Weekday florida atlantic vs troy

• Thread starter Thread starter ontime23
  • Start date Start date
i think if it weren't for all of the injuries being a huge question mark for mtsu coming into the season, the troy line would have been closer to troy -4. also, that is what i put the fau/mtsu line at the beginning of the season...fau -3.5, and despite the loss, i think it was the more accurate line. that mtsu/maryland game along with home teams killing it during the week had a lot to do with the line adjustment imo. those two things being said, i think an accurate line for this game would have been a pk or fau -1 here. i agree with kyle, the wrong team is favored

AFter some further research I agree with you and VK. I couldnt recall much of the Troy and MTSU game to be honest so had to reference back. Also wasnt aware much of the injuries questions either . Regardless of anything troy didnt whip MTSU like I thought they did. They got 2 key turnovers and the game was a TD late and Troy closed it off unlike FAU did. So I go with -6 being fair but I am 100% confident the fair line bewteen FAU @ MTSU last week was a PK and huge reason why I played FAU.

Anyway that would mean in my world the line should be Troy -2.5 at the highest so anything above is inflated in my world .

I think FAU has done some good things and its really tough to figure out Troy to there credit they didnt play that badly @ Ohio State but the Buckeyes have much improved since that game IMO . FAU has just been killed by sloppiness and turnovers. Again another reason why I took FAU last week thinking a softier opponent might help erase those mistakes but not so really . So now I am thinking being HOME wil help erase alot of the sloppiness bewteen dropped passes and turnovers and everything else .

Also sort of a must win now for FAU who had high expectations coming in like the Vikings in the NFL yesterday .

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=gamehead><TD colSpan=5>Record When Scoring... (Since 2001)</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=middle><TD align=left> </TD><TD>20 OR MORE</TD><TD>30 OR MORE</TD><TD>40 OR MORE</TD><TD>50 OR MORE</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD align=left>TROY</TD><TD>40-14-0</TD><TD>18-3-0</TD><TD>13-0-0</TD><TD>1-0-0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD align=left>FAU</TD><TD>38-7-0</TD><TD>25-1-0</TD><TD>7-0-0</TD><TD>2-0-0</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=middle><TD align=left> </TD><TD>LESS THAN 20</TD><TD>LESS THAN 30</TD><TD>LESS THAN 40</TD><TD>LESS THAN 50</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD align=left>TROY</TD><TD>6-27-0</TD><TD>28-38-0</TD><TD>33-41-0</TD><TD>45-41-0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD align=left>FAU</TD><TD>4-39-0</TD><TD>17-45-0</TD><TD>35-46-0</TD><TD>40-46-0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Noticed this chart on ESPN . Pretty sick that when scoring 30++ pts in a game FAU is 25-1 since 2001 . Good chance they do that here IMO . If they score just 20+ still an impressive 38-7 . Also Troy when failing to crack 20pts is only 6-27 and 28-38 when failing to crack 30++ ...FAU scored 30++ in a wain @ Troy last year and has a large returning core .

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=gamehead><TD colSpan=3>Team Stat Comparison</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD align=left> </TD><TD>
2653.gif
</TD><TD>
2393.gif
</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>1st Downs</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>20</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Total Yards</TD><TD>300</TD><TD>284</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Passing</TD><TD>136</TD><TD>200</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Rushing</TD><TD>164</TD><TD>84</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Penalties</TD><TD>4-29</TD><TD>5-53</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>3rd Down Conversions</TD><TD>4-13</TD><TD>6-19</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>4th Down Conversions</TD><TD>0-1</TD><TD>0-4</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Turnovers</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Possession</TD><TD>24:06</TD><TD>35:54</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pretty unimpressive when you look at the game @ MTSU with Troy IMO . So Troy capitialized on the TWO 1st MTSU turnovers to take a 17-3 lead but also remember that MTSU settled for a 22yd FG if they make that a TD it holds more weight in how they actually played . Not sure exactly where thses turnovers took place because INFO is limited on these games as I cant find teh DRIVE CHARTS on any major sports sites but it says clearly the turnovers helped them build a 17-3 lead so its safe to say they led to 10 pts maybe 14 pts . Factor in the failure to punch it by MTSU and you know see that 14 pt lead quickly erased from teh 10-14 that Troy was handed and MTSU left 4 off the board .

