Weekday florida atlantic vs troy

• Thread starter Thread starter ontime23
  • Start date Start date
sooooooooo many things have to fit in for revenge, troy is bringing in a brand new QB here aren't they for his first conference roady?

how does troy coach stress revenge to a few players that will be important that weren't even a part of the game last year?

Thanks GMan...I am going to wait for my local at 10:00 AM to see if he has the favorite juiced as usual for these weekday games...4' even better.

Good work lately.

This is my thoery on revenge.

1 The level of "revenge" depends on how much the coach stresses it during weekly game prep. Some coaches just bang it to the max. As a result, certain coaches are money in revenge situations.

Does the Troy coach have a positve ATS trend in revenge situations ?

2 All players can use revenge as a motivating factor. However, I think the revenge factor carries a little more weight when the team with revenge is a dog, or the inferior, or slightly inferior team. Revenge may be enough for the dog to play above their heads. Favored teams IMHO do not gain as much motivation from revenge, since they already perceive themselves as the superior team.

sooooooooo many things have to fit in for revenge, troy is bringing in a brand new QB here aren't they for his first conference roady?

how does troy coach stress revenge to a few players that will be important that weren't even a part of the game last year?
Don't know if this matters for the revenge aspect, but the only current Troy offensive starter who did not get any playing time in this game last year was Jamie Hampton. That's a pretty key piece of the offense to try to get geared for revenge, but just because he wasn't on the field doesn't mean he didn't have some emotion in the game. Think this angle may hold a little weight, not as much as maybe an entire returning lineup, but some anyway...

I think Howard will be the difference tonight. He will coach them to a win. The guy is a genious and has some talent in that team. He'll pull this one off since his season is on the line.

That isn't what i am saying at all .. i think the wrong team is favored.
At first glance the team many picked to win the conf gettin 3 1/2 is a must play....BUT,imo, if this line was truly soft the sharps would have pounced and they didnt, in fact it sat stale and is now up a tick...

At first glance the team many picked to win the conf gettin 3 1/2 is a must play....BUT,imo, if this line was truly soft the sharps would have pounced and they didnt, in fact it sat stale and is now up a tick...

If the game opened 3.5 and sits at 3.5 now ...and 78% of the bets are on Troy .... where do you think the sharp money is ?

Right or wrong , the sharps are on FAU based on logical analysis of betting trends. Never know it for a fact but it has to be assumed since the line hasn't moved.

This looks like a public fade situation lining up for sure. Bets to $ discrepancy with the $/bet going in favor of FAU. I like to think this is the smart money and that the public betting Troy is keeping the line hovering in the 3-4 range. Like the home dog and the public underdog here, I played it at +4 and the ML. FAU has only played one home game and has had some pretty tough matchups along the way. I think they'll be pretty pumped about getting home to play an opponent that they know they can beat. It is hard to read much into the stats of most of the games both of these teams have played. When you are trying to match up against a team that is far superior to yours, you play outside your game plan and don't necesarrily play up to your ability.

FAU and the points for me.

To clarify I know a guy and he said to me word for word

"Troy is a good football team"

He did not say anything about FAU or any selections, he just said they are a good team, because I guess he follows them or how would he know that, I just found it surprising, because I was like who cares about TROY, so I thought they might be good if this guy is telling me they are a good team even thought they are small school.

Tuesday night unders have only missed twice in the last 2 full seasons... sign me up for under.

To clarify I know a guy and he said to me word for word

"Troy is a good football team"

He did not say anything about FAU or any selections, he just said they are a good team, because I guess he follows them or how would he know that, I just found it surprising, because I was like who cares about TROY, so I thought they might be good if this guy is telling me they are a good team even thought they are small school.

It turns out that quite a few people like Troy tonight .. as i said above , it was just an opportunity to make a joke and i couldn't help myself.

However , i dont think Troy is a good football team ... but that is just my opinion.

gl tonight .... i am probably laying off ... waiting for BAR to talk me off of the FAU cliff

have not capped the game at all-- I saw FAU play last week, their D looked good, O a bit shaky and they should have won that game by 14+

However when I was talking to a guy this was like 1 month ago, it had nothing to do with betting or spreads, I just found it strange that he said Troy is a good team--

I will do my own research and look into it deeper, but it seems that these games can be hard to cap in these mickey mouse smaller schools, could anyone have capped the MTSU win last week?

However 1 for sure strategy is almost to take the team losing at half in these games, because in reality the teams and talent is pretty much even, so if a team is leading they usually have a drop off and the other teams come back-- Last week MTSU outscoring FAU 14-3 second half-

So the team trailing makes comebacks in these schools, because they are not facing the Texas and MIZZOu that keep piling on points--

However wasnt Troy the team that played with Ohio state, and used to give Nebraska fits a few years back?

