Weekend Footy 2nd/3rd September

bad gambler

Pretty much a regular
With the FIBA tournament winding down my focus is fully back on the local scene especially with the run in into the finals.

Be back with some plays over the weekend.

:shake:

lol BC - memories of last year's NPC SF? ;) I still remember that, Otago were given something like +16.5 against the saders and turned them over. Tempted to hit the tonight as well...

AFL

Adelaide to beat Melbourne - (+115) (3 units)

A contrarion pick here - Melbourne have it all to play for with a top 4 on the line and with the Crows battling injuries to basically half their squad the public have jumped all over the Demons who have been backedfrom +130 to -140 in the space of a few days during the week.

A win for the Crows today gives them a chance for top spot - doesn't particular mean much but their coach Neil Craig has come out and said winning momentum is vital in the leadup of the finals, case in point with the Crows who have dropped 4 of their last 5 games. The Demons have not won in AAMI for over 5 years now.

Starts in 2 hours

good luck :shake:

ANZ Cup - Rugby

Otago to cover +6.5 v Canterbury - (-110) (2 units)

Given all the All Black players are on International duty, when you stack both these teams up there really is nothing between them IMO, in fact I would give the slight edge to Otago on the basis that they have a genuine match winner in Evans. Crusaders do however look bit stronger with the return of both Flynn and Ellis.

Otago are unbeaten and are on top of Pool B, however they have history against them in that they have not won the Ranfurly Shield in 50 years. Tonight I think could be the night.

bad gambler said:
AFL

Adelaide to beat Melbourne - (+115) (3 units)

A contrarion pick here - Melbourne have it all to play for with a top 4 on the line and with the Crows battling injuries to basically half their squad the public have jumped all over the Demons who have been backedfrom +130 to -140 in the space of a few days during the week.

A win for the Crows today gives them a chance for top spot - doesn't particular mean much but their coach Neil Craig has come out and said winning momentum is vital in the leadup of the finals, case in point with the Crows who have dropped 4 of their last 5 games. The Demons have not won in AAMI for over 5 years now.

Starts in 2 hours

win :shake:

bad gambler said:
ANZ Cup - Rugby

Otago to cover +6.5 v Canterbury - (-110) (2 units)

Given all the All Black players are on International duty, when you stack both these teams up there really is nothing between them IMO, in fact I would give the slight edge to Otago on the basis that they have a genuine match winner in Evans. Crusaders do however look bit stronger with the return of both Flynn and Ellis.

Otago are unbeaten and are on top of Pool B, however they have history against them in that they have not won the Ranfurly Shield in 50 years. Tonight I think could be the night.

Didn't end up winning, but scraped the cover :cheers:

ANZ Cup - Rugby

Playing both the favourites on Sunday....

Waikato to cover -15.5 v Hawkes Bay - (-110) (3 units)

This line potentially is an overreaction to the Mooloo's inept performance last week. By rights they should smash the Pies who have in the main struggled in the top flight this year.

Southland to cover -5.5 v Counties - (-110) (3.5 units)

Stags have been unlucky all season thus far after being more than competitive against the likes of Otagao and Waikato. Today I think they will appreciate the drop in class of their opponents.

I should have some adds for both AFL and NRL soon.

NRL - Rugby League

Brisbane Broncos HT/FT over Warriors - (-135) (3.5 units)

Broncos simply have too much to play for as a win today will given them 3rd spot on the ladder and a home semi final as well, on the basis of their F&A. The reason I did not take them on the spread is due to the the Warriors impressive record in recent times against them. Feel this is more of a safer option, albeit with a bit more chalk involved.

AFL

Geelong Cats to beat Hawthorn Hawks - (-130) (4 units)

Always a a bit of a lottery betting on games at the end of a season in any code when it involves two teams that don't have anything to play for, however there were signs last week that the Cats are back to more consistent form. They also own the 3rd best record this season of all teams in the Dome, no doubt they play the ground well.

bad gambler said:
ANZ Cup - Rugby

Playing both the favourites on Sunday....

Waikato to cover -15.5 v Hawkes Bay - (-110) (3 units)

This line potentially is an overreaction to the Mooloo's inept performance last week. By rights they should smash the Pies who have in the main struggled in the top flight this year.

Southland to cover -5.5 v Counties - (-110) (3.5 units)

Stags have been unlucky all season thus far after being more than competitive against the likes of Otagao and Waikato. Today I think they will appreciate the drop in class of their opponents.

I should have some adds for both AFL and NRL soon.

Well Chiefs cover, god knows what happened in the Stags game - losing S/U is one thing, but getting hammered is pitiful.

bad gambler said:
NRL - Rugby League

Brisbane Broncos HT/FT over Warriors - (-135) (3.5 units)

Broncos simply have too much to play for as a win today will given them 3rd spot on the ladder and a home semi final as well, on the basis of their F&A. The reason I did not take them on the spread is due to the the Warriors impressive record in recent times against them. Feel this is more of a safer option, albeit with a bit more chalk involved.

AFL

Geelong Cats to beat Hawthorn Hawks - (-130) (4 units)

Always a a bit of a lottery betting on games at the end of a season in any code when it involves two teams that don't have anything to play for, however there were signs last week that the Cats are back to more consistent form. They also own the 3rd best record this season of all teams in the Dome, no doubt they play the ground well.

Broncos get it done, Cats don't even show up and got absolutely :spank:

Back