Looking at Troy there issue seems to be handling opponents teams passing attacks. Thats how MTSU rallied , Pryor had 4 TD 's in his 1st college start and some nice sized ones distance wise , Zac Robinson had 3 TDs in the 1st 25 minutes of the game to build a 28-7 then they basically just ran it the rest of the way .

1st drive 4/5 43yds TD
2nd drive 3/3 30yds (consecutive false starts killed the drive)
3rd drive 1/1 17yds
4th drive 2/2 42yds TD
5th drive 1/1 44 yds TD

So up to this point again the 1st 25 minutes of play :
11/12 186yds 3Tds
add the 1st drive of the 1st H 2/2 38yds so 1st H 12/14 230yds 3 TD passes

Now Troy to there credit was okay on offense @ Ohio State really think 10 is about what they should have scored somewhere in teh 10-14 pt range . Then at okie State solid work IMO--

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblhead><TH colSpan=6>Troy Drives</TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>1st Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time
</TH><TH>Time
Poss
</TH><TH>Drive
Began
</TH><TH># of
Plays
</TH><TH>Yards
Gained
</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>9:37 </TD><TD class=c>1:42 </TD><TD class=c>Troy 27</TD><TD class=c>6</TD><TD class=c>47</TD><TD class=c>Downs</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>5:06 </TD><TD class=c>2:25 </TD><TD class=c>Troy 23</TD><TD class=c>5</TD><TD class=c>29</TD><TD class=c>Int</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>0:23 </TD><TD class=c>3:06 </TD><TD class=c>Troy 20</TD><TD class=c>8</TD><TD class=c>55</TD><TD class=c>Fumble</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>2nd Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time
</TH><TH>Time
Poss
</TH><TH>Drive
Began
</TH><TH># of
Plays
</TH><TH>Yards
Gained
</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>7:22 </TD><TD class=c>2:10 </TD><TD class=c>Troy 27</TD><TD class=c>6</TD><TD class=c>73</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>2:45 </TD><TD class=c>1:54 </TD><TD class=c>Troy 20</TD><TD class=c>12</TD><TD class=c>50</TD><TD class=c>FG</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>0:16 </TD><TD class=c>0:16 </TD><TD class=c>Troy 40</TD><TD class=c>2</TD><TD class=c>7</TD><TD class=c>End Half</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

1st touch they fumble on a play starting at the OKST 26
2nd touch they get INT on a play starting at OKST 48
3rd touch they fumble on a play starting at the OKST 25
TD
47yd FG
end of Half

So they probably left out at least 6 points and maybe as many as 14 but doubt they would have scored both times as the offense just isnt that crisp . However they also allowed TDs on 5 of 6 possessions.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblhead><TH colSpan=6>Florida Atlantic Drives</TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>1st Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time
</TH><TH>Time
Poss
</TH><TH>Drive
Began
</TH><TH># of
Plays
</TH><TH>Yards
Gained
</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>15:00 </TD><TD class=c>2:40 </TD><TD class=c>FAU 40</TD><TD class=c>8</TD><TD class=c>21</TD><TD class=c>Fumble</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>8:48 </TD><TD class=c>2:07 </TD><TD class=c>FAU 20</TD><TD class=c>6</TD><TD class=c>40</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>3:08 </TD><TD class=c>1:20 </TD><TD class=c>FAU 18</TD><TD class=c>6</TD><TD class=c>74</TD><TD class=c>Int</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>0:36 </TD><TD class=c>2:12 </TD><TD class=c>FAU 39</TD><TD class=c>8</TD><TD class=c>47</TD><TD class=c>FG</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>2nd Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time
</TH><TH>Time
Poss
</TH><TH>Drive
Began
</TH><TH># of
Plays
</TH><TH>Yards
Gained
</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>8:55 </TD><TD class=c>1:35 </TD><TD class=c>FAU 16</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>-2</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>3:18 </TD><TD class=c>1:38 </TD><TD class=c>FAU 32</TD><TD class=c>5</TD><TD class=c>68</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>0:35 </TD><TD class=c>0:35 </TD><TD class=c>FAU 30</TD><TD class=c>1</TD><TD class=c>-3</TD><TD class=c>End Half</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now FAU @ Texas in the season opener for the OWLS . I would say playing @ Texas is tougher then @ Okie State and texas IMO is a better team and defense . Maybe some disagree I dont know.

