity or it could all be in my head. But there was just something to knowing in a big SEC game like that pre-2019 the LSU D knew they had to come out and play out. Now, the O can carry the day.
I’ll link you some thing that our board said.
Sounds a lot like what you said. And I tend to agree

So disappointed in the Horns on Saturday. It was a route while only a 7-point outcome. O-line could not handle basic twists and stunts from the OU defensive line. As a result, you're going to get 9 sacks. And does it really hurt to call a basic screen to a tailback to make an aggressive d-line pull back a little? Worse was the abysmal tackling by the defense, epitomized by the comedic futility below on Lamb's TD. Especially by Ossai (our LB, #46).

Ugh.

So disappointed in the Horns on Saturday. It was a route while only a 7-point outcome. O-line could not handle basic twists and stunts from the OU defensive line. As a result, you're going to get 9 sacks. And does it really hurt to call a basic screen to a tailback to make an aggressive d-line pull back a little? Worse was the abysmal tackling by the defense, epitomized by the comedic futility below on Lamb's TD. Especially by Ossai (our LB, #46).

Ugh.

the o/u on lamb's receptions was 4.5. I don't think ive ever seen a worse line. I felt like I was stealing when I clicked submit

I've said this for several weeks. Now, they are So good offensively that it hasn't mattered. But, anything can happen. The defense will get better but it's not a true Bama defense.

They are definitely not to the level of years past. That was never going to happen with attrition and injuries at LB and to a lesser extent DL this year. Thankfully we have an offense capable of scoring on pretty much anybody. There was some reason to be optimistic about the defense from Saturday's game. Pass rush was much better, and should improve if Christian Barmore can do the things off the field to get on it more often. Terrell Lewis finally started to look like the player we thought he can be. And I know that advanced stats aren't for everyone, but they suggest that our defense isn't quite as vulnerable as the counting stats would have us believe. Still, it's scary watching LSU's offense and thinking about what they can do to us. Luckily I think we can do pretty much the same to their defense. I think this is a championship level team, we're just going to have to rely on the offense to do most of the heavy lifting

They are definitely not to the level of years past. That was never going to happen with attrition and injuries at LB and to a lesser extent DL this year. Thankfully we have an offense capable of scoring on pretty much anybody. There was some reason to be optimistic about the defense from Saturday's game. Pass rush was much better, and should improve if Christian Barmore can do the things off the field to get on it more often. Terrell Lewis finally started to look like the player we thought he can be. And I know that advanced stats aren't for everyone, but they suggest that our defense isn't quite as vulnerable as the counting stats would have us believe. Still, it's scary watching LSU's offense and thinking about what they can do to us. Luckily I think we can do pretty much the same to their defense. I think this is a championship level team, we're just going to have to rely on the offense to do most of the heavy lifting
Good stuff.

Still, it's scary watching LSU's offense and thinking about what they can do to us.

I don't ever recall a more drastic YOY metamorphosis for a unit than LSU's offense. Think about how we used to view that side of the ball for them - a good game's output might be 17 - 20 points. And now you might see that in a quarter. The offense flows so smoothly and easily - all facets of it - line, RBs, WRs and QB are constantly in sync.

And I know that advanced stats aren't for everyone, but they suggest that our defense isn't quite as vulnerable as the counting stats would have us believe.
The same probably applies to LSU to some extent also. I think it’s more of a perception thing with it being so different from where they normally are. It’s weird watching a game and hoping for a stop or a big play to get off the field, as opposed to knowing that’s the norm and being surprised by the other team sustaining drives.

That's insane.

There was no one within 5 yards of Lamb on every throw. I counted one throw, literally, that Hurts had to make into a tight window. Not taking anything away from him but our defense, or lack thereof, just made it basically pitch and catch all afternoon.

I’ve never wanted a game in BR so bad.
These teams look a lot alike.

I’ve never wanted a game in BR so bad.
These teams look a lot alike.

I bet. Though given the record at BR, maybe better for LSU this is in Tuscaloosa. The two teams are eerily similar. Offenses are a little different, but both have efficiency machines at QB. Both defenses young with little depth. Should be a good one

Because SDSt, Fresno and GaSouthern are better than what the Big Ten has offered Min so far. I'm half joking.
It cracked me up because they didn't exactly look good early on....perhaps hitting their stride

Gophs should be 8-0 then and drinking PLENTY of kool-aid. They get PSU here, so that's a plus, but they will be a far different class of competition relative to anything the Gophers will see to that point. The good part for Minny is that James Franklin is the coach on the other side of the field. For once, PJ might not be out-schemed....

Back