Not sure but over the top it seems to me that home field advantage is big in the sense that the visitors cannot play on the road and execute for 60 mins, ie FAU last week playing great for about 50 minutes and then losing the game where they could have shut out MTSU in that game. This happens becaues small school teams are not trustworthy IMO-

If you want to bet TROY you feel they are a step above FAU and the other mickey mouse teams. They are almost in a Donald DUCK category if you bet TROY- at least he has a beak to hit the opponents and get down and dirty.

If you bet FAU you know they are mickey mouse but you feel that TROY is also mickey mouse, so a bet on FAU is warranted in that case.

sammy...your disney analysis is cool

but how bout if I feel FAU as a team is more GOOFY with a sprinkle of DAISY?

does that make Troy any less then Pluto?

thoughts appreciated ;)

Last edited:
Took FAU +3.5 & Under 51.5 with the local for $50 each, just so I have something to watch - friggin' Presidential debate.

:down:

I don't know about all this Mickey Mouse stuff, but just betting on this game makes us all Fucking Goofy.

goofytime.jpg

Shellenberger shit the joint up last week vs MTSU-

He basically pulled a

Whinnie the little SHIT

THis week Shellenberger must redeem himself in this spot and be a LIVE

The story behind the MICKEY MOUSE is that I used to have 2 bookies---

One was solid- took any bets, huge, financially backed- had all big players---

Other was a single man operation, guy answered half the time, couldn't count, talked really slow, sounded retarded over the phone.

The slow dumb bookie also bet with the good bookie above. One time the good bookies phone was busy and the slow dumb bookie could not get in a bet. I saw him at the gym and he told me "Fucken hell I am sick of these guys running this MICKEY MOUSE BOOKIE service" THe funny thing he was the one running the mickey mouse service.

i guess if someone is taking FAU after the loss last week and the ripping Shellenberger gave them , one may be weary that FAU is a

Gurv that guy was so funny we would call him on pay day and my friend would leave messages on his answering machines with different songs. One time he called and left Stevie Wonder "I just called to say I love you" on his answering machine--

he would tell us, I think some chick is stalking me, my buddy started laughing out of control, he could not stop until i kicked him and said knock it off. He said to us, well if she loves me she should just give me her phone number. Even I was like wow unreal this guy is the best.

The guy told me once can I pay you guys by cheque- we said yah no problem, he was standing there with a cheque just staring at us. He was like what do I do? We are like write your name and the amount on the Cheque. He's like how do you spell Jeff? I said J E F F- he said shit bud sometimes I forget how to spell and write my name--- I was not really shocked as this guy was loaded somehow, new cars every month, but was not educated--

Then we knew a guy who won over 250,000 in the Ontario sports lottery. I asked him how he won so much and he told me the guy is very good with numbers and math--

I asked him really what else is he good at? He said to me he is good at reading, spelling. I almost shit myself when he said spelling and realized because he cuold not spell i guess he figured it was a SKILL.

This guy was funny as hell---

Gurv that guy was so funny we would call him on pay day and my friend would leave messages on his answering machines with different songs. One time he called and left Stevie Wonder "I just called to say I love you" on his answering machine--

he would tell us, I think some chick is stalking me, my buddy started laughing out of control, he could not stop until i kicked him and said knock it off. He said to us, well if she loves me she should just give me her phone number. Even I was like wow unreal this guy is the best.

The guy told me once can I pay you guys by cheque- we said yah no problem, he was standing there with a cheque just staring at us. He was like what do I do? We are like write your name and the amount on the Cheque. He's like how do you spell Jeff? I said J E F F- he said shit bud sometimes I forget how to spell and write my name--- I was not really shocked as this guy was loaded somehow, new cars every month, but was not educated--

Then we knew a guy who won over 250,000 in the Ontario sports lottery. I asked him how he won so much and he told me the guy is very good with numbers and math--

I asked him really what else is he good at? He said to me he is good at reading, spelling. I almost shit myself when he said spelling and realized because he cuold not spell i guess he figured it was a SKILL.

This guy was funny as hell---

:36_11_6:

The tears are rolling down my face.......

We had knicknames for all the bookies-----

The dumb bookie that we make fun enough cant read or write or spell, but he is very smart when it comes to somehow getting the balances right- he would never forget a bet in that regards--

His knickname was " WHY'D YOU PAUSE"

My friend called him, he said Hello and my friend said its JOE T calling--

He said okay I have your balance at -350

My friend was anxious to get the lines and said nothing in response to thebookie saying you are down -350--

So there was silence for perhaps 3 seconds--

He said in this retarded prolonged VOICE- "WHY'D YOU PAUSE"

My buddy kept on imitating his voice and the way he said that--

I guess he figured that because my friend did not say okay that he figured he may have made a mistake in his balance and he was actually down more money-

The funniest is when he called me looking for some college winners, my mom would say some weirdo called the house looking for you, i cant understand what he is saying. He called me and said Bud I am in a hole I need some college football winners-
The only problem it was the middle of April lol- guy didnt evenknow what season they play in.