They were helped by good position ...
1st touch play starting at the Texas 39 fumble (texas TD follows)
2nd touch drive ends at the Texas 40 on punt (texas TD follows)
3rd touch drive ends on an INT on a play started at the Texas 8
4th touch settle for a FG on a drive that ends at the Texas 16 (now 14-3)(texas TD follows 21-3)
5th touch 3 and out (Texas TD follows (28-3)
6th touch FAU TD (28-10)

Cant say Okie State didnt enjot good field position last week vs Troy but FAU had allowed 2 TDs from basically what was midfield . Also allowing 1 TD less .
The offense on all 5 possessions played well into Texas territory . Cant say the opening drive would have led to points but looking at how they moved it the entire half hard to believe they could at least get a FG attempt . Some better execution by FAU and maybe we see a closer game then 28-10 maybe 21-17 or 21-13,16 or 17....Anyway we know FAU talked alot going into that game and looks like once Texas scored to open teh 2nd H they jsut were flat ....

So IMO FAU played better at Texas then Troy did @ Okie State and probably played better @ MTSU then Troy did despite what the final says . Also think FAU played alot better at both Mich State and Minny then the score read .....

Bottomline : Huge game for FAU here and they also travel the next 2 weeks so ONLY home game in a 6 game stretch !!!!!!! They must win here for many obvious reasons / Does that mean they win ?? Of course not but does look alot like the situation Minnesotafaced last night in the NFL . A falw in Troys defense is there pass defense well Rusty Smith is the key to the FAU offense and is off some bad games now gets a game at home . Last year @ Troy Rusty had 291 yds 2TDs and no INts also a FRESHMAN he had 312 yds passing 2TDs and 2 INTS which there was no garbage pts either as it was 17-17 until Troy hit a huge pass play for a TD mid 3rd q which ended up the last score of thegame . All of Troys TD were big pass plays 70,67 , 54yds =191 yds of the 325 Haugabook threw that day . Troy was not very good on 3rd down going 3/14 but 2/4 on 4th and last year Troy was 5/16 on 3rd down but again 2/3 om 4th .

FAU really didnt lose much of anything from last year and Troy lost some key WRs and there QB. So hard to believe that FAU hasnt improved some and we see a tad weaker version of Troy here . The lines were -3 @ FAU when Smith was a freshman and +15 last year @ Troy which proved to be to much probably should have been about +10 @ FAU.....

Anyway very strong play on FAU +4 and ML is worth a decent sized shot IMO( personally not a huge fan of MLs unless they are +180 or better). No opinion on the total yet some stuff points to an over but the ole Tuesday Under comes into play .....also road teams have not traveled well midweek (Tue-Thurs)

BOL all !!!!!!!:cheers:

Well in fairness Troy was -6 @ MTSU and they played better then FAU did there last week. Who was +2.5 . So if the difference is 8.5 pts and the HFA goes to FAU then why didnt we see -5 here or there abouts . I do think from many reactions the feeling is Troy is to cheap . Well if the line should be about -5 and people are running to -3.5 then something here is off . Troy has regressed maybe and FAU off some tough losses and a crushing conference loss is in desperation mode facing a team it beat last year away and has confidence versus.

You might want to look over that Troy/MTSU game one more time before you say how much better they looked than FAU. MTSU was decimated by injury at the O-Line position for that game and left the ball inside the 5 yard line 4 times out of 5 trips. They drove all over Troy, but could not finish drives because tight ends don't block as well as tackles and guards. It was quite possibly the ugliest game ever played, but Troy got the 2 TD win. In actuality, both teams should've had to take the loss.

You might want to look over that Troy/MTSU game one more time before you say how much better they looked than FAU. MTSU was decimated by injury at the O-Line position for that game and left the ball inside the 5 yard line 4 times out of 5 trips. They drove all over Troy, but could not finish drives because tight ends don't block as well as tackles and guards. It was quite possibly the ugliest game ever played, but Troy got the 2 TD win. In actuality, both teams should've had to take the loss.

Thanks bro. That was written very late in the night here on the East Coast so I was just typing off memory . If you read my last post just a few above this you will see I totally agree with you guys and corrected by statement and thought process.

GL today . :cheers:

Tried to grab the total at 51 but missed now 53.5 and 54 so instead I grabbed FAU TT over 24 . Also played some FAU at 4.5 -120 and 1st H but not done adding to the game play yet and waiting out the ML to see what I can get ......

GL all ......:cheers:

Florida Atlantic gets their starting center back from injury tonight. Nick Paris will suit for the first time this season. That is a big deal for this line!

i know the line movement is violent guys, but i really think tonight goes under..

Hard to pass on the Tuesday under theme . Prefer to play Troy Under TT and FAU TT over then the game total. I am shocked how low they opened this so that can also be a good indicator ...Would need around 56 to play an under here but wouldnt be suprised to see the game end 47-49 points....

Lots of upside but also lots of miscues on both offenses . FAU defense has played very well in there games this year ...IMO:cheers:

Thanks bro. That was written very late in the night here on the East Coast so I was just typing off memory . If you read my last post just a few above this you will see I totally agree with you guys and corrected by statement and thought process.

GL today . :cheers:
I didn't realize this had already been discussed. I jumped to conclusions on the first page without looking to see there was 3 pages in this thread. Sorry to re-rehash the past. Best of luck to you as well.

One of the things that I think people are overlooking with Troy is the fact that they turned the ball over four times against MTSU and still won by 14. Everybody talks about the points that MTSU left on the field well how about the four turnovers that Troy had.

I think Troy is a better team with alot of experience on both the offensive (five starters back) and defensive (three starters back) lines. Troy has actually held opponents to less than four yards per carry.

FAU is not a disciplined team. They make stupid turnovers and rely too much on the pass. The Owls are a team that finds ways to lose. I think Troy is the play and they have shown to this point that they can run and pass the ball and force turnovers. Additionally there is a huge revenge factor that just cannot be ignored given how much it cost Troy last year. Is there anyway that FAU isn't deflated after the MTSU miracle?

Troy -3.5 medium play

All hail the Tuesday night shit game of the week.

Very diverse discussion and I am more confused than when I first heard there was a game.

Just to fade the Under trend I will be playing the inflated over line. 7-6 final?

One of the things that I think people are overlooking with Troy is the fact that they turned the ball over four times against MTSU and still won by 14. Everybody talks about the points that MTSU left on the field well how about the four turnovers that Troy had.

I think Troy is a better team with alot of experience on both the offensive (five starters back) and defensive (three starters back) lines. Troy has actually held opponents to less than four yards per carry.

FAU is not a disciplined team. They make stupid turnovers and rely too much on the pass. The Owls are a team that finds ways to lose. I think Troy is the play and they have shown to this point that they can run and pass the ball and force turnovers. Additionally there is a huge revenge factor that just cannot be ignored given how much it cost Troy last year. Is there anyway that FAU isn't deflated after the MTSU miracle?

Troy -3.5 medium play

Fair points . I cant answer much about the Troy turnovers because there is no game log to be found but we dont know when they occurred or where they happpened . If they resulted in any MTSU points . So did they have any impact ? I do know from the recaps that the 2 MTSU turnovers seemed to directly lead to points that helped Troy to a 17-3 Half lead. I dont think anything that occurred there shouldnt have in the sense of outcome . Troy was 6 pt favs and should have been the line was fair . I felt all along the game last week the line should have been a PK not 2.5 . So if I imply 3.5 pts for home field then a Troy team who is 6 pts stronger then would be favored by -2.5 here thus IMO creating value . Factor in FAU success vs Troy and what was a better Troy team I think only adds to FAU's value . Last years win was no fluke if they only by a TD at home the prior season with a freshman QB Rusty Smith . Now he is a Jr and now Troy has a different QB so cant say they have some sort of revenge with a new QB running the offense and some other key differences in personnel.

FAU does find ways to lose but were also talking about games on the road not at there home stadium . Not sure that Troy has more offensive starters back since I believe FAU returned just about everyone who particpated in the win @ Troy in 07 ..

BOL .. :cheers:

FAU +4.5 .... i can lose and feel good about this bet .. odds they get blown out are pretty small imo .... so doubt i am out of this in the fourth quarter.

I didn't realize this had already been discussed. I jumped to conclusions on the first page without looking to see there was 3 pages in this thread. Sorry to re-rehash the past. Best of luck to you as well.

No problem bro. Did the same exact thing reread page 1 before . Looked at my comments from last night and then researched the game. So I can understand why you missed it ...:shake:

My numbers have Troy by 6 so I'm thinking it will come down to the last drive. Small play on Troy -4 just for shits and giggles

Troy -4 2X

I'll just post the play here rather than in my own thread.

Just think (regardless of the public %'s) this line says take the home dog please. When they wanted backers on FAU last week they gave us a tasty -2.5 for MTSU. Line not as short for the Trojans.

