Weekend Futbol

TroyStacks

18" Pythons
Tott ML -222/Birmingham pk -155 .21/.30

Tottenham-1 .29/.24

Fulham FC -.5 .2/.2

So far Fulham has been good to me so I will ride em once again in a game I feel they win 2-0. BOL everyone

unbelievable. I would not know where the hell to start with soccer, in fact, I can't even find these games at my book, I think I checked every league.

unbelievable. I would not know where the hell to start with soccer, in fact, I can't even find these games at my book, I think I checked every league.

i could say the exact same thing for College Football!!! I don't where the hell to start with that, lol. Stick around, you'll have fun here, i'll definitely be looking at your plays once CFB hits in.

haha mike, hopefully CFB goes well. One question, what friggen league are these games at? Looking to play them at Thegreek

umm there are different leagues different nations.

Major ones are in England, Italy, Spain, German, France and Holland.

The games Stacks are playing, is the English Premier League.

umm there are different leagues different nations.

Major ones are in England, Italy, Spain, German, France and Holland.

The games Stacks are playing, is the English Premier League.

did they already start or something? England gota be about 4-5 hours ahead of my time huh. I didn't think about that

yup they are 5 hours ahead, on Saturdays the first game kicks off at 7:45am EST while the next set of games kick off at 10:00am and the last game of the day is at 12:15pm EST
On Sunday the time varies so be sure to check the times out. So you can only imagine when CFB kicks in, the amount of activity going on.

if you got any questions just ask, there's a ton of leagues, too many infact, i use to go all over the place but now i try to stick to a few so i have more time to review.

hey mike I got a question for you, can you explain what all the UEFA stuff is all about? I looked on wikipedia but theres so many different things what is the UEFA cup and UEFA champions league. I know they rank the leagues and all that to allow certain amount of teams in, but what else?

Brarstar,

Champions league is a group of the top teams in the various leagues that make up UEFA, Union of European Football Association, I think. http://www.uefa.com. Usually the top 2-4 clubs for the bigger countries, such as Spain, England and Germany, and 1-2 for the smaller countries, such as Portugal and Poland.

The UEFA cup is a different cup that consists of the next two or three teams from the countries that didn't make it into the Champions League, usually 5th and 6th place, but varies among country. England gets these spots, but as stated above, in Scotland, their 1st and 2nd place only gets into Champions League, so their 3rd place goes to UEFA.

Hope this helps and of course, Toronto Mike can add more :)

definitely got the right idea.

It really gets confusing. There are also qualifying stages. Teams like Liverpool and Arsenal had to go through. Now if teams get knocked out of the last qualifying leg they will then be entered into the UEFA Cup.

hmm ok so the top teams go to qualify to get into the UEFA champions league if they get knocked out of their they can play in the UEFA cup, along with the 3rd or 4th place or even the 5th or 6th place team from one of the bigger soccer nations.

I think i'm getting it.

there is a ranking system for which leagues are the best. and based on those ranking systems, each league will have more representatives for the Cups.

For example England.

It is a top tier league therefore they will be given more slots for Champs League.

The top 2 of the EPL will get AUTOMATIC entrance into the Champs League. Which means Man Utd and Chelsea. However, the 3rd and 4th place teams Liverpool and Arsenal will play in the last qualifying rounds to enter the Champs League. If they win their 2 legged draw they will enter the Champs League, if they lose, they will be entered into the UEFA Cup. Now, after, 1 to 4, the EPL have UEFA Slots for teams 5 to 7. Which means England will be represented by Tottenham, Everton and Bolton. Now another way to enter the UEFA Cup is by winning the FA Cup in England. It gets even more complicated now because if a team that has already qualified for Europe wins the Cup, that Cup slot is given to the next available team. So it could be the team that finishes 8th or it could be the team that lost the FA Cup finals pending on their position on the table.

This sort of thing does not happen for all leagues because different leagues have different ranks and will go through different procedures. Over time you will learn how the system works and it does get adjusted pending on how certain teams from certain countries perform.

Back