there was also a third classic Old school Bookie--- He was an old school poker operator and also opened up the books-----

He was Italian and had a brother. We needed a knickname for him, so we made a baseball bet on St Louis with him and it won. So the pitcher was St Louis was that JIMINZEZ pitcher who pitched for them about 6 years ago-- So that was his new knickname--

We called him on Saturday for college lines- He picks up the phone half asleep, and he said Tony Tony, go grab the newspaper we need to give the college lines out-

We were laughing he was using the newspaper from midweek to give college lines, some line were off by a full Td due to injuries and he had no idea at all--

This guy was a classic, I remember one QB was out in a college game and he had the line for the favorite at I believe -9 and the line shot down to a PICK- Everyone hammered the +9 points, he was telling us that he has never had so much action on a game, the funny thing is that he won that bet as the -9 covered anyway so he said he made a killing on that mistake.

Quick slant: By losing to Middle Tennessee 14-13 last Tuesday, FAU put itself in a must-win situation tonight. Troy is 4-1 all time vs. the Owls and brings another solid team to South Florida. The Owls were picked to win the Sun Belt title for the second consecutive season, but are off to a shaky start and need to turn things around in a hurry.

About Troy: The Trojans use a spread offense, and sophomore QB Jamie Hampton has been running it well in his first season as a starter. Hampton has completed 63.4 percent of his passes and is averaging 232.5 yards passing, with nine touchdowns and seven interceptions. The defense is led by LB Boris Lee, who has 56 tackles. The Trojans are weak at the corners, something FAU needs to exploit.

About FAU: The Owls have lost three in a row and scored one touchdown in those games. The defense, led by Frantz Joseph's 64 tackles, has improved against the spread but needs to force turnovers to help the offense. QB Rusty Smith has completed just 48.1 percent of his passes and needs to bump that up if the Owls are going to win. Expect FAU to try to run against Troy to take the burden off Smith and the drop-prone receiving corps.
<!-- / message -->

Saturday Interviews with Coach Schnellenberger and Players
Coach Schnellenberger

"This of course is a very important game for us, as they all were last year in our run towards the championship of the Sun Belt conference. We're in a playoff situation against Troy. In all likelihood, the Sun Belt champion will have them all. If there's nobody there to win them all then you have to win all but one, and that's the situation that we had last year.

I'm concerned about the health of the offensive line. It looks like C Nick Paris will be able to play some, it looks like *RG John Rizzo will be able to play some. LG *(Kevin) Miller is improving, and RG *David Matlock is playing with an injury that continues to nag him. That's most of the offensive line so we've got to pray that it all holds up and that we can put enough points on the board to win.

It will be a high-scoring game as it was a year ago. It'll take 25 points or so to win the ballgame and we've got to be able to produce that many points.

But all in all, the team is in good spirits, they've practiced hard this week and we look forward to the upcoming game."

* are starters

Last year's Starting Ctr Nick Price has not played so far and his replacement Ryan Wischnefski (10/6, ankle) is ? for tonight Also ? are DE Hancock and OL Lavoris Williams.

Quick slant: By losing to Middle Tennessee 14-13 last Tuesday, FAU put itself in a must-win situation tonight. Troy is 4-1 all time vs. the Owls and brings another solid team to South Florida. The Owls were picked to win the Sun Belt title for the second consecutive season, but are off to a shaky start and need to turn things around in a hurry.

About Troy: The Trojans use a spread offense, and sophomore QB Jamie Hampton has been running it well in his first season as a starter. Hampton has completed 63.4 percent of his passes and is averaging 232.5 yards passing, with nine touchdowns and seven interceptions. The defense is led by LB Boris Lee, who has 56 tackles. The Trojans are weak at the corners, something FAU needs to exploit.

About FAU: The Owls have lost three in a row and scored one touchdown in those games. The defense, led by Frantz Joseph's 64 tackles, has improved against the spread but needs to force turnovers to help the offense. QB Rusty Smith has completed just 48.1 percent of his passes and needs to bump that up if the Owls are going to win. Expect FAU to try to run against Troy to take the burden off Smith and the drop-prone receiving corps.
<!-- / message -->

Good job ontime :cheers: This is one reason I'm laying off this game. Too many injuries on FAU and too much on the line could be a recipe for disaster. I'll be rooting for FAU but not betting. :shake:

Good info OnTime

Hate to see this...

It will be a high-scoring game as it was a year ago. It'll take 25 points or so to win the ballgame and we've got to be able to produce that many points.

I already hit the under

kimbo_slice_02_2.jpg

Action12 I like that teaser, I think you hit that one buddy

how does this man get knocked out silly by a JAB?

Just got off the phone with my contact that has some inside info.

Bank it money;

PS

We're getting married in a few weeks :bong:

I hope your contact is money in the bank buddy---- is this your contact?
I'm on this one also buddy----

Back