Superior team and it's going to be hard for FAU to just win simply because they got ripped... MTSU is a hit or miss squad and beat them on a miss night.

Troy.

:shake:

and for those interested I still hate my online book. Lost track of time and tried putting the troy TT under in waited because the price was shit . So of course I start at 7:54 and its pulled at 7:55. Anyway submit it ...price change , retype password ....price change , retype pass word ...of course OTB the third and final type I do it ......assholes!

FAU +4.5 .... i can lose and feel good about this bet .. odds they get blown out are pretty small imo .... so doubt i am out of this in the fourth quarter.

Stations had 5 earlier in the day.

I wish I was your roomie.

I will take the 4, for half a play.

and for those interested I still hate my online book. Lost track of time and tried putting the troy TT under in waited because the price was shit . So of course I start at 7:54 and its pulled at 7:55. Anyway submit it ...price change , retype password ....price change , retype pass word ...of course OTB the third and final type I do it ......assholes!

WORST feeling when it hits:hang:. Kind of a embarrassed happy feeling when it does not go through and loses though.

nice cash troy backers.

FAU found a way to lose and not cover. They had to work hard to do it.

Rusty smith and that horrible delivery should be benched or atleast break his arm. Thy comparedhim to phillip rivers..........

Rusty smith and that horrible delivery should be benched or atleast break his arm. Thy comparedhim to phillip rivers..........

not a good sign when a team is arguing like that .. see rutgers... rusty smith was bad ......

18 td 0 int in rZ last year .. now with whole offense back they cant get it done.

Good hit Inspekadeh . Guess I caught a break on that TT and everything I played lost and everything I passed on won . I intended to play the TT under so it lost ...

Anyway one of those games . I amde a huge error I guess in thinking being home and playing a similiar team would help with FAU's sloppiness . I guess I was wrong on that front . However the FAU coaching is terrible . There offensive game plan just sucks . Ididnt understand the need for tricky on the opening drive after a big pass play where they tried to toss it to a RB who was looking to pass . Naturally its turned 1st and 10 at the troy 20 to like 2nd and 13 at the 23. Then there was the 3rd and 1 in the 1st quarter where they decide to throw it downfield . So this is how a game unravels when there is no postives to build on . Anyway 3rd and 1 on there 23 they chuck it deep . So the punt gets a shit kick off and then worse the get a 15 yd penalty on top of it !

Troy down 3-0 starts at FAUs 38 something easily avoided by just trying to run the ball IMO . Naturally cant say they dont get it but I think watching the game there was a good chance they did. Slowly it unravels now. They get screwed on the 3rd down scramble when instead of the spot on the 12 its at the 10 yd line and a 1st down somehow no one noticed . How I dont know it was that obvious . Plus its an easy call there is no action to follow . Anyway tack on another gift 1st down when they call FAU for a face mask . So despite 2 3rd down stops they get gift conversions . Instead of 3-3 its 7-3 Troy .

have no idea why FAU didnt try and run the ball early or mix it but they had 2 rushes on teh 1st drive . Then next possession drop back everytime which a 1st down sacked almost necessary . So what do they do next possession ? Drop bac and throw. On 1st down inc , then 2nd down a sack and 15 yd loss , and 3rd down inc so they have to punt from the 5 yd line . Of course now Troy ball at the 41 yd line. Anyway they move the ball some get it 1st goal and settle for 3 pts ...

So 10-3 thanks to so many mistakes .

they kickoff and the odd play where it just hits the kid in the head as the ball got knocked down . Now granted 1st time they were going that direction but isnt that something the ST coach should be saying to his players ??? Totally inexcusable IMO and not from the players standpoint so much .

Of course FAU is unraveling and its now 17-3 after the ball is on teh16 yd line and they get a 16 yd TD run on 2nd down.

Next drive real important and FAU moves the ball . They get it to 1st and goal at the 4yd line. Explain why FAU is still not trying to run the ball ?? Not sure why Edgecomb isnt getting a chance or any of 3 guys. Instead lets call a running play for our QB. Its obvious the kid is pressing so lets lean on him more . Makes sense . Okay 2nd and goal from the 4 what do we do ?? Thats right pass it again . So its incomplete . Then of course 3rd and goal and Smith forces a pass and gets picked off. One can call out Rusty Smith but I am sorry you have RBs for a reason and thats why you use them 4 yards away from the end zone when your QB comes in having an INT problem.

Troy ball gets it back and chance up 17-3 to ice the game if can get a TD . They move ut some but Hampton is picked off . So FAU gets redemption . Anyway get it back to the Troy 4 after moving it some . What do they do ? They get the memo and run it picking up 2 yds . so 2nd and goal from the 2 probably the one thing you shouldnt do is give it back to Pierre who hasnt done anything really with the ball. Probably best chance to throw it because if you get stuffed the whole stadium knows your struggling QB will drop back to pass and he just throw a pick Or you allow Rose Edgecomb to get the ball. Nope silly OC gives it back to Pierre who probably hadnt gained more then 3 maybe 4 yds on a carry and he lsoes 6 yds . This time Rusty Smith gets it done and bails out the offense . TD 17-10 game.

Anyway they play defense and get a stop and punt . What happens ? ST blunder again. The guy fields it at the 5 or 6 yd line rather then let it roll to the end zone for a touchback . So of course starting at the 8 yd line they are just trying to get a 1st down kill some clock. Of course after 8 yd gain on 1st they go back to teh same back but at least it was Edgecomb this time . Anyway they are just wasting to much time here and movve it some pick u a few 1st downs and then Smith forces another pass to the TE thinking he was going the opposite way . Smith had a wide open WR on his right side though and why is a guy with 50 seconds looking ONLY at the middle of the field ? So luckily FAU holds 17-10 .

After half Troy gets the ball and start with couple big plays including a rare 26 yd reception that was on some poor tackling .

So now already ball at the FAU 33 . Big play 4th and 4 at the FAU 27 and they cant hold Troy who winds up witha FG but a TOD would have been great momentum. Ensuing kickoff they get a gift as the kicker looks hobbled and start at there 40yd line.

Still only 20-10 game and already at FAU 40. What happens ? They call flea flicker on 1st down and Smith gets sacked for 8 yds ! yep a team struggling to execute calls for a flea flciker makes sense because not much goes into executing one in the FAU bizarro world . So they just blew there gift . Edgecomb gets 10 back on 2nd down and didnt they realize this kid was gashing Troy ?? So 3rd and 8 from teh FAU 42 and INC so punt .

Oh bad snap the ball goes all the way by the punter and Troy takes over at the 4 yd line of FAU !!! So another ST fuck up and of course a GIFT TD. Again 27-10 .

So FAU ball again decent field position . They get it 3rd and 1 at the 43 yd line but run it and cant pick it up . Half way through the 3rd Q you just muffed a punt maybe go for it ???? I think they should have but waste a TO and then punt it ...

They actually back troy up and after a few plays get the ball back after a punt . Still 5:36 to play and start at the 24 yd line . FAU just continues to drop back and chuck it . On 3rd down he hits a big one for 26 yds and midfield . Finally they hand it off to Edgecomb and guess what he gets 15 yds down to the 35 of troy . Do they run again ? Nope another pass and another 1st down INC . They do convert on 3rd and 6 . Now 1st and 10 at the Troy 13 yd line . They run it pick up a few to the 10. Do they run again ? Nope pass and pass and shocking inc and inc ...Even better somewhow they miss a 27yd FG .....Settle for a short FG and 30-13 .....

Unbelievable is not even the right phrase and I didnt see the miss who knows what happen. Troy wisely just keeps handing it up grinding clock and yards not that FAU defense is both deflated and probably tiring . Another key 4th and 1 at the FAU 31 and credit Troy for picking it up again.

FAU ball again and still its a 3 TD game there is that slight chance . FAU showed no emphasis on moving quickly . Well Smith makes some plays and FAU takes a TO at 9 minutes and 1st down at the Troy 19 . So 1st down do they run ??No and inc then another big sack ...again though anothe big 3rd down conversion. Troy never ever once stepped on FAU and put them down IMO . Troy had so many opps to score a TD and ice the game couldnt do it and they had a few chances to stop teh FAU offense and didnt . Anyway now 1st goal probably about 7 to play and what does FAU do now ? Run it 3x of course and waste about 2 minutes of clock to get 3 yards . Scoring is great but scoring quickly is just as important . If youwont run on the 19yd line with 9 1/2 minutes left why when its 3 yds away and waste costly minutes ? Just stupid shit that is scary stupid. So they cut it to 30-17 but only 7 instead of nearly 9 minutes left .

the defense doesnt make a play till they get a fumble on 1st and 10 but they cant get it back . The hold them and get it back with 4:20 to go and after moving it some . They do need to realize that 1st down Troy is giving them free yards. They dont and of cousre throw on 1st down with about 3:45 to go and it goes INC and they use a TO not sure why if it was injury but you can see how mismanged they are . No screens to the RBs or WRs where they can get out of bounds and pick up yards and eventually thats your ball game .......

Clearly FAU had no business winning the game but the players cant be blamed anymore then the coaches especially ST and OC . terrible job and when guys are that terrible they rarely change .

There was nothing on either side of the ball the impressed by Troy. Nothing honestly . No real big runs or big passes . Couple of plays that were nice chunks but some missed tackles on a wet field aided them. The defense I cant say really stopped them they just reacted to what FAU did . Sad when I look back . The INT in the end zone how can you not pick it or the one to end the 1st H. The busted RB toss or flea flicker all you do is follow the ball.

The way I see it Troy was the much better coached team and wile more disciplined applied not much of what ofFAU did was about discipline besides the stupid penalty in the 1st Q . It was execution and from the sidelines to the field there was very little of that from FAU outside of the defense for what was a few plays here and there. Troy earned 9 pts today and had 30 ..14 off the ST gaffes , 4 due to the bad spot extending a dead drive , and 3 pts that came after the missed FG that was simply a deflated team at that point .....

FAU doesnt have much of a chance to win games with whats going on in that program now that I saw it live . Inept coaching with marginal players just doesnt succeed. All good mid majors have one common theme IMO - good coaches . Those teams see there coaches move on and usually have success at the next level . Think about it for a second and it will hold true . I tip my hat to Troy's coaches for preparing hi steam to play and getting the most out of them. I still think FAU worst case is just as talented a team but they are a mess. A complete mess .

How can FAU win when this occurs -
TSU 46 ends in TD(should have been just 3)
FAU 42 ends in FG
FAU 16 ends in TD
TSU 30 ends in FG
FAU 4 ends in TD
TSU 20 ends in FG after FAU misses 27yder .......

FAU had 5 drives that lasted at least 8 plays and went at least 45 yds but had a missed 27 yd fG and INT in the end zone so they lost 6 -14 pts ....

Troy had just 4 drives that lasted more then 5 plays and while they had 5 drives that lasted 34 yds or more it only lead to 16 points and that included the gify extra 4 from the TD instead of FG .....

This conference stinks this year IMO ....Troy is nowhere near what they were IMO ....:cheers:

Do this as much for me to get an overview of the game and to learn from my mistake . Mistake here not realiing how fucked up this progam was ....sorry fellas misread this one and it cost me a boatload and worse I said what about the total to TrueBlue ?? It will probably end on 47-49 I think is my comment ? So 30-17 is what 47 .....only aggravates me further and BTW good call TB on that as the Tuesday UNDER hits again. Also for all the talk of revenge I just didnt see anything from Troy that makes me think they imposed there will rather just enjoyed and capitialized of FAU self destructing time and time again. I knew it was bad at FAU but WOW.......pissed by great Monday away and down after 2 days no ....

Do this as much for me to get an overview of the game and to learn from my mistake . Mistake here not realiing how fucked up this progam was ....sorry fellas misread this one

agree with whole post but especially have same sentiment with above statement. I misread how bad the coaching and team chemistry was and there is a reason this team is finding ways to lose.

Do this as much for me to get an overview of the game and to learn from my mistake . Mistake here not realiing how fucked up this progam was ....sorry fellas misread this one

agree with whole post but especially have same sentiment with above statement. I misread how bad the coaching and team chemistry was and there is a reason this team is finding ways to lose.

Thanks VK . Pissed at this one . I truly had no idea they were so "damaged" . Even more piss because I never knew the weather situation . Would never knowlingly back a mobile QB vs a drop back QB on a muddy field or at least strongly ...

Pretty scary at the ST aspect ....
ST for FAU with weak punts and penalties allowed the drives to start at Troy 47 and FAU 42 then the muffed kickoff and muffed punt ....

That was 24 of the 30 pts Troy scored ! TWENTY FOUR !! they had 2 FGs otherwise the one after half and the one after the missed 27 yd FG which we could lump into ST ...

so FAU Special TEAMS reads -27 points !

Crazy gotta move on though just mad I misread this one after thinking Troy upon 1st glance . Looked at Troy and what I thought is what I got minus the 24 free points ....:36_11_6